Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 44
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:02:35 PM EDT
[#1]
RE: Update on Shooting: Officer Tensing Dismissed

Once again, I want to extend our thoughts, prayers and condolences to the family and loved ones of Samuel Dubose. I was able to talk to his mother and other family members today to express our deep sorrow in person.

As a result of the Hamilton County grand jury action to indict Officer Raymond Tensing, UC Police Chief Jason Goodrich has decided to immediately dismiss Officer Tensing, and I support that decision.

Beyond the criminal investigation, the University is reviewing what has occurred and will take necessary steps to address any training, staffing and hiring policy issues that may be indicated by this tragic event. Chief Goodrich has already expressed commitment to bringing greater diversity to our police department.

As has occurred over the last several days, the University will continue to work with community partners to strengthen our commitment towards public safety best practices. We will be engaging in an external review to examine our public safety department and procedures and will address any issues that may arise.

I want to thank everyone in our UC community as well as the Cincinnati community and across the nation for their patience and understanding during the past 10 days.  I am pleased that the video from Officer Tensing's body-camera has now been made public by the Hamilton County Prosecutor. We are grateful to the Hamilton County Prosecutor’s Office for completing its investigation quickly.

Hopefully, we can now turn our attention to the frank and open discussions that we need to have and work our hardest to create a more just community, here on our UC campuses and across our nation.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:03:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I wonder if he made any statement besides the mandatory IA statement.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:04:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep, thats him.  He dead.    NSFW< DEAD GUY HERE This is my fist spoiler tag, hope I did it right.

Click To View Spoiler

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know if free users can create spoiler tags; I can't find a way to do it, so I'll link instead so that the thread doesn't become NSFW.

Link goes to pic of (what I'm pretty sure is) the dead aspiring rapper in question:

http://i59.tinypic.com/eg4fo0.jpg
Yep, thats him.  He dead.    NSFW< DEAD GUY HERE This is my fist spoiler tag, hope I did it right.

Click To View Spoiler

yup. he appears to be dead.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:10:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
BAD SHOOT!

Cop doesn't appear to be in any danger to me.
Guy starts to drive off, cop isn't "hung up" on car or in any danger of getting run over. I heard a "stop", and then the bang (or should I say Boom, Headshot)
View Quote

The video doesn't show the officer'left hand well enough to tell whether he's hung up or not, but if you look at where the parked car is in relation to the stopped vehicle prior to the guy taking off and again when the officer stops tumbling, its clear that he was dragged several yards.  I've treated patients who were dragged like that, with significant resulting injuries.  So no, I don't see your conclusions supported by that video.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:14:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:15:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The video doesn't show the officer'left hand well enough to tell whether he's hung up or not, but if you look at where the parked car is in relation to the stopped vehicle prior to the guy taking off and again when the officer stops tumbling, its clear that he was dragged several yards.  I've treated patients who were dragged like that, with significant resulting injuries.  So no, I don't see your conclusions supported by that video.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
BAD SHOOT!

Guy starts to drive off, cop isn't "hung up" on car or in any danger of getting run over. I heard a "stop", and then the bang (or should I say Boom, Headshot)

it doesn't show it well enough b/c it happened within a fraction of a second.  as soon as the car took off the officer had his gun out and moved in for the shot.  

in my very unprofessional opinion, there was not NEARLY enough time for the cop to consider what was happening.  as soon as he grabbed the car that was taking off his gun came in and the suspect was shot, fraction of a second.

had he simply not lunged into the moving vehicle to hold on (what was he expecting to happen with that move anyway?) the suspect would have driven off and there would have been a police chase.  I think that would have been a much better outcome for all parties involved.

I am by NO MEANS glad the officer is getting charged for this, 1st degree murder is ridiculous, the suspect was a scumbag that made poor decisions.  but the officer made a poor decision s well in this case.

again, just my opinion...
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:16:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

He struggled with the operator with his arm in the window for about 3 seconds (roughly) before the shot was fired.

I think there is plenty of reasonable fear here.

Cop walks with this charge but possibly could be convicted of manslaughter based upon the current climate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Despite the poor tactics the officer used I don't see this as 1st degree murder (or whatever Ohio calls it).

At the time the shot was fired was the officer reasonably in fear of Death/SBI from potentially being dragged?

No.

ETA:  He fires as he was putting his arm in the car.   If he was in fear of being dragged, a reasonable person would not have put his arm in the car.

He struggled with the operator with his arm in the window for about 3 seconds (roughly) before the shot was fired.

Cop walks with this charge but possibly could be convicted of manslaughter based upon the current climate.

