Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 7/8/2015 1:34:40 AM EDT

Its been a decade, but still not the Glock killer we were all expecting.

Discuss.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:35:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Shitty trigger that can be fixed with a $300 trigger kit.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:38:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I carry mine daily. I dont like Glocks, doesnt feel right in my hand, seems bigger than necessary. I still think my M&P should be more accurate though. Maybe its me, dunno, I only ever shot it in self defense type training scenarios.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:39:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

NO

https://store.apextactical.com/WebDirect/Products/Category?categoryId=20

From $40 to $160 depending on exactly what you want to fix.

Edit, the newer production ones are better, I forget how to identify them, but its a visual check.
Edit 2 : the giveaway is a cutout with a little rectangular filler plug where the safety would be on a manual safety model. Compare OP's picture(an early production)to this:

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:40:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson2/upload/images/firearms/zoom_lg/109201_01_lg.jpg

Its been a decade, but still not the Glock killer we were all expecting.

Discuss.
View Quote

I sell way more M&Ps than Glocks.

Their trigger is worse but the ergonomics are honestly so much better it's sad.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:40:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

That, but I EDC a Shield 9mm with an Apex trigger and it's the perfect carry gun. I'd EDC my 19, but that fucker is heavy.

ETA: what is this $300 trigger you speak of? Or are we talking about Zev now?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:40:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote
This is why I don't own one. Lots of other options when you look at the combined price.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:41:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't have any personal experience with M&Ps, but I sold all my glocks and moved into XDM and XDS.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:42:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, when you lose MAJOR LEO contracts because your pistol fails repeatedly, the educated public stay away from your product.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:43:51 AM EDT
[#9]
it went wrong when you didn't buy an XD.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:44:00 AM EDT
[#10]
I will not discuss just because you tell me to.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:47:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I own no Glocks, but I do have several M&P's.  I have no idea what you're talking about.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:47:32 AM EDT
[#12]
It's competition (glock) has been around for many years and is a good product.

What features do the M&Ps offer than would make somebody who already had a glock, holsters, mags, familiarity, and training with the platform switch?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:48:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Meh love mine hate glocks...
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:56:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Haven't shot mine enough to hate the trigger yet. No.....it's not the best but the damn thing fits my hand like a glove.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:57:06 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

FPNI. I returned to Glock
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:58:33 AM EDT
[#16]
I sold the only one I had, it wasn't enough better ergo wise for me, had a trigger that would make a Glock blush and shot all over the place.

Now, the HK VP9, that's another story, accurate, great ergos, great trigger, incredibly easy for almost anyone to shoot well. Other than "It's an HK" and mags are hard to find, there's really nothing not to love about it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:58:57 AM EDT
[#17]
They left so much room in the market that Sig and HK, the hammer fired kings, introduced striker fired guns.

I think the triggers are about the same as Glocks.  Ergos smoke a Glock but the accuracy on the full size 9mm models sucks.

Then along comes the VP9.  For a few dollars more you get a much higher quality product with even better ergos and accuracy, and a stellar trigger.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:59:20 AM EDT
[#18]
I couldn't get over how bad the trigger was, sold it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:02:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I don't have any personal experience with M&Ps, but I sold all my glocks and moved into XDM and XDS.
View Quote

I own all three, the xdm is the best of the bunch however there's more going on that I'd like.

I do have a M&P full apex, it's better than a stock MP or glock - the XDM is very close in handling other than the stupid grip feel.  Some of that grip fast stuff changes it real quick

I like that glocks shoot a bit low (training) if you're not used to it - my end result is glock
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:02:36 AM EDT
[#20]
I like them.

No worries about shooting lead, for one thing.  For another, no finger grooves and a trigger guard that doesn't get in the way.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:02:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Because it's not a S&W 5906.

EDIT:

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:02:58 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote

and manual safety, magazine safety, and integrated locks.

Here why I didn't get one. Lots and lots of different models of the same model. I want one without manual safety, without magazine safety, and without integrated locks. It was so hard for me to find the information I was looking for so I gave up on getting one.  

S&W need a better naming system for their M&P to tell them apart.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:05:34 AM EDT
[#23]
I've been happy with mine, but the 15 dollar Magpul Glock mags are tempting me to pick up a G19.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:06:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Well, when you lose MAJOR LEO contracts because your pistol fails repeatedly, the educated public stay away from your product.
View Quote

Wait really?  Link?

I guess there was a reason I sold my CORE!
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:07:06 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Here why I didn't get one. Lots and lots of different models of the same model. I want one without manual safety, without magazine safety, and without integrated locks. It was so hard for me to find the information I was looking for so I gave up on getting one.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They could just call the bastardized one the Diet M&P or something
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:08:56 AM EDT
[#26]
At least it wasn't an XD.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:09:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What features do the M&Ps offer than would make somebody who already had a glock, holsters, mags, familiarity, and training with the platform switch?
View Quote

The ergonomics, ambi controls, steel sights, manual safety option, and Glock QC issues.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:10:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you don't want to discuss M&Ps, then you must fap to Hill-Dawg.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:10:44 AM EDT
[#29]
The VP9 is the glock killer.  I'm trying to decide between another VP9 or another suppressor.  

