BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 44
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:13:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not making an opinion on the topic at hand just yet, there is more evidence to reveal... But be careful hitching your wagon.
View Quote

Then get on with it and tell us.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:26:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

How any riots start because a citizen uses deadly force and is not immediately arrested?  How many have started before a Grand Jury meets or the prosecutor direct files?   How many riots before Zimmerman was directly charged and after he was found not guilty at trial?   The special interest groups, race baiters and legal pimps would like to see every officer charged when using deadly force, looks like parts of our country are moving that way, and some wonder why the cops here mention smile and wave.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you think the "justice" system you work for is shit?  I would agree.

It's not a justice system.

.......it's a legal system

That is what I am getting at.  Leos love the system when is is screwing a non leo or exonerating criminal leo conduct.  We are told if we don't like the system to change the laws.  Now theres butthurt that the same system is being used against a leo.

How any riots start because a citizen uses deadly force and is not immediately arrested?  How many have started before a Grand Jury meets or the prosecutor direct files?   How many riots before Zimmerman was directly charged and after he was found not guilty at trial?   The special interest groups, race baiters and legal pimps would like to see every officer charged when using deadly force, looks like parts of our country are moving that way, and some wonder why the cops here mention smile and wave.  

EH...Seems to me cops are bringing it down on their own heads....police yourselves up and shit can the shitty cops straighten up the mediocre  cops, follow the Constitution and  that oath.. as for the smile and wave shit..if thats your answer you are part of the problem... either stand up and do the job right or lay the badge down and do something else for a living...or keep denying it and sooner or later the feds will step in...then it will be beyond fixing...for those who are good cops..stay safe, prayers out to you....
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:29:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not making an opinion on the topic at hand just yet, there is more evidence to reveal... But be careful hitching your wagon.

My guess is that the original video is better than what is on youtube.  More importantly, there were credible eye witnesses.  Based on the charges, I assume that they didn't back his story.  If not, nothing will save him from prison.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

EH...Seems to me cops are bringing it down on their own heads....police yourselves up and shit can the shitty cops straighten up the mediocre  cops, follow the Constitution and  that oath.. as for the smile and wave shit..if thats your answer you are part of the problem... either stand up and do the job right or lay the badge down and do something else for a living...or keep denying it and sooner or later the feds will step in...then it will be beyond fixing...for those who are good cops..stay safe, prayers out to you....
View Quote

Doing the right thing will still get you screwed.

Aka, Darren Wilson.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:38:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Aka, Darren Wilson.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aka, Darren Wilson.

How many citizens stood behind officer wilson? didn't they do a fund raiser for him? is he a free man with his whole life in front of him? the more cops do the right thing the more law abiding citizens will stand behind them... but the defend anything, make excuse stuff has to go..even if its only 1% bad..they need to stop wearing a badge.. the indifferent ones need a talking to and they all need to follow the really good cops lead....
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:43:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

How many citizens stood behind officer wilson? didn't they do a fund raiser for him? is he a free man with his whole life in front of him? the more cops do the right thing the more law abiding citizens will stand behind them... but the defend anything, make excuse stuff has to go..even if its only 1% bad..they need to stop wearing a badge.. the indifferent ones need a talking to and they all need to follow the really good cops lead....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aka, Darren Wilson.

He stood up and did the job right, and he still put the badge down.

Smile and wave.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:47:09 PM EDT
[#7]
this might be a silly question, but why not just move quickly away from the car as it started to move (which he apparently did because he fell backwards) without drawing and shooting?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:55:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

My guess is that the original video is better than what is on youtube.  More importantly, there were credible eye witnesses.  Based on the charges, I assume that they didn't back his story.  If not, nothing will save him from prison.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, unless there is revelation from Jesus Christ himself, nothing will save this officer from prison.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:35:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
this might be a silly question, but why not just move quickly away from the car as it started to move (which he apparently did because he fell backwards) without drawing and shooting?
View Quote

Are you serious?  His head would have been run over.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:41:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

.......it's a legal system

That is what I am getting at.  Leos love the system when is is screwing a non leo or exonerating criminal leo conduct.  We are told if we don't like the system to change the laws.  Now theres butthurt that the same system is being used against a leo.

Lol!

Define "good cop"?

I got news for you, kid, in this profession, you are only one bad traffic stop away from going from hero to zero.  I've worked too hard to get where I am personally and professionally to lose it all over some worthless asshole with 13 kids, no job, and SIXTY FUCKING ARRESTS!  The people have spoken, and we are listening... Smile and wave, smile and wave.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:56:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The part where few if any of the people affected by prophylactic gun-pointing can secure criminal prosecution or civil remedies for the agg assault. I have never seen any law that authorizes cops to point guns at people in the absence of reasonable articulable suspicion that the target poses a threat of conduct which would justify DF. It's just something that cops do with impunity.

