Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 211
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:09:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Pretty much. As long as they have a QB who can throw the ball downfield even a little bit would be nice. I just wish they hadn't fucked with the O-line too much. Now I just KNOW that Bradford will get hurt again..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Eagles are in contract extension talks with Sam Bradford.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13374228/philadelphia-eagles-sam-bradford-extension-talks

This Chip Kelly quote gave me a laugh:

"Peyton Manning switched teams because of an injury. Drew Brees switched teams because of an injury. So we went down that path."

An extremely injury prone QB with a career passer rating under 80 and they're talking contract extensions before he's played a single down for the Eagles.  A lot of Eagles fans were already upset at Kelly for some of the highly questionable moves he's been making.  I don't think this has a great chance of placating them.

That was the weirdest trade of the offseason. I just don't get it.

As an Eagles fan, I don't get it either. I was anticipating Foles being a trade chip for Mariota, not Bradford.

Its going to be an interesting year.

Pretty much. As long as they have a QB who can throw the ball downfield even a little bit would be nice. I just wish they hadn't fucked with the O-line too much. Now I just KNOW that Bradford will get hurt again..

If Sam can stay healthy--he will thrive in this system----I'm planning on seeing a lot of Mark Sanchez this year
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:48:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13374228/philadelphia-eagles-sam-bradford-extension-talks

An extremely injury prone QB with a career passer rating under 80 and they're talking contract extensions before he's played a single down for the Eagles.  A lot of Eagles fans were already upset at Kelly for some of the highly questionable moves he's been making.  I don't think this has a great chance of placating them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

"Peyton Manning switched teams because of an injury. Drew Brees switched teams because of an injury. So we went down that path."

Just drop all the QB's and stick with Tebow
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:56:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is Tebow still there ?

I thought he was dropped...
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:28:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Is Tebow still there ?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is Tebow still there ?

Damn it. When did that happen?

I think he's done with the NFL if he isn't picked up this year. He's worked hard and tried to fix the mechanics but you can only do so much and get so many chances.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:39:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Is Tebow still there ?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is Tebow still there ?

He's still there as of this morning.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/looks-tim-tebow-going-eagles-181855202.html

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:41:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I think he's done with the NFL if he isn't picked up this year. He's worked hard and tried to fix the mechanics but you can only do so much and get so many chances.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is Tebow still there ?

It didn't.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:41:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is Tebow still there ?

Well I just checked and he is still on the roster.

Rumors and all that.

I hope he makes it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 1:49:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Bold prediction:  Tebow starts............and wins...... at least one NFL game this season.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 1:58:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Bold prediction:  Tebow starts............and wins...... at least one NFL game this season.

View Quote

Like one article I read, I think Chip will specially design certain plays for Tebow.  He won't start and take many snaps, but he'll be a little razzle dazzle when needed IMO.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 2:01:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

The chances aren't great, but it could happen.

Bradford will almost certainly get injured then Sanchez could shit the bed with the next game being against the Redskins or Bucs.  Enter Tim Tebow.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 2:18:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Bradford will almost certainly get injured then Sanchez could shit the bed with the next game being against the Redskins or Bucs.  Enter Tim Tebow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks like Arian Foster might need surgery after suffering a groin injury during practice.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 2:31:24 PM EDT
[#13]
I hope Bradford does well, I always liked him.  Even at Oklahoma, and I'm a Husker fan.  Seems like a decent guy.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 3:01:46 PM EDT
[#14]
The NFL's All Bad Contracts team:

Offense

Quarterback: Josh McCown, Browns

Running Back: Donald Brown, Chargers

Running Back: DeMarco Murray, Eagles

Wide Receiver: Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals

Wide Receiver: Riley Cooper, Eagles

Tight End: Jared Cook, Rams

Tackle: William Beatty, Giants

Tackle: Jermey Parnell, Jaguars

Guard: Andy Levitre, Titans

Guard: Donald Thomas, Colts

Center: Alex Mack, Browns

Defense

Defensive End: Tyson Jackson, Falcons

Defensive End: Jason Hatcher, Washington

Defensive Tackle: Jared Odrick, Jaguars

Outside Linebacker: Jared Allen, Bears

Outside Linebacker: Jonathan Casillas, Giants

Inside Linebacker: Donald Butler, Chargers

Inside Linebacker: David Harris, Jets

Cornerback: Byron Maxwell, Eagles

Cornerback: Cortez Allen, Steelers

Safety: Nate Allen, Raiders

Safety: Dashon Goldson, Washington

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-nfls-all-bad-contracts-team/

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 3:08:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'll give you a hint: for the past 15 years they have a barely above .500 record and yet they are talked about more than any other NFL team.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Per-maybe-haps I'm thinking.

who's your team?

I'll give you a hint: for the past 15 years they have a barely above .500 record and yet they are talked about more than any other NFL team.

knew it...
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Looks like Arian Foster might need surgery after suffering a groin injury during practice.
View Quote

Not a great day for the Texans.

