Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 5:24:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Gun Broker wants me to file the claim, return his money and pay for the transfer back to me.

I think I am screwed. Do I have any recourse?
Sorry for the rant just very upset about the damage and now not having the cash for daughter's school.
View Quote

Guns already transferred?  Sorry SOL....

The gunshop has the responsibility of inspecting the package for damage before receiving it, buyer has the responsibility of inspecting the package and the firearm before signing for it.  I do not see how you can be held responsible.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 5:39:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Great advice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It may be late...but always put the words "FOB Seller" in the description and shipping information.

FOB is a shipping term for "Free On Board". It means that the sale took place the minute you accepted cash and your part ended when you submitted it to the shipper.

If the buyer didn't specify they wanted it insured, they should have said so and they should have requested insurance charges be added to the shipping costs.

FOB means, "shipping problems are YOUR problems, not mine. Buyer took possession at the point of sale."

Great advice.

Retarded advice. He's basically saying you can refuse to create joinder with the shipping company even though you shipped it. That is now how the real world works.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 5:50:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 6:34:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought a FA lower from a guy back in 2011 or so.  It came with two uppers and some magazines.  He sent those first with no insurance.  I got the box with a gaping hole in it and the LWRC upper missing.  He ended up paying us $1,000 for the loss.  Always insure!!!!
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 6:53:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Lesson learned, probably the hard way.........always insure.

Crap happens because crap happens or because people make crap happen.

Always insure.

Include it in the price or shipping so the buyer pays for it.

Always insure.

View Quote

lol, insurance.

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 7:37:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Going with buyers remorse. Or wife flipped shit that he spent that coin on a gun. The buyer is a tool. Ignore him
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 8:17:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Just out of curiosity how did Howard's get involved in this --were they the rcving FFL ? They are relatively new (less than one year) to the LGS business here and there are a few shysters that like to hang out at the LGS's and try to pull all sorts of crap. It would not surprise me if one of these jack holes is playing you and Howard's. As far as lawsuits --what basis is he going to sue you on?
 Also when I worked for a company and since I have had my own business as soon as someone says anything about lawsuits,lawyers, cops, AG's office etc I am done talking to them period.

They want to go that route fine --have at it. If he was being nice about it and trying to work with you I might offer a refund AFTER I get the gun back and he pays for his transfer/return shipping --we are each out some money on shipping and transfer, cost of doing business on the Internet. Since He wants to be a dick..oh well.

If the thing was damaged they should have let you know right away and before he transferred it. Why would you accept it and transfer it if you knew it was damaged and probably going back ?
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 8:59:39 AM EDT
[#8]
This jerk's only option is to sue in small claims court.  

If that happens, send the judge a polite letter.  Include a copy of the notice you received.  Request him to dismiss the case because the venue is incorrect, because you don't do business in xx city, and that you've never been to that city.  

Mention that Mr. Buyer purchased from you over the internet, that
you've tried to work out a solution, and Mr. Buyer has repeatedly
threatened you.  

I'm sure there's a template on the web somewhere.  Or someone here can provide better verbiage.  

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 9:02:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
After reading his responses, I'm not so sure this fella should be owning guns.  Sounds like he's a fucking loon.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 10:11:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like the type of guy who would badger an employee untill they give him a refund,even when he's wrong.

This is why the customer is not always right. Sadly there are people like this. Time to Teach him a life lesson.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 10:15:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Retarded advice. He's basically saying you can refuse to create joinder with the shipping company even though you shipped it. That is now how the real world works.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It may be late...but always put the words "FOB Seller" in the description and shipping information.

FOB is a shipping term for "Free On Board". It means that the sale took place the minute you accepted cash and your part ended when you submitted it to the shipper.

If the buyer didn't specify they wanted it insured, they should have said so and they should have requested insurance charges be added to the shipping costs.

FOB means, "shipping problems are YOUR problems, not mine. Buyer took possession at the point of sale."

Great advice.

"Retarded"???

