Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 91
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:30:32 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Go ahead and drop the link to Old Painless cussing you out or telling you to go fuck your self.  Remember according to your link, he did, I underlined your words incase you forgot them.
View Quote

You're special, aren't you? Here, hold your breath. In fact, who are you? Are you O_P's body guard, or secretary at arms or just some weird dude who wandered in here to side swipe a Mormon?

If you're so horny for a link, go find it yourself, do your own homework since you're that interested in the quarrels between two other men, or are you just sweet on him?  I bet you're frustrated as all hell that you wondered in, made a monumental jerk of yourself and now just can't find it in you to slither off and shut up.  

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:02:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Lol. This thread delivers.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:57:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You're special, aren't you? Here, hold your breath. In fact, who are you? Are you O_P's body guard, or secretary at arms or just some weird dude who wandered in here to side swipe a Mormon?

If you're so horny for a link, go find it yourself, do your own homework since you're that interested in the quarrels between two other men, or are you just sweet on him?  I bet you're frustrated as all hell that you wondered in, made a monumental jerk of yourself and now just can't find it in you to slither off and shut up.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go ahead and drop the link to Old Painless cussing you out or telling you to go fuck your self.  Remember according to your link, he did, I underlined your words incase you forgot them.

The tone of your posts appears to be approaching hysteria. Maybe you should take a break from the keyboard friend?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:29:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The tone of your posts appears to be approaching hysteria. Maybe you should take a break from the keyboard friend?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll examine that for a moment or two, lets see, so called "Christians" can be as insulting, antagonistic, disgusting as they wish, unabated, and this is acceptable, and a Mormon that won't have any of that crap that tells said so called "Christians" to go pound sand posts are approaching hysteria. I'm good with hysteria.

The Atheists are loving this exchange, Evangelical Christians and the LDS throwing blows, I suppose we could go all the way, buy them a bucket of chicken and a case of beer to go with the show.  Now that's hysterical.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 6:35:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

There was a time in the not-too-distant past when LDS folks could count on the gentlemanliness and the generosity of a *small* handful of anti-Mormon "Christians" to keep the *real* antagonists in-line...

There was a time in the not-too-distant past when the kinds of things... Accusing Smith of being a sexual predator, posting clandestine LDS videos... Would lead to trouble for the anti-Mormon antagonist...

Of course anti-Mormons are going to post clandestine videos. Its what they do.

I had an anti-Mormon "minister" brag that he had the entire Temple ceremony in a book he had. Meh.

Of course we know anti-Mormons are going to anti-Mormon.

The issue here is that we consider the Temple sacred. Jesus cast-out folks from the Temple who were not supposed to be there. Same with us. We don't talk about it. We don't discuss it outside the Temple...

Why? Because Christ treated the Temple with so much respect...

The issue isn't that an antagonist purposefully tried to rile-up the LDS arfcommers... It is that the usual "respectful," "gentlemanly" antagonists let it ride, and supported their fellow so-called "Christian." And to top that off, when they would not regulate themselves, site-staff didn't do anything to the antagonist...

I guess that is the issue... Antagonists are going to antagonize. They do what they do... But Christ actually formed a whip to drive-away the folks trying to defile the Temple... And *we* have the same obligation today...

Why do we treat the Temple so sacred? Because Christ did.

And I do not think the issue here is the antagonist himself... It is that folks who want positive back-and-forth on the site have usually stepped-in to regulate the antagonist... And that didn't happen here.

And that is disappointing.

Why do Latter-Day followers of Christ treat the Temple so sacred? Because Christ did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do you dudes get so upset at videos being taken? The church I used to go to would video every mass and put it online. No shame. They wanted to spread "the word".

Do you not want people to know what lds worship is like?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

There was a time in the not-too-distant past when LDS folks could count on the gentlemanliness and the generosity of a *small* handful of anti-Mormon "Christians" to keep the *real* antagonists in-line...

There was a time in the not-too-distant past when the kinds of things... Accusing Smith of being a sexual predator, posting clandestine LDS videos... Would lead to trouble for the anti-Mormon antagonist...

Of course anti-Mormons are going to post clandestine videos. Its what they do.

I had an anti-Mormon "minister" brag that he had the entire Temple ceremony in a book he had. Meh.

Of course we know anti-Mormons are going to anti-Mormon.

The issue here is that we consider the Temple sacred. Jesus cast-out folks from the Temple who were not supposed to be there. Same with us. We don't talk about it. We don't discuss it outside the Temple...

Why? Because Christ treated the Temple with so much respect...

The issue isn't that an antagonist purposefully tried to rile-up the LDS arfcommers... It is that the usual "respectful," "gentlemanly" antagonists let it ride, and supported their fellow so-called "Christian." And to top that off, when they would not regulate themselves, site-staff didn't do anything to the antagonist...

I guess that is the issue... Antagonists are going to antagonize. They do what they do... But Christ actually formed a whip to drive-away the folks trying to defile the Temple... And *we* have the same obligation today...

Why do we treat the Temple so sacred? Because Christ did.

And I do not think the issue here is the antagonist himself... It is that folks who want positive back-and-forth on the site have usually stepped-in to regulate the antagonist... And that didn't happen here.

And that is disappointing.

Why do Latter-Day followers of Christ treat the Temple so sacred? Because Christ did.

I didn't say "sacred" I said "secret".

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 6:52:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

It is sacred.

That is my point entirely.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:01:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

LOL Delete all you want Old Painless never said what he was accused of saying   You can delete it away it doesn't change the quote.  I quoted it.  Emotions get hot,  Deny away..
View Quote

You mad, bro?

What did I delete? What am I being accused of?

Deleting quote-trees is a *good* thing... Just look up in the thread, if you want to see what was posted before?-!-?!

I don't think I deleted anything... Or denied anything...

This thread took a serious derailment... Which I warned about a page or two ago.

You don't regulate the hardcore antagonists... Threads go south fast...

Folks who honestly want positive two-way discussions, this can't be what you want...!-!

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:01:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The majority of Eastern American Seaboard peoples had a very rich history and were descendants of Jews themselves, to include possessing ancient Jewish scriptures on brass plates with the records of their fathers.

