BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 211
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:28:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's nothing but another excuse for him because he is a overgrown man child. Just like all the other excuses about him stealing and destroying other people's property and on and on. That had absolutely nothing to do with it.
It's quite baffling how people continue to make excuses and act like his behavior is perfectly acceptable when he does crap like this over and over and then those same people can't grasp how others don't respect him or the team

Like it or not the panthers are viewed in the rest of NFL land just like the Bengals or Browns
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw that last night, but so what? Cam heard an opposing player say "load the box, force y'all to throw the ball" before he stormed off like a child.  What's your point?

It's nothing but another excuse for him because he is a overgrown man child. Just like all the other excuses about him stealing and destroying other people's property and on and on. That had absolutely nothing to do with it.
It's quite baffling how people continue to make excuses and act like his behavior is perfectly acceptable when he does crap like this over and over and then those same people can't grasp how others don't respect him or the team

Like it or not the panthers are viewed in the rest of NFL land just like the Bengals or Browns

Oh, come on, Stiles.  You're being too hard on him.

I mean what pro athlete (especially a league MVP) could hear such inflammatory comments like "load the box, force y'all to throw the ball" at a press conference after the biggest game of the season and NOT storm off like a whiny little bitch leaving his teammates to have to answer questions without him because he's too big of a pussy to act like a man?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:38:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I saw that last night, but so what? Cam heard an opposing player say "load the box, force y'all to throw the ball" before he stormed off like a child.  What's your point?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Human emotions, can be strong at times, he has some growing up to do still.

At least he ain't another Brady / Beli emotionless drones.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:44:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Newton's teammates were just as devastated as he was and yet they still managed to not act like petulant children.

Strange considering none of them were league MVP, self proclaimed Supermen, or act like 16 year old girls starved for attention.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:46:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'd be very interested in hearing the true opinions of the Panthers players regarding Cam's behavior.  Not just jumping away from his own fumble down by 6 with less than 4 minutes to go in the biggest game of his life, but also his behavior at the press conference.

Newton's teammates were just as devastated as he was and didn't want to answer questions yet they still acted like grown men.  Meanwhile, their "leader" and self described Superman did his best Billy Madison impersonation and acted like a petulant child.

https://youtu.be/VsoQ3RPI9O0

View Quote

brady and belechick always act that way after tough losses.. and iirc peyton didn't even shake drew's hand after his loss and just walked off the field.

i'm not excusing cam's behavior, and i get how he gloats after winning so he should be able to face the music when he loses.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:47:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Newton should give the Cowboys a call and ask them how they deal with losing...since they are experts at it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:56:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

brady and belechick always act that way after tough losses.. and iirc peyton didn't even shake drew's hand after his loss and just walked off the field.

i'm not excusing cam's behavior, and i get how he gloats after winning so he should be able to face the music when he loses.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd be very interested in hearing the true opinions of the Panthers players regarding Cam's behavior.  Not just jumping away from his own fumble down by 6 with less than 4 minutes to go in the biggest game of his life, but also his behavior at the press conference.

Newton's teammates were just as devastated as he was and didn't want to answer questions yet they still acted like grown men.  Meanwhile, their "leader" and self described Superman did his best Billy Madison impersonation and acted like a petulant child.

Brady and Belichick do not perpetually act like 16 year old girls starved for attention. Newton is the classic "look at me, look at me" player.  I don't think anyone has accused Brady or especially Belichick of that.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:56:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Newton's teammates were just as devastated as he was and yet they still managed to not act like petulant children.

Strange considering none of them were league MVP, self proclaimed Supermen, or act like 16 year old girls starved for attention.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who cares anymore?  I'm ready for hockey playoffs and the offseason to see what moves Gettleman makes.

This was Cams worst game of the year, he missed open receivers all game high.  The Defense got in his head early and won.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:57:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Newton should give the Cowboys a call and ask them how they deal with losing...since they are experts at it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:01:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Cam did go congratulate Manning, there have been several who snuffed the handshake.

