Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/28/2015 12:14:25 PM EDT
With this administration turning it's back on Israel and the Democrats basically giving the big f you, I wonder how they will vote in 2016.

I have some neighbors that moved down from New York and we had this conversation they are Jewish and a bit confused where to stand with the nation of Israel basically being screwed over. I know many ethnic groups of this one in particular vote Democrat.

I wonder what the establishment Jews are thinking. Lots of D's in Senate who are playing the role of Judas.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:15:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Liberal, as usual.  There are some smarter Jews out there who know what's at stake.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:15:53 PM EDT
[#2]
The same way they always vote!
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#3]
You think liberal American Jews give a fuck about Israel?

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:16:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Like they always have.  

Democrat.

The logic behind that continues to escape me.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:16:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm willing to bet much the same. With a heavy heart mind you
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:17:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
With this administration turning it's back on Israel and the Democrats basically giving the big f you, I wonder how they will vote in 2016.

I have some neighbors that moved down from New York and we had this conversation they are Jewish and a bit confused where to stand with the nation of Israel basically being screwed over. I know many ethnic groups of this one in particular vote Democrat.

I wonder what the establishment Jews are thinking. Lots of D's in Senate who are playing the role of Judas.
View Quote

Libs will liberal.

It will not change.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:17:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Democrat Jews are party first and will vote accordingly.

As always the democrats spin this agreement to make it look positive, and the supporters just believe
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:17:40 PM EDT
[#8]
If they're dumb enough to vote D all this time they'll continue to vote D. Something like 2/3 of American Jews vote D.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:18:02 PM EDT
[#9]
They will vote Dem, they always do.
It confuses me.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:18:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Most of the American Jews I have met aren't Jewish first, they are liberal first then Jewish when it benefits them.  They also rarely attend services.

Edit: They remind me of Catholics.  Almost all of the Catholics I know also vote liberal yet they profess to be against damn near everything liberals preach.  I know one conservative Catholic.  One.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:20:47 PM EDT
[#11]
a plurality of American Jews support the new Iran nuclear deal.

The LA Jewish Journal survey released Thursday found that 48 percent of Jews support the deal while 28 percent oppose it and 25 percent hadn't heard enough to form an opinion. The survey described key parts of the deal, which lifts major economic sanctions against Iran in exchange for Iran restricting its nuclear program in a way that makes it harder for it to produce nuclear weapons.

Jewish support for the deal was 20 percentage points higher than for Americans overall, according to a side-by-side poll of the general public.
View Quote

source

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:22:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

source

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The LA Jewish Journal survey released Thursday found that 48 percent of Jews support the deal while 28 percent oppose it and 25 percent hadn't heard enough to form an opinion. The survey described key parts of the deal, which lifts major economic sanctions against Iran in exchange for Iran restricting its nuclear program in a way that makes it harder for it to produce nuclear weapons.

Jewish support for the deal was 20 percentage points higher than for Americans overall, according to a side-by-side poll of the general public.

source

So like Black peoples opinions on policies in Nigeria
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:22:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:23:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So like Black peoples opinions on policies in Nigeria
View Quote

I don't know....I don't know what black American's opinions on policies in Nigeria are.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:25:14 PM EDT
[#15]
To a liberal their politics are their only true religion. All other considerations are secondary. Liberal Jews will vote Dem no matter what the cost.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#16]
There are a ton of American Jews that are not pro-Israel.

Hell, the way it is has been explained to me that many American Jews only identify as Jews to claim victim/minority status, when in reality they do not practice Judaism.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:28:38 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm voting the same way I always have...for the party that represents my views the best way (and it doesn't begin with the letter D).

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:28:40 PM EDT
[#18]
It's not about Israel. It's about the sacrament of abortion.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:28:46 PM EDT
[#19]
I think some of the money support will waiver, but they will still vote for more taxes, more redistribution, more spying, more rights restricted.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:32:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Own worst enemy.. Makes me sad.

