Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2015 1:48:07 AM EDT
Was this covered before?  I'm not surprised that the government (including R's) want to increase taxes or make new taxes.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/internet-tax-bill-highlights-brewing-battle-over-online-sales-taxes/article/2565837

As soon as next week, House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, will introduce the Remote Transaction Parity Act, which would allow states to require remote Internet retailers to collect sales taxes on online purchases.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:58:57 AM EDT
[#1]
When were listening to AM radio   post doomsday .. I will be in my rocking chair  bitching about   .  I miss my MTV .......
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:34:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm against it, but they've neither increased taxes or created new taxes. In most states I'm aware of, you are responsible for paying local sales taxes on internet purchase from out of state. This bill will require businesses to collect all local taxes from their buyers and distribute it to the appropriate parties.

I'm strongly against it, as I run a business with 100% sales coming from online and 99.5% out of state. Just wanted to clarify that.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:36:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Failure to pay tax on internet purchases is illegal.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:55:09 AM EDT
[#4]
More bullshit legislation to rob Americans of their money.  They pretend it will level the playing field for antiquated "mom and pop" shops, but it's really just another way to grow government revenue.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:00:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
More bullshit legislation to rob Americans of their money.  They pretend it will level the playing field for antiquated "mom and pop" shops, but it's really just another way to grow government revenue.
View Quote

And make some poor sucker in Michigan responsible for collecting and sending cash to Texas.  This will work really well.......

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:01:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is true.

The trick is - Business Nexus. That is the phrase to look for...
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:07:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Neat.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:43:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Felony?  Subject to a good beating if caught?

Maybe handcuff you, strap you in a chair, and gouge your eye sockets?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 4:25:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

And make some poor sucker in Michigan responsible for collecting and sending cash to Texas.  This will work really well.......

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It will probably be very burdensome and will only increase taxes at a later date I imagine.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 4:34:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Politicians will never stop finding ways to reach into citizens subjects pockets
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 4:38:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I bet you're fun at parties.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top