Jadeveon Clowney's father has been arrested and charged with attempted murder.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13376457/father-houston-texans-jadeveon-clowney-charged-attempted-murder

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 3:29:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I hope Bradford does well, I always liked him.  Even at Oklahoma, and I'm a Husker fan.  Seems like a decent guy.
View Quote
I want to feel bad for the guy with all his injuries but then I remember he's been paid over 40 million dollars. The old CBA at it's finest.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 3:30:29 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13376457/father-houston-texans-jadeveon-clowney-charged-attempted-murder

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I wonder how many games Clowney will sit out because of the mental injury. 6-8?

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:22:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

hard knocks curse came early for the texans
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:11:45 AM EDT
[#20]
I found this kind of interesting.

Odds to win the NFC East:

Cowboys +130

Eagles +150

Odds to win the NFC Championship:

Cowboys +650

Eagles +1500

Very similar odds to win the division and yet more than double a difference in odds to win the NFC.  First time I've ever seen that.

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 3:40:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Arian Foster is going to have surgery on Friday and will probably miss the start of the regular season.

He could be placed on short term IR which would mean he could play after week 8.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13381871/houston-texans-running-back-arian-foster-scheduled-groin-surgery

Link Posted: 8/6/2015 12:07:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Tom Brady is 38 years old and he recently said he has "another 7 or 8 years" playing QB in the NFL.

I think that's a long shot, but even if he does he probably won't be playing for the Patriots at the end.

Link Posted: 8/6/2015 12:50:49 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Tom Brady is 38 years old and he recently said he has "another 7 or 8 years" playing QB in the NFL.

I think that's a long shot, but even if he does he probably won't be playing for the Patriots at the end.

View Quote
With the defenses he's gonna face in the AFC East he's going to wish he'd retired last year

Link Posted: 8/6/2015 2:19:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Earlier this week Redskins' WR DeSean Jackson was shooting his mouth off about how “I don’t feel no one could stop me."

Today he hurt himself by running into a blocking sled and suffered a grade 2 separation of his right shoulder.

Link Posted: 8/6/2015 2:22:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Earlier this week Redskins' WR DeSean Jackson was shooting his mouth off about how “I don’t feel no one could stop me."

Today he hurt himself by running into a blocking sled and suffered a grade 2 separation of his right shoulder.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--HNp8jgGe--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/1373742639574514249.png

View Quote

“I don’t feel no one could stop me."
  - DeShoulder Jackson

"Lol"
  - Blocking Sled
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 2:23:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
"I don’t feel no one could stop me."

- DeShoulder Jackson

"Lol"

- Blocking Sled
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Earlier this week Redskins' WR DeSean Jackson was shooting his mouth off about how "I don’t feel no one could stop me."

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--HNp8jgGe--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/1373742639574514249.png

- DeShoulder Jackson

"Lol"

- Blocking Sled

Link Posted: 8/6/2015 2:38:35 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

- DeShoulder Jackson

"Lol"

- Blocking Sled
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Earlier this week Redskins' WR DeSean Jackson was shooting his mouth off about how "I don’t feel no one could stop me."

- DeShoulder Jackson

"Lol"

- Blocking Sled

Link Posted: 8/6/2015 11:59:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Indianapolis Colts @Colts

Bring unused or expired Rx prescriptions for safe disposal to #ColtsCamp on 8/9 & receive the 2014 highlight DVD! http://indcolts.co/HsbCvj
View Quote

The Ravens should try that
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 3:49:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

i thought he collided with d hall?? anyway.. didn't dez limp off the field today, too?

fuck man, i think you and i will be going at it in this thread this season...
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 3:52:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- DeShoulder Jackson

"Lol"
  - Blocking Sled

he hurt it hitting the ground on a deep pass.. which i'm not sure is much better... but hey.. at least he'll miss pretty much just the pre season...
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 10:02:46 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Indianapolis Colts @Colts

Bring unused or expired Rx prescriptions for safe disposal to #ColtsCamp on 8/9 & receive the 2014 highlight DVD! http://indcolts.co/HsbCvj

Looks like Irsay is feeling the need again!

Link Posted: 8/7/2015 10:03:45 AM EDT
[#32]

Mexico to host five official NFL games

An NFL official in Mexico has told AS that the country will hold five regular season games, one per season, from 2017 or 2018. Mexico is now financially in conditions to return to host official NFL games and is set to stage five encounters during the regular season

NFL Mexico Director Arturo Olivé told AS, “We’re taking steps in the right direction so that eventually, this platform (of sponsors) which we have reconstructed will enable us to talk directly to the NFL in New York about the possibility of staging games in Mexico”.

Diario AS understands that organizational costs to stage NFL games in Mexico has been set at 15 million dollars, a figure which the country can cover due to the growth of sponsorship deals during the past few years.

View Quote
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 10:31:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Will Goodell face another media scrum in Canton?

Last year, the scrum got awkward, with at least one reporter nearly
turning his recording device into an endoscope. This year, the situation
hasn’t seemed to spark the same degree of public zeal outside of Boston
— but the issue has become big enough in Boston that Boston reporters
could create a scrum of their own.