Interesting enough there were a ton of kippa wearing Jews at CPAC this year. So conservative ones do exist and many we're young
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:42:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I think some of the money support will waiver, but they will still vote for more taxes, more redistribution, more spying, more rights restricted.
View Quote

Isn't that the republican platform too?

ETA: Silly me, that's the republican platform AFTER election season.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:44:39 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a feeling 75% of the American Jewish population would vote for Hitler if he ran as a Democrat.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:45:38 PM EDT
[#23]
American Jews don't give a fuck about Israel.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:46:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have a feeling 75% of the American Jewish population would vote for Hitler if he ran as a Democrat.  
View Quote

I think you are lowballing the estimate.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:48:05 PM EDT
[#25]
They'll vote for democrats as always.

Like the black and Hispanic populations, they are automatic votes for D.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:48:36 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't support Israel as a favor to liberal American Jews so I really don't give a fuck what they think.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:49:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Liberal, as usual.  There are some smarter Jews out there who know what's at stake.
View Quote

Truth.  I know a few that are thoroughly unimpressed with Obama's bullshit and the "progressive" agenda in general.

But overall, you can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:51:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Even chucky shumer has kept his mouth shut regarding iran.  Hes stuck between a rock and a hard place...either embarrass the party and obummer or offend his base.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

source
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

source

A significant number of Jews support the various Palestinian terror groups and believe that Israel is the bad guy in that conflict. When you tell them how many rockets and rifle shots the Palestinians fired into Israel in the past few months, they pretty much put their hands over their ears and say, "Na, na, na, na, na, I can't hear you."
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:55:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Like they always have.  

Democrat.

The logic behind that continues to escape me.

View Quote

It boggles the mind and makes me ashamed. I sometimes wonder if a gov funded concentration camp was found in Upstate New York, if even THAT would change their views.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Right onto the train to Dachau I would imagine.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:57:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Why would they care about Israel?  Do black people care about Africa?  White people about Europe?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:00:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:00:13 PM EDT
[#35]

Jews can vote?

Who knew.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:01:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:06:05 PM EDT
[#37]
American Jews don't give a rats ass about Israel.

In actual fact they don't give a rats ass about America either.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:06:22 PM EDT
[#38]
They'd vote for Hitler if he ran as a Democrat.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:06:29 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:07:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Liberal jews will put their blinders on and vote D as always. And forever.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:08:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

Nothing will change.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:09:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Why would they care about Israel?  Do black people care about Africa?  White people about Europe?
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Jews are no more obligated to vote on what is best for Israel than Irish in America are obligated to vote on whats best for Ireland.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:12:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Their mind.  Not all Jews (cultural, religious, or both) are traditional democrats, thinking otherwise is buying into stereotypes.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:12:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Most of the American Jews I have met aren't Jewish first, they are liberal first then Jewish when it benefits them.  They also rarely attend services.

Edit: They remind me of Catholics.  Almost all of the Catholics I know also vote liberal yet they profess to be against damn near everything liberals preach.  I know one conservative Catholic.  One.
View Quote

This is, to a T, my sister-in-law.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:15:20 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Wow.  Good informative video.  Sad actually...

Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:24:39 PM EDT
[#47]
American and Jewish here...conservative. Immediate family votes Republican.

Extended not so much, my cousin might.

Not all Jews are Libs, though yes many are.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:25:54 PM EDT
[#48]
They better pull their heads out of their asses quick and quit fucking up the country. Hitler is about to rise from his grave and this time the heavy water experiments are complete. If the US goes tits up, nobody will be there to fight for them, or give them aid. They aren't going to do as well as they did in the Six Day War with Russia and China actively providing high tech support to their enemies.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:26:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:28:19 PM EDT
[#50]
I've actually considered standing outside of a nearby synagogue near election time with a sign that questions their suicidal voting choices. Most of them are legit and walking to services, so they'd have a long time to chew on it as they approached.

Not an angry message... just something that says, "Hey man, I love you. Why do you insist on voting against your friends and spiritual homeland?"
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top