I tend to agree..

Does anyone have a link to the unedited video?  The video that was shown at the press conference was clearly altered... as was the other one that at first appeared to be unaltered.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:16:49 PM EDT
[#8]
College police.  The shooting could have been blessed by Mother Teresa and he's still getting fired and charged.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:18:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Why does the guy act surprised he got pulled over for a violation? Why does he act surprised that he's being asked for his license? And finally why does he drive off with a cop trying to remove him from the vehicle? Every time one of these incidents comes up it's already apparent what is going to transpire. Some people just can't act in a civilized way when dealing with police. Then they blame race or police brutality on how events unfolded. If the guy in the video sped away and killed someone while in pursuit, would anyone care? Would it be national news?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:18:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm fairly certain that kid would be alive today if he hadn't started the car, and driven away when the officer asked him to get out.  I think there was reasonable cause based on the alcohol and the reaction of the driver to pull him from the car.  Officer was over charged for sure.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:18:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Just saw the video.

Officer was polite, calm, and reasonable.  Not seeing any sign of racism or anger, or out of control behavior by the cop.

Looks like he was being dragged to me. Not the "bad shoot" its being hyped to be.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:20:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:21:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

At 1:53 the officer reaches into the car when he hears the starter, by 1:54 his gun is out and the car hasn't moved based on the driveway/yard in the background and you can hear the engine turn over. He has the guy by his shirt at 1:55 and is pulling the trigger.

Saying he was struggling with the door for 3 seconds is allowing the time he started to open the door in the first place as "struggling" with the suspect.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:22:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Good headshot, fuck those who say different. The officer clearly took out the trash that day, and the rest of the planet is better off. While front plate violations are a bullshit stop, you don't get to pull off while the officer is conducting his stop. He would be alive today if he wasn't a stupid fucker who tried to run, probably due to having an active warrant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
43 years old, 13 kids, and 60 arrests?

too late.

Seems like he had it coming. Zero fucks.

While the world may not miss Sam DuBose, I give plenty of fucks over the actions of the officer.

I don't want to get shot in the face because I had a burn-out taillight and I accidentally left my wallet at home when I left the house. And drove off during a traffic stop, with officer friendly hanging out of the side of the car

Good headshot, fuck those who say different. The officer clearly took out the trash that day, and the rest of the planet is better off. While front plate violations are a bullshit stop, you don't get to pull off while the officer is conducting his stop. He would be alive today if he wasn't a stupid fucker who tried to run, probably due to having an active warrant.

I'm torn on this. The guy is a dirtbag and we are better off without him. But, I think the officer is in the wrong and used excessive force here.

What was on the video did not justify the actions of the officer. He should stand trial for his actions. I will not be upset if he walks nor if he is convicted.

Ponder this. If you (a non LEO) walked into the parking lot and a man was stealing your car. He posed no threat to you or anyone else. You confronted the man and tried to grab the steering wheel. While he was attempting to drive off with your car you shoot him in the head and killed him. He happened to be unarmed. There is video of the whole thing.

What would the consequence be?

I am thinking you would be indicted, because you shot a fleeing unarmed suspect.

For the record, in the above scenario I would probably be getting indicted also.

EDIT: I do think the Murder charge is a extreme though.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:23:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just saw the video.

Officer was polite, calm, and reasonable.  Not seeing any sign of racism or anger, or out of control behavior by the cop.

Looks like he was being dragged to me. Not the "bad shoot" its being hyped to be.
View Quote

That's why white cops need to stop working in areas where the grand jury will indict you because of skin color.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:25:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm torn on this. The guy is a dirtbag and we are better off without him. But, I think the officer is in the wrong and used excessive force here.

What was on the video did not justify the actions of the officer. He should stand trial for his actions. I will not be upset if he walks nor if he is convicted.

Ponder this. If you (a non LEO) walked into the parking lot and a man was stealing your car. He posed no threat to you or anyone else. You confronted the man and tried to grab the steering wheel. While he was attempting to drive off with your car you shoot him in the head and killed him. He happened to be unarmed. There is video of the whole thing.

I am thinking you would be indicted for murder, because you shot a fleeing unarmed suspect.

For the record, in the above scenario I would probably be getting indicted also.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

too late.

While the world may not miss Sam DuBose, I give plenty of fucks over the actions of the officer.

I don't want to get shot in the face because I had a burn-out taillight and I accidentally left my wallet at home when I left the house. And drove off during a traffic stop, with officer friendly hanging out of the side of the car

I am thinking you would be indicted for murder, because you shot a fleeing unarmed suspect.