It would be a combination rodeo and hootenanny if somebody at whom a cop pointed a gun "just to be safe" shot the cop. I mean, if somebody points a gun at you shooting him is a reasonable response. You get in trouble if he had a legal privilege to point the gun. As I said, I don't know that any such privilege extends beyond situations where the cop has RAS that you are a threat which may jutify DF.

In drug warrant executions, guns are generally pointed at everyone in the premises, regardless of who they are and regardless of whether there is information about weapons on premises. I believe this practice to be unlawful and actionable - and prosecutable.
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:07:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Wow, with the proliferation of smart phones these guys must be terrified.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Smartphone, IIRC.

Wow, with the proliferation of smart phones these guys must be terrified.  

yeah, at the time they knew it was a phone.

You're on a troll roll in this thread.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:26:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yep, unless there is revelation from Jesus Christ himself, nothing will save this officer from prison.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Watch the cops here that are defending him.  When the cops that saw it testify the he's lying, we'll finally find out what happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:29:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I've asked a question at least 2 times in this thread and no one has touched it. How does a perp "accelerate" while your left hand is grabbing his seat belt... And you are still  somehow positioned at the front side of the driver's door with your chest aimed toward the rear of the car and your right arm/shot comes in nearly perpendicular to the long-side of the car?  Look at every picture in this thread (pro or anti shoot) and the chest/arm positioning is undeniable.

Science experiment.... Go out in the road, and stick your left arm through the window of a car and grab the seatbelt around the driver.  Have your wife or buddy accelerate at any significant rate. Tell me where your body is at 1 or 2 seconds later. Furthermore, act as though you have a gun holstered on your RIGHT side. Try re-enacting the draw. IF you can get your shooting angle such that you have a shot on the driver, look at the angle. Compare that to the video.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've asked a question at least 2 times in this thread and no one has touched it. How does a perp "accelerate" while your left hand is grabbing his seat belt... And you are still  somehow positioned at the front side of the driver's door with your chest aimed toward the rear of the car and your right arm/shot comes in nearly perpendicular to the long-side of the car?  Look at every picture in this thread (pro or anti shoot) and the chest/arm positioning is undeniable.

Science experiment.... Go out in the road, and stick your left arm through the window of a car and grab the seatbelt around the driver.  Have your wife or buddy accelerate at any significant rate. Tell me where your body is at 1 or 2 seconds later. Furthermore, act as though you have a gun holstered on your RIGHT side. Try re-enacting the draw. IF you can get your shooting angle such that you have a shot on the driver, look at the angle. Compare that to the video.
View Quote

Science?  GTFO!  
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:35:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The part where few if any of the people affected by prophylactic gun-pointing can secure criminal prosecution or civil remedies for the agg assault. I have never seen any law that authorizes cops to point guns at people in the absence of reasonable articulable suspicion that the target poses a threat of conduct which would justify DF. It's just something that cops do with impunity.

It would be a combination rodeo and hootenanny if somebody at whom a cop pointed a gun "just to be safe" shot the cop. I mean, if somebody points a gun at you shooting him is a reasonable response. You get in trouble if he had a legal privilege to point the gun. As I said, I don't know that any such privilege extends beyond situations where the cop has RAS that you are a threat which may jutify DF.

In drug warrant executions, guns are generally pointed at everyone in the premises, regardless of who they are and regardless of whether there is information about weapons on premises. I believe this practice to be unlawful and actionable - and prosecutable.

LOL

Thing is.......sadly it's not really funny........its fucking retarded
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:39:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Aka, Darren Wilson.
View Quote

Or anyone who shoots a minority trying to jack them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:39:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aka, Darren Wilson.

No argument.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:00:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

No argument.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aka, Darren Wilson.

No argument.

Just pointing out how stupid the "guess we should just simle and wave" hurt feels bullshit is.

It's the risk you take putting on the cleats. The full contact social discourse game is changing.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:01:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I've worked too hard to get where I am personally and professionally to lose it all over some worthless asshole with 13 kids, no job, and SIXTY FUCKING ARRESTS!  The people have spoken, and we are listening... Smile and wave, smile and wave.

View Quote

Welcome to the world we've been living in since Zimmerman.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:05:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Just pointing out how stupid the "guess we should just simle and wave" hurt feels bullshit is.

It's the risk you take putting on the cleats. The full contact social discourse game is changing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aka, Darren Wilson.

No argument.

Guess it's a risk you take for driving too, right?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:21:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aka, Darren Wilson.

No argument.

Well played.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:24:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

how long before every shitbag gets word that driving away is an easy way to evade arrest?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:38:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aka, Darren Wilson.

Make sure you're polite to the guy who robs you.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:40:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:46:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aka, Darren Wilson.

No argument.

Nope. The whole "smile and wave" deal is the way many city govs/admins want the job done. It has been trending that way for a while now.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:49:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Why does the argument immediately go to an absurd level?