But y'all butthurt he left the media.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:01:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Brady and Belichick do not perpetually act like 16 year old girls starved for attention. Newton is the classic "look at me, look at me" player.  I don't think anyone has accused Brady or especially Belichick of that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

very true... would you not have had as much a problem with his presser if he didn't walk around with a look at me look at me attitude?

like i said, if he's gonna gloat when he wins he's gotta face the music when he loses.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:04:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone else think Gaga may have set the bar for the National Anthem?

Preconceived notions and all that.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:04:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Who cares anymore?  I'm ready for hockey playoffs and the offseason to see what moves Gettleman makes.

This was Cams worst game of the year, he missed open receivers all game high.  The Defense got in his head early and won.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The rest of us were subjected to posts from Panthers fans sucking off Cam Newton and talking about how great and unstoppable him and the Panthers were ad nauseam in this thread for the past three months, but with it not even being 24 hours since Cam chocked in the biggest game in franchise history now it's "who cares anymore?"
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:05:44 PM EDT
[#13]
" />
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:05:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

No.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:06:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:08:33 PM EDT
[#16]
" />
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:10:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

very true... would you not have had as much a problem with his presser if he didn't walk around with a look at me look at me attitude?

like i said, if he's gonna gloat when he wins he's gotta face the music when he loses.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If he was a relatively reserved player it would be one thing.  However, Cam Newton is the biggest attention whore playing in the NFL, IMO.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:14:46 PM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

https://youtu.be/N_lCmBvYMRs

This plus one million.  Lady Gaga was great last night, but the performance by Whitney Houston in the '91 SB will likely NEVER be equaled.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:22:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

The rest of us were subjected to posts from Panthers fans sucking off Cam Newton and talking about how great and unstoppable him and the Panthers were ad nauseam in this thread for the past three months, but with it not even being 24 hours since Cam chocked in the biggest game in franchise history now it's "who cares anymore?"

View Quote
Yeah, Cam walks off from the media, y'all lose your damn mind.

At least he was able to walk up to Manning and shake his hand after the defeat on the field, where the last time Manning ran off like a little bitch, but he talked to the media.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:24:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If he was a relatively reserved player it would be one thing.  However, Cam Newton is the biggest attention whore playing in the NFL, IMO.
View Quote

Well, he has to be they way, we're scared of his blackness and never Seen anyone like him..
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:26:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Well, he has to be they way, we're scared of his blackness and never Seen anyone like him..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Greg  gutfield summed it up pretty well earlier when he said this is just another case of an old white guy beating a young black male

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:27:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Not a lot of love for Brady in the stands at the SB, not my hero either but I do respect the guy.

Lynch retiring kind of hurts but he was off his game this season and pretty much last season, I wish him well and appreciate what he has done for the Seahawks.

I have no clue as to how Newton lost his edge in the game, but he will return and I hope he learned a lesson.

I predicted a Carolina blowout but oddly wore a Broncos Jersey and a hat that a customer from Denver gifted to me. Actually happy that Denver won with Manning at the helm, redemption after his last Superbowl appearance.

Just some random thoughts, I am going to miss football for another 7 months.

(all you folks in this thread have been great all season, looking forward to getting together in the summer)

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:29:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Ws4DckLDCO-p7Fm_grH6OWvuOtI=/1200x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6008853/508990066.0.jpg

Cam did go congratulate Manning, there have been several who snuffed the handshake.

View Quote

Wow, he congratulated the winning QB. Whatchoo want a cookie??  Reminds me of Chris Rock's bit about certain people bragging about things like taking care of their kids.  "You supposed to you low-expectating having motherfucker!"

I would post the clip, but I'll save the mods from having to deal with the Newton leg humpers hitting the report button claiming I called Cam the N word.

And if anyone is butthurt it's the Newton leg humpers.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:33:14 PM EDT
[#24]
At least the hobos around town will be dressed good I bet the goodwills will be full of panthers attire
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:34:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Listening to Newton and the Newton leg humpers it reminds me a lot of Colin Kaepernick.  We were hearing a lot of the same shit about him 3-4 years ago.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:36:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
At least the hobos around town will be dressed good I bet the goodwills will be full of panthers attire
View Quote

I hope they kept their Seahawks gear.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:37:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HEY HEY HEY !!!