For all those who haven't heard about Jesus, He has a perfect plan for them as well, being a merciful and just God.

Missionary work continues in the afterlife, and people have the opportunity to accept Him there.

I also believe that Jesus visited many other people on earth during His earthly ministry, as the lost sheep He referenced to His disciples in Jerusalem.  We just don't currently have any of the other records mentioning the others besides the American natives.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Millions have been born and died all around the world in the past never knowing the Jewish peoples exsisted, or of their god.

Like the native peoples of the Americas they never knew the Jewish peoples, they never knew that Jesus lived and died until peoples from Europe told them.

So what happened to the souls of the millions of others that were not chosen to be privileged with this knowledge.

The majority of Eastern American Seaboard peoples had a very rich history and were descendants of Jews themselves, to include possessing ancient Jewish scriptures on brass plates with the records of their fathers.

For all those who haven't heard about Jesus, He has a perfect plan for them as well, being a merciful and just God.

Missionary work continues in the afterlife, and people have the opportunity to accept Him there.

I also believe that Jesus visited many other people on earth during His earthly ministry, as the lost sheep He referenced to His disciples in Jerusalem.  We just don't currently have any of the other records mentioning the others besides the American natives.

It's horse hockeys to beleive that God would set up such a system in that faith is the only way to eternal salvation.

Consider a Fijian, living in 1000 AD, happily minding his business in his tropical paradise. He croaks one day and at the pearly gates, God says "Well Mr. Fijian, I am sorry to tell you that because you didn't hear of a book about a man that lived and died 1000 years ago on the opposite end of the planet, you will be living in eternal damnation and fiery brimstone. Thanks for all the really cool rock idols and stuff. Nice touch, but not enough to save your soul"

It's nuts. Why would the Fijian ever be created? He had no chance of reading a Bible. Was the perfect God merely toying wtith the Fijian? Eternal punishment? Does that sound something like a loving, caring omnipresent being would do? I sure as hell hope not. Maybe your God does, but not mine.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:01:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Lol. This thread delivers.
View Quote

It saved a few damned souls from the clutches of satan and hell for sure.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:03:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It is sacred.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is sacred.

You know secret and sacred aren't synonyms right, and the latter doesn't imply the former.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:05:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It's horse hockeys to beleive that God would set up such a system in that faith is the only way to eternal salvation.

Consider a Fijian, living in 1000 AD, happily minding his business in his tropical paradise. He croaks one day and at the pearly gates, God says "Well Mr. Fijian, I am sorry to tell you that because you didn't hear of a book about a man that lived and died 1000 years ago on the opposite end of the planet, you will be living in eternal damnation and fiery brimstone. Thanks for all the really cool rock idols and stuff. Nice touch, but not enough to save your soul"

It's nuts. Why would the Fijian ever be created? He had no chance of reading a Bible. Was the perfect God merely toying wtith the Fijian? Eternal punishment? Does that sound something like a loving, caring omnipresent being would do? I sure as hell hope not. Maybe your God does, but not mine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Originally Posted By :

LRRPF52 is talking about Latter Day Saint "history' of which there is no archaeological evidence for. BTW the Book of Mormon states that these "plates" were pure gold, not brass, which would be impractical, since the size claimed by the Mormons would mean it weight in excess of 200lbs. Nevermind that the Jews used scrolls or oral history, not "plates". If you want to know what they claim, a summary here.  

BTW, as for a Biblical possibility, Ravi Zacharias makes a good point here:

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:07:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:18:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You know secret and sacred aren't synonyms right, and the latter doesn't imply the former.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is sacred.

I stand by my original explanation...

We consider it to be sacred.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:26:55 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is sacred.

24 The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands;
25 nor is He served by human hands,as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things;

26 and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation,

27 that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;

28 for in Him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, ‘For we also are His children.’

29 Being then the children of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and thought of man.

30 Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent,

31 because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead.”

Acts 17:24-31.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:29:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No sir, I have never cussed you or anyone else out and told them to "fuck themselves".  Not once. Never in all my time on this forum.

You have made a false accusation.  It is your responsibility to either produce the quote or apologize and say you were mistaken.

View Quote

You know I think you are an asset to this site.

You know the respect goes back *years.*

And I will say you don't use fowl language...

But you are demanding an apology...

LDS folks on arfcom haven't gotten one from M-1975 when he lied and said that kids were whipped on the Mormon Trail for being cold.

He accused Smith of being a sexual predator, and posted LDS Temple videos in an purposeful effort to antagonize LDS arfcomers...

Looks like there will be apologies going several directions...

But I appreciate you pointing-out that apologies are necessary...
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:31:23 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

LDS folks on arfcom haven't gotten one from M-1975 when he lied and said that kids were whipped on the Mormon Trail for being cold.

He accused Smith of being a sexual predator, and posted LDS Temple videos in an purposeful effort to antagonize LDS arfcomers...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
No sir, I have never cussed you or anyone else out and told them to "fuck themselves".  Not once. Never in all my time on this forum.

You have made a false accusation.  It is your responsibility to either produce the quote or apologize and say you were mistaken.

Wow.

Even if I owed you an apology (which I don't), that doesn't excuse the false witness regarding O_P.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:33:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This guy is *trying* to get the thread locked by posting inflammatory posts towards LDS arfcommers....

By making claims of sexual predation, and temple videos, he is trying to get this thread locked...

I don't know what is motivating him to ruin this thread... But don't punish us all because of the actions of *one* bad apple...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He was a sexual predator on par with many cult leaders.  

This guy is *trying* to get the thread locked by posting inflammatory posts towards LDS arfcommers....

By making claims of sexual predation, and temple videos, he is trying to get this thread locked...

I don't know what is motivating him to ruin this thread... But don't punish us all because of the actions of *one* bad apple...

I called this yesterday...

M-1975 is not interested in maintaining two-way positive discussion...

Yeah...

Apologies will be all-around, looks like...
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:40:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Wow.    

Even if I owed you an apology (which I don't), that doesn't excuse the false witness regarding O_P.
View Quote

My point was that you are obviously not interested in two-way positive discussion...

