Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 7/27/2015 6:32:47 PM EDT
5 Years ago, you married a woman who looked like this:

Now she looks like this:

All the while, you've stayed in shape. She blames it on genetics and goes batshit every time you mention eating healthier or going to the gym.

You've never had kids together and she stays at home all day.

What is your course of action?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:33:53 PM EDT
[#1]
No.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:35:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Embrace the folds.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:35:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Too many variables, but if she goes crazy about being honest about her weight then yea.... I'm out.

But it's not so much about weight as maturity dealing with health problems.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:36:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Ahhh, the ole' 5 to 7 pounds a year trick Sam Kinneson warned us all about.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:36:14 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife and I have had this conversation. The answer is likely yes.  She's a health nut and it's just a core part of her personality.  If that went away, I'd not want to spend time with her.  More than the looks, it's the change in who she is that would move me.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:37:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Too many variables, but if she goes crazy about being honest about her weight then yea.... I'm out.

But it's not so much about weight as maturity dealing with health problems.
View Quote

Yep. Health problems, I can't tolerate lazy people, and I would no longer have a physical or mental attraction to her. Plus if she can't take care of herself, how would she be able to take care of a child in the future?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:39:05 PM EDT
[#7]
no, but I'd be honest. I'm not attracted to the fat tub of lard you turned in to. change it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:40:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:40:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm pretty sure the vows are supposed to cover that. But that being said I would not be happy about it, no fat chicks. There is normal getting older, then there is just not giving a fuck.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:42:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't know why people get married.

Just buy a house and give it to a fat chick, that's how it's going to end anyhow.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:42:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Nope.

She wouldn't leave me if I let myself go.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:42:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I would go on "work travel" a lot.  (get a gumar)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:46:01 PM EDT
[#13]
No, fuck no. I don't like superficial people, male or female.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:47:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd pay for her lipo or work out plan. If none of that worked, well sorry my dear but I don't want a lard ass. Yuck.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I would go on "work travel" a lot.  (get a gumar)

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:49:43 PM EDT
[#17]
First woman needs a sammich

Wouldn't leave, but i would help here loose some weight
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:50:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

So how fat are you?

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:50:37 PM EDT
[#19]
no!
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:50:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Tough question.

Was it a matter of her really "letting herself go" or were there other variables involved such as having children, effects of medication, and other health issues?

There's a woman in my neighborhood who is terribly obese.  Turns out that she had a very real heart condition that wasn't discovered until recently.  Since it was fixed through surgery, she's been exercising hard on a regular basis.  Still very obese, but once the heart issue was resolved she's been making real effort to get healthier.  Her husband has stayed dutifully and faithfully at her side the entire time.

I've known people who gained weight because of the medications they were on.  Others who gained weight after multiple pregnancies altered their hormones and metabolism.

On the other hand, a person who simply stops trying and decides to become a couch potato would reflect a lack of respect not only for themselves but also for their spouse.  I would hope that I wouldn't leave my sweetheart over that, but I can see how it could negatively impact my attraction to her and negatively impact our relationship in general.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:52:12 PM EDT
[#21]
what does she do all day?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:53:57 PM EDT
[#22]

No.

But I wouldn't be the one leaving anyway. Shits in my name.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:54:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

So how fat are you?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So how fat are you?

I'm a lean, mean, war machine.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:54:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Go where?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:55:12 PM EDT
[#25]
It would depend on a many factors.

If it was obvious that she was addicted to food and becoming obese due to control issues and wanting to help herself, then yes I would because I wouldn't want to be around that kind of negativity in my life.  Food addiction isn't much different than drug addictions and I wouldn't be with a heroin addict.

Putting on a few pounds due to childbirth, too much stress in life, a lot going on etc, probably not but would work more on trying to help her through it and make some small changes.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:55:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

In that case (second pic) sit around eating bon bons and watching soap operas?

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:55:20 PM EDT
[#27]
I wouldn't leave her but I wouldn't want to have sex.  Honestly, it's pretty difficult to get it up when you're not turned on.

