Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 211
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:58:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Wilson's contract makes him the 2nd highest paid player in the NFL and only $100K behind the highest paid.

Who was the Seahawks homer here last season that kept talking about how Wilson was definitely going to sign a very team friendly contract because Wilson was a "team player who doesn't care about the money"?

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:11:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$87,600,000.

$31,000,000 signing.

Not bad, not bad at all...

View Quote

Great for Wilson. Not as great for the Seahawks and their fans.

Wilson is a good QB, but a LOT of what made him look good was the talent around him. Especially the defense.   I'm curious to see how well he does after his team has to make the roster cuts required to give him a $20M+ per year pay increase making him the 2nd highest paid player in the NFL.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:48:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

lol

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

lol

Adam Levitan ?@adamlevitan

Per ESPN, Johnny Manziel's first four dropbacks of camp: Sack, sack, pass nearly intercepted, pass batted down at the line.
The impression the media left was mentally he had a long ways to go; they implied he didn't look likely he had any confidence.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:46:51 PM EDT
[#4]
HTTR all day baby!!!! all this off season talk of skins being 'good' scares me.. RGIII HAS to come thru.... glad we locked up kerrigan, too...

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:47:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Wilson is a good QB, but a LOT of what made him look good was the talent around him. Especially the defense.   I'm curious to see how well he does after his team has to make the roster cuts required to give him a $20M+ per year pay increase making him the 2nd highest paid player in the NFL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
$87,600,000.

$31,000,000 signing.

what!? you don't think wilson would have the same results on the jags or raiders!?!?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:49:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

what!? you don't think wilson would have the same results on the jags or raiders!?!?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

$87,600,000.

$31,000,000 signing.

Same results? Not even close.

Dramatically improve? Yes.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:03:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
$87,600,000.

$31,000,000 signing.

very debatable...

i'd like to see how wilson fairs when half the defense leaves and lynch is gone
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:57:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

HTTR all day baby!!!! all this off season talk of skins being 'good' scares me.. RGIII HAS to come thru.... glad we locked up kerrigan, too...

http://i.imgur.com/PUJe3uu.jpg
View Quote

I certainly haven't been hearing "all this off season talk of the skins being good."  Who's been saying that?  Redskins homers?

The O/U on the Redskins win total is 6 - 6.5 and they have the worst odds to win the NFC Championship.   The only teams with worse odds to the win the Super Bowl are the Jags and Titans.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:13:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

very debatable...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

$87,600,000.

$31,000,000 signing.

very debatable...

I was not a fan of Wilson for a long time. I'm a fan now.

Dude's a baller. He's got game. However you want to phrase it, he's a competitor and a winner.

He'd be an improvement at QB for all but a handful of teams.

Off the top of my head, teams for which Russell Wilson would not be a step up:

Green Bay

Indianapolis

Pittsburgh

New England

That's about it. Peyton's age would make Wilson a great addition for Denver. Who else might think their QB is better than Wilson? NYG? DAL? Maybe SD or ATL? I don't think so. I think every one of those teams would be at least one win ahead with Wilson over their current starter.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:05:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wilson's contract makes him the 2nd highest paid player in the NFL and only $100K behind the highest paid.

Who was the Seahawks homer here last season that kept talking about how Wilson was definitely going to sign a very team friendly contract because Wilson was a "team player who doesn't care about the money"?

View Quote

That was me. I formally and humbly admit I was wrong.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:19:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was some serious wishful thinking on your part.

Though to your credit you seem to be one of the few Seahawks fans that recognizes this as not being a great thing for the team.  They just gave a player a $20M+ a year pay increase and cuts are going to have to be made and good players let go.

Wilson is a good QB, but he is also very reliant on the players around him to make him good.  Maybe the most of any good QB under the age of 35.  He's certainly not like Andrew Luck where he can carry a team by himself.

It will be interesting to see how well Wilson does when the amount of talent supporting him diminishes.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:36:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Though to your credit you seem to be one of the few Seahawks fans that recognizes this as not being a great thing for the team.  They just gave a player a $20M+ a year pay increase and cuts are going to have to be made and good players let go.

Wilson is a good QB, but he is also very reliant on the players around him to make him good.  Maybe the most of any good QB under the age of 35.  He's certainly not like Andrew Luck where he can carry a team by himself.

It will be interesting to see how well Wilson does when the amount of talent supporting him diminishes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He had us all duped with his holy roller nonsense. I am more skeptical than ever now.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:25:47 PM EDT
[#13]
JPP a month after the fireworks mishap

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:36:10 PM EDT
[#14]

What?  No "thumbs up" for the fans?