That's how corporate America works. Buyer paid for shipping, buyer took possession at point of sale. That's what the age-old term FOB (Free On Board) means. It started with maritime freight but has since been extended to any form of land, sea, or air transport. Call ANY shipping company and they'll tell you the same You've obviously never worked in a purchasing department before.

FOB is written into a sales agreement to determine where the ownership, and liability responsibility, for the goods transfers from the seller to the buyer. FOB, stands for "free on board" so there is no line item payment by the buyer for the cost of getting the goods onto the transport. There are two possibilities: "FOB Origin", or "FOB Destination". "FOB Origin" means the transfer occurs as soon as the goods are safely on board the transport. "FOB Destination" means the transfer occurs the moment the goods are removed from the transport at the destination. "FOB Origin" (also sometimes phrased as "FOB Shipping" or "FOB Shipping Point") indicates that the sale is considered complete at the seller's shipping dock, and thus the buyer of the goods is responsible for freight costs and liability during transport. With "FOB Destination", the sale is complete at the buyer's doorstep and the seller is responsible for freight costs and liability during transport.[6][7]

Now, if you'd like to show us you're "retarded" some more, I'll wait...
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 10:27:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've sold a bunch of stuff on Gunbroker and haven't had any issues. Someone other than yourself screwed the gun up, just keep your money and walk away. What gun did you sell and how valuable? If you have any pictures of gun packed or receipts for packing material keep them. Guy should have paid for insurance. Write down all dates and times that you talked to these guys and what they said on that date.
View Quote

Had something similar happen to us.  Long process with Gunbroker, but they sided w/ us and we took the negative feedback and kept the money.  In our case, we described the condition of a gun made in the 1960s and took very good pictures.   It sold for a song and was in very good condition for it's age.  Buyer gets it, decides the stock isn't perfect (two dents we photo graphed), and the 1/4 crack we showed has now grown to over 6 inches (he didn't send pictures).  He demands we replace the stock - uhmmm...1960, hello.  We advise him to ship it back and we'll refund once we get it.  He never does and files w/ gunbroker citing that we refused a refund.

Gunbroker isn't ebay/paypal.  Hopefully some buyers realize that a single negative feedback is a better indication of an a-hole than a dishonest seller.

If you find someone has less than 10 feedback ratings, run away...it's just safer.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 11:17:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Like others have said, fuck that guy.

I guarantee you he hasn't contacted anyone. He's just trying to bully you into getting his money back after HE damaged the gun.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 11:24:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Had something similar happen to us.  Long process with Gunbroker, but they sided w/ us and we took the negative feedback and kept the money.  In our case, we described the condition of a gun made in the 1960s and took very good pictures.   It sold for a song and was in very good condition for it's age.  Buyer gets it, decides the stock isn't perfect (two dents we photo graphed), and the 1/4 crack we showed has now grown to over 6 inches (he didn't send pictures).  He demands we replace the stock - uhmmm...1960, hello.  We advise him to ship it back and we'll refund once we get it.  He never does and files w/ gunbroker citing that we refused a refund.

Gunbroker isn't ebay/paypal.  Hopefully some buyers realize that a single negative feedback is a better indication of an a-hole than a dishonest seller.

If you find someone has less than 10 feedback ratings, run away...it's just safer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've sold a bunch of stuff on Gunbroker and haven't had any issues. Someone other than yourself screwed the gun up, just keep your money and walk away. What gun did you sell and how valuable? If you have any pictures of gun packed or receipts for packing material keep them. Guy should have paid for insurance. Write down all dates and times that you talked to these guys and what they said on that date.

I'll go along with that.
I have bought from some A++ stellar sellers and if they sell there long enough someone will give negative feedback on them.
There is an asshole in every group unfortanately.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 12:02:36 PM EDT
[#15]
We'll I got call from ATF Macon  GA office today. Yes it was really them. The agent explained why he was calling. Told me upfront I wasn't in trouble and discussed shipping. After he finished, I explained my side. He seemed satisfied and inquired about the number of guns I sold on line and frequency. Told him this was the first of three. He told me to get an FFL if I sold each week and he would help me with the process if I was interested which I'm not.