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:49:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

At least he was able to walk up to Manning and shake his hand after the defeat on the field, where the last time Manning ran off like a little bitch, but he talked to the media.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Overgrown child
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:50:33 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Wow, he congratulated the winning QB. Whatchoo want a cookie??  Reminds me of Chris Rock's bit about certain people bragging about things like taking care of their kids.  "You supposed to you low-expectating having motherfucker!"

I would post the clip, but I'll save the mods from having to deal with the Newton leg humpers hitting the report button claiming I called Cam the N word.

http://i.imgur.com/JkznJEY.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Ws4DckLDCO-p7Fm_grH6OWvuOtI=/1200x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6008853/508990066.0.jpg

FWIW I never reported LG.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:51:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1768544_Official_2015_NFL_Discussion_Thread.html&page=201#i58161064
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:51:58 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He's in Ashville, it's all patchouli and hemp there.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:56:03 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No.

https://youtu.be/N_lCmBvYMRs

Gives me goosebumps every time.  Gaga's didn't but I still thought she nailed it.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:42:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:45:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who cares?  You must.  You are making excuses for him.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:48:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You gotta be kidding.  It ain't just the media and you damn well would not be defending him were he not your quarterback so stop with the excuses.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:49:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:51:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For what? You saying LG called Newton the N word?

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:51:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I thought it was one of the best I have heard from a major recording artist.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:16:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even Greg Olsen said that Cam "is like a child" during the regular season. That says a lot. Olsen is a stud.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:50:13 AM EDT
[#41]

True class.  Wilson is my favorite quarterback from his generation.  Too bad he plays for Seattle.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:52:16 AM EDT
[#42]
It seems like the media is letting Cam off pretty light for being a sore loser eh? I wonder why that is? Or maybe I missed the media shitstorm?

FWIW Ron Rivera was impressive and very gracious in defeat. He owned up to the mistakes the team made, and gave credit to the Broncos where credit was due. I hope he grabs Cam by the neck and explains to him how he is suppose to handle himself.

How does Cam have so many comments, energy and enthusiasm in victory, and nothing really to say in defeat? If he was a quiet and professional guy normally, I might be inclined to let it slide. But when you are over-exuberant in victory, you need to be over-gracious in defeat. Otherwise, you just come off as a giant douche.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:31:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It seems like the media is letting Cam off pretty light for being a sore loser eh? I wonder why that is? Or maybe I missed the media shitstorm?

FWIW Ron Rivera was impressive and very gracious in defeat. He owned up to the mistakes the team made, and gave credit to the Broncos where credit was due. I hope he grabs Cam by the neck and explains to him how he is suppose to handle himself.

How does Cam have so many comments, energy and enthusiasm in victory, and nothing really to say in defeat? If he was a quiet and professional guy normally, I might be inclined to let it slide. But when you are over-exuberant in victory, you need to be over-gracious in defeat. Otherwise, you just come off as a giant douche.
View Quote

The media seems to be about 50% giving him shit, 25% "yeah, he probably shouldn't have done that, but <insert excuse>," and 25% giving him a full pass.  Of course that's completely subjective based on what I've seen.

That being said, pretty much all the players I've seen tweets from and/or heard from have been giving him shit.  In a nutshell they think he is a selfish, immature, arrogant pussy.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:43:02 PM EDT
[#44]
According to Newton anyone that handles losing without acting like a petulant child is a loser in general.  Winners act like whiny bitches when they lose.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:53:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
According to Newton anyone that handles losing without acting like a petulant child is a loser in general.  Winners act like whiny bitches when they lose.
View Quote

I saw that
What a douche

Just for the record even a complete weenie like Phillip rivers would have dove for that ball
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:08:32 PM EDT
[#46]
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14745754/super-bowl-50-cam-newton-carolina-panthers-defends-walking-reporters
Classiest player ever to grace us with his football abilities.  Cam is such a great guy.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:16:19 PM EDT
[#47]

Lol
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:36:43 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:44:23 PM EDT
[#49]

Now that there is a class act.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:52:39 PM EDT
[#50]

Eli's excuse was he was trying to see if they were going to go for two.

Page / 211
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top