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:15:14 AM EDT
[#15]

What a dumb ass...

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 1:34:33 AM EDT
[#16]

To do what he did makes him an idiot.

To do what he did with millions of dollars on the line makes him a special kind of idiot.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:15:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I certainly haven't been hearing "all this off season talk of the skins being good."  Who's been saying that?  Redskins homers?

The O/U on the Redskins win total is 6 - 6.5 and they have the worst odds to win the NFC Championship.   The only teams with worse odds to the win the Super Bowl are the Jags and Titans.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

espn and local media has been hyping them up as always... i'm not sold, and don't expect much... a lot of the media has bought into the new gm mcloughan and the massive upgrade along the defensive line... like i said, i don't expect much, especially not  a super bowl win, i'll be shocked if they sniff the wild card.. but you never know, i've also heard people say the cowboys are going to severely miss damarco murray and not even win the division, but i think the division is their's to lose
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:29:43 AM EDT
[#18]
It's going to be a pretty interesting season.

Brady gone for 4 games.

My Broncos seemingly on the verge of a rebuilding phase.

Chip Kelly still the mad scientist in Philly

Cowboys?  

Will a healthy Rodgers push the Packers to the Superbowl?

How will Seahawks look after spending big money on Wilson.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:34:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

He had us all duped with his holy roller nonsense. I am more skeptical than ever now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i've always been skeptical of his too good to be true shit... loving jesus so much, always visiting sick kids in hospitals, abstaining from sex... it very well may be all true, but remember Tebow was all about his brand and doing it for the cameras...
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:35:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It's going to be a pretty interesting season.

Brady gone for 4 games.

My Broncos seemingly on the verge of a rebuilding phase.

Chip Kelly still the mad scientist in Philly

Cowboys?  

Will a healthy Rodgers push the Packers to the Superbowl?

How will Seahawks look after spending big money on Wilson.
View Quote

hell yeah, hopefully there's no outside bullshit like there was last season.. i'm just hoping for some good football
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:59:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

espn and local media has been hyping them up as always... i'm not sold, and don't expect much... a lot of the media has bought into the new gm mcloughan and the massive upgrade along the defensive line... like i said, i don't expect much, especially not  a super bowl win, i'll be shocked if they sniff the wild card.. but you never know, i've also heard people say the cowboys are going to severely miss damarco murray and not even win the division, but i think the division is their's to lose
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm going to have to call bullshit on that without some kind of evidence that ESPN as a whole is hyping the Redskins up with "all this talk" of them being good this season because I've heard absolutely nothing like that.

Like I said: the odds makers think the Redskins will be the worst team in the NFC.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:05:21 AM EDT
[#22]
This might sound crazy, but I think if the Bills get their QB situation figured out, they would really be a sleeper in the division.  Could they beat the current Patriots?  Who knows, but I think they're doing good things.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:07:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This might sound crazy, but I think if the Bills get their QB situation figured out, they would really be a sleeper in the division.  Could they beat the current Patriots?  Who knows, but I think they're doing good things.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:13:59 AM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/-wRNFqY8oVM

Crazier things have happened.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:15:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Bills have the best shot of any one in the east.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:17:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not according to Vegas.

Odds to win the AFC East:

New England Patriots -160

Miami Dolphins +320

Buffalo Bills +400

New York Jets +800

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:39:39 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Not according to Vegas.

Miami Dolphins +320

Buffalo Bills +400

New York Jets +800

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not according to Vegas.

Miami Dolphins +320

Buffalo Bills +400

New York Jets +800

Do I understand these odds correctly?

NE = bet $160 to win $100 ($260 payout)

MIA = bet $100 to win $320 ($420 payout)

BUF = bet $100 to win $400 ($500 payout)

NYJ = bet $100 to win $800 ($900 payout)

NE seems a pretty heavy favorite if I understand those lines.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:43:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Free Tom Brady.

No justice no peace.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:03:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'm going to have to call bullshit on that without some kind of evidence that ESPN as a whole is hyping the Redskins up with "all this talk" of them being good this season because I've heard absolutely nothing like that.

Like I said: the odds makers think the Redskins will be the worst team in the NFC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd like to nominate my Bears for that distinction.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:07:03 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dolphins are a more rounded team then buffalo.  But we also have queezy Joe coaching

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:12:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not according to Vegas.

Miami Dolphins +320

Buffalo Bills +400

New York Jets +800

Correct.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:14:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'd like to nominate my Bears for that distinction.
View Quote

The bottom four in the NFC according to the odds makers:

Chicago Bears

San Francisco 49ers

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Washington Redskins
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:45:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Not according to Vegas.