View Quote

And there are plenty of questions to answer, from the mischaracterization of Brady’s testimony to the decision not to require testimony from John Jastremski and Jim McNally to the league’s attempt to punish Brady under a policy never given to him to the NFL’s lack of knowledge regarding the natural deflation of footballs in cold weather to the league’s apparent campaign to spread misinformation early in the investigation to the league’s refusal to investigate its leaks to the league’s failure to correct the leaked misinformation although it has a habit of correcting misinformation to the irony of the decision not to hire Columbia to provide scientific expertise due to leaks the league’s desire to keep the transcript of the Brady appeal hearing secret to whether Ted Wells was truly independent to other stuff I probably haven’t thought about or have forgotten about.

Link Posted: 8/7/2015 10:41:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Will Goodell face another media scrum in Canton?

Last year, the scrum got awkward, with at least one reporter nearly turning his recording device into an endoscope. This year, the situation hasn’t seemed to spark the same degree of public zeal outside of Boston — but the issue has become big enough in Boston that Boston reporters could create a scrum of their own.

And there are plenty of questions to answer, from the mischaracterization of Brady’s testimony to the decision not to require testimony from John Jastremski and Jim McNally to the league’s attempt to punish Brady under a policy never given to him to the NFL’s lack of knowledge regarding the natural deflation of footballs in cold weather to the league’s apparent campaign to spread misinformation early in the investigation to the league’s refusal to investigate its leaks to the league’s failure to correct the leaked misinformation although it has a habit of correcting misinformation to the irony of the decision not to hire Columbia to provide scientific expertise due to leaks the league’s desire to keep the transcript of the Brady appeal hearing secret to whether Ted Wells was truly independent to other stuff I probably haven’t thought about or have forgotten about.

I pretty much ate all thing Pats---however, the way that this whole deflate gate thing has been handled is apocalyptically bad. Goodell is a goddamned idiot, and Dragging Tommy Boys name through the mud is just making Goodell and the NFL look really really fucking bad.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 10:58:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

- DeShoulder Jackson

"Lol"
  - Blocking Sled
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- DeShoulder Jackson

"Lol"
  - Blocking Sled

Link Posted: 8/7/2015 11:07:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

i thought he collided with d hall?? anyway.. didn't dez limp off the field today, too?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, Hall was injured in a separate incident.

Three days after saying “I don’t feel no one could stop me" Jackson injured himself running into a blocking sled, separated his shoulder, had to leave the field, and is expected to miss weeks.

During 7 on 7 drills Dez tweaked his hamstring, stayed on the field, and is expected to be fine.

Slight difference.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 1:30:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Oft-troubled linebacker Aldon Smith of the San Francisco 49ers was arrested Thursday night on hit and run, driving under the influence and vandalism charges...
View Quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13393290/aldon-smith-san-francisco-49ers-arrested-hit-run-dui

Link Posted: 8/7/2015 1:36:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Oft-troubled linebacker Aldon Smith of the San Francisco 49ers was arrested Thursday night on hit and run, driving under the influence and vandalism charges...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13393290/aldon-smith-san-francisco-49ers-arrested-hit-run-dui

That chucklehead has been arrested 5 times in 3 years.  He's playing on the wrong side of the Bay.

Now a few NFL journalists on twitter are saying the 49ers have released Smith.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 1:41:26 PM EDT
[#39]
WHO DAT

Link Posted: 8/7/2015 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That chucklehead has been arrested 5 times in 3 years.  He's playing on the wrong side of the Bay.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Confirmed.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13394571/aldon-smith-released-san-francisco-49ers

Link Posted: 8/7/2015 3:21:17 PM EDT
[#41]
S
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Confirmed.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13394571/aldon-smith-released-san-francisco-49ers

he should have been cut at the start of last year after his back to back arrest. I'm guessing he's looking at an NFL suspension as well.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 4:08:07 PM EDT
[#42]
The 49ers have sure taken a hit this off season.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 5:28:26 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

The 49ers have sure taken a hit this off season.
View Quote
Good news is they will be in a great place to draft a new quarterback next year.

Link Posted: 8/7/2015 11:44:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Both sides filed motions tonight

Ben Volin  @BenVolin

The NFL's main point: Even if Goodell royally screwed up the interpretation of the CBA, it's not enough to overturn

View Quote

Ben Volin @BenVolin

NFL argues that it doesn't matter if Ted Wells' investigation wasn't "independent"

View Quote
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 1:51:05 AM EDT
[#45]
The Rams gave Nick Foles a two year extension worth $24.5M.

Link Posted: 8/8/2015 4:21:35 AM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Confirmed.

hello redskins...
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 12:36:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Redskins and Texans brawl during joint practice.

Link Posted: 8/8/2015 1:23:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Redskins and Texans brawl during joint practice.

http://youtu.be/duOC_XCgM8Q

View Quote

Lol how did I know you'd be the one to post this??

Oh well.. It'll be good tv for Hard Knocks
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:56:57 PM EDT
[#49]

Page / 211
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top