I have a very early model m&p 45.  I hate the trigger.  Long take-up, never quite sure when it is going to break, and squishy reset.  I have had the apex kit, and the armorer's block, but I still haven't been motivated enough to install it.
That being said, the M&P45 has never given me trouble, other than the mags constantly rusting.  I live in AZ so that's saying something....
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:13:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

That was a huge headache trying to find the "right" M&P and having a gun shop hunt by going through lines of SKUs.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:20:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a shield with an Apex trigger. I like it a lot for what it is, a single stack 9mm.

I installed apex triggers in my dads full sized .45 and compact 9mm. They're ok. Living in MA is choices are very limited.

I would take my VP9 any day of the week.

There, are you happy?  FHRC
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:25:35 AM EDT
[#32]
I like M&P9, Shield and Bodyguard, shot a lot of Glocks but just don't like them.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:31:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

found the peasant
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:34:09 AM EDT
[#34]
I hate the feeling of the hinged trigger.  The feedback on your finger is just awful.  Sure you can replace it, but I'm not wild about having to replace parts on a pistol out of the box.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:36:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The VP9 is the glock killer.  I'm trying to decide between another VP9 or another suppressor.  

I have a very early model m&p 45.  I hate the trigger.  Long take-up, never quite sure when it is going to break, and squishy reset.  I have had the apex kit, and the armorer's block, but I still haven't been motivated enough to install it.
That being said, the M&P45 has never given me trouble, other than the mags constantly rusting.  I live in AZ so that's saying something....
View Quote

Not even close. VP9 will be long gone and Glocks will still be here. I remember when the XD and M&P were the glock killers.....
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:36:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I carry mine daily. I dont like Glocks, doesnt feel right in my hand, seems bigger than necessary. I still think my M&P should be more accurate though. Maybe its me, dunno, I only ever shot it in self defense type training scenarios.
View Quote

Mine is dead nuts accurate.

Try feeding it some different ammo. Every gun barrel picks its own favorite ammo.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:37:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The ergonomics, ambi controls, steel sights, manual safety option, and Glock QC issues.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What QC issues are you making up in your head?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:38:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

lol okay bro
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:40:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

My Apex trigger kit and sear was along the lines of $130.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:48:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wanted to buy a Glock just to have an icon, but every time I had one in my hands I changed my mind.

I held an M&P9 and knew within one second that I was going to buy it.

I'm even thinking about buying another one. I won't need to finger-fuck it at the gun counter for five minutes, just point one out and pay for it.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:48:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Try feeding it some different ammo. Every gun barrel picks its own favorite ammo.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I dont know if its me, It sure as hell seems to clear right up with my carry ammo, 147gr Hornady XTP. After 30 yards or so it seems to pattern with Wolf, Winchester White box, Blazer brass, Federal 115gr and 147gr. What does yours prefer that is on the cheap, plinking end?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:51:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2 G3 G19s, 1 G3 G17, and 1 G4 G19 that would throw brass to the face, and the most erratic ejection. The G4 G19 was fixed with a 30274 ejector, but still weak-ass ejection.
G4 G26 that had a bad recoil spring out the box, and a G3 G19 that had an oversized extractor out the box. Granted these ran fine with replacement parts.

The other ones never gave me issues, but I no longer have the trust that a Glock 9mm is going to function properly out of the box.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:07:40 AM EDT
[#43]
There are many guns currently better than Glocks. That doesn't mean anything.

Who has the most powerful sales teams? Glock has them beat by a mile.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:18:40 AM EDT
[#44]
The 9mm's have had a history of both design (new barrels) and supply (magazine availability) issues that did the gun no favors against the momentum Glock built over the years.

Ergo's are good, but many folks don't like the trigger at all. Sure, you can spend $130 to upgrade but that isn't something that engenders folks to buy.

Now that there is a newer generation of striker fired guns coming out (VP9, PPQ, etc.) that feature great ergos and triggers, the M&P is lost between the institution that is Glock and the newer designs.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:18:40 AM EDT
[#45]
double
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:21:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
There are many guns currently better than Glocks. That doesn't mean anything.

Who has the most powerful sales teams? Glock has them beat by a mile.
View Quote

Read the book Glock: The rise of Americas gun. Yea it's a stupid title but interesting. Glock used to wine and dine the fuck out of people. It was crazy. I'm sure they still do, just not to the same extent.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:26:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Indeed. I own a Glock, 2 M&P's and an XD. The pistol on my hip everyday is the XD
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:39:03 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Indeed. I own a Glock, 2 M&P's and an XD. The pistol on my hip everyday is the XD
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:39:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:41:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top