Shooting someone who is in your vehicle stealing it is NOT the same thing that happened here.  Apples to oranges.

and for what its worth, you would be justified in shooting someone who is stealing your vehicle.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:27:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

too late.

To me it seemed the officer was reaching to in-buckle him and the car started afterward. It didn't appear he grabbed the door frame to hang on or grabbed the wheel as it was speeding away. It appears the officer was attempting to remove him as he closed the door and took off as the officer was leaning in toward the seat belt. I don't see the cop jumping in the window after it drove off. I see him reaching for the suspect and the suspect flooring it. Is getting dragged under a car deadly? No? Send him to jail then.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:27:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Another thing.. The officer he was running with, also appears to be wearing a body camera on the extended video.  Has his body cam been released yet?  He should have had a pretty clear view of what was going on outside the car.

Unedited, full length video:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2015/07/29/publish/30830777/
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:31:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Notice there is a No Parking sign on the left side of the street. At the very beging of the video that sign is well up the street as is a black

circular spot in the center of the street.  Both the sign and spot are right where the cop gets back on his feet after the shooting.

I used Google Earth and the street view feature to review this location.  The black spot is a man hole cover.  There is only one no parking sign along that section

of road.  I dropped pins in the street view image to mark the man hole cover and where the officer would have been standing when it got real. I then used the measure tool

and got 53 feet.

Punch these co-ords into Google maps or Earth to see for yourself.

cop standing location  39.123222° -84.513172°

man hole location   39.123079° -84.513203°

8nBAIT

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:31:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I am thinking you would be indicted, because you shot a fleeing unarmed suspect.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

too late.

You forgot to include in your imaginary scenario whether he drove off with you hanging off the side of the car.

Reminds me of an old joke:

The impish girl turned on the tractor and pushed the outhouse into the creek.  Later, her father told her the story of George Washington chopping down his father's cherry tree but wasn't spanked because he had told the truth.

The girl proudly announced, "I cannot tell a lie.  I pushed the outhouse into the creek."  He told her to bend over and the shocked child protested that George Washington had not been punished. The father replied, "Well, George's father wasn't IN the cherry tree when it got chopped down!"

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:33:41 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Once again, I want to extend our thoughts, prayers and condolences to the family and loved ones of Samuel Dubose. I was able to talk to his mother and other family members today to express our deep sorrow in person.

As a result of the Hamilton County grand jury action to indict Officer Raymond Tensing, UC Police Chief Jason Goodrich has decided to immediately dismiss Officer Tensing, and I support that decision.

Beyond the criminal investigation, the University is reviewing what has occurred and will take necessary steps to address any training, staffing and hiring policy issues that may be indicated by this tragic event. Chief Goodrich has already expressed commitment to bringing greater diversity to our police department.

As has occurred over the last several days, the University will continue to work with community partners to strengthen our commitment towards public safety best practices. We will be engaging in an external review to examine our public safety department and procedures and will address any issues that may arise.

I want to thank everyone in our UC community as well as the Cincinnati community and across the nation for their patience and understanding during the past 10 days.  I am pleased that the video from Officer Tensing's body-camera has now been made public by the Hamilton County Prosecutor. We are grateful to the Hamilton County Prosecutor’s Office for completing its investigation quickly.

Hopefully, we can now turn our attention to the frank and open discussions that we need to have and work our hardest to create a more just community, here on our UC campuses and across our nation.
View Quote

The kowtowing in this communication is nauseating.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Another thing.. The officer he was running with, also appears to be wearing a body camera on the extended video.  Has his body cam been released yet?  He should have had a pretty clear view of what was going on outside the car.

View Quote

I like the "purposefully killed' part. LOL
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:40:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No kidding.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Just watched it a few more times. Even if the car was not moving at the time of the shot it was most certainly heading that direction and getting dragged by a vehicle is going to cause great bodily harm or death which clears him to use deadly force.  

Why is it every time i see someone getting shot up by the cops they are either fleeing from the police, fighting with the police or resisting arrest?

News flash MFers.. Shooting someone is a lot of paperwork and cops really dont want to do that paperwork. If you dont fight flee or resist arrest the odds of you getting fucked up in that encounter are really low.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:41:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Great, now the taxpayers are going to be on the hook to support his kids.
View Quote

Like we weren't already?

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:43:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Despite the poor tactics the officer used I don't see this as 1st degree murder (or whatever Ohio calls it).

At the time the shot was fired was the officer reasonably in fear of Death/SBI from potentially being dragged?

No.