Miami Dolphins +320

Buffalo Bills +400

New York Jets +800

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not according to Vegas.

Miami Dolphins +320

Buffalo Bills +400

New York Jets +800

I meant best shot to dethrone the Patriots.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:46:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Dolphins are a more rounded team then buffalo.  But we also have queezy Joe coaching  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hence me ranking Buffalo ahead. Rex can coach better.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:47:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not according to Vegas.

Miami Dolphins +320

Buffalo Bills +400

New York Jets +800

What do you mean by "dethrone the Patriots" then if it doesn't mean "win the AFC East"?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:36:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

it was on SC during a training camp visit... i'm not saying every analyst on that network is calling for them to win the division, but they said RGIII looked sharp, he bought into gruden 100%, and the team has made some steal moves on the defensive line.. so maybe i mis-spoke a little b/c every training camp visit is hunky dory on espn.. but i'll take this press over dez throwing punches on the cowboys on twitter account...
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:40:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Da Bears

/thread
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:20:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

it was on SC during a training camp visit... i'm not saying every analyst on that network is calling for them to win the division, but they said RGIII looked sharp, he bought into gruden 100%, and the team has made some steal moves on the defensive line.. so maybe i mis-spoke a little b/c every training camp visit is hunky dory on espn.. but i'll take this press over dez throwing punches on the cowboys on twitter account...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Per-maybe-haps I'm thinking.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 2:42:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

who's your team?
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:11:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What do you mean by "dethrone the Patriots" then if it doesn't mean "win the AFC East"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not according to Vegas.

Miami Dolphins +320

Buffalo Bills +400

New York Jets +800

Sorry, if I am not being clear. I mean the Bills have the best shot of winning the east if the Patriots do not do it. The Bills are not winning the Superbowl.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:43:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

who's your team?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

who's your team?

I'll give you a hint: for the past 15 years they have a barely above .500 record and yet they are talked about more than any other NFL team.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:44:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Sorry, if I am not being clear. I mean the Bills have the best shot of winning the east if the Patriots do not do it. The Bills are not winning the Superbowl.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not according to Vegas.

Miami Dolphins +320

Buffalo Bills +400

New York Jets +800

The odds I posted were "to win the AFC East."  Not the Super Bowl.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:30:26 AM EDT
[#44]
The Eagles are in contract extension talks with Sam Bradford.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13374228/philadelphia-eagles-sam-bradford-extension-talks

This Chip Kelly quote gave me a laugh:

"Peyton Manning switched teams because of an injury. Drew Brees switched teams because of an injury. So we went down that path."
View Quote

An extremely injury prone QB with a career passer rating under 80 and they're talking contract extensions before he's played a single down for the Eagles.  A lot of Eagles fans were already upset at Kelly for some of the highly questionable moves he's been making.  I don't think this has a great chance of placating them.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:31:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13374228/philadelphia-eagles-sam-bradford-extension-talks

An extremely injury prone QB with a career passer rating under 80 and they're talking contract extensions before he's played a single down for the Eagles.  A lot of Eagles fans were already upset at Kelly for some of the highly questionable moves he's been making.  I don't think this has a great chance of placating them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

"Peyton Manning switched teams because of an injury. Drew Brees switched teams because of an injury. So we went down that path."

That was the weirdest trade of the offseason. I just don't get it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:33:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As an Eagles fan, I don't get it either. I was anticipating Foles being a trade chip for Mariota, not Bradford.

Its going to be an interesting year.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:44:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

As an Eagles fan, I don't get it either. I was anticipating Foles being a trade chip for Mariota, not Bradford.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And it's not like Foles sucked. The dude was playing pretty damn good.

Good luck man. As I said before, I'm a Niners fan, so we can cry about this season together .
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:47:34 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty much. As long as they have a QB who can throw the ball downfield even a little bit would be nice. I just wish they hadn't fucked with the O-line too much. Now I just KNOW that Bradford will get hurt again..
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:53:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Good luck man. As I said before, I'm a Niners fan, so we can cry about this season together .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last season he had as many turnovers as TD's with a passer rating of 81. Personally I wouldn't consider that to be "pretty damn good."
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:01:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Top 5 offense last season.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="http://s1121.photobucket.com/user/Dagger41/media/Texas_zpsnw8e6vzi.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l519/Dagger41/Texas_zpsnw8e6vzi.jpg</a>

Top 5 offense last season.

Maybe he is saying with the new additions to the Cowboys defense the opposing team will not score touchdowns.......only way that picture would make sense.
Page / 211
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top