And that you have been caught in false-witness concerning LDS beliefs... You have been caught lying several times...

Whether you apologize and own up to it is up to you...

But O_P can't feign impartiality while you skirt the COC for calling Smith a sexual predator and post LDS Temple videos...

Your goal was to antagonize arfcoms LDS members, whether you have the integrity to admit it or not...
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:41:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Christ worshipped in Temples. After his ascension, the Apostles worshipped in Temples.

We worship in Temples.

The milk-before-meat principle is Biblically-taught... There is a difference (to those who have faith) between secret and sacred...

The scriptures, and the words of prophets is all there is... The Bible is certainly part of it...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
God works by writing it all in the Bible. Not with secret masonic-inspired rituals.

And no, it is not a Biblically supported doctrine. Disciples at the time were taught the scriptures; they weren't kept from secret rituals like we see with temple endowment. The Bible is all there is.

Christ worshipped in Temples. After his ascension, the Apostles worshipped in Temples.

We worship in Temples.

The milk-before-meat principle is Biblically-taught... There is a difference (to those who have faith) between secret and sacred...

The scriptures, and the words of prophets is all there is... The Bible is certainly part of it...

Did the Apostles worship in temples after Christs ascension or did they teach there?

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:47:21 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Yeah...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was a sexual predator on par with many cult leaders.  

Yeah...

Do you realize that the allegations of sexual predation are actually justified with Smith?

Transcript from that video:

"How can you avoid the conclusion that Joseph Smith was a sexual predator? ... for instance in the newsletter "Sacred Marriage or Secret Affair" I tell about the case of Lucy Walker. Now here is a young girl where she is in a family of ten children, the family converts to Mormonism, they end up moving to Nauvoo. But the mother gets malaria in Nauvoo and dies and then one of the children dies. ... and Joseph Smith's solution to this family's situation is to send the father on a two year mission to the east coast, divide up the children into different homes, and take the teenagers into his home. So now he [Smith] has this sixteen year old girl living in the home with her brother that's a year or so older than her. He [Smith] starts privately going to the sister to try to convince her to become his plural wife. She's praying about the whole thing, she doesn't no what to make out of it.

Then it turns out that Joseph's wife Emma and the brother go on a shopping trip to St. Luis and while they're gone Joseph gets the girl to marry him. And she just that day, the day before, turned seventeen when she marries him in polygamy behind Emma's back. She later wrote in her own story of her life what a devastating thing, and how hard this was for her to do. She says here I was without mother or father to consult, no one around to go to too talk to, and yet being presented with this great issue. Of course she prays and finally feels God spoke to her and told her to do this and she goes into plural marriage. ...

This shows a deliberate effort of isolating this girl from her family, from everyone around her, from any support system, in a time of grief and loneliness; to put that kind of pressure on her is signs of a spiritual predator. I don't see how we can excuse this kind of behavior and say 'well he was sincere.' You wouldn't give that kind of leeway to someone who approached your sixteen year old daughter. ...

Why does Joseph [Smith] get a pass on these things? I don't understand how they [Mormon apologists and liberal Mormons] keep saying 'it's OK.' And if you read the [stories] of the different wives [of Smith] they all are horrible; going to teenage girls and saying God sent an angel with a drawn sword that was going to kill Joseph Smith if he didn't go into polygamy; if she didn't marry him God was going to kill him. ... The weight of responsibility this would put on a teenage girl, 'I'm gonna be responsible for the prophets death!' Then he would also put the responsibility on these young girls: that if you consent to this it will insure your parent's eternal salvation. ... How can a girl say, 'no, I'm not gonna help my parents have eternal life,' and so she finally submits to this. ... to me [this] clearly is the pattern of a sexual predator. ...

... the lies of Joseph Smith do affect people, they aren't just innocent things that don't touch other people; because of Joseph Smith's polygamy we have all the polygamists today. Mormons will say to me, 'but look at the fruits of Mormonism,' yea the fruits of Mormonism is sixty thousand people living in polygamy today, that's the fruit of Joseph Smith. Those people wouldn't be in those situations had it not been for him [Smith] privately going to teenage girls and coercing them into plural marriage."

Yeah, complete and utter sexual predator.

More, from the former seminary teacher who was told to shut-up and hide the truth from his students:

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:51:24 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
My point was that you are obviously not interested in two-way positive discussion...

And that you have been caught in false-witness concerning LDS beliefs... You have been caught lying several times...

But O_P can't feign impartiality while you skirt the COC for calling Smith a sexual predator and post LDS Temple videos...

Your goal was to antagonize arfcoms LDS members, whether you have the integrity to admit it or not...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.    

My goal is to show you that Mormonism is built on lies. My prayer is that you will read your Bible and follow the Jesus therein, which the LDS does not teach.

And stating the severity of Smith's sexual misconduct in plain terms, nor is posting the actual rituals of the LDS church, a violation of CoC. It's the truth, and the truth shall set you free.

"Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed" -John 3:20.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:54:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Again, yes people in the OT DID practice pologamy .  Also practiced adultery, murder etc.  that doesn't mean God TOLD them to.  Now a coworker and friend of mine is LDS.  In a civil discussion with him about pologamy in the LDS church, he said Mr Smith was instructed to participate in pologamy in order to grow the population of the church.  If he only sealed and didn't consummate, how does that increase the population? Maybe he was wrong?

Jesus cleaned the temple because people were using it for their own profit. There was nothing that people were not supposed to see.  The temple was made for GOD.  When people used it for their own gain, people who were supposed to respect it, yes Jesus got mad.  Would be like if the pastor of a church was using the pews to seat people to watch porn on a big screen in front of the alter, then taking the money to buy himself a new car.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:57:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Do you realize that the allegations of sexual predation are actually justified with Smith?

Yeah, complete and utter sexual predator
View Quote

Nobody can accuse you of not doubling-down.

Your videos are chickenshit and one-sided. They only present your side... And make serious leaps in speculation...

There is no fully-legit source that backs-up your claims against the ecclesiastical leader of LDS arfcomers...

Your goal in your posts concerning Smith and your LDS Temple videos was to antagonize LDS arfcomers...

