Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:59:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Well... I used the media creator, made a USB drive since I can't seem to get the upate on a single machine and for whatever reason the laptop never did get the reservation icon at all.

I went to update the laptop and it asks for a key. I thought it would see it in the Dell XPS12's BIOS. So, I run Nirsoft, obtain said key, enter said 8.1 BIOS key and I'm greeted with the message, "This product key didn't work".

Of course it didn't. Why the fuck would it?

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:21:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I upgraded my Dell laptop last night and like Windows 10 a lot.

I left my laptop on last night. This morning when I hit the start button, I see under a heading "Recently added"

Windows DVD Player

So I guess MS has added a DVD player back to Windows 10?

Anyone else seeing this?

ETA :

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-rolls-out-windows-dvd-player-for-windows-10-users-who-used-to-have-media-center

So I guess they took the hint.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:22:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

on my laptop with regular HDD, it boots the same, if not just slightly faster than W7 on the same comp
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Installed 10 pro 64.  Only complaint is it seems to take way too long to boot into windows from restart.  Installed on an SSD that loaded 7 near instantly seems like I'm back on an IDE drive...  And no, the drive is functioning fine.  So that rules that out.  WTF Windows 10?

Anyone else have similar responses?

ETA:  I've checked everything.  Ran the toolbox to optimize, checked firmware, re-set BIOS settings for fastest boot.

It literally takes 1:15 minutes to boot from the time I see the swirling Windows load icon until I can see my desktop.

This is abnormal as Windows 7 took not even 10 seconds to fully load.

Any suggestions?  Again, I just had to re-load 7 to re-update to 10 and when I loaded into 7, it was perfect.  Checked disk, no issues.

ETA2:  1 minute 35 seconds total time to boot from bios screen to desktop.

Set everything for fastest boot in bios.  Going to update bios see if that helps, no idea why 10 is doing this but 7 did not.

on my laptop with regular HDD, it boots the same, if not just slightly faster than W7 on the same comp

Can't speak for W7 on the machine I upgraded, but it IS significantly slower than W8.1 was. Probably in the same range that he's seeing, although I haven't timed it yet. It works OK, once it boot, so I'm not going to screw with it until I read more about how to fix the issue.

Once the OS has loaded, it works just fine. The problem is JUST with boot.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:00:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well... I used the media creator, made a USB drive since I can't seem to get the upate on a single machine and for whatever reason the laptop never did get the reservation icon at all.

I went to update the laptop and it asks for a key. I thought it would see it in the Dell XPS12's BIOS. So, I run Nirsoft, obtain said key, enter said 8.1 BIOS key and I'm greeted with the message, "This product key didn't work".

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You must first do an Upgrade, cannot do a clean install as you won't have a key.  You use the Upgrade, get through upgrade and make sure it's activated.  Then, supposedly microsoft "knows" your machine.  You can then do a clean install via USB like you did, but click "Skip" on the product key page.  Then it should activate itself automatically once online.

Mine wasn't activating.  Called Microsoft, have to wait 24~48 hours and it should activate itself.  If not, call back.

Quoted:

Can't speak for W7 on the machine I upgraded, but it IS significantly slower than W8.1 was. Probably in the same range that he's seeing, although I haven't timed it yet. It works OK, once it boot, so I'm not going to screw with it until I read more about how to fix the issue.

I'm finding the same issue, JUST the boot that is slow as hell.  1 minute and 30 seconds for an SSD loading the OS is completely retarded.  After I get into Windows, it's fast as lightning.  Nothing wrong with the SSD, getting the speeds I'm supposed to, did full diagnostic test, it's working as intended.  And again, W7 loads up in under 10 seconds.

Think something is FUBAR.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Anybody lose all their favorites ?

I thought they would have been imported....
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:20:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anybody lose all their favorites ?

I thought they would have been imported....
View Quote

I copied my entire Firefox profile, I lost nothing, history, logins, nothing
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:39:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Change in strategy, maybe.  Linux is starting to gain a lot more traction with home users (though not nearly enough to say that Windows is in trouble).  Since it's free, very robust, and nearly on par with Windows in terms of drivers, support, etc., they may sense that charging an arm and a leg for something that has been, historically, riddled with security issues and general bloat, may not be the best idea.

I could be way off, though.
View Quote

IMO I think you are off in part.

