Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/27/2015 7:15:30 PM EDT

I was watching the movie Get Hard with Will Ferrell, Kevin Hart and Alison Brie.  No spoilers here but Will committed a white collar crime
and must do 10 years hard time.    "They be Fuckin" in prison is what Will is most afraid of.

Rape and sodamy are as much against the law as stabbing, heroine possession or murder.  So why is it perfectly acceptable(not a punishable crime) inside jail?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:16:10 PM EDT
[#1]
It's not
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:16:43 PM EDT
[#2]
it is a crime, same as the outside. pro tip: movies are not real life, you shouldn't get your information from them.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:16:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm pretty sure it is.  I'm also pretty sure the social punishment for saying shit about it happening makes reporting it rather unpleasant.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:17:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I was watching the movie Get Hard with Will Ferrell, Kevin Hart and Alison Brie.  No spoilers here but Will committed a white collar crime
and must do 10 years hard time.    "They be Fuckin" in prison is what Will is most afraid of.

Rape and sodamy are as much against the law as stabbing, heroine possession or murder.  So why is it perfectly acceptable(not a punishable crime) inside jail?
View Quote

It is a crime, even in prison.

Helpful hint, movies, especially comedies aren't real or documentaries.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:17:47 PM EDT
[#5]
It is considered a crime.  If they catch the raper and the rapee will testify against him.  Which means the rapee will end up shanked in the yard.

Don't turn the rape into a murder by talkin' to the man.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:18:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Not worried. I've got buns of steel.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:19:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Comedy movies are not where you learn about criminology.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:20:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:20:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:21:03 PM EDT
[#10]
It most certainly is a crime.

There is even a federal law...

PREA ( Prison Rape Elimination Act)
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:21:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Read up on PREA laws OP
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:22:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Your bunkie will appreciate the muscle tone.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:22:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Bitch had it comin' wearin' them orange flip flops.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:23:18 PM EDT
[#14]
It is. Most don't want to report it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:24:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Watch your cornhole.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:24:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#17]
I think a lot of the inaction against prison rape stems from how people think "prisoners are bad people and have it coming".
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:29:44 PM EDT
[#19]
It is a crime and they actually take it very serious. When someone is locked up they're a ward of the state, and the state has an obligation to keep them safe from that sort of thing.

The whole American History X/Shawshank thing is pretty rare nowadays from what I hear. I think it usually happens more through extortion/intimidation/coercion/trade.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:30:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Is OP getting ready to go to jail?

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:31:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Where is that system messages saying OP is 'tarded?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#22]
OP is high or never read a book??

Of course rape is a crime. Though 1) like in the real world, most rapes go unreported. 2) not all sex in prison is actually rape.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:33:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Wow
View Quote
Yep.  People are born that way.  Sometimes mental adversities can be overcome with an education but i wont bet on it in this case
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Can one of you wise asses show me an article or link to ONE person that's been brought up on
prison rape charges?????  

A law that isn't enforced isn't really a law.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:35:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:36:10 PM EDT
[#26]
One time I was at my tattoo artists shop waiting to have some work done and he was doing a solid black bar on a guy's lower back.  After he finished up I asked my artist about it.  He said the the idiot was getting ready to serve time at county and wanted  his tramp stamp that read BADASS blacked out before he went in.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:37:36 PM EDT
[#27]
all my cousins have done time... I'm talking McNeil Island/Wall Walla time.

I was told the sodomites are called the Gay Boy Gangsters... I laughed when I heard it, but apparently it's a real name

apparently they don't mess with you really unless you fuck with them.

FWIW
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:40:14 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote
Same reason black on black inner city violence doesn't get headlines where lesser bodycount crimes by "white hispanics" get all kinds of press.

Nobody of importance gives a shit.

This just in, "man bites dog"
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:42:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Same reason black on black inner city violence doesn't get headlines where lesser bodycount crimes by "white hispanics" get all kinds of press.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#30]
It is a crime. However, ask me if I give a flying fuck at a rolling donut. (Spoiler: I don't.)

It pisses me off when liberals whine, "But what about all those poor innocent dudes in prison getting ass raped! How come that isn't included in the annual rape stats!" Sorry, sweetie. When a dude commits a crime & gets shipped off to prison, I consider the fact that he didn't get a bullet to the head his reward. He gets raped? Whatever.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:48:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Can one of you wise asses show me an article or link to ONE person that's been brought up on
prison rape charges?????  

View Quote

http://5newsonline.com/2013/12/16/deputies-investigate-alleged-rape-at-washington-county-jail/
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:48:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Don't do the crime if you don't like the anus pepper
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:51:01 PM EDT
[#33]
You're obtaining your legal knowledge from a comedy?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:51:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Also, tensing up makes it hurt more.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:52:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:53:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Because many here, and in society, think that rape is an appropriate punishment, and men's rights have been devalued or non-existent for decades.

All the time, when a perpetrator is caught or convicted, we have dozens of posts hoping the guy gets some sweet, sweet lovin' from his cell mate, Bubba.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:54:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Also, tensing up makes it hurt more.
View Quote

So do you normally stay still or do you push back?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:55:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It is a crime. However, ask me if I give a flying fuck at a rolling donut. (Spoiler: I don't.)

It pisses me off when liberals whine, "But what about all those poor innocent dudes in prison getting ass raped! How come that isn't included in the annual rape stats!" Sorry, sweetie. When a dude commits a crime & gets shipped off to prison, I consider the fact that he didn't get a bullet to the head his reward. He gets raped? Whatever.
View Quote

Which is all well and good until you get put in prison for making a mistake on a gun transaction or something.  

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:55:17 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
prison rape charges?????  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
prison rape charges?????  

TA-DAAAAA!

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:56:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Cue the booty warrior
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:57:20 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote

Considering that mere possession of a 30rd magazine in certain states can get you prison time, you really should reevaluate that statement.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#44]

Time to watch this.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:58:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
prison rape charges?????  

http://5newsonline.com/2013/12/16/deputies-investigate-alleged-rape-at-washington-county-jail/

not to mention that in Jails (not Prisons) there is not a "Lot" of rape going on.....in Prisons it used to be bad but since the late 80's it has been controlled to a large degree...
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:59:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It most certainly is a crime.

There is even a federal law...

PREA ( Prison Rape Elimination Act)
View Quote

This.

at first I thought this was a troll thread.

Now I'm not so sure
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:00:30 PM EDT
[#47]
because secretly they wanted it
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:01:33 PM EDT
[#48]
In jail, no means no, and yes is not allowed. Even consensual sex is a punishable offense. Will Farrel movies are usually not the best source for accurate legal information.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:01:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
prison rape charges?????  

There was an inmate in our facility that raped another inmate, and was brought up on 2nd degree rape and associated charges I believe.

Went to DOC on his other charge before it went to trial so I don't know how much time he got.

Seriously OP. This shit happens, and it is prosecuted. Anytime there is even an allegation of sexual misconduct in our facility, the police are called to investigate.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:01:55 PM EDT
[#50]

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top