Page / 211
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 1:10:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Da Bears

/thread
View Quote

When people in Chicago put their DVD on to record the "World's Biggest Loser" why does it always go right to the Bears games on Sunday afternoon?

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 1:15:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Dang they looked good last year.

They have a chance if one or fewer of their quarterbacks have season ending injuries.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 1:24:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Do you have any confidence in Osweiler as the QB heir apparent? The Broncos head office seems to think so.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lifelong Broncos fan checking in.

I don't have a good feeling about this year.  "Rebuilding" is going to be thrown around by commentators very soon.

Do you have any confidence in Osweiler as the QB heir apparent? The Broncos head office seems to think so.

Based on what little I've seen of him, zero.  But who knows...
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 1:27:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
SKOL Vikings!  Excited for the upcoming season.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 1:31:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lifelong Broncos fan checking in.

I don't have a good feeling about this year.  "Rebuilding" is going to be thrown around by commentators very soon.

Every team with a great and aging QB is looking for the next Aaron Rodgers. It is spectacularly rare to find a guy like that. Transitioning from Hall of Fame QB to Hall of Fame QB is something you just don't see very often.

I'm sure everybody in the Denver head office wants Brock Osweiler to grow up to be Aaron Rodgers Jr., just like the folks in NE are hoping that Garoppolo is the next Tom Brady and their team will continue to see excellent QB play after the current great retires.

The guy is in the last year of his rookie contract and hasn't started a single game. It sounds like they plan to offer him a new contract, but I wonder if he won't be able to get more money as a free agent somewhere else - a young QB with 3+ years as Peyton Manning's understudy is going to get some interest from some team that desperately needs a quality QB.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 1:36:40 PM EDT
[#6]

That is all.....
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 2:29:49 PM EDT
[#7]
The Falcons will go 9-7, winning the weak NFC South and lose in the first round of the playoffs.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 2:43:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Let's take a look and see what Big Balls Chip has in store for this year!
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 3:26:35 PM EDT
[#9]

See avatar also...
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 4:24:36 PM EDT
[#10]
50 days to kickoff
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 10:39:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Settlement talks have occurred in Brady case

When a suspended player exercises his appeal rights, a settlement is always possible. In the case of Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and his four-game suspension for doing whatever he did in relation to the #DeflateGate controversy, a league source tells PFT that settlement discussions have indeed occurred.

To date, no progress has been made toward a deal. While it remains possible that something could be worked out, it would be unexpected.

Per the source, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is being pushed by a small handful of influential owners to hold firm on the four-game suspension. Working against that pressure, however, is the fear that the four-game suspension would be wiped out by a federal court.

Attorney Gregg Levy, who was one of the finalists for the job Goodell received in 2006, participated in the Brady appeal hearing as a legal consultant to the Commissioner. It’s believed that Levy has been warning Goodell that it will be difficult to make a suspension stick in court, even under the heightened standard that applies to challenging the outcome of a private arbitration agreement.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 10:53:43 AM EDT
[#12]
My Jaguars will probably be picking in the top 5 in next year's NFL draft....again.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 11:00:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Let's go Seahawks!!!!!

View Quote

Cause that's 110% of 12.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 11:15:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Chiefs are taking the Superbowl win this year.

View Quote

I'm a homer too, but I really do think the Chiefs are going to surprise people this year. There still isn't much talk about them nationally but they are going to be a damn good football team. They have the best pass rush, have shored up the inside with returning pro bowlers, DB's are more experienced and there's good talent there. Add that all up and that defense is going to be at a minimum top 3, maybe even the best.

The offense, we finally have a proven WR. I hated Bowe, too inconsistent and not a great route runner. Albert Wilson will also shine this year, he's a no-name in the league now, that won't stay the same. He's a damn good route runner and he's very good after the catch. We also have a up and comer at TE in Kelce, that dude is going to be a star. Not to mention the guy that will throw the defense off balance, DeAnthony Thomas. The OL has been significantly upgraded and we still have Jamaal and Kniles the Bruiser.