Linux has exactly zero chance of displacing either Windows or OS X for major desktop OS share.  That ship has long since sailed and it ain't coming back to port anytime soon.  Face it, Linux has been around for almost 25 years.  In that 25 years, it's only clear, uncaveated success with consumers has been Android.  And even that only worked because the smart phone people did what the Linux community at large refuses to do: they made it user friendlier, when something went wrong they didn't blame the user every single time, they locked it down enough to prevent major hardware compatibility issues, and made damned sure to build in some basic compatibility layers so that your software wouldn't break every single time an upgrade came out.  Other than Android, Linux has only ever succeeded as a server OS, and it should remain in that role for which it is well suited.

For Microsoft's part, I think we are seeing a change in strategy.  They are trying to take some of the mobile market share from Apple and Google.  They want Windows 10 to be a universal OS for everything from PCs and laptops to tablets, phones, embedded devices, household appliances, everything.  I think their hope is to get more software developers to make apps for the Microsoft Store the way they do for Google Play and the Apple Store, and they intend to make their money on the back end once more people are invested in the platform.

If, and I say IF, they get enough developers to start releasing apps for the MS Store the way they do for Google Play and Apple, there is a very good chance this plan will be, at least partially, successful.  That's an awfully big if, but giving it away up front improves their chances.  The market responds to demand.  If a bunch of people get the free Windows 10 for their desktop and decide they like it, some of those will choose Windows for their next tablet and, to a lesser degree, for their next smart phone.  If enough choose Windows for their next tablet or smart phone, the demand will be there for developers to enter that market more fully.  If that happens, MS will reap considerable market share from its competitors.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:57:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Dont upgrade with a laptop with ati hd mobility graphics, doesnt recognize hd4200 series graphics or hd5000. Back to windows 7.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:35:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

People who are confused by the playskool interface of the start menu of a bone stock Win8 install (and incapable of changing it to suit them in a few minutes, so they can quit their bitching), aren't people whose opinions I'm all that interested in. They can discuss it amongst themselves at the kids table.

I don't give a shit what Aunt Mildred thinks about cars, either. "I hear what you're saying about their variable valve timing thingie, but I hate where they put the cup holder".

That's nice, dear. It's a perfectly valid opinion. I just don't care, and don't mind dismissing her opinions as...not interesting. If we're talking cars, I'd rather talk to somebody else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Make that two, because he's technically right.

It's a better operating system. Objectively. There's a lot more to an operating system than the eye candy that greets you after you've finished installing it.

There's also a lot more than the ease with which a sysadmin manages it. I've seen many desktop users who were competent and comfortable with Win 7 fumble around and get frustrated trying to start an application or configure Win 8.

Usability is an objective measure of an operating system, especially a consumer-grade one, and Win 8 has lousy usability compared to Win 7.

People who are confused by the playskool interface of the start menu of a bone stock Win8 install (and incapable of changing it to suit them in a few minutes, so they can quit their bitching), aren't people whose opinions I'm all that interested in. They can discuss it amongst themselves at the kids table.

I don't give a shit what Aunt Mildred thinks about cars, either. "I hear what you're saying about their variable valve timing thingie, but I hate where they put the cup holder".

That's nice, dear. It's a perfectly valid opinion. I just don't care, and don't mind dismissing her opinions as...not interesting. If we're talking cars, I'd rather talk to somebody else.

To expand on the above: if you can't figure out how to use the machine, maybe you should LEARN.

Enterprise PC users are one of the MOST coddled groups in business. Period.

ANYTHING else related to your job, if you don't know how to do it, you LEARN, or you get fired.

Frankly, a lot of users should have their asses on the street instead of behind a keyboard.

Nick
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:44:16 PM EDT
[#10]
The Edge browser took me to Russia Today, Bing on the first try. It took 9 tries before finally took me to Drudge Report. Not as good as Firefox. In fact it made Firefox more responsive at least on my setup.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:47:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I must be shit tier.  Still no notification.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:56:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

So how amazing is Windows 10?

Worth the upgrade from 7?
View Quote
I had a few kinks with some drivers but all in all I like it so far

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:58:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
In their defense most of them have only been using Windows 7 for about a year after being dragged kicking and screaming off of XP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

8.1 is far better than 7.