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:59:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, there was a time when some people who had no idea what Mormonism taught would ignorantly believe Mormonism's claim to be "Christian."

It was, "Why are you saying they aren't Christian?  They say they believe in Jesus, too."

Then they were exposed to Mormonism's doctrines and understood why Christians said that Mormonism wasn't Christian at all.

They saw Mormons call Christians liars for stating Mormon doctrines - it happened again in THIS thread, multiple times - and then saw Christians produce proof from LDS sources proving that the Christians knew what they were talking about.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:00:23 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Your videos are chickenshit and one-sided. They only present your side... And make serious leaps in speculation...

There is no fully-legit source that backs-up your claims against the ecclesiastical leader of LDS arfcomers...

Your goal in your posts concerning Smith and your LDS Temple videos was to antagonize LDS arfcomers...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's telling that you don't address the actual issues, that is, the taking advantage of young women while his wife was away.

Knock off the rhetoric, and face the truth.

ETA:

"I tell about the case of Lucy Walker. Now here is a young girl where she is in a family of ten children, the family converts to Mormonism, they end up moving to Nauvoo. But the mother gets malaria in Nauvoo and dies and then one of the children dies. ... and Joseph Smith's solution to this family's situation is to send the father on a two year mission to the east coast, divide up the children into different homes, and take the teenagers into his home. So now he [Smith] has this sixteen year old girl living in the home with her brother that's a year or so older than her. He [Smith] starts privately going to the sister to try to convince her to become his plural wife. She's praying about the whole thing, she doesn't no what to make out of it.

Then it turns out that Joseph's wife Emma and the brother go on a shopping trip to St. Luis and while they're gone Joseph gets the girl to marry him. And she just that day, the day before, turned seventeen when she marries him in polygamy behind Emma's back. She later wrote in her own story of her life what a devastating thing, and how hard this was for her to do. She says here I was without mother or father to consult, no one around to go to too talk to, and yet being presented with this great issue. Of course she prays and finally feels God spoke to her and told her to do this and she goes into plural marriage. ...

This shows a deliberate effort of isolating this girl from her family, from everyone around her, from any support system, in a time of grief and loneliness; to put that kind of pressure on her is signs of a spiritual predator. I don't see how we can excuse this kind of behavior and say 'well he was sincere.' You wouldn't give that kind of leeway to someone who approached your sixteen year old daughter. ..."
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:04:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
[My goal is to show you that Mormonism is built on lies. My prayer is that you will read your Bible and follow the Jesus therein, which the LDS does not teach.    

And stating the severity of Smith's sexual misconduct in plain terms, nor is posting the actual rituals of the LDS church, a violation of CoC. It's the truth, and the truth shall set you free.

"Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed" -John 3:20.
View Quote

Your problem with that position...

Is that you have outright been caught lying...

You have outright been caught posting from atheist links. You were caught posting to an active homosexual.

You have zero credibility. Your effort was not to witness truth... It was to purposefully antagonize...

I can't tell how much you love me, while you are shouting lies and how much you hate me...

You have some issues... If you hadn't been caught lying, and liking to a homosexual... You might be taken as sincere...

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:07:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Wow:

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:08:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
[My goal is to show you that Mormonism is built on lies. My prayer is that you will read your Bible and follow the Jesus therein, which the LDS does not teach.    

People tire of these false accusations.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:10:28 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

You have outright been caught posting from atheist links. You were caught posting to an active homosexual.

You have zero credibility. Your effort was not to witness truth... It was to purposefully antagonize...

I can't tell how much you love me, while you are shouting lies and how much you hate me...

You have some issues... If you hadn't been caught lying, and liking to a homosexual... You might be taken as sincere...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Lying? no. That's another false witness on par with O_P.

As is trying to blot-out the truth with accusations of homosexuality. See, secret rituals and trying to excuse and cover-up the misconduct of Joseph Smith and the LDS church is contradictory to the words of Jesus:

John 8:12: Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:10:54 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

I asked Mormons to state the gospel pages ago.

No response.

They don't know the gospel.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:14:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It's telling that you don't address the actual issues, that is, the taking advantage of young women while his wife was away.

ETA:

"I tell about the case of Lucy Walker. Now here is a young girl where she is in a family of ten children, the family converts to Mormonism..,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

"I tell about the case of Lucy Walker. Now here is a young girl where she is in a family of ten children, the family converts to Mormonism..,

Walker sustained Smith as a prophet.

She wrote journals, and made public statements. She never said or implied that Smith touched her.

Your whole foundation is speculation and postulation...

Walker claimed to her death that Smith was a prophet, and she never said he put his hands on her in that way as you imply...

The facts don't back up your lies...

You lie to be purposefully antagonistic to LDS arfcomers...

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:21:04 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

She wrote journals, and made public statements. She never said or implied that Smith touched her.

Walker claimed to her death that Smith was a prophet, and she never said he put his hands on her in that way as you imply...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA:

And David Koresh's followers thought he was a prophet as they died in Waco. Was he? Did their belief excuse the misconduct he committed? Why does it excuse Smith's?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:23:57 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
No response.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No response.
Nope they don't.

Here's what happened afterwards, starting @ 7:50:

Note the guy at 7:50 doesn't think the definition of "faith" is just about belief in the gospel.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is sacred.

You didn't explain anything about why "sacred" necessitates "secret". You just keep repeating "it's sacred" instead of answering the question.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:17:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Just more hypocrisy from mainstream Christians.   They do nothing but bash a religion whose past and current teachings are found in the bible.

I guess with every slam,  they just show a little more of how they don't even believe the Book they claim to profess.

God is in the form of a man, and is plural, not one.   "And God said, Let US make man in OUR Image, after OUR likeness.

Polygamy is practiced in the Bible and is allowed by God.

Tithing is taught in the Bible, instituted with Adam and not part of the Mosaic law.

Temple worship is found in the Bible.  Christ never said temples are to be done away with.  The apostles mention the temple in their teachings numerous times after Christ has gone.

Prophets are found throughout the Bible, and is how God directs his work.  Amos 3:7  Even the Prophets in the Bible were not perfect,  but I guess they expect Mormon prophets to be infallible.

Faith, Repentance, and Baptism, are taught over and over.   Christ giving us the perfect example.

