Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:09:49 AM EDT
[#1]
There are some very good suggestions here. Do all of them. Turn her into a catatonic mess.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:13:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My experience with Seminary People is that they are mostly raging liberal and to a person they all though "guns are evil"...

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote

There are plenty that are not “raging liberals” that I know. Heck majority of the ones I know are conservative and think guns are not evil... But YMMV, which I guess it does .
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:14:50 AM EDT
[#3]
hope god is not watching over her
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:14:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I think she forgot about her husbands 22 rifle in my safe.  I am trying to be Mr nice guy but I.m really in the mood to go full burn em to the ground.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since you store their firearms safely for them OP, you should have said, "You first."

I think she forgot about her husbands 22 rifle in my safe.  I am trying to be Mr nice guy but I.m really in the mood to go full burn em to the ground.

Go scorched earth, church publication and ask her if she's going to start with her husband, and remind her that you're going to drop it off at her place, because you're wanting to get rid of all your evil guns so she won't try to kill you.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:17:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Odd, I don't have any frame of reference....I don't have any anti gun friends.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I wonder what she would do if I set my .45 in front her and asked her if she wanted to start the party
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Come get some.
They like to talk shit but none seem to have the balls to get their hands dirty and try.  

I wonder what she would do if I set my .45 in front her and asked her if she wanted to start the party

You'd be labeled another nut gun owner and it would take exactly one second hand account for the incident to morph into you 'pulled a gun on a pastor's wife and threatened to shoot her.'

Dibs on your guns before the doughnut squad show up with a warrant to raid your safe to 'get more guns off the street.'
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:54:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a very dear friend who is married to a nut case like that.  We go way back and our friendship thrives despite our slightly different world view on certain issues.  His wife?  She's a scorched earth liberal.  

So one day I'm over at his house returning a piece of farm equipment I had to borrow and we're just sitting around catching up on life and stuff.  His wife injects herself into the conversation and starts raving about some media-induced frenzy over the whole 2nd Amendment.  I mean she teed off on it like Tiger Woods' ex on a Cadillac.  It was kind of funny, really.  So after she went through the whole phallic symbol/potential murderer/right wing lunatic/racist/ignorant hillbilly rant that is so typical of the breed my friend looked at me and in his best mental health professional voice said "So, how did that make YOU feel."  I sniffled and replied "Like I need to go shoot something."  So he grabbed his pistol and we went out and blasted some cans for a while.  His wife just sulked in the house with her ten cats.  She later apologized and I reminded her of the danger of assuming that everyone in the world is either just like you are or they are entirely wrong.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:14:19 AM EDT
[#8]
OR, you might point out just how unjust and crazy the statement she made was.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:35:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Here's a real kicker her husband is a Quaker pastor.  So much for being peace loving
View Quote

Well that's the problem.

The quakers I have known were all hippie dippie, hairy armpitted, moonbats...
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:32:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Well that's the problem.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's a real kicker her husband is a Quaker pastor.  So much for being peace loving

Well that's the problem.

I have met a few of those but they don't go to my meeting. We are just good ole country folks. And out of the 60 or so that are there on any Sunday at least 8-10 of us are armed
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:36:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Honestly, it sounds like hyperbole. I wouldn't read too much into it, other than acknowledging that she's not a fan of private gun ownership. It's not outright advocacy, it's just a chick venting on Facebook or wherever.

People do it here on arfcom all the time. Example: I wish I could PIT left lane campers into the center divider.

(Note: I don't really wish to do this. Much. Except for yesterday. For the most part. Depending. )
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:39:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd report her terroristic threat.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:47:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Time to eject from the friendship.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
as a kill all gun owners lib.
This is her thoughts on the Doyle shooting.

"This is why we need gun control. Anyone with a gun should be shot with it. I hope
they fry this creep in front of his kids."

This woman is a pastor's wife! She is a full on nut job.

...probably would consider ejecting from the church, too.  If the pastor tolerates such vile thoughts in his wife, how good is his actual Biblical knowledge and adherence?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:48:53 PM EDT
[#14]
If you're not actively trolling her and posting it here, this thread fucking sucks.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:50:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Thats mighty Christian of her.