His relaxed demeanor and line of questions indicated to me that he was experienced and knew just what to ask. He knew about me before he ever called based on the types of "casual conversation" .

Hey he was doing his job and gave me his direct line if I had questions in the future.

Now I am dreading that call from the mayor.

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 12:45:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 1:01:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
We'll I got call from ATF Macon  GA office today. Yes it was really them. The agent explained why he was calling. Told me upfront I wasn't in trouble and discussed shipping. After he finished, I explained my side. He seemed satisfied and inquired about the number of guns I sold on line and frequency. Told him this was the first of three. He told me to get an FFL if I sold each week and he would help me with the process if I was interested which I'm not.

His relaxed demeanor and line of questions indicated to me that he was experienced and knew just what to ask. He knew about me before he ever called based on the types of "casual conversation" .

Hey he was doing his job and gave me his direct line if I had questions in the future.

View Quote

Well... I didn't expect that. Just to confirm, what do you mean by "he seemed satisfied?" What further action, if any, do you expect?

I'm also guessing you haven't refunded him?

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 1:04:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

ATF is more concerned about you being an unlicensed dealer instead of a crappy shipper.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#19]
No I didn't refund his money once the threats started. As far as I know they have concluded their involvement. Yes they were more concerned about me being an unlicensed dealer.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 2:27:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Nobody can make you do anything so don't bend when mayor butt buddy calls.  You sold a gun.  An FFL received it.  The dude inspected it and accepted transfer.  You have money and now he has his own property.  Let the mayor call and tell him "No thank you, I don't accept calls from solicitors."
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 2:31:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

"Retarded"???

That's how corporate America works.
Horseshit.
In seven years and over 14,000 firearms I've yet to receive one that was shipped FOB Origin or FOB Destination........whether widgets at your company were shipped that way is immaterial to the OP.

Buyer paid for shipping, buyer took possession at point of sale. That's what the age-old term FOB (Free On Board) means. It started with maritime freight but has since been extended to any form of land, sea, or air transport. Call ANY shipping company and they'll tell you the same You've obviously never worked in a purchasing department before.
Buyer didn't arrange shipping, the seller did. If the sellers packaging resulted in damage to the item then he bears liability.

What's real retarded sir, is thinking the terms "FOB ORIGIN" or "FOB DESTINATION" somehow insulate the shipper/seller from any responsibility as to the condition of the goods received. Unless the terms of sale are pretty damn specific and detail exactly how claims for damage are handled you'll come off looking even more retarded.

Since you worked in purchasing the below must ring a bell:
http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hub/1987/file-18496826-pdf/docs/fob_definition.pdf
QUICK REFERENCE| MEANING OF THE TERMS OF SALE
FOB Origin
Buyer -- Pays freight charges
Buyer -- Bears freight charges
Buyer -- Owns goods in transit
Buyer -- Files claims (if any)
FOB Origin, Freight Collect
FOB Origin, Freight Prepaid
Seller -- Pays freight charges
Seller -- Bears freight charges
FOB Origin, Freight Prepaid & Add
FOB Destination
Seller -- Owns goods in transit
Seller -- Files claims (if any)
FOB Destination, Freight Collect
FOB Destination, Freight Collect & Allow
FOB Destination, Freight Prepaid

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great advice.

"Retarded"???

That's how corporate America works.
Horseshit.
In seven years and over 14,000 firearms I've yet to receive one that was shipped FOB Origin or FOB Destination........whether widgets at your company were shipped that way is immaterial to the OP.

Buyer paid for shipping, buyer took possession at point of sale. That's what the age-old term FOB (Free On Board) means. It started with maritime freight but has since been extended to any form of land, sea, or air transport. Call ANY shipping company and they'll tell you the same You've obviously never worked in a purchasing department before.
Buyer didn't arrange shipping, the seller did. If the sellers packaging resulted in damage to the item then he bears liability.

What's real retarded sir, is thinking the terms "FOB ORIGIN" or "FOB DESTINATION" somehow insulate the shipper/seller from any responsibility as to the condition of the goods received. Unless the terms of sale are pretty damn specific and detail exactly how claims for damage are handled you'll come off looking even more retarded.