We are told to DO,  not to earn salvation, but because we love Christ.  John 14:15

Just to name a few.

Yet for some reason, that is what they find fault with in the LDS Church.    I guess if they are claiming Mormonism is false because of those things,  they are saying they don't believe in the Bible and it's teaching.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:35:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Apparently somewhere around the idolatrous endowment ceremony!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not going anywhere.  But He will surely "save you" from our help.

Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind......

Outstanding! So, when exactly does THAT start?  

Since you're such an expert on our temple ceremony and have such a vast amount of knowledge about it, why don't you tell us which part is as you claim "idolatrous"
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:16:51 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Just more hypocrisy from mainstream Christians.   They do nothing but bash a religion whose past and current teachings are found in the bible. They why teach the BoM? If it's all in the Bible then why the additional books?

I guess with every slam,  they just show a little more of how they don't even believe the Book they claim to profess. I Agree, in this thread you have Mormons blatantly displaying false witness, rather than proclaiming their belief in the Bible, which they claim to profess.

God is in the form of a man, and is plural, not one.   "And God said, Let US make man in OUR Image, after OUR likeness. "God is spirit..." (John 4:24). Isaiah 43:10: "....Before Me there was no God formed, and there will be none after Me" <--note the singular, "Me" not the plural "Us".  

Polygamy is practiced in the Bible and is allowed by God. Adultery isn't...and 1 Timothy 3:2-7 plainly states: 2 An overseer [or bishop, or senior pastor], then, must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, temperate, prudent, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3 not addicted to wine [or pugnacious, but gentle, peaceable, free from the love of money. 4 He must be one who manages his own household well, keeping his children under control with all dignity 5 (but if a man does not know how to manage his own household, how will he take care of the church of God?), 6 and not a new convert, so that he will not become conceited and fall into the condemnation incurred by the devil. 7 And he must have a good reputation with those outside the church, so that he will not fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

Tithing is taught in the Bible, instituted with Adam and not part of the Mosaic law. Actually it was part of the Mosaic Law, and the part Mormons like to take out of context in Malachi 3 is actually talking about something else. A very detailed overview here. And please explain where tithing settlements are required.

Temple worship is found in the Bible.  Christ never said temples are to be done away with.  The apostles mention the temple in their teachings numerous times after Christ has gone. Note the apostles never built any after the one in Jerusalem was destroyed. Also:  Acts 17:24-25 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; 25 Neither is worshiped with men's hands, as though he needed anything, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things..."                               1 Corinthians 3:16-17 "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are."

Faith, Repentance, and Baptism, are taught over and over.   Christ giving us the perfect example. Yet then you add so much more in those definitions and others.

We are told to DO,  not to earn salvation, but because we love Christ.  John 14:15 " "For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do." -1 Nephi 25:23; have you done all you can do? What happens if you don't?

Just to name a few.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:19:18 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Since you're such an expert on our temple ceremony and have such a vast amount of knowledge about it, why don't you tell us which part is as you claim "idolatrous"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most notably the love and reverence for the church...pledging everything you have to it.

i·dol·a·try

i'däl?tre/

noun

1. worship of idols.

synonyms:idolization, fetishization, fetishism, idol worship, adulation, adoration,reverence, veneration, glorification, lionization, hero-worshiping

"the prophets railed against idolatry"

• extreme admiration, love, or reverence for something or someone.

"we must not allow our idolatry of art to obscure issues of political significance"

synonyms:idolization, fetishization, fetishism, idol worship, adulation, adoration,reverence, veneration, glorification, lionization, hero-worshiping

"the prophets railed against idolatry"

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just more hypocrisy from mainstream Christians.   They do nothing but bash a religion whose past and current teachings are found in the bible. They why teach the BoM? If it's all in the Bible then why the additional books?
Because it serves as a 2nd witness that God and Christ live, and that the bible is true.
2 Cor 13:
1 This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

I guess with every slam,  they just show a little more of how they don't even believe the Book they claim to profess. I Agree, in this thread you have Mormons blatantly displaying false witness, rather than proclaiming their belief in the Bible, which they claim to profess.

God is in the form of a man, and is plural, not one.   "And God said, Let US make man in OUR Image, after OUR likeness. "God is spirit..." (John 4:24). Isaiah 43:10: "....Before Me there was no God formed, and there will be none after Me" <--note the singular, "Me" not the plural "Us".  

So what are you saying.  That Genesis is wrong and should just be ignored?   Who was the US and OUR that god spoke of?   Seems pretty clear who man was patterned after, and what the likeness of God is.

Polygamy is practiced in the Bible and is allowed by God. Adultery isn't...and 1 Timothy 3:2-7 plainly states: 2 An overseer [or bishop, or senior pastor], then, must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, temperate, prudent, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3 not addicted to wine [or pugnacious, but gentle, peaceable, free from the love of money. 4 He must be one who manages his own household well, keeping his children under control with all dignity 5 (but if a man does not know how to manage his own household, how will he take care of the church of God?), 6 and not a new convert, so that he will not become conceited and fall into the condemnation incurred by the devil. 7 And he must have a good reputation with those outside the church, so that he will not fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
As has been explained on here several times already,  when the sealing ordinance was first established with Joseph Smith,  Sealing did not equal temporal marriage as we think of it today.  Here's an article that explains it in more depth.  
http://www.fairmormon.org/perspectives/fair-conferences/2012-fair-conference/2012-joseph-smiths-sexual-polyandry-and-the-emperors-new-clothes-on-closer-inspection-what-do-we-find

Tithing is taught in the Bible, instituted with Adam and not part of the Mosaic law. Actually it was part of the Mosaic Law, and the part Mormons like to take out of context in Malachi 3 is actually talking about something else. A very detailed overview here. And please explain where tithing settlements are required.

Tithing is mentioned in the Bible before the Mosaic law was given.  

One of tithing settlement's main purpose is record keeping. Often errors are found,  and it is a chance for members to double check their records if they match up with what the church shows. (important for tax purposes)   It is not mandatory to go to tithing settlement either.  You don't get kicked out of the church or lose your temple recommend if you don't go.  