Yea yea, I know what you're thinking, "but you still have Alex Smith." I don't buy it, Alex is a good QB. He had a terrible line last year and no receivers worth a shit. My gut is that he is going to peak soon. He's 31 (I think), and QB's in the league typically peak from 31 to 35 unless you're these guys ===> He's not Brady, he's not Manning, he's not Luck. But with our defense, he doesn't have to come close to those guys to win it all. For God's sake, the guy hung 44 points on the Colts in the playoffs two years ago WITHOUT Jamaal and WITHOUT good receivers.

I'm telling you, you heard it here before it was news, the Chiefs will be one of the best this year...
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 3:32:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My Jaguars will probably be picking in the top 5 in next year's NFL draft....again.
View Quote

Really sucks you lost your first round pick for the year already. Would have been a hell of a year for the kid.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 3:35:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 3:54:13 PM EDT
[#17]

I HATE the new logo...
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 4:11:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Im predicting the Titans will win twice as many games as they did last year... So a record of 4-12
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 4:13:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Im predicting the Titans will win twice as many games as they did last year... So a record of 4-12
View Quote

I would not be surprised if they tripled it for 6-10.

Link Posted: 7/23/2015 4:28:58 PM EDT
[#20]
F*ck them cowboys.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 4:37:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Seahawks vs Colts in the SB.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 11:27:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Sal Paolantonio: “The NFL thinks it’s going to lose in court”

NFL lawyers can't come up a ruling they believe will stand up in court.

But Colts owner and Ravens owner among others in the AFC want suspension upheld.

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 12:49:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Dallas and Miami fan here.

Dallas will have a lot to prove in a better division this year.  Miami hasn't won a playoff game since 2000 and hasn't made the playoffs since 2008, so just making the postseason this year is my hope.

Chris
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:08:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Just read on twitter the OL Jonathan Martin is retiring.  He had a back injury but he's only 25.  I still think he's a special snowflake mental case and it pisses me off the way Incognito got thrown under the bus.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:50:56 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Just read on twitter the OL Jonathan Martin is retiring.  He had a back injury but he's only 25.  I still think he's a special snowflake mental case and it pisses me off the way Incognito got thrown under the bus.
View Quote
Yup, fuck him.  He'll probably sue the nfl for hurt feelings now.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 5:27:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm a homer too, but I really do think the Chiefs are going to surprise people this year. There still isn't much talk about them nationally but they are going to be a damn good football team. They have the best pass rush, have shored up the inside with returning pro bowlers, DB's are more experienced and there's good talent there. Add that all up and that defense is going to be at a minimum top 3, maybe even the best.

The offense, we finally have a proven WR. I hated Bowe, too inconsistent and not a great route runner. Albert Wilson will also shine this year, he's a no-name in the league now, that won't stay the same. He's a damn good route runner and he's very good after the catch. We also have a up and comer at TE in Kelce, that dude is going to be a star. Not to mention the guy that will throw the defense off balance, DeAnthony Thomas. The OL has been significantly upgraded and we still have Jamaal and Kniles the Bruiser.

Yea yea, I know what you're thinking, "but you still have Alex Smith." I don't buy it, Alex is a good QB. He had a terrible line last year and no receivers worth a shit. My gut is that he is going to peak soon. He's 31 (I think), and QB's in the league typically peak from 31 to 35 unless you're these guys ===> He's not Brady, he's not Manning, he's not Luck. But with our defense, he doesn't have to come close to those guys to win it all. For God's sake, the guy hung 44 points on the Colts in the playoffs two years ago WITHOUT Jamaal and WITHOUT good receivers.

I'm telling you, you heard it here before it was news, the Chiefs will be one of the best this year...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chiefs are taking the Superbowl win this year.

I'm with you.  I don't want to get to excited at this point, but I think they have a serious shot at going deep into the playoffs.  They absolutely must stay healthier than they did last year and the O-line must be better.  Chris Conley is going to get some playing time at WR and may challenge for that number 2 receiver spot before the end of the year.  Very gifted athlete and also very intelligent academic all American.  He didn't play in an offense at Georgia that allowed him to put up the kind of stats some WR's did, but he has the tools and smarts.  He tied for 3rd fastest WR at combine with Kevin White...First in the vertical jump by a wide margin with a 45" vertical WOW...First in the broad jump by a wide margin 11'7" WOW...4th among WR's in the bench press...and 6'2".  Kind of raw because of the college system, but has the smarts and physical tools to be great.