Not my fault you have learning disabilities

In their defense most of them have only been using Windows 7 for about a year after being dragged kicking and screaming off of XP.
I released my death grip on XP and went straight to win 8.after I got used to it ,I loved it.took a month or so though

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:00:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I just got back to my office after walking the job and my laptop just told me it is 87% done.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same. I ended up forcing the update manually on a laptop yesterday and desktop today.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:02:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Same. I ended up forcing the update manually on a laptop yesterday and desktop today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you talk ne through that like I'm 2?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:05:46 PM EDT
[#17]
In the event I can't find the CD packet to my 8.1 disks, where can I find the key on my computer?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought I read that the only notifications they sent out so far were for x32. I have x64 windows and I haven't gotten a notification yet. I believe there was a link in the other Win 10 thread that you could manually download win 10 for x64

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:08:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is fairly simple.

1. Go into "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" and delete everything in that folder. (Don't delete the folder, just the contents.)
2. Now, run the command prompt as an administrator. Type in "wuauclt.exe /updatenow".
3. Go to your Control Panel > Windows Update and your Windows 10 should start re-downloading from scratch, hopefully without flaws this time.

It worked the first try on my laptop, the desktop failed once.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:09:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I thought I read that the only notifications they sent out so far were for x32. I have x64 windows and I haven't gotten a notification yet. I believe there was a link in the other Win 10 thread that you could manually download win 10 for x64

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have 64 bit on both machines as well.

Direct download here.

To answer you question about keys, it doesn't ask for a key.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:09:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
It is fairly simple.

1. Go into "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" and delete everything in that folder. (Don't delete the folder, just the contents.)

2. Now, run the command prompt as an administrator. Type in "wuauclt.exe /updatenow".

3. Go to your Control Panel > Windows Update and your Windows 10 should start re-downloading from scratch, hopefully without flaws this time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is fairly simple.

I beleive MS made an exe to get rid of it for those who don't want the newest OS.

I didn't look into it because I plan on upgrading
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:10:16 PM EDT
[#22]
I left my laptop on last night. This morning when I hit the start button, I see under a heading "Recently added"

Windows DVD Player

So I guess MS has added a DVD player back to Windows 10?

Anyone else seeing this?

ETA :

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-rolls-out-windows-dvd-player-for-windows-10-users-who-used-to-have-media-center

So I guess they took the hint.
View Quote

Killing Media Center Edition was the biggest mistake Microsoft made with the Windows 10 rollout. OK, they belatedly saw the light and provided a partial replacement.

But I don't use Media Center to play DVD's. I use it as the application for the Hauppauge TV / Radio card. Yes, Hauppauge provides its own TV / Radio application, but it sucks compared to Media Center.

I'll be sticking with my Windows 7 and 8.1 setups.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:10:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the straight up version but from another site.
http://www.techhacks.org/windows-10/
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:12:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
But then why are they offering it to us Win 7 users?
View Quote

"Installed base".

Replace all the Win8 installs (which has been a market failure from a Microsoft perspective) and get all those old Win7 systems upgraded and part of the new ecosystem.

As a strategy, it makes sense. They're essentially paying you to upgrade - if you do so before 28 July 2016. Their side of the deal is they get you at least familiar with (if not buying from) the "new" Microsoft Store and all the other goodies that come with the WinX ecosystem.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:13:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Well, this fucking sucks.

None of the games I have installed on steam are working properly now.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:14:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I beleive MS made an exe to get rid of it for those who don't want the newest OS.
I didn't look into it because I plan on upgrading
View Quote

I vaguely remember that.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:19:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, shit. Maybe if I hold out for the actual notification, steam will have patches.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

What are you trying? I ran Borderlands 2 last night with zero issues.

Only issue I've had so far is that my iTunes forgot it's library location, which was just a simple matter of showing it where it was.

Overall I don't have enough time on it to say if I like it or not yet. The notification thing appears to be buggy though... it keeps saying I have notifications, and when I click on it there are no notifications.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:25:41 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote

Do a game cache verification on any that do not work-should clear up any issues.

Nick
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:27:17 PM EDT
[#30]
I DL'ed and installed it last night.

Overall impression is it seems very nice, smooth and fast. I like what they've done with the "start" button

I too lost all of my favorites on the new browser, it didn't import them BUT strangely everything on my favorites BAR is still there, only now it's alphabetized

I had no problem upgrading at all.

