Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2015 12:43:18 AM EDT
http://www.king5.com/story/news/local/seattle/2015/07/07/seattle-may-consider-more-education-about-transgendered/29845041/

The Seattle Office for Civil Rights briefly updated a city council committee Tuesday on a proposal that would require city buildings and businesses with public use single-stall bathrooms to label them gender-neutral.

"Even in this city hall we have had instances where users of the City Hall have been offended by an individual or individuals who have chosen a bathroom of their choice which is their absolute right"

"We have on our plate to develop a gender equity 101 training and this is for city employees who routinely ask for guidance on how we address and best serve customers who are transgender and non-conforming."

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:46:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Not this bathroom shit again.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:49:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Some one please indicate the part of the "Bill of Rights" that cover this.

Not that I am against considerations/concessions for alternate life styles... (God knows I do not want to see something like this at the urinal next to me) I just don't see where "rights" apply in such a case.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:52:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not that I am against considerations/concessions for alternate life styles... (God knows I do not want to see something like this at the urinal next to me) I just don't see where "rights" apply in such a case.
View Quote

Only State give you rights, Tovarich.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:53:53 AM EDT
[#4]
gender non-conforming community members
View Quote

Emphasis on non-conforming. If you don't conform to social norms, you deal with the social consequences.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:54:36 AM EDT
[#5]
The South Park episode on this was pure gold.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:55:45 AM EDT
[#6]
The best of luck in your quest op.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:58:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Emphasis on non-conforming. If you don't conform to social norms, you deal with the social consequences.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
gender non-conforming community members

Good point

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:59:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am an American by birth. My family came over from Bavaria in 1740.  I am not Russian or a Communist thank you!
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:01:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The best of luck in your quest op.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:02:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I am and American by birth. My family came over from Bavaria in 1740.  I am not Russian or a Communist thank you!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am and American by birth. My family came over from Bavaria in 1740.  I am not Russian or a Communist thank you!

Where in PA did they settle?  Mine came about the same time from Hesse.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:17:20 AM EDT
[#11]
OP  the fishnets are not you.........
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:20:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My first EBR, a FAL, came from Hesse.

Biggest POS in the history of the universe.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:28:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In Pennsylvania but not sure specifically where, I do know the name of the ship he came on... and in my case ended up in Missouri.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:39:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:42:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Every business in the country will soon be under threat of a lawsuit if they do not provide seperate bathrooms for transgender or whatever the term of the day is. Many lawyers will make lots and lots of money. Will cost everyone money one way or another.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:49:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Every business in the country will soon be under threat of a Le suit if they do not provide desperate bathrooms for transgender or whatever the term of the day is. Many lawyers will make lots and lots of money.
View Quote

It will go further than that.  They will get special status and then businesses will need to report exactly how many they have working for them.

All part of the plan...all part of the plan.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:07:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It will go further than that.  They will get special status and then businesses will need to report exactly how many they have working for them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Every business in the country will soon be under threat of a Le suit if they do not provide desperate bathrooms for transgender or whatever the term of the day is. Many lawyers will make lots and lots of money.

I'm wondering at what point do the less politically active gay couples decide they've had enough with the rest of the alphabet crews and the causes lose steam. It makes sense they all rallied under one cause initially, but with this newfound publicity in gender identity and pre pubescent hormone blockers, at some point they are going to lose their base.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:30:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:42:57 AM EDT
[#19]
JFC, what the fuck is up with bathrooms and cakes?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:45:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:05:34 AM EDT
[#21]
If that means he's going to use the ladies room I'm all for it. I wouldn't want that freak standing next to me at the urinal.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:10:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Freakshow
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:15:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

It  has nothing to do with urinals. Only restrooms used by the public with single stalls . Will have no actual affect on anyone.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:34:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It  has nothing to do with urinals. Only restrooms used by the public with single stalls . Will have no actual affect on anyone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Save for the people who do wish to shit next to stranger of the opposite sex.  I'm being asked to cast away what I feel comfortable with to accommodate what nonconformist feel comfortable with?  Does no one see the irony of this?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top