Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/28/2015 6:33:06 AM EDT
I happened to be at Fob Fenty, AFG and the USO was raffling off a huge fucking pile of loot from Vortex Optics. I didn't participate, but you guys made a bunch of troops real fucking happy. Nice to see companies still doing outreach for the guys still stuck out here.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:38:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Vortex is the shit. Waiting for my StrikeEagle to arrive any day now
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:42:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Waiting for my Spitfire. Its like waiting on Christmas.
 This is my first Vortex but everybody that uses them speaks highly.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:43:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup. I wish I had something to put a scope on. I'll probably be in for a pair of spotting scopes and a set of binos when I get home.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:46:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I became a big fan of vortex when the new razors came out. Now I have been picking up some of their more affordable optics as well.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:48:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yup. I wish I had something to put a scope on. I'll probably be in for a pair of spotting scopes and a set of binos when I get home.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just ordered one of their spotting scopes for an upcoming elk hunt. The StrikeEagle is going on my AR10 light weight elk gun build, should be just under 9lbs if my math is correct
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:15:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I became a big fan of vortex when the new razors came out. Now I have been picking up some of their more affordable optics as well.
View Quote

i never gave them much thought until i bought my gen 2. now i want to sell off all my leupolds and replace with vortex
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:21:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Vortex is OUTSTANDING.

I have been using their red dots for years, one of very few companies without that blue/green tint on their 30mm tubes.  Clarity is amazing, very reliable.  Battery life has been stellar, I'm on 4 years of heavy usage without replacement in all of my Strikefires.

Their warranty and service is top notch as well.  They actually respond to inquiries and answer phones.  I bashed one optic, they apologized as if it was their fault for not engineering it better(believe me, it was my screw-up).  From the time I sent mine to the time I received a NEW replacement was less than 7 days.  I even had one of the original Strikefires, it had the power switch mode: Red Green Off.  The newer ones all have Red/Green/Red/Green(hold for off).  I mentioned I liked the newer style better as there is less risk of accidental powering off.  They replaced that optic too.

I can't say enough good things about them.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:36:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I like them better than Eotech.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:39:26 AM EDT
[#9]
I have one of their 3x magnifiers behind my Aimpoint Pro! Love it!
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:43:00 AM EDT
[#10]
I just picked up a Sparc II. Like it so far. It's not really more affordable because it's so fun to shoot I'm making up the difference from higher end optics by going through more ammo
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:52:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Which red dot Vortex would you guys recommend? I am looking at getting one for a rifle
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:03:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Vortex is a G2G company, solid
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:12:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Watch my buddy Peter Palma try to kill this Vortex Sparc II.

Recoil Web
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:13:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Yep, super stand up company. Sent a bunch of optics to our local precision rifle club for folks to test drive and then offered sick discounts for anyone wanting to make a purchase.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:14:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Watch my buddy Peter Palma try to kill this Vortex Sparc II.

Recoil Web
View Quote

Lol, I wanna put one on a barrett
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:17:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Vortex makes good shit.

I'm split contently between vortex and Leupold. I can't always afford Leupold though.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:26:02 AM EDT
[#17]
I love the Vortex warranty. My GF dropped my rifle with a 4-16 hst mounted and smashed in the top turret and it completely locked up. I sent it off to Vortex and they fixed it and shipped it right back in less than a week. I always think of Vortex when looking for new optics and recommend them to all my shooting buddies.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:27:45 AM EDT
[#18]
I own 2 vortex red dots and plan on getting some more vortex optics. Price point from what I’ve seen is amazing for the quality. The warranty is good to. I won’t replace my Nikon or Leupold, but I will be getting more vortex for sure.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:28:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Hmm.... I just put a strikefire II on the Tavor just cause it was on sale at Gander and I had a discount card that made it really really inexpensive which was good since I was basically broke from buying the Tavor..... and needed a inexpensive optic till I could replenish the discretionary fund and buy something better but now it looks like I may leave it on there....
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:29:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My newset rifle is waiting on my Strike Eagle to show up from backorder purgatory, I havent even shot it yet.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:37:19 AM EDT
[#21]
I bought a Vortex on the EE last year, it's one of the best optics I have ever owned.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:46:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Good job, Vortex!

LOVE my Razor HD. Previously owned a few other Vortex products and I've never had a single problem.  Always had excellent communication and customer service.

Oh and thank you for the letters put in with my orders!
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:03:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

wanting to get a StrikeEagle also
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:08:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Best possible optics for the money. I'll be buying more Vipers in the future, and their $200+ scopes blow away everything in the same price range. I'll always recommend them to anyone on a budget.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:08:32 AM EDT
[#25]
My 1x4 PST and 2.5x10x32 PST have been flawless and couldn't be happier with them
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:10:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Viper PST on my 338Lapua

Love it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:13:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Another fan... Once you get one, it will not be your last!
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:14:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Love my two Sparc 1's. Excellent CS
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:17:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Best possible optics for the money. I'll be buying more Vipers in the future, and their $200+ scopes blow away everything in the same price range. I'll always recommend them to anyone on a budget.
View Quote

Well while I absolutely love my vortex scopes .... I will have to say the PA 4-14x44 FFP line of scopes is pretty incredible for the money .... especially the HUD ACSS version

So I wouldn't say that their $200+ scopes blow everything away but most yes
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:20:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Nothing but love here. They donated a Viper PST as a raffle prize at Boomershoot, and I won it. It replaced a very bright 15 year old Burris black diamond. I like it so much I bought another one for a different rifle.

