Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 7/7/2015 9:38:56 PM EDT
I have no gain in this, I reserved a 45 but haven't paid squat

But it seems to me, if they are legit, they might provide some decent competition

I can't stand yeti after they raised the price of the hopper for no reason, but do want a new cooler for the boat

Fyi....if anyone is in the market

http://www.rticcoolers.com
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:43:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice!!
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:45:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Coleman Extreme 5 day coolers are almost the equal of the Yeti. Don't overpay.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:46:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

For holding ice, yes. For durability, hell no
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:47:13 PM EDT
[#4]
interesting
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:47:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Am I in before the Illumiyeti?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:56:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:00:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I have always scoffed at YETI, but my sister bought me one of those YETI stainless steel cups and dang if it doesn't work. I said there was no way I would pay for one, but after having it, I will be spending the money on another for the wife.

Hope the RTIC does well too.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:03:26 PM EDT
[#8]
They build boats around Yetis, which means your new RTIC cooler won't fit under your leaning post unless you get a much smaller cooler.

Made in China possibly?

I'm all for a lower cost alternative, absolutely. And since I don't have a boat, I'm definitely interested.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:07:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I treated myself to a Yeti Roadie and I love it.  These are interesting though and I'll probably try a 45 in Earth Brown or Forest Green.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:08:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They build boats around Yetis, which means your new RTIC cooler won't fit under your leaning post unless you get a much smaller cooler.

Made in China possibly?

I'm all for a lower cost alternative, absolutely. And since I don't have a boat, I'm definitely interested.
View Quote

My boat is a 2008, so I just need a cooler that works....I have a standard 24 buck coleman, but a heavier yeti with rubber feet may not slide around as much

Maybe someone will review them before they call in their reservations
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:08:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I like my Pelican.   Those appear to be cheaper than Pelican but don't have the nice lid clasps and solid handles of the Pelicans.

Looks like a beefy cooler tho.   And alot cheaper than a Yeti.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Made in China possibly?

View Quote

What boats are built around yeti coolers? O_o
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:14:00 PM EDT
[#13]
need to make some larger models
this is interesting though and will take some looking into
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:16:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I treated myself to a Yeti Roadie and I love it.  These are interesting though and I'll probably try a 45 in Earth Brown or Forest Green.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:17:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
need to make some larger models
this is interesting though and will take some looking into
View Quote

Boating forum I am on says a 100 is in the works.

I have contacted them about a group buy, if they respond, I will run it by the site mods to see if they will approve
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:17:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have always scoffed at YETI, but my sister bought me one of those YETI stainless steel cups and dang if it doesn't work. I said there was no way I would pay for one, but after having it, I will be spending the money on another for the wife.

View Quote

I gave in a got on of the koozies last week.  Well worth the $30, IMO.

Also gig 'em
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:18:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Just reserved a 65. Thanks OP.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:18:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Also gig 'em
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also gig 'em

Thirty fucking dollars... for a koozie?   Whaaaaaaaat?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:21:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Doz color options doe. I like!
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:22:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

My boat is a 2008, so I just need a cooler that works....I have a standard 24 buck coleman, but a heavier yeti with rubber feet may not slide around as much

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Made in China possibly?

Are you in Florida?

If so there's a guy who travels around the state selling Yeti knockoffs out of a Uhaul for 1/3 of the price.

Everyone I know who has one loves them.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:22:24 PM EDT
[#21]
What kind of stickers are we talking, here? It comes with stickers, right?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:23:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Just reserved a 65. Thanks OP.
View Quote

No worries, hope they turn out legit.....I was about 2 days away from buying an ORCA 26 blemished, and then I saw the 45 in blue for cheaper yet bigger

And to edit my earlier reply looks like a group buy is only able for industry partners/dealers....so guess I will scratch that idea
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:24:39 PM EDT
[#23]
I've had my Yeti 50qt about 7 years.  Practically the month they had
their first AD in Florida Sportsman magazine I bought mine.