Temple worship is found in the Bible.  Christ never said temples are to be done away with.  The apostles mention the temple in their teachings numerous times after Christ has gone. Note the apostles never built any after the one in Jerusalem was destroyed. Also:  Acts 17:24-25 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; 25 Neither is worshiped with men's hands, as though he needed anything, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things..."                               1 Corinthians 3:16-17 "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are."

So where does Christ say temples are to be done away with?   It is no wonder they didn't rebuild it with all the persecution that was occurring at that time.  Our bodies are a temple, but that does not equate to "temples are no longer important".  If they no longer had meaning, why would Christ himself cast out those defiling it.

Faith, Repentance, and Baptism, are taught over and over.   Christ giving us the perfect example. Yet then you add so much more in those definitions and others.

We are told to DO,  not to earn salvation, but because we love Christ.  John 14:15 " "For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do." -1 Nephi 25:23; have you done all you can do? What happens if you don't?

Since when does after = because.  

Completely different meaning.

An apostle at our last conference explained it perfectly.  And seeing how infallible you claim Mormon apostles to be, when you have quoted them in the past,  if a Mormon apostle said it, it must be doctrine.

"However, I wonder if sometimes we misinterpret the phrase “after all we can do.” We must understand that “after” does not equal “because.”

We are not saved “because” of all that we can do. Have any of us done all that we can do? Does God wait until we’ve expended every effort before He will intervene in our lives with His saving grace?

I am certain Nephi knew that the Savior’s grace allows and enables us to overcome sin.34 This is why Nephi labored so diligently to persuade his children and brethren “to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God.”35

After all, that is what we can do! And that is our task in mortality!"

President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Second Counselor in the First Presidency

Another one:

Prophets are found throughout the Bible, and is how God directs his work. Amos 3:7 Even the Prophets in the Bible were not perfect, but I guess they expect Mormon prophets to be infallible.

For some reason, that is what critics find fault with in the LDS Church. I guess if they are claiming Mormonism is false because of those things, they are saying they don't believe in the Bible and it's teaching.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:06:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have issues.

You are a proven liar.  I pity you.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
For some reason, that is what critics find fault with in the LDS Church. I guess if they are claiming Mormonism is false because of those things, they are saying they don't believe in the Bible and it's teaching.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because it serves as a 2nd witness that God and Christ live, and that the bible is true.

2 Cor 13:

1 This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.
Really? How about 66 books?

So what are you saying.  That Genesis is wrong and should just be ignored?   Who was the US and OUR that god spoke of?   Seems pretty clear who man was patterned after, and what the likeness of God is. So you appeal to the understanding of man, rather than the word of God? The word of God actually teaches that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all God, and yet only one, singular, God, and no other. So therefore He must be triune. More on this here. Note all men and women have a body, soul (mind), and spirit, but we are each one being. Note that we are made in a mere image, and not a exact copy of what He is, like the LDS teaches.

As has been explained on here several times already,  when the sealing ordinance was first established with Joseph Smith,  Sealing did not equal temporal marriage as we think of it today.  Here's an article that explains it in more depth.  

http://www.fairmormon.org/perspectives/fair-conferences/2012-fair-conference/2012-joseph-smiths-sexual-polyandry-and-the-emperors-new-clothes-on-closer-inspection-what-do-we-find
LOL so let's ignore the issues and whitewash the whole event. We've been over this. Note that Paul states, "above reproach" and "must have a good reputation", which Smith never had. Thus, he is disqualified by God's word.

One of tithing settlement's main purpose is record keeping. Often errors are found,  and it is a chance for members to double check their records if they match up with what the church shows. (important for tax purposes)   It is not mandatory to go to tithing settlement either.  You don't get kicked out of the church or lose your temple recommend if you don't go.  Tax purposes? So much for Matthew 6. BTW I know enough that you aren't guaranteed a temple recommend in the LDS; I'm sure that's what the record keeping is about. People who have been there tell us different though:                                                                                                          

So where does Christ say temples are to be done away with?   It is no wonder they didn't rebuild it with all the persecution that was occurring at that time.  Our bodies are a temple, but that does not equate to "temples are no longer important".  If they no longer had meaning, why would Christ himself cast out those defiling it. Christ cast them out for selling the temple, charging huge rates for sacrificial animals, and exchanging money for a temple coin in order to enter the temple and atoning for sin, you know, kind of like how your tithing settlement effects your standing in the LDS church, or how your dedication to the church is required to get your temple endowment.

Since when does after = because.  Completely different meaning. LOL you dodge my questions, then you twist the English language to cover up what you own false prophet taught.

Another one:

Prophets are found throughout the Bible, and is how God directs his work. Amos 3:7 Even the Prophets in the Bible were not perfect, but I guess they expect Mormon prophets to be infallible. OMG did you even read Amos 3 before you parroted this? Talk about context! BTW we've already been over the tests of a prophet

Just to name a few.

For some reason, all the same arguments that have already been countered are coming up. The JW's do the same thing when they run out of argument.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Wow, all I can say is I'm glad this has been allowed to keep going, very informative. Despite the heat in the discussion, it has been pretty civil. Beliefs are amazingly powerful forces in our lives, just got to be sure and choose good ones.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:02:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
For some reason, all the same arguments that have already been countered are coming up. The JW's do the same thing when they run out of argument.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
2 Cor 13:
Really? How about 66 books?

So what are you saying.  That Genesis is wrong and should just be ignored?   Who was the US and OUR that god spoke of?   Seems pretty clear who man was patterned after, and what the likeness of God is. So you appeal to the understanding of man, rather than the word of God? The word of God actually teaches that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all God, and yet only one, singular, God, and no other. So therefore He must be triune. More on this here. Note all men and women have a body, soul (mind), and spirit, but we are each one being. Note that we are made in a mere image, and not a exact copy of what He is, like the LDS teaches.

LOL so let's ignore the issues and whitewash the whole event. We've been over this. Note that Paul states, "above reproach" and "must have a good reputation", which Smith never had. Thus, he is disqualified by God's word.