I had no problem with any STEAM games.

Nvidia had a Win10 patch that ran right at the first W10 bootup.

I like it a lot.

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:32:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Went to force update my Windows 7 desktop.
Got the "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" on Win10 upgrade error message.

Discussion about how to fix this here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3a6znd/we_couldnt_update_the_system_reserved_partition/

Didn't try the steps outlined to delete files and truncate the NTFS.log.
I just increased the partition size from the default 100mb to 350mb.

Will try the upgrade again tonight.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:32:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Do a game cache verification on any that do not work-should clear up any issues.

Nick
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nick

I got it fixed.

I typed in -ne in the steam command prompt. (means the game will run in borderless mode)

Fixed both Skyrim and Rome 2 Total War right up.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:46:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

To expand on the above: if you can't figure out how to use the machine, maybe you should LEARN.
ANYTHING else related to your job, if you don't know how to do it, you LEARN, or you get fired.
Frankly, a lot of users should have their asses on the street instead of behind a keyboard.

Nick
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make that two, because he's technically right.

It's a better operating system. Objectively. There's a lot more to an operating system than the eye candy that greets you after you've finished installing it.

There's also a lot more than the ease with which a sysadmin manages it. I've seen many desktop users who were competent and comfortable with Win 7 fumble around and get frustrated trying to start an application or configure Win 8.

Usability is an objective measure of an operating system, especially a consumer-grade one, and Win 8 has lousy usability compared to Win 7.

Nick

I see your point and it has validity, but it's not the whole picture.

I'm pretty high in my corporate IT department.  My company is not a tech industry company, however.  My job is to provide tools for our people to do their jobs with.  Given the pacing of our business, in some cases, we literally don't have time for people to sit through training classes to learn minutiae about their OS.  So while I see what you're saying, I see it from my CEO's standpoint too....hours spent learning details about Windows 8 is literally thousands of dollars not made by our company.

This situation may not be ideal for IT staff, true.  But this is a for profit business, we are here to make money.  If IT has to occasionally do some hand holding in order for us to maximize profit, then IT is doing occasional hand holding.  It helps that the people we hire tend to be well above average intelligence and will pick up a lot of things on their own.  That said, all my subordinates have been so informed and are expected to proceed on the aforementioned basis because when the company does well, we do well.  If the company does badly, we will be looking for other employment.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:51:13 PM EDT
[#34]
"We couldnt install Windows 10. 0xC1900101 - 0x30017 The installation
failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during BOOT operation"
Win 7 Home prem (64 bit) to win 10 64 bit.
Dang, it was getting through most of the install process, and was starting it's first couple of boots.  It reverted me back to Win 7 at least, but I can't find a fix for this one.

ETA:  Using a Samsung SSD.  I'm using "fast boot" in BIOS so I'm going to try turning that off, and also will trying turning Samsung "RAPID MODE" off in the magician and try again when I get home...

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:55:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I see your point and it has validity, but it's not the whole picture.

I'm pretty high in my corporate IT department.  My company is not a tech industry company, however.  My job is to provide tools for our people to do their jobs with.  Given the pacing of our business, in some cases, we literally don't have time for people to sit through training classes to learn minutiae about their OS.  So while I see what you're saying, I see it from my CEO's standpoint too....hours spent learning details about Windows 8 is literally thousands of dollars not made by our company.

This situation may not be ideal for IT staff, true.  But this is a for profit business, we are here to make money.  If IT has to occasionally do some hand holding in order for us to maximize profit, then IT is doing occasional hand holding.  It helps that the people we hire tend to be well above average intelligence and will pick up a lot of things on their own.  That said, all my subordinates have been so informed and are expected to proceed on the aforementioned basis because when the company does well, we do well.  If the company does badly, we will be looking for other employment.
View Quote

This is EXACTLY why we keep deploying Win 7 PCs to our clients.

We simply don't have time to answer a flood of user interface questions that win 8.1 would likely generate. It will be bad enough, when we are forced to start deploying Win 10.

I have no problems with Win 8, for the most part. I'm not dumb enough to think deploying it to people who were confused by the move from XP to Win 7 is a good idea, however.

