BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:23:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They're not bad. I just had one done without being numbed first and it was painless. I went back to work when I left the dentist and didn't even think about it all day.
View Quote

They drilled out the root and you had no pain.
What are you Superman?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
ETA: my endodontist told me that every tooth is different. He said it's very rare, but it does happen from time to time that they cannot adequately numb the tooth. He said those very few people who have had bad experiences have done a remarkable job of spreading the word about their bad experiences. The overwhelming majority of his patients express surprise at how painless it was.
View Quote

I've never had a root canal, but I did have a chipped tooth they were unable to numb when getting repaired. Those tools did NOT feel good at all....
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:37:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Your experience will vary, it does depend on (1) tooth vitality (is the tooth dead or alive), (2) the level of inflammation and (3) the anatomical variations of the canal(s) and remaining tooth structure.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:39:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm just here for the root canal selfies.....

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:45:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It probably has a fracture.  Or possibly untreated extra canals in weird places that can't be seen.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mine's been redone 3x. Still hurts ccassionally. Crown came off twice this year.

I've had 3 different dentists from separate offices look at it, they all say it's textbook perfect.

For all the pain, money, lost time. I would have been better off having it pulled and an implant put in.

It probably has a fracture.  Or possibly untreated extra canals in weird places that can't be seen.

You'd think, right. Two different dentist at my office have checked it, worked on it. Another dentist in a completely different city looked at it, says it's perfect. Got referred to an oral surgeon for another tooth, he did that circular x-ray thing, looked at my whole mouth, l had him check the tooth, he says it's good too.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:48:15 PM EDT
[#6]
A little time consuming, not pleasent to think about, painless for the most part, no real issues here.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:50:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I would hate to see that bill.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've had a few. No big deal.

Total reconstruction with 28 crowns? That was a big deal

I would hate to see that bill.

Paying for it all was the most painful part
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:30:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Get extra numbing, and take Advil as soon as you get home.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:35:44 PM EDT
[#9]
True story: My cat had a root canal once.  For a while, that cat's tooth was the most expensive thing I owned.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:38:27 PM EDT
[#10]
It's no big deal. This is the 21st century.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:40:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Get extra numbing, and take Advil VICODIN as soon as you get home.
View Quote

FIFY  
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:46:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Root canals are not the horrible, excruciating, experiences they once were.

Medicine has come a long way.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:55:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You'd think, right. Two different dentist at my office have checked it, worked on it. Another dentist in a completely different city looked at it, says it's perfect. Got referred to an oral surgeon for another tooth, he did that circular x-ray thing, looked at my whole mouth, l had him check the tooth, he says it's good too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine's been redone 3x. Still hurts ccassionally. Crown came off twice this year.

I've had 3 different dentists from separate offices look at it, they all say it's textbook perfect.

For all the pain, money, lost time. I would have been better off having it pulled and an implant put in.

You're probably grinding your teeth at night.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top