I'm considering a pair of vortex bino's. Anybody got a recommendation on which model? Something for deer/elk/varmint hunting, say 8-ish power and 40-ish mm objectives. I haven't pored through their catalog yet.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:26:36 AM EDT
[#31]
I bought a Strikefire to put on a 22 and found it to be such good quality I bought another and put it on an AR. I would say its on par with an Aimpoint for less than half the price, even less if you count the mount and magnifier which is included.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:30:02 AM EDT
[#32]
This thread needs more pics...

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:18:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Awesome! I'm glad we could help out!    

I'll be sure to pass along your post, I know it will make the people here glad to know that we were able to bring some happiness to the troops.

Thanks for your service!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I happened to be at Fob Fenty, AFG and the USO was raffling off a huge fucking pile of loot from Vortex Optics. I didn't participate, but you guys made a bunch of troops real fucking happy. Nice to see companies still doing outreach for the guys still stuck out here.
Awesome! I'm glad we could help out!    

I'll be sure to pass along your post, I know it will make the people here glad to know that we were able to bring some happiness to the troops.

Thanks for your service!

For sure, gave me some Sconnie Pride. I'm not military anymore though, this is a civilian rotation for me. Self-service instead of selfless service.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:27:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Which red dot Vortex would you guys recommend? I am looking at getting one for a rifle
View Quote

SPARC II.

That was a pretty easy question actually.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:29:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

SPARC II.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SPARC II.

I'll second that.  I handled one at the store, quality appeared to be excellent, nice heft to it.  Good glass, nice sharp dot.  The fact that it's produced by a stand-up company would seal the deal for me.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:30:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

They and Leupold are light years ahead of the competition in budget glass.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:31:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Love my Vortex Viper.

I also own a Vortex monocular (x10) that I just took to Wyoming/Teton National Park/Yellowstone.

It was great to have, crystal clear glass, and IMO, vastly more handy then binoculars.

Great company with fantastic CS and products.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:43:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Vortex is OUTSTANDING.

I have been using their red dots for years, one of very few companies without that blue/green tint on their 30mm tubes.  Clarity is amazing, very reliable.  Battery life has been stellar, I'm on 4 years of heavy usage without replacement in all of my Strikefires.

Their warranty and service is top notch as well.  They actually respond to inquiries and answer phones.  I bashed one optic, they apologized as if it was their fault for not engineering it better(believe me, it was my screw-up).  From the time I sent mine to the time I received a NEW replacement was less than 7 days.  I even had one of the original Strikefires, it had the power switch mode: Red Green Off.  The newer ones all have Red/Green/Red/Green(hold for off).  I mentioned I liked the newer style better as there is less risk of accidental powering off.  They replaced that optic too.

I can't say enough good things about them.
View Quote

Wow. Thinking about getting a dot of some kind for my turkey gun and initially was just going to go Aimpoint or Eotech but may give Vortex a look. This isn't the first complimentary thread/post I've read about them and I can't remember ever hearing any negatives. Something like the SPARC seems like it would be perfect for my needs.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:46:04 AM EDT
[#40]
I've owned a SPARC. I own a HP Diamondback 3-12, and a Diamondback 3-9, both sitting on 10/22s. Good stuff.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:47:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Love their stuff. Fantastic product, even better customer service.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:42:20 PM EDT
[#42]
I don't own my StrikeFire anymore (sold it to fund another purchase), but I have nothing but good things to say about Vortex. I split the O-ring on the battery compartment cap when I first got it and Vortex sent me a new one immediately at no charge. No big deal, but it meant a lot that they didn't want to play 20 questions or wait weeks to send it out.

I'll be in the market for a quality scope soon and Vortex will be the first place I look.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:44:23 PM EDT
[#43]
ive been trying to push vortex on everyone i know . mostly leupold fanboys. they cant get away from the "if it aint made in america i dont want it" line

even though most of their leupold parts are made overseas
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:47:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/oitJ1fYh.jpg
View Quote

indeed

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:54:52 PM EDT
[#45]
I really want a 2.5-10x32, but I don't have anything that it would fit on. Something like a precision 14.5 would be great.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:55:39 PM EDT
[#46]
I have a bunch of vortex shit. It's one of my favorite optics company's. Best part is the stand by there stuff 100%
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:59:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/oitJ1fYh.jpg
View Quote

I'd love to be able to afford one of those but I'm more on a PST budget
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:05:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Currently shopping for a Razor HD Gen II 3-18!
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:13:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Man, I wish they were doing that when I was at Fenty!

It's strange but I find myself missing that place.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:16:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
ive been trying to push vortex on everyone i know . mostly leupold fanboys. they cant get away from the "if it aint made in america i dont want it" line

even though most of their leupold parts are made overseas
View Quote

I'm stuck there. Mark 4's for all the things. But if I swap one I gotta swap everything. I'm weird like that.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top