Since you worked in purchasing the below must ring a bell:
http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hub/1987/file-18496826-pdf/docs/fob_definition.pdf
QUICK REFERENCE| MEANING OF THE TERMS OF SALE
FOB Origin
FOB Origin, Freight Collect
FOB Origin, Freight Prepaid
FOB Origin, Freight Prepaid & Add
FOB Destination
FOB Destination, Freight Collect
FOB Destination, Freight Collect & Allow
FOB Destination, Freight Prepaid

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 6:59:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 11:03:01 PM EDT
[#23]
I would call atf and tell them the buyer sounds like a kook and shouldn't own firearms.

But then, I wouldn't...
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 9:36:23 AM EDT
[#24]
I think my favorite part was when dude threatened the OP with social media

Link Posted: 7/15/2015 11:17:54 PM EDT
[#25]
So, do we get an update or does this tale fall into the ARFcom abyss of unsolved stories?
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 6:52:49 AM EDT
[#26]
No updates at this time. Buyer attempted to call me. I did not have my phone on me at time of call but I did not return the call. No message left.
I did speak to an attorney. He seems to think, buyer crossed the line possible defamation (my term) or something similar. He also indicated that under my states shipping laws the buyer assumes responsibility for package when the carrier (FedEx) delivers package to his dealer and it was accepted.

This was just more of an informal conversation than anything. I was there to set up a will for my families sake.  I told the attorney that I was not a vindictive person and choose to not pursue action against buyer if this stops here. If Buyer  chooses to continue, I may change my mind. I have college to pay for right now. Not really looking to spend a couple grand to throw stones back at a person that acts like this.

Most of the time forbearance is the best choice but not the easiest.

Thanks for asking.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:00:06 PM EDT
[#27]
OP sorry to hear your email got hacked, I'm sure it wasn't you posting Niko's information online for ARFCOM vengeance....
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:45:29 PM EDT
[#28]
This is cut and dried to me.

You shipped it well-packaged and the shipment was signed for and accepted by the FFL.  Period.  Shipper sent and receiver signed for it.  Done deal.

It's now on the FFL and the buyer.  Let him bluster all he wants...
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 1:02:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
OP sorry to hear your email got hacked, I'm sure it wasn't you posting Niko's information online for ARFCOM vengeance....
View Quote

No vengeance please!
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 7:32:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Updates?
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 8:21:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

ATF is more concerned about you being an unlicensed dealer instead of a crappy shipper.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I certainly did not think the buyer would have contacted the ATF.
Better keep an eye on this guy because he's a true loose cannon.

As far as the ATF or selling guns.
Let's say you were getting up in age and decided to sell 20-25 firearms because you are past the point of wanting or shooting them.
Would you actually have to go thru an ffl to sell that many on GB or even become an ffl??
You are not a dealer but just an individual wanting to sell his guns.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:59:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Any further shenanigans?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:04:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
As far as the ATF or selling guns.
Let's say you were getting up in age and decided to sell 20-25 firearms because you are past the point of wanting or shooting them.
Would you actually have to go thru an ffl to sell that many on GB or even become an ffl??
You are not a dealer but just an individual wanting to sell his guns.
View Quote

ATF is concerned about the repetitive buying and selling of guns with the intent to profit from that activity. If you do this you are engaged in the business of dealing in firearms and would need to be licensed. Note that ATF doesn't give a hoot if you actually make a profit, its the repetitive buying and selling that they will focus on.

Anyone can sell their personal collection no matter how many guns. The problems occur when you buy and sell repeatedly. There is no magic number of how many you can buy/sell/trade in a specific period......it's ATF's call. While you might eventually beat the charge, it will cost you $$$$$$$.