One of tithing settlement's main purpose is record keeping. Often errors are found,  and it is a chance for members to double check their records if they match up with what the church shows. (important for tax purposes)   It is not mandatory to go to tithing settlement either.  You don't get kicked out of the church or lose your temple recommend if you don't go.  Tax purposes? So much for Matthew 6. BTW I know enough that you aren't guaranteed a temple recommend in the LDS; I'm sure that's what the record keeping is about. People who have been there tell us different though:                                                                                                           https://youtu.be/r4Oa7o2N-ds

So where does Christ say temples are to be done away with?   It is no wonder they didn't rebuild it with all the persecution that was occurring at that time.  Our bodies are a temple, but that does not equate to "temples are no longer important".  If they no longer had meaning, why would Christ himself cast out those defiling it. Christ cast them out for selling the temple, charging huge rates for sacrificial animals, and exchanging money for a temple coin in order to enter the temple and atoning for sin, you know, kind of like how your tithing settlement effects your standing in the LDS church, or how your dedication to the church is required to get your temple endowment.

Since when does after = because.  Completely different meaning. LOL you dodge my questions, then you twist the English language to cover up what you own false prophet taught.

Another one:

Prophets are found throughout the Bible, and is how God directs his work. Amos 3:7 Even the Prophets in the Bible were not perfect, but I guess they expect Mormon prophets to be infallible. OMG did you even read Amos 3 before you parroted this? Talk about context! BTW we've already been over the tests of a prophet

Just to name a few.

Are you saying you have run out of argument?

So about those 66 books.  What about the 52+ others that were excluded by the vote of man?   What about the writings of the other apostles we don't have?   How do you know there was not teachings in those that were essential for salvation?  You don't.
You are claiming you hope the men that put the Bible together were divine enough to get it right,  before they corrupted the church and necessitated a reformation.

I am not appealing to the understanding of Man.  I am reading straight from the Bible.  That verse in Genesis one of the easiest verses to understand.  It fits Mormon doctrine perfectly.  We don't have to do all sorts of twists and turns to get it to fit with the rest of the Bible.   There is more then one way to be "one".  A husband and wife are "one".  A team is "one" .  Yet there are more than one individual.  If you look at all those verses you posted about the triune of God with that mindset(one in purpose),  it works perfectly, and no twisting is needed to make Genesis match your belief.

The LDS never said we were an exact likeness.  Our body is mortal.  God is glorified and perfected.  But our image and form (likeness) is like his.

Maybe you should read all the stories of people that visited the prophet Joseph Smith.  There were many ministers and others.    All of them were expecting to meet a "monster" like you are trying to make him into.  Almost without exception,  they were amazed that he was not a monster at all,  but one of the most Christlike caring men they had ever met, who would go out of his way, and give up his own comforts, for the comfort of others.  If you want,  I can post pages and pages of experiences talking about his character from first hand accounts.  He was often falsely accused of crimes, and released time and time again, for lack of evidence.

Tithing settlement does not affect your standing in the church.  I work with the bishop and know firsthand.  There were many people that were not able to make it to tithing settlement last year.   They still hold temple recommends and regularly go to the temple.  You are encouraged to go,  but there is no penalty if you don't.  

Here is one of the main reasons from the church itself in relation to tithing settlement.

"Reviewing your records of contributions helps you ensure they are correct. An important part of the Church’s audit procedures is to have individuals check whether their personal records match the Church’s and whether contributions were properly distributed in the categories selected on the donation slips."

The other reason is to declare your tithing status.  Funny how church critics are the only ones that have a problem with this.  

As I said,  if you don't go to tithing settlement,  there is no penalty.  I know firsthand.

I didn't dodge the question.   You are the ones twisting words trying to claim after = because.   I have been very clear on our doctrine.  I have posted apostles being clear on our doctrine,  yet you still push the lies.   We know our doctrine.  You interpret Mormon doctrine about as well as you interpret the Bible.  (very poorly)

I did read Amos.   Mormon prophets fit the test of prophets, just as well as any prophet in the Bible.   They are still men.  They still make mistakes,  just as biblical prophets and apostles did.   If you claim Mormon prophets and apostles are false because of mistakes,  you also must claim the Bible counterparts frauds as well.

Funny how often people cite a prophecy of Joseph Smith as not being fulfilled, because it did not happen in "his generation".  

Looking in the Bible, using their criteria,  They must believe Jesus gave unfulfilled prophecy as well.

Matthew 24 talks about many things to happen prior to the 2nd coming, and in verse 34, he states:"34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled."

Clearly, "this generation" has a deeper meaning than LDS critics believe.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:37:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:04:13 PM EDT
[#45]
When someone states something that wasn't said by O_P at all, and it included language he never has used that I'm aware of, it deserves an apology. I saw what was said and there can be no misunderstanding what he said and didn't say.

I think on the prophet subject, where there is misunderstanding is not that humans, whether they be prophets or not, don't sin, but the prophets in the Bible were never wrong (to my knowledge) regarding prophecies. In fact they never contradicted each other even though they lived centuries apart.  

I think God may inspire modern day people to say and write things but imho, there is nothing left to prophesie as John in Revelation took us all the way to the Great White Throne Judgement. After that it's eternity.  I have not read all of anybody's writings who claim to be prophets but if one thing they say turns out to not happen or is against the scriptures in any way, they are false prophets. ymmv
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:17:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Just curious to get some opinions from the mainstream Christians on here.

Recently a member of my congregation passed away.  He was loved by all the members in the congregation.  We all referred to him as "Brother Jack."  I am telling his story as he often told it to others.

He was in trouble most of his life.  In and out of prison several times for robbery and assaults.  He was addicted to alcohol for much of his life as well, which cost him his first marriage.  

When he was about 60,  two LDS missionaries knocked on his door and something told him to let them in.  At first, he was just trying to be polite, but as they talked about the plan of salvation and Christ's atonement for him,  he felt something that he had never felt before.  He states he had read the Bible in prison some, but was never really interested, and was skeptical when they pulled out the Book of Mormon.  They invited him to read it and compare it to the Bible.  He said he sat down that night and started in 1 Nephi, and couldn't put the book down.  He stayed up all night and read, and continued through the next day.  He said it was like something awakened in him that he had never known before.  He said he know it was true before he finished.  The missionaries stopped back by a couple days later and the first thing he asked them is how can he accept Christ.  When they mentioned being baptized,  he committed right then to do it.  A few weeks later he was baptized.   His transformation was night and day.  He truly had a change of heart.  He gave up alcohol cold turkey.   He would often talk about his love for the Savior and how his life had been changed.   From that point on,  he spent almost every day,  helping others.  He would visit the many widows in the congregation making sure they were taken  care of.  Even at 65 years old, he was the first one to show up when someone needed help moving.  