Plus the smells....
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:56:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:56:50 PM EDT
[#29]
No.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:57:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Wife and I have a commitment to stay in shape, eat healthy, and be physically active.  She works 60-100hrs./wk and still keeps it together.  I have always looked at it as it is my responsibility to set the tenor of the house(lead by example) so I make sure I am in excellent shape.  Kids are also on board.  Young ones, but good habits start early.

I would leave her if she blew up and didn't get it under control.  Said so from early on.  The weight gain would have a very high probability of being a symptom of an underlying issue; be it psych(most likely) or medical.  There are truly very, very few reasons someone can legitimately blame weight gain on sources out of their control.  The weight gain would simply be an indicator of another issue.  If unresolvable due to reasons within her control, then I would most likely eventually leave.  Who I am at the essence is an active person and I want someone to share my life and lifestyle with.  I like being physically and mentally fit.  I want a wife that feels the same way.  And I have one now.  If that changed, then I may have to make a change.  I simply don't think I could be attracted to a non-fit woman and the fallout from that would probably mean divorce.  I couldn't be the husband and father I should be if I am continuously unhappy.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:59:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Spends a few hours keeping the house in order and cooking for you. Once that is complete, she sprawls out on the couch
and eats a few tubs of icecream while watching reruns of the OC.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:03:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Wow the love runs shallow with a lot  of  yall. what if you went blind?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:04:22 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Spends a few hours keeping the house in order and cooking for you. Once that is complete, she sprawls out on the couch

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

you live in Georgia, that is the norm for your wimmins  

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#34]
No, I have not.

But she has finally acknowledged she has a problem and is making downward progress.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:04:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I covered this already...the smells.  Everyone knows fat chicks reek, especially down there.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:05:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Before we got married, I told my husband that I expected him to maintain his appearance.  If he got fat or all old and wrinkly, his ass was going on the curb.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:05:46 PM EDT
[#37]
No kids sure
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote
Well it would help.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:06:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Before we got married, I told my husband that I expected him to maintain his appearance.  If he got fat or all old and wrinkly, his ass was going on the curb.
View Quote

Let's see how you've held up.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:06:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Shallow Hal
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:08:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whoosh!
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:11:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did you make him botox his balls?

In all seriousness, if someone bases their marriage on physical appearance then their marriage is doomed from day one.  I love my wife no matter what she looks like.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:11:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Your shadow weighs a ton, while driving down the 101. California here we come.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:12:53 PM EDT
[#44]
2nd pic, still hot
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:15:45 PM EDT
[#45]
She hits the gym and gets back in her dating trim.  You tell her you're proud of her and that she looks great. She responds with 'I know' and hands you divorce papers and moves in with her twenty five year old trainer from the gym.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:17:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Superficial?  

From the way I read the OP, it sounds like the scenario is a man and a woman, who are both in shape/active, get married and the woman says "well I don't need to stay active anymore since I reeled my man in, time to kick up my feet and live like a slob."  For many men, myself included, having an active lifestyle is a big part of life, and would only want to be with someone who shared that active lifestyle.  On top of that, it sounds like there is some anger issues going on, as she gets mad every time he even brings up her lack of activity since they got married.

So it is a deeper issue than just her gaining weight.  It is her completely changing.  At least that is how I read it.

Let me ask you a question.  Would it be superficial if you were dating a woman who took her health very seriously...and then after you got married her teeth became yellow.....................................................

........do to her taking up smoking.  Sometimes it isn't the symptom (such as gaining wait, or in my example, getting yellow teeth) it is realizing that the woman you feel in love with isn't the same woman that you are married to, and it took her feeling like she locked you down to let her real self show.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:17:24 PM EDT
[#47]
No, I would not leave my wife if she got fat.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote

How did he take it?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:21:30 PM EDT
[#49]
We're you watching Maury too?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:21:44 PM EDT
[#50]
No, mine has gained 20lbs per kid  and hasn't lost it while I am fit. For better or worse
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top