I just went to youtube and searched "Runs from police" and it came back with "about 220,000 hits". I suspect at least 50,000 of those are people who are pulled over by the police and then haul ass much like this case and the officer goes back to his car and begins a pursuit. I am willing to bet that there is ZERO of them where the people later were pissed off at the police because a motivated dirtbag was able to extend a chase by a few miles before getting taken down by superior tactics of the police.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

how long before every shitbag gets word that driving away is an easy way to evade arrest?

I just went to youtube and searched "Runs from police" and it came back with "about 220,000 hits". I suspect at least 50,000 of those are people who are pulled over by the police and then haul ass much like this case and the officer goes back to his car and begins a pursuit. I am willing to bet that there is ZERO of them where the people later were pissed off at the police because a motivated dirtbag was able to extend a chase by a few miles before getting taken down by superior tactics of the police.

how many times have innocent people been caught up in shitbag's dash for freedom?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:54:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not even worth starting a pursuit, especially over a traffic offense/possible DUI.  

You pursue, who knows what'll happen. He could drive up into a yard and run over/kill some kids. You'll get blamed for that.  

Spike strips? Nope. Suspect might wreck out and hit another car, injuring a citizen, for which you'll get blamed.

As the prosecutor said, "just let him go". I'd give him a cordial "and drive safely now" as he pulled away, so I don't get complained on for courtesy.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:59:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Nope. The whole "smile and wave" deal is the way many city govs/admins want the job done. It has been trending that way for a while now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aka, Darren Wilson.

No argument.

Sounds like its time for those admins to downsize the force and keep the good ones who want to do the job...take some of that extra funding and pay those willing to stay and do it right better, provide better training/equipment for them, and still cut the budget by a bit..sounds like a win/win to me....
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:01:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Sounds like its time for those admins to downsize the force and keep the good ones who want to do the job...take some of that extra funding and pay those willing to stay and do it right better, provide better training/equipment for them, and still cut the budget by a bit..sounds like a win/win to me....
View Quote

Those some ones that want to do the job are the ones that are pro active and stopping people for "victimless crimes".

Why do you hate 'merica?

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:08:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Those some ones that want to do the job are the ones that are pro active and stopping people for "victimless crimes".

Why do you hate 'merica?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do you hate 'merica?

Sorry, if they  can't do the job within the confines of our Constitution then  they arnt good cops... argue all you want, but that is what has gotten us where we are today...
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:09:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Sorry, if they  can't do the job within the confines of our Constitution then  they arnt good cops... argue all you want, but that is what has gotten us where we are today...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do you hate 'merica?

We aren't talking about the guys that refuse to do ANYTHING.

We are talking about the guys that will respond to calls, but not be pro active.

Ya know... pro active = rights violator. (Or so I have been told)
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:11:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

We are talking about the guys that will respond to calls, but not be pro active.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do you hate 'merica?

Ahh.. sorry I thought they were talking about all officers

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:12:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't think any of us have stated to not respond to calls.

Smile and wave just means you put the blinders on.

Especially to smaller crimes.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:15:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly, I don't have an issue with it..personally, I want cops to go get the bangers/rapiest/killers/violents.. the rest.. who cares...
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:16:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Honestly, I don't have an issue with it..personally, I want cops to go get the bangers/rapiest/killers/violents.. the rest.. who cares...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thing is... smaller shit leads to bigger shit.

It always has for me.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:50:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It always has for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It always has for me.

Nice of you to come right out and admit this.

Our Founders knew power corrupts.  It's human nature.

You're a step above Obama because you've come right out and admitted you're not the exception.

So.... how big are your abuses of power these days ?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:55:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You're a step above Obama because you've come right out and admitted you're not the exception.

View Quote

I just smile and wave these days.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:08:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now, if we could only get Obama to do the same...
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:15:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, your answer to his question is based on YouTube hits and your feelings?!
I expected more from a Texan.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:20:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

how many times have innocent people been caught up in shitbag's dash for freedom?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

enough times that as a watch commander I will call my guys off before someone gets killed
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:22:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It always has for me.

You're not very bright
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:25:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It always has for me.

...........speechless
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:26:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It always has for me.
View Quote

Every fourth person I pull over for small shit has heroin, meth, or warrants. Every once in a while I get a lexus or mercedes with powder cocaine.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:28:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It always has for me.

Wait, you're saying a legal and legitimate RS for a stop, that leads to PC upon further investigation, is Unconstitutional?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:33:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Every fourth person I pull over for small shit has heroin, meth, or warrants. Every once in a while I get a lexus or mercedes with powder cocaine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It always has for me.

Clearly the war on drugs is almost won.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:38:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It always has for me.

I hope not. Job security.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:25:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Bad guys drive.

Bad guys drive bad cars.

Bad guys drive bad cars badly.

Want to make felony arrests... do traffic stops.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:06:25 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It always has for me.

And the war on murder? Robbery? Burglary? Theft? Rape? Forgery? Kidnapping?

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:06:57 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It always has for me.

Weird double tap

Page / 44
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top