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 2:13:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Installed 10 last night. Took between 20 and 30 minutes on a Dell M3800 with an i7, 16 gigs of RAM and a 512 gig SSD. No issues during install or after. Some programs needed updates proceeding first boot. All settings rolled over. Running great so far. All programs work fine. Steam apps function well. Adobe CS6 extended works great. Rhinoceros v5 works well. Boots quick.

Weirdly though, I have about 50 gigs of additional free space I didn't have before. Not sure whether 10 swept away unnecessary Windows 7 data, or whether it's better at streamlining and organizing my storage. Anyway, weird.

ETA adjusted number
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 2:49:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
In the event I can't find the CD packet to my 8.1 disks, where can I find the key on my computer?
View Quote

Go here, follow steps.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-find-your-windows-8-or-8-1-product-key/
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 3:03:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Weirdly though, I have about 50 gigs of additional free space I didn't have before. Not sure whether 10 swept away unnecessary Windows 7 data, or whether it's better at streamlining and organizing my storage. Anyway, weird.
View Quote

Yeah, some are reporting gaining back some disc space post upgrade to Windows 10. For some reason I lost a bit of space on an older PC upgrading to Windows 10 Pro.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 3:18:35 PM EDT
[#39]
MS Edge: Cannot view video content (Youtube, Foxnews, etc.).Neither HTML 5 nor Adobe flash player works. Web pages slow to load cannot scroll sometimes have to refresh the page to see a scroll bar.

...yet no issues using Firefox on this computer. Go figure
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 4:05:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You must first do an Upgrade, cannot do a clean install as you won't have a key.  You use the Upgrade, get through upgrade and make sure it's activated.  Then, supposedly microsoft "knows" your machine.  You can then do a clean install via USB like you did, but click "Skip" on the product key page.  Then it should activate itself automatically once online.

Mine wasn't activating.  Called Microsoft, have to wait 24~48 hours and it should activate itself.  If not, call back.

I'm finding the same issue, JUST the boot that is slow as hell.  1 minute and 30 seconds for an SSD loading the OS is completely retarded.  After I get into Windows, it's fast as lightning.  Nothing wrong with the SSD, getting the speeds I'm supposed to, did full diagnostic test, it's working as intended.  And again, W7 loads up in under 10 seconds.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I was thinking the machine I was trying to upgrade had win7 pro but it wasn't. That was my issue. I was trying to upgrade to win10 pro. Once I used the correct version it upgraded very quickly.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 4:28:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Finally!

Runs like a champ on my 2011 iMac.  Seems faster.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 4:31:16 PM EDT
[#42]
I have an i5 processor, 8GB RAM, and a 1TB regular HDD.  Win10 runs very well on it, but is still not as fast as my $250 chromebook.  

I am not sure what that means for the PC market, but it seems chromebooks do everything a PC will do for 95% of the people out there (except run Office or play heavy-duty games).

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 4:37:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Finally!

Runs like a champ on my 2011 iMac.  Seems faster.
View Quote

It is a lot faster.

Don't have a mic hooked up to my computer, so I can't really speak to Cortana.

I wonder how many people are trying to speak like the Master Chief now?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 4:44:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
MS Edge: Cannot view video content (Youtube, Foxnews, etc.).Neither HTML 5 nor Adobe flash player works. Web pages slow to load cannot scroll sometimes have to refresh the page to see a scroll bar.

...yet no issues using Firefox on this computer. Go figure
View Quote

I have been watching Youtube in Edge for the past 2 days.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 6:11:18 PM EDT
[#45]
What did I miss?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 6:38:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I have an i5 processor, 8GB RAM, and a 1TB regular HDD.  Win10 runs very well on it, but is still not as fast as my $250 chromebook.  

I am not sure what that means for the PC market, but it seems chromebooks do everything a PC will do for 95% of the people out there (except run Office or play heavy-duty games).

View Quote

Don't chromebooks have SSD instead of a mechanical Hard Drive ?
Add a SSD as a boot drive for your PC then it will be faster.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 6:42:52 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn!

That's the truth!

I just cloned W10 to SSD yesterday and my computer is faster than all get out now!!!
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:21:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Running Office is kind of important.  If you don't need to run office, you might as well just use a tablet.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:42:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
What did I miss?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Miles and miles of butthurt.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Downloaded 10 this week on a test run with an HP Envy and love every second of it. No issues as of yet.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top