She would be PNG after that remark.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:53:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I have heard lots of anger, threats, violent thoughts, judgment, and wishes to control others from liberals.

I don't hear those things from conservatives I know or meet.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:54:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

...probably would consider ejecting from the church, too.  If the pastor tolerates such vile thoughts in his wife, how good is his actual Biblical knowledge and adherence?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"This is why we need gun control. Anyone with a gun should be shot with it. I hope

They are now at another church  
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#18]
It sounds like you want to keep them as friends, which I see as understandable.  I always turn it around on them.  When you argue with an anti-gunner you are basically accepting their argument and are on the defensive.  I simply refuse to take the defensive and go on offense.  

Once when my boy was around kindergarten age my wife left me to make arrangements for a play date with one of his school friends.  The mom called me and we chatted for a while making the arrangements then she just straight up asked me if we had guns in the house.  So I said yes, explained that they are all in a safe, blah, blah, blah.  She wasn't having it and started lecturing me about how I would be putting her kid in danger if he came over to play.  She then informed me (in her most condescending liberal way) that it would be ok for my son to go over to her house.  So I flipped things around on her and asked her if they had any guns in their house.

Me: Do you have guns in your house?  Even for protection?

Her: No.

Me: So if something happens over there you have no way to protect my boy?  You know he can't be replaced right?  I can make more children, but I can't get him back.  He's my pride and joy, blah, blah, blah.  (I laid it on thick)

Her: Silence.

Me: You still there?

Her: Yeah, maybe we'll have to do this some other time.

Me: Sure thing.  Have a good day.

Haven't seen them since, don't miss them.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:54:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

There are plenty that are not “raging liberals” that I know. Heck majority of the ones I know are conservative and think guns are not evil... But YMMV, which I guess it does .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My experience with Seminary People is that they are mostly raging liberal and to a person they all though "guns are evil"...

BIGGER_HAMMER

My sister got a MA in theology from CTU in Chicago. Went to the graduation ceremony. There was a lot of talk
about "diversity" and "social justice", and Rev Michael Pflager was the key note. Maybe in other parts of the country
things have not gone so badly.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:00:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

My sister got a MA in theology from CTU in Chicago. Went to the graduation ceremony. There was a lot of talk
about "diversity" and "social justice", and Rev Michael Pflager was the key note. Maybe in other parts of the country
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BIGGER_HAMMER

It's always a toss up between him, sharpton, and Jesse Jackson Jr. to determine who's the biggest piece of shit of the week.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:05:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So she advocates execution for those who own guns...even more reason to own a gun. That bitch is violent, and unstable. She should be reported to the authorities.
View Quote

Lol you guys are such pussies....this internet is serious business huh?

People type all kinds of emotional, stupid shit onto the internet that has no basis in reality.  Do you honestly think she is 100% serious and should be reported immediately to the authorities?  

She should be publicly and then privately shamed....no more, no less.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:09:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I have met a few of those but they don't go to my meeting. We are just good ole country folks. And out of the 60 or so that are there on any Sunday at least 8-10 of us are armed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that's the problem.

Well, you guys sound alright then.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:11:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

You know she’s talking about you right?  I don’t associate with nut jobs like this...at least not on purpose.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:13:38 PM EDT
[#24]

I love how they all say we will be the targets in the next revolution. Do they all forget who has all the weapons?

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:16:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

In regard to the statement quoted in the OP:

People run their mouths all the time, without thinking. These are emotional responses. I hear such things often, on both sides of the gun issue (and on other issues as well).

Paradoxically, someone who says "kill all gun owners" is the type that would easily reconsider, upon further reflection. How does he propose to "kill all gun owners"? With guns, of course. There's the contradiction. Such a person is not opposed to guns, after all. He's just opposed to a certain category of people, that he considers his enemies. Same for certain people on the right, that want to get rid of all "libtards."

These things need to be talked through. Reason needs to prevail. I fear, though, that this is just a symptom of the increasing polarization in this country.

View Quote
BULLSHIT!

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top