There is a guy who occasional rents tables at gunshows in the Dallas area. He has a sign on his table with his "nickname" and the caption "I buy guns". He also has business cards printed with his name and "I buy gun collections large and small". He came up to me and asked for a "dealer discount" on one of my guns. The problem is he isn't a licensed dealer, but is engaging in the business of dealing in firearms.
I fully expect ATF to yank him out of his seat before long.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The problem is he isn't a licensed dealer, but is engaging in the business of dealing in firearms.
View Quote

Honestly I would think that's a "good" use of ATF resources, but clearly they don't GAF because these guys are all over in plain sight!  E.g. gunb0rker sellers with 2000 feedback and no FFL  Why hassle the guy selling a handful of guns when 100 guys selling a handful every HOUR are skating by??????
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:32:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Honestly I would think that's a "good" use of ATF resources, but clearly they don't GAF because these guys are all over in plain sight!  E.g. gunb0rker sellers with 2000 feedback and no FFL  Why hassle the guy selling a handful of guns when 100 guys selling a handful every HOUR are skating by??????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The problem is he isn't a licensed dealer, but is engaging in the business of dealing in firearms.

Frankly, I dont think there should be an FFL or licensing as a 2A issue....but it is the law. And until the law changes, unlicensed dealers can only bring negative publicity.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:49:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It's that a street sweeper?

Aren't they DD's?
View Quote

As I understand it they were built from Street Sweeper parts as a way to use up the parts and get them out of inventory. Clever idea but just like the original Street Sweeper poor execution.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:07:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I certainly did not think the buyer would have contacted the ATF.
View Quote

You would be amazed at how many people contact ATF over customer service issues, civil issues, family court (divorce) issues... and ATF can ignore them all.

I also hope the OP not only updates this thread but posts the GB username of the douchebag buyer, as I'd like to add him to my "Blocked Bidders" list.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:16:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I also hope the OP not only updates this thread but posts the GB username of the douchebag buyer, as I'd like to add him to my "Blocked Bidders" list.
View Quote

OP linked the auction on page 1.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:24:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We can see the seller but not the buyer . I also would like to block the buyer.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:47:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sign in to GB first.  Then it shows both.  

ETA: OP needs to leave F- feedback for this buyer so no one else gets screwed!
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:07:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Not sure why the neckbeard drama amuses me.
View Quote

So now anyone that sells a gun or gun part is a neckbeard. Maybe you can start a thread about how it is not fair that he is selling a gun for a profit sinc you want one and can't get one.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:13:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Here is his latest email response.

"We contacted Fed-ex again and spoke with multiple departments. The information that we receive is the same from all of them. The SELLER must file the claim. Any money award from a claim goes to the SELLER. That is the official policy and there is no way around it.

Here's the deal. I have shown pictures and have actually taken the box to Fed-Ex and shown it to them. Your packing job was clearly inadequate. You used a previously used box, that was too small and too light weight for that weapon, and you know it. In addition, you gave no instructions about handling the box (please show me where you wrote "fragile" or anything to that effect on it). You didn't even bother to ensure it, which I find mind-boggling. You don't want to file a claim because you know that you can't possibly prevail.

I think everyone would have to agree that if there is any innocent party here it has to be me. Whether you, Fed-Ex, or Howard's is ultimately to blame, there is no way it could be me. In spite of that, I am the one being forced to take the fall for this.

Here is what's going to happen.

I have already contacted the ATF about you and sent them pictures depicting how carelessly you ship extremely lethal weapons. They were quite interested. I trust you will be hearing from them. I have contacted Gunbroker's. They appear to be about as reputable as you are so I doubt they will do much. I intend, however, it use social media to the hilt to pass along the word about you. If I can determine even remotely that anyone MIGHT consider doing business with you then I will be contacting them.

It's not about the money anymore. I can afford the lesson. It's the principle of the thing. I will not tolerate being cheated.

When I get tired of doing this, I am going to take you to court. I don't mind coming down there...no big deal. Because I don't know if the gun was EVER functional (I'm supposed to take your word for that? You have clearly demonstrated how trustworthy you are), you may also be guilty of fraud (multiple varieties...fraud in advertising, mail fraud and wire fraud). Let's let the Court decide.

I don't care what it costs me as long as it costs you more."