ETA:  He fires as he was putting his arm in the car.   If he was in fear of being dragged, a reasonable person would not have put his arm in the car.

Was he struggling to get his arm out?  If not, that three seconds doesn't count.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:58:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
He claimed that he was being dragged.
View Quote

He did get dragged for a short distance.  Look at the landmarks (specifically the parked silver car on the right hand side of the road) when the traffic stop is initiated and after the shot when he gets up.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:00:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:07:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Because he hung on to the car?

I'm saying bad shoot, personally.   Aggravated murder is a bit much but I don't see the officer escaping a conviction on this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He did get dragged for a short distance.  Look at the landmarks (specifically the parked silver car on the right hand side of the road) when the traffic stop is initiated and after the shot when he gets up.

I'm saying bad shoot, personally.   Aggravated murder is a bit much but I don't see the officer escaping a conviction on this.

I'm not commenting on what he did that put himself in that situation.  I was simply stating that his claim of "being dragged" does appear to be accurate.  

It also isn't readily apparent if he was hanging onto anything, you can't really see the hand that reached inside the car.  Was he holding onto the steering wheel?  Did his arm get tangled in the seatbelt?  It's really hard to say with any level of certainty based solely off that video.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:15:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Isnt that basically what the Hamilton Co prosecutor said?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
1st Degree Murder? What the fuck?

Didn't you watch the video?

The cop went up to the car saying "Mofo, I be killing your ass today for no front plate" *pow* *pow*.
Isnt that basically what the Hamilton Co prosecutor said?

That's how I interrupted it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:18:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Found a copy of the indictment here

Murder - 2903.02 (A)
Voluntary Manslaughter - 2903.03 (A)

Both First Degree Felonies.

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz190/meansartin/Mobile%20Uploads/CLGaq0cUMAA8D85_zpse6f1yyae.jpg
View Quote

That's it?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:22:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'm not commenting on what he did that put himself in that situation.  I was simply stating that his claim of "being dragged" does appear to be accurate.  

It also isn't readily apparent if he was hanging onto anything, you can't really see the hand that reached inside the car.  Was he holding onto the steering wheel?  Did his arm get tangled in the seatbelt?  It's really hard to say with any level of certainty based solely off that video.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Strictly from a logical perspective... Wouldn't the first natural reaction in this scenario involve trying to get away from the car? Yet the officer chooses to pull his gun almost real time and pop off multiple shots to the head?  Unless the guy was grabbing the officers arm, what good does shooting him do? The car is still going to roll if it's already in motion. It just doesn't add up to me. I've watched the body cam vid 3 or 4 times, and it looks like a blatant bad shoot. And I'm not even going to address what initiated the entire debacle... Pulling someone over outside the officer's jurisdiction for a missing front license plate....
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:23:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:24:56 PM EDT
[#35]
here is a good example of why a car is a deadly weapon ..
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:28:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The cop went up to the car saying "Mofo, I be killing your ass today for no front plate" *pow* *pow*.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1st Degree Murder? What the fuck?

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:29:51 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Strictly from a logical perspective... Wouldn't the first natural reaction in this scenario involve trying to get away from the car? Yet the officer chooses to pull his gun almost real time and pop off multiple shots to the head?  Unless the guy was grabbing the officers arm, what good does shooting him do? The car is still going to roll if it's already in motion. It just doesn't add up to me. I've watched the body cam vid 3 or 4 times, and it looks like a blatant bad shoot. And I'm not even going to address what initiated the entire debacle... Pulling someone over outside the officer's jurisdiction for a missing front license plate....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Officer only shot one time and it was stated that the stopped did indeed take place in the officer's jurisdiction.

8nBAIT

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Who is that fat fuck.......the DA?

Who uses the word chicken crap at a press conference?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Poor choices lead to poor consequences. Two people made poor choices; one paid far too much for his poor choice, and the other might pay about the right amount.

As far as the question over shooting due to fear of being ran over, it looked as if the majority (if there was any) of the "dragging" came after the fatal shot. kill a man in a stopped car, have his limp body hit the gas, and then claim that fear of dragging is the reason for shooting doesn't pass the smell test.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Just watched it a few more times. Even if the car was not moving at the time of the shot it was most certainly heading that direction and getting dragged by a vehicle is going to cause great bodily harm or death which clears him to use deadly force.  

Why is it every time i see someone getting shot up by the cops they are either fleeing from the police, fighting with the police or resisting arrest?

News flash MFers.. Shooting someone is a lot of paperwork and cops really dont want to do that paperwork. If you don't fight flee or resist arrest the odds of you getting fucked up in that encounter are really low.
View Quote

That's been Sheriff David Clarke's observation on every single one of these situations since Ferguson.

