Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:37:07 PM EDT
[#1]
If by weird symptoms you mean sitting up in bed and slamming a Rockstar as soon as my alarm clock goes off results in me being dressed and out the door in half the time, and getting more shit done at work in the first two hours than anybody else does all day, then yes, I associate weird symptoms with energy drinks.

What do you think it means, Doc?

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:40:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's very possible.  I did not fact check myself.  Just flying by the seat of my pants.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANmneU5BD-U

This is a graphic video of a man that drank 20-24 energy drinks in a short time period.  You will see his chest moving up in down greatly, which is is heart beating: so says the description.

You know lots of garbage posted on facebook is a lie, right?

http://m.snopes.com/24-cans-of-red-bull/

That's very possible.  I did not fact check myself.  Just flying by the seat of my pants.

That video is of a Brazilian country singer who died in a car accident. Or died from a car accident I should say.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:42:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never had one.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:43:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Who the hell drinks sugar free Monster for the taste?
View Quote

Well, the sugar free white cans are pretty good.

Pro tip: The sugar free Monster's have more caffeine than the regular ones.

I try to keep my consumption of them to one or less per day, or else it fucks with my already poor sleep habits.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:04:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't think that video has anything to do with energy drinks.
It looks like he is missing part of his rib cage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a graphic video of a man that drank 20-24 energy drinks in a short time period.  You will see his chest moving up in down greatly, which is is heart beating: so says the description.

Yeah that is flail chest, nothing to do with caffeine.

I used to get flats of Red Bull and NOS for free on our FSAE team.  The NOS was way too syrupy sweet, could never finish a can.
I drank the Red Bull like water for a while, never had any side effects that I recall, but it stopped working for me after a while and I stopped drinking them.  I have one every now and then when I need a little boost.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#6]
My fourteen year old daughter drank a couple of them and broke out in a bad cases of hives.
Rick
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:26:22 PM EDT
[#7]
No, because I'm smart enough not to drink poison YMMV
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:28:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No, because I'm smart enough not to drink poison YMMV
View Quote

You must not be from CA or drink coffee

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:29:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been drinking 3 green cans a day for 3 years and I haven't had any problems.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:31:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It always gave me headaches and heart palpitations but never joint problems.  I don't drink energy drinks any more.
View Quote

Weird headaches here too.  No longer touch the stuff.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like gout. I used to get real bad from drinking that Sam's Choice Clear American flavored carbonated water.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:33:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I drank three 24oz triple strength rock stars back to back in 2007.  I'll never have another energy drink again, save for a few sips of red bull. My piss was pt belt green for 3 days.
View Quote

That green is Bromine a toxin they use to bind together the artificial colors to the rest of the solution. It's basically poison. I'll never understand the shit people put in their bodies and know nothing about. BVO
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:35:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sounds like gout. I used to get real bad from drinking that Sam's Choice Clear American flavored carbonated water.

View Quote

It does sound like gout.  OP did you stop drinking alcohol at the same time?

I used to drink those same sugar free monsters when driving.  Then about two weeks ago, I did a little too much driving, with too much coffee and monster drinks.  I got a fever and severely dehydrated.  Not touching them again.  Dropped my coffee intake way down, and more water.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:37:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If by weird symptoms you mean sitting up in bed and slamming a Rockstar as soon as my alarm clock goes off results in me being dressed and out the door in half the time, and getting more shit done at work in the first two hours than anybody else does all day, then yes, I associate weird symptoms with energy drinks.

View Quote

for me its the opposite. I'd get so fucking wired I lose ability to concentrate on a single task. that's before the headache kicks in.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:38:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is what denial sounds like. Thanks for saving the world for us hero. Come back in 10 years and tell us how that's working out for ya, if your still alive that is. Stroke/Heart atttack FTMFW!
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:41:22 PM EDT
[#16]
"Energy Drinks" = Liquid Shit
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:54:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet...

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:15:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Wtf is wrong with a nice hot cup of coffee?

It's been 90+degrees,I've been working outside all day, and I'm sitting down to my mid afternoon cup..... Candy asses.... GHeeesh

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:17:18 PM EDT
[#19]
I stick to Diet Cokes for my caffeine fix.

Drink way too many, but my BP, etc are fantastic for a 50 year old.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:20:29 PM EDT
[#20]
I get weird body odor. Not a fattie.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:38:22 PM EDT
[#21]
I buy the Costco sugar free variety pack of monster as a substitute for coffee. Effects my heartburn a bit but nothing zantac can't handle. Try a different sugar free variety than the black one, I like the "women's" ones they have a textured can.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:44:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Yup, joint pain is a pretty common side effect of too much caffeine. Gets worse as you get older and more noticeable if you have an old injury.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:58:20 PM EDT
[#23]
I was just thinking, I know caffiene can be a major cause/aggravator of cystic breats in women. I know totally different, but not surprised if it could cause joint pain.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#24]
I've only been using high doses of caffeine for 30 years. My blood pressure was 117/68 and my pulse was 62 the last time I was at the doctor. Wow, I wonder what the long-term effects will be.

Better stop doing something that has a positive effect on my life because some random Arfcommer has a vague dislike of that action. Fuck research that has never shown negative effects of energy drinks on healthy adults. Science is for faggots.

OP, did you have other sources of caffeine? Did you increase your caffeine intake from other sources to replace the 380mg from the Monsters?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:49:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, it's what they call a flail chest. Very freaky to see in real life.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:00:52 PM EDT
[#26]
I love monster Rehab.

My Grandmother drinks Monster, as recommended by her doctor.  She eats like a bird, and he has her drink it to get a lot of the nutrients, minerals and vitamins elderly don't get in their reduced diets.