Sent from my iPad

I sent him the FedEx Claim form website with the online form. I spoke to FedEx customer service. They say that firearms, pharmaceuticals, alcohol, and other sensitive items are screened closer than your standard box of what ever. The drivers load their own trucks and check the boxes as they load them noting any damage that they may see. The airport handlers and hub employees supposedly note any damage to boxes they may encounter as well. The driver or the recipient would have noticed a huge hole in the box like the one depicted in the photos provided by the buyer.

Please note that the box was brand new. I purchase large quantities of boxes from Boxes Ect for a small business I run. I also purchase packing materials. I have shipped thousands of boxes and only had one issue. Recipient cut the box with box cutter and cut the contents inside.

I offered to take the gun back when he told me that no damage was found on the box. The store employee concurred that no damage was noted on the box. However, after a couple of hours passing the buyer then says he misspoke and sends me a picture of a softball size hole in the box, I felt like he was being dishonest and trying to pull something over on me.

Today I sent two more guns off to customers. Guess what? I took them to my FFL and paid him to transfer them with insurance on the shipping. No more direct shipping to the FFL for me.

I told my FFL about this issue. He says they always check the boxes while the driver is there. Sometimes the driver points out things as he delivers the packages.

I hope my experience will be helpful to others who use an online auction service.  
View Quote

At this point I would cut all contacts with him since he has thrown that he will sue you.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:19:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

At this point I would cut all contacts with him since he has thrown that he will sue you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here is his latest email response.

"We contacted Fed-ex again and spoke with multiple departments. The information that we receive is the same from all of them. The SELLER must file the claim. Any money award from a claim goes to the SELLER. That is the official policy and there is no way around it.

Here's the deal. I have shown pictures and have actually taken the box to Fed-Ex and shown it to them. Your packing job was clearly inadequate. You used a previously used box, that was too small and too light weight for that weapon, and you know it. In addition, you gave no instructions about handling the box (please show me where you wrote "fragile" or anything to that effect on it). You didn't even bother to ensure it, which I find mind-boggling. You don't want to file a claim because you know that you can't possibly prevail.

I think everyone would have to agree that if there is any innocent party here it has to be me. Whether you, Fed-Ex, or Howard's is ultimately to blame, there is no way it could be me. In spite of that, I am the one being forced to take the fall for this.

Here is what's going to happen.

I have already contacted the ATF about you and sent them pictures depicting how carelessly you ship extremely lethal weapons. They were quite interested. I trust you will be hearing from them. I have contacted Gunbroker's. They appear to be about as reputable as you are so I doubt they will do much. I intend, however, it use social media to the hilt to pass along the word about you. If I can determine even remotely that anyone MIGHT consider doing business with you then I will be contacting them.

It's not about the money anymore. I can afford the lesson. It's the principle of the thing. I will not tolerate being cheated.

When I get tired of doing this, I am going to take you to court. I don't mind coming down there...no big deal. Because I don't know if the gun was EVER functional (I'm supposed to take your word for that? You have clearly demonstrated how trustworthy you are), you may also be guilty of fraud (multiple varieties...fraud in advertising, mail fraud and wire fraud). Let's let the Court decide.

I don't care what it costs me as long as it costs you more."

Sent from my iPad

I sent him the FedEx Claim form website with the online form. I spoke to FedEx customer service. They say that firearms, pharmaceuticals, alcohol, and other sensitive items are screened closer than your standard box of what ever. The drivers load their own trucks and check the boxes as they load them noting any damage that they may see. The airport handlers and hub employees supposedly note any damage to boxes they may encounter as well. The driver or the recipient would have noticed a huge hole in the box like the one depicted in the photos provided by the buyer.

Please note that the box was brand new. I purchase large quantities of boxes from Boxes Ect for a small business I run. I also purchase packing materials. I have shipped thousands of boxes and only had one issue. Recipient cut the box with box cutter and cut the contents inside.

I offered to take the gun back when he told me that no damage was found on the box. The store employee concurred that no damage was noted on the box. However, after a couple of hours passing the buyer then says he misspoke and sends me a picture of a softball size hole in the box, I felt like he was being dishonest and trying to pull something over on me.

Today I sent two more guns off to customers. Guess what? I took them to my FFL and paid him to transfer them with insurance on the shipping. No more direct shipping to the FFL for me.