People deciding to disregard/disobey LAWFUL orders from uniformed LEO's.

We all know that when a cop orders you to do something, you don't get a vote. You may not like it. They may be wrong. Moot point.

If you attempt to resist, fight, flee, etc. you will lose.

What makes it even worse is the fact the majority of the "victims" have been arrested multiple times. Some dozens.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:37:02 PM EDT
[#41]
I just saw the video; the deceased attempts to run off and slam the car door after the officer attempts to open it. Did he grab his gun a little too soon? Maybe; but I wasn't there, and its hard to tell from the body cam. Why didn't the deceased just comply? If I'm stopped, I'm polite and respectful. And usually the officer is too. Its not that hard. And the prosecutor needs to be reprimanded; why the incendiary rhetoric? Political aspirations? That, to me, is the biggest tragedy here (besides the dead guy). What possible reason is there for the prosecutor to talk as much shit about the officer as he did? I'm not getting it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:37:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Was the "father of 13" a member the Bloods gang? The clothing suggests that to me.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
BAD SHOOT!

View Quote

Regardless of your opinion about who was in danger or whether or not he was "hung up", he ended up probably 30-40 feet down the road from the location of the original stop when he stands up.

He got down there somehow.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:40:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

too late.

That's right; running is grounds for getting executed.  Officers' prerogative.  No judge, jury, or court needed.  

It's time citizens learned their place.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:40:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, but was he being dragged, or hanging on?  Dragged by what?  Why did he fall free when he fired his gun?  He might get off with reasonable doubt on that issue, but based on what I saw, I don't think he should.  Also remember that the video we are seeing is blurred out.  Deters said flat out, "He wasn't dragged".  My guess is that he is hanging on, and you can see it in the non-blurred video.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:44:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's a good point. We should see his video as well.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:46:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Notice there is a No Parking sign on the left side of the street. At the very beging of the video that sign is well up the street as is a black

circular spot in the center of the street.  Both the sign and spot are right where the cop gets back on his feet after the shooting.

I used Google Earth and the street view feature to review this location.  The black spot is a man hole cover.  There is only one no parking sign along that section

of road.  I dropped pins in the street view image to mark the man hole cover and where the officer would have been standing when it got real. I then used the measure tool

and got 53 feet.

Punch these co-ords into Google maps or Earth to see for yourself.

cop standing location  39.123222° -84.513172°

man hole location   39.123079° -84.513203°

8nBAIT

View Quote

Well done.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:50:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

News flash MFers.. Shooting someone is a lot of paperwork and cops really dont want to do that paperwork. If you dont fight flee or resist arrest the odds of you getting fucked up in that encounter are really low.
View Quote

Especially that officer.

He was very cordial/polite and acting at ease with the suspect. Nothing about his demeanor suggested any type of malice prior to the driver trying to flee.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yes, but was he being dragged, or hanging on?  Dragged by what?  Why did he fall free when he fired his gun?  He might get off with reasonable doubt on that issue, but based on what I saw, I don't think he should.  Also remember that the video we are seeing is blurred out.  Deters said flat out, "He wasn't dragged".  My guess is that he is hanging on, and you can see it in the non-blurred video.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a video on this page or the last that isn't blurred out and you can see everything.  It's pretty hard to tell what exactly that hand is doing inside the car because of how quick the camera is shaking around.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:52:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Strictly from a logical perspective... Wouldn't the first natural reaction in this scenario involve trying to get away from the car? Yet the officer chooses to pull his gun almost real time and pop off multiple shots to the head? Unless the guy was grabbing the officers arm, what good does shooting him do? The car is still going to roll if it's already in motion. It just doesn't add up to me. I've watched the body cam vid 3 or 4 times, and it looks like a blatant bad shoot. And I'm not even going to address what initiated the entire debacle... Pulling someone over outside the officer's jurisdiction for a missing front license plate....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Strictly from a logical perspective... Wouldn't the first natural reaction in this scenario involve trying to get away from the car? Yet the officer chooses to pull his gun almost real time and pop off multiple shots to the head? Unless the guy was grabbing the officers arm, what good does shooting him do? The car is still going to roll if it's already in motion. It just doesn't add up to me. I've watched the body cam vid 3 or 4 times, and it looks like a blatant bad shoot. And I'm not even going to address what initiated the entire debacle... Pulling someone over outside the officer's jurisdiction for a missing front license plate....

You didnt actually watch the video did you?
Page / 44
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top