He often said he didn't do what he was doing for a reward or recognition,  but because he was hoping to show others the same love he knows Christ showed him. His change of heart was clearly evident to all who knew hm. Through his example and service,  about a dozen others joined the Mormon church.

So the question is,  do you think he will be saved?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 5:00:38 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Just curious to get some opinions from the mainstream Christians on here.

Recently a member of my congregation passed away.  He was loved by all the members in the congregation.  We all referred to him as "Brother Jack."  I am telling his story as he often told it to others.

He was in trouble most of his life.  In and out of prison several times for robbery and assaults.  He was addicted to alcohol for much of his life as well, which cost him his first marriage.  

When he was about 60,  two LDS missionaries knocked on his door and something told him to let them in.  At first, he was just trying to be polite, but as they talked about the plan of salvation and Christ's atonement for him,  he felt something that he had never felt before.  He states he had read the Bible in prison some, but was never really interested, and was skeptical when they pulled out the Book of Mormon.  They invited him to read it and compare it to the Bible.  He said he sat down that night and started in 1 Nephi, and couldn't put the book down.  He stayed up all night and read, and continued through the next day.  He said it was like something awakened in him that he had never known before.  He said he know it was true before he finished.  The missionaries stopped back by a couple days later and the first thing he asked them is how can he accept Christ.  When they mentioned being baptized,  he committed right then to do it.  A few weeks later he was baptized.   His transformation was night and day.  He truly had a change of heart.  He gave up alcohol cold turkey.   He would often talk about his love for the Savior and how his life had been changed.   From that point on,  he spent almost every day,  helping others.  He would visit the many widows in the congregation making sure they were taken  care of.  Even at 65 years old, he was the first one to show up when someone needed help moving.  

He often said he didn't do what he was doing for a reward or recognition,  but because he was hoping to show others the same love he knows Christ showed him. His change of heart was clearly evident to all who knew hm. Through his example and service,  about a dozen others joined the Mormon church.

So the question is,  do you think he will be saved?

View Quote
Yes, because he seemed to have a genuine conversion with what knowledge he was given.  Why wouldn't the guys who knocked on his door just give him a Bible?

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 5:02:43 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Old Painless never cussed you out or told you to go fuck yourself.  That is a lie, prove me wrong if you can.  

Yeah, he did...

Prove you wrong if I can?

No, I did not accuse you falsely. Oddly, I am not attacking your faith, I am attacking your position based upon your deportment where you and I have an exchange that involved you cussing me out.  Again, I IMed you (back then) about it addressing you regarding the event and how taken back I was by it.

Now you demand as it were, asserting it is my "responsibility" to produce your quote or apologize to you.

I shall do neither, you're the party offering offense, you apologize to me, for your words then, and your actions now where you you've called me as liar as well as attacked my faith. You even have your chronies sticking up for you as if they were there when you and I got into it demanding you did no such thing, below this, you have M-1975 "Holier than all" speaking all "King Jamesey" accusing me of bearing false witness against you.  

I am absolutely adamant in my reference to both your past and present conduct to me..

Not only that, but I submit this to the reader, "These are so called Christians, these are the representatives of "their God" (As they further back insist the God  and Jesus of my faith is different and therefore null and void) and under the same mantle have behaved so. (Meaning that in a thread where members self ID of a particular faith or self ID as not of a particular faith, i.e. non-denonimational, yet absolutely fundamental Christians (Evangelicals) have conducted themselves in a manner contrary to their so called "teachings".

For example, I self ID'd as a member of the LDS church, so my caution and restraint in this thread under heated exchange with those in opposition as to not under represent or besmear the church, whereas everywhere else on the site, not requiring such decorum, I am far more "ME" and tend to speak with far less restraint.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 5:18:47 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Wow.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.    

Save your wow, your conduct in this thread is so reprehensible, your representation of your faith, of your God fails so miserably, you give Atheists their argument by your actions and words.  Your accusation of false witness against me, an attack on a Mormon used to smear all Mormons and the church itself for yet another one of your psychotic attacks on the LDS church speaks of what I have already come to know about you.

I don't dislike you because you chose to not be a Mormon, I dislike you because you're contemptible, deceitful, disgustingly mocking of my faith, my church, my temple practices and so on, but I absolutely dislike you, I will not fake concern for your immortal soul by claiming to love you while going to war with you, what I will do is tell you that I dislike you, I say so in plain sight, not bearing flowers or a kiss or dragging my doctrine in, on a personal level, I dislike you, you disgust me.  I am surprised that you have an account here, my college is surprised that other so called Christians have allowed this to continue or stood beside you and participated in the fray against us (LDS). I am *NOT* surprised, you are far from the first evangelicals I have experienced who act this very same way.

I don't need to attack your faith to demonstrate my contempt for you, I'll just tell you that I dislike you, it's so much simpler that way. Kind of like that if I were on a mission, I would not waste a book of Mormon on you, you would probably use it as a coaster to lay your beer on it.  I'd probably stand at the foot of your driveway and dust my shoes off on you, turn my back on you, walk away whilst whistling a tune.  As this thread dwindles down, and eventually, it will, so will your level of importance in any way shape or form in a conversation with me.  The impact you leave on me is you and those like you represent your faith, a faith that seems to be concerned with disliking US (Mormons).

Works for me..
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 5:22:47 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

From what the "Street Preacher"'s shirt contents, it looks as if he is going after missionaries, not the other way around like your propaganda as you spin it. So, yeah, WOW...

I am not surprised, this is what I have come to expect from "Fundamentalist Christians", or as I like to call them "Fundies". (A laughable way of saying "so called Christians" or "fake Christians".)

Page / 91
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top