I told my FFL about this issue. He says they always check the boxes while the driver is there. Sometimes the driver points out things as he delivers the packages.

I hope my experience will be helpful to others who use an online auction service.  

Correct.
Once someone starts talking like that to me I cease all communication with them and IF they do have an attorney get in touch with me then at that point I would hire an attorney to deal with his hired gun.
What a massive butt fuck the OP sell has become.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:23:03 AM EDT
[#44]
I had one of these! It was a ton of fun. I sold a Mag 7 shotgun on GB for $800. Buyer called 2 days after he took possession from his dealer and was raising holy hell that it was broken. Asked if box was damaged, he said no. Sent pictures and I could see where he had disassembled and reassembled it incorrectly. I offered to walk him through putting it back together properly and he wasn't having any. Wanted a full refund and for me to pay shipping costs. I told him to kiss my ass. Oh how he threatened, he claimed he would call the DEA, ATF, FBI, CIA, NSA, Sheriffs office, City cops, Costco, dollar tree. My response to his threats was to ignore him, best reply is no reply. Been almost a year now and haven't heard from anyone including him.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:34:42 AM EDT
[#45]
God I hate people, especially cheap, shady people which there seems to be a ton of in the firearms community.  I have been contemplating selling off some of my excess stuff that I never shoot during the next panic/rush but shit like this makes me think even then it wouldn't be worth the hassle.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:12:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Seeing as this guy (the buyer) is apparently a Dr., Think you will find he will call everybody and anyone that will listen that he can bitch to, he may even hire an attorney.
However... Since this would fall into small claims court, which he would have to file where you live... It would mean he would have to fly there and represent himself
(ie: no attorney)

Not gonna happen.   I deal with Doc's all day long, they can be MAJOR assholes when they don't get what they want. Most really do have god complex's, however they
also do not like to leave there sphere of influence which they would be doing by flying elsewhere and appearing before a judge where they would have NO power or
pull whatsoever.

The odds of him coming to you to sue are 1 in a 100. He will do everything else in his power to make your life miserable, regardless of what really happened, you did
not cede to his "authority" which pissed him off.

I've seen what Doctor's do to nurses and am amazed they more of them don't get stabbed/shot/beaten by a nurse they pushed over the edge.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:36:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted: I deal with Doc's all day long, they can be MAJOR assholes when they don't get what they want. Most really do have god complex's.....
View Quote

I find it interesting you have noted that, too.

Do you know which profession among private pilots has the highest accident rate when flying private aircraft?   I guess the "God complex" among doctors carries over into the cockpit.  Too bad the laws of physics don't give a crap about a doctor's "godly" skills......
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Feedback doesn't mean a thing. Some people sell accessories or ammo. Also how do you know he isn't an ffl?  Not all dealers use the ffl icon on gunbroker. Many dont
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Seeing as this guy (the buyer) is apparently a Dr., Think you will find he will call everybody and anyone that will listen that he can bitch to, he may even hire an attorney.
However... Since this would fall into small claims court, which he would have to file where you live... It would mean he would have to fly there and represent himself
(ie: no attorney)

Not gonna happen.   I deal with Doc's all day long, they can be MAJOR assholes when they don't get what they want. Most really do have god complex's, however they
also do not like to leave there sphere of influence which they would be doing by flying elsewhere and appearing before a judge where they would have NO power or
pull whatsoever.

The odds of him coming to you to sue are 1 in a 100. He will do everything else in his power to make your life miserable, regardless of what really happened, you did
not cede to his "authority" which pissed him off.

I've seen what Doctor's do to nurses and am amazed they more of them don't get stabbed/shot/beaten by a nurse they pushed over the edge.

View Quote

They're a minority.

But they're so loud and brash and irritating that the reinforcement they do to the stereotype makes us all look bad.

There are now systems in place to deal with people like that and they're a dying breed.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:01:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I did not put customer's name on box. I put the FFL copy with customers name in an envelope in the box so how did they know what box belonged to him?
View Quote

Return address?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top