Dee Ford coming off the bench is also way better than many realize he just happens to be behind Justin Houston and Tamba Hali.  Marcus Peters hasn't gotten much hype, but he is very good and could start week one.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Eli Manning contract talks: 'No meaningful discussions,' says NFL Network

A deal in the $18-20 million range would be slightly below the four-year, $87 million contract Ben Roethlisberger got from the Pittsubrgh Steelers. That deal averages $21.85 million annually.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:00:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:11:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:29:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm a Niners fan.

They had the worst offseason EVER. Best coach they've had since Bill Walsh, Gone. One of the best runningbacks in Niners history, gone. Best linebacker ever, gone. Justin Smith, gone. Crabtree, gone.

What the fuck! Then those assholes in Seattle pick up Jimmy Graham and get even better?! I think it's gonna be a rough year. Watch out Rams! The Niners are coming for your shit last title.
View Quote

At least you still have your QB.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:15:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:22:15 PM EDT
[#32]

Should have been longer.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:30:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Should have been longer.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Should have been longer.  

The colts should be able to kick him in his lady bits.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:39:55 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm a Niners fan.

They had the worst offseason EVER. Best coach they've had since Bill Walsh, Gone. One of the best runningbacks in Niners history, gone. Best linebacker ever, gone. Justin Smith, gone. Crabtree, gone.

What the fuck! Then those assholes in Seattle pick up Jimmy Graham and get even better?! I think it's gonna be a rough year. Watch out Rams! The Niners are coming for your shit last title.

you sir are a mean spirited person

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:31:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm a Niners fan.

The Niners bring out the best in me.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:34:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Wilson get signed yet ?

I'm getting nervous.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:17:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Wilson get signed yet ?

I'm getting nervous.
View Quote

No.

Rumor is they're close to a deal. But he said if it's not finalized by Friday it'll wait till the offseason. He doesn't want the distraction during training camp.

They better lock down a deal, I can't spend a whole season listening to my wife complain about her new Wilson jersey being pointless if he leaves.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:21:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

No.

Rumor is they're close to a deal. But he said if it's not finalized by Friday it'll wait till the offseason. He doesn't want the distraction during training camp.

They better lock down a deal, I can't spend a whole season listening to my wife complain about her new Wilson jersey being pointless if he leaves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wilson get signed yet ?

I'm getting nervous.

No.

They'll get it done. The dude is a stud and a class act. Better than Kap. Never thought I'd miss Alex Smith so much.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:22:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:35:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 3:07:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:43:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s1121.photobucket.com/user/Dagger41/media/Texas_zpsnw8e6vzi.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l519/Dagger41/Texas_zpsnw8e6vzi.jpg</a>
View Quote

Top 5 offense last season.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:45:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Wilson get signed yet ?

I'm getting nervous.
View Quote

Now Kam and Bennett are threatening to hold out.Lots of mouths to feed in Sea.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:57:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Eric Berry is cancer free!  He continued to workout even during chemo and is at training camp.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 7:00:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wilson get signed yet ?

I'm getting nervous.

They should let Bennet walk. Tired of him and his mouth, especially for a rotational player.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 7:22:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

They should let Bennet walk. Tired of him and his mouth, especially for a rotational player.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wilson get signed yet ?

I'm getting nervous.

Yeah,I'd pay Kam long before him.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:01:27 PM EDT
[#47]
lol

Adam Levitan ?@adamlevitan

Per ESPN, Johnny Manziel's first four dropbacks of camp: Sack, sack, pass nearly intercepted, pass batted down at the line.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:30:18 AM EDT
[#48]
NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports the sides agreed to a four-year, $87.6 million extension, per a source involved in the negotiations. The deal includes a $31 million signing bonus and $60 million in guarantees.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000505334/article/seahawks-russell-wilson-agree-to-876m-extension

ETA:
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Good for Russel--well deserved!
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:31:15 AM EDT
[#50]
$87,600,000.

$31,000,000 signing.

Not bad, not bad at all...

Page / 211
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top