I started drinking it for the same reason more often recently, to pick up the slack on my shitty diet.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:03:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Arythmia, and hives.

Started getting hives. Taking Nexium and energy drinks at same time gave me hives. It was hard to figure out, we had to write down everything I ingested for about 2 weeks to find the correlation.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:09:20 PM EDT
[#28]
No, but I did have some serious issues with misreading a NO-Xplode label.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:09:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Aside from coffee I have never had an energy drink.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:25:42 PM EDT
[#30]

I love these. They taste like strawberry milk.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:34:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Drinking that shit is, in itself a symptom of a deeper problem.
Wean yourself.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:35:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I try to drink a lot of water, but I've developed a habit of drinking one or two Monster drinks each day.  I found that they helped with my migraines, and now I'm kind of hooked on 'em.  But I don't think I've noticed anything bad...yet.
View Quote

Same here for cluster headaches. It is actually a recommended therapy.  I can't wait for my cycle to be over. The shit is expensive and tastes terrible, but it does shorten the duration and intensity of my headaches.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:43:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Been drinking them since 05. Never really had any issues. All my physicals have been good as well.

Monster+ Vicodin is a hell of a drug though. Took that combo once during football practice.. Holy hell I felt like I was light as a feather, and had so much energy. I didn't even feel the hits. (I had real bad ankle pain back then, and just wanted to make it until the home coming game atleast.)
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:25:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Drinking that shit is, in itself a symptom of a deeper problem. Wean yourself.
View Quote

Shit.....do I need a shrink?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:37:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That green is Bromine a toxin they use to bind together the artificial colors to the rest of the solution. It's basically poison. I'll never understand the shit people put in their bodies and know nothing about. BVO
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I drank three 24oz triple strength rock stars back to back in 2007.  I'll never have another energy drink again, save for a few sips of red bull. My piss was pt belt green for 3 days.

Like I said, never again. I'm dropping soda now, switching to unsweetened tea and water, with the occasional carbonated water. Once all of the shit food runs out in the house it's on to the paleo diet.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:41:53 AM EDT
[#36]
I used to live on the things.. Bawls specifically, had cases delivered to the house.

I found that if I ate like a human, and slept 8 hours, I felt much better and had more energy than when I was drinking the energy drinks.  

Bottled sugar water should not be 80%+ of ones caloric intake apparently.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:55:15 AM EDT
[#37]
If I drink coffee I pee solids.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:00:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Are you a dentist? And do you drink all that crap (sans beer) in your fridge?!
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:09:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Are you a dentist? And do you drink all that crap (sans beer) in your fridge?!
View Quote

Tea, water, cokes, beer, juice.......standard stuff for a drink fridge.  What do you drink?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:09:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I loved the damn things, used to drink 2 of em a day.

Quit them a little bit before I finally quit smoking (about a year now). I was getting an uncontrollable twitch above my right eye and joint pain in my hands and ankles. I just dismissed those to getting older
Turns out I have a gnarly sensitivity to B vitamins, since quitting them neither the twitch or the joint pain has returned.

ETA: I drink 2 cups of coffee and about 1.5 liters of water a day. Once every couple of weeks I will have a soda.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:10:46 AM EDT
[#41]
A couple of years ago when I was coaching middle school wrestling a kid from the other team chugged a monster right before his match with our kid.  Our kid smoked him, then after he walked off the mat he collapsed.  He had to be taken by ambulance to the local hospital.  I don't know if it was the monster that caused it, but we used it as a teaching moment for our kids and told them don't drink monsters, redbulls, etc right before a game or match.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:11:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quit them a little bit before I finally quit smoking (about a year now). I was getting an uncontrollable twitch above my right eye and joint pain in my hands and ankles. I just dismissed those to getting older
Turns out I have a gnarly sensitivity to B vitamins, since quitting them neither the twitch or the joint pain has returned.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually really like the taste.  Nice tangy carbonated ICE cold.......mmmmmm.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:14:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Monsters don't have enough caffeine for me.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:17:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stop that.. You are going to make me relapse.

Kind of like smoking, so bad for me yet I miss it at times.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:18:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Ice water tastes better than any of that crap. That's what I drink.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:28:33 AM EDT
[#46]
I have one every few months, or when I'm on a very long drive. They lose their effect on me if I have more than a couple.

I required a few doing a non-stop from DFW to Disneyworld, and Yuma to DFW

Personally I try to drink other brands though. NOS and Red Bull tend to mess me up less than the others.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:31:01 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
22 years old making $80k a year at Boeing aint so bad..

I drink 2 a night with no ill effects. (nos zero) I had a coworker who was 23 pass kidney stones which he and his doctor contributed to his consumption of 4, 24oz rockstars a night, 7 days a week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

All those  drinks are no good. If you need to take speed to make it through your day, you should maybe take a minute to reevaluate what you are doing and maybe switch it up.

22 years old making $80k a year at Boeing aint so bad..

I drink 2 a night with no ill effects. (nos zero) I had a coworker who was 23 pass kidney stones which he and his doctor contributed to his consumption of 4, 24oz rockstars a night, 7 days a week.
I usually have two zero cal monsters per day. I also drink water constantly. I haven't experienced any side effects yet.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:31:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you start looking for something different, these are awesome and carbonated.
I love the Pinapple ones.
http://www.sparklingice.com/
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:34:56 AM EDT
[#49]
I drank one once during a game night with friends. After I went to bed, I woke up some time later with my back feeling like it was on fire, my heart pounding out of my chest and feeling generally disoriented. Wasn't fun, never touched a monster again.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:36:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It always gave me headaches and heart palpitations but never joint problems.  I don't drink energy drinks any more.
View Quote

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top