It still looks and functions AS NEW!   Buy once cry once.

Oh and I fingered a pelican cooler at Walmart.   The hinges
skin your fingers.   Great gun cases though!
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:25:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Are you in Florida?

If so there's a guy who travels around the state selling Yeti knockoffs out of a Uhaul for 1/3 of the price.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Made in China possibly?

Are you in Florida?

Nope, few hundred miles north up the coast.  But I have heard good things about him on hulltruth

So far I hope rtic makes it, offering 90 day money back, so I should have nothing to lose if they can keep their word
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:56:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Cool. I've wanted the little roadie cooler, but didn't want to shell out 250 bucks for one. I can handle 125 though, so i reserved one. Thanks for the link OP.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:57:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Doz color options doe. I like!
View Quote

They make colored Pelicans... but they're made to order with a minimum number.

There's some people selling colored ones on Amazon, I think.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:57:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Get a Pelican.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:12:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks OP.

Reserved a 20 in Tan to try out.  If it's well built may get the 65 eventually.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:13:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True but at $50 for my 70 QT. Coleman...Well that makes it no big deal to replace.
Not so much for a $400 cooler.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:18:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Will they make a trailer park full of skanks take notice like YETI coolers do?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:26:46 PM EDT
[#31]
I'll stick to my Yeti's and wait for the shit fest when these start to break apart or someone stands on it an falls and gets killed.....................   Fucking cheap asses
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:38:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:55:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'll stick to my Yeti's and wait for the shit fest when these start to break apart or someone stands on it an falls and gets killed.....................   Fucking cheap asses
View Quote

Why is wanting a decent cooler for less money a bad thing? If Yeti cut the price in half would you suddenly be a cheap ass for owning one? From the looks of it, these are just Yeti clones with just enough changed Yeti can't sue them. If they hold up, what difference does it make? and how does what someone else buys effect you?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:00:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Why is wanting a decent cooler for less money a bad thing? If Yeti cut the price in half would you suddenly be a cheap ass for owning one? From the looks of it, these are just Yeti clones with just enough changed Yeti can't sue them. If they hold up, what difference does it make? and how does what someone else buys effect you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They look like a pretty good cooler.
With that said I noticed very clearly there was zero information on where they were made.
To a lot of people that still means something.
And since there was no mention of place of origin I must assume it's some shit hole east of here.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:06:57 AM EDT
[#35]
I'll go through a thousand igloos and colemans before I buy a single yeti at the prices they command.  

Yeah, in really only on my fourth or fifth cooler in my life and its an igloo.  It keeps ice as long as I've ever needed it to so no reason for me to get a yeti.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:08:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you pay a lot of money for a nice AR, car, or 1911, you're an idiot.

If you pay a lot of money for what is essentially a plastic cooler, you're a genius and a membe of  high society.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:17:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Ill keep my Pelican
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:18:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'll go through a thousand igloos and colemans before I buy a single yeti at the prices they command.  

Yeah, in really only on my fourth or fifth cooler in my life and its an igloo.  It keeps ice as long as I've ever needed it to so no reason for me to get a yeti.
View Quote

This is very key in reasoning for most people.
Ask a guy to spend $400 on a cooler and many (most probably ) will recoil and say no way.
Why?.. because of this.
I myself have been using a 90 quart Igloo at the deer camp for several years now with zero issues except for one hinge I had to replace.
I paid under $80 for it back in the early 2000's.
It can even go another year or three but I might replace next year as all these coolers are getting better.
If someone gave me one of these Yeti coolers as a gift I would be very happy to receive it.
But I can more than get by on my sub $80 American made Igloo or Coleman for years.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:30:15 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote
The latch is crap and the hinges break.  Coleman Extreme coolers do hold ice well though.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:35:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

With that said I noticed very clearly there was zero information on where they were made.
And since there was no mention of place of origin I must assume it's some shit hole east of here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was only a matter of time before China started kicking them out.
More Americans fucked out of a job.  Yay!
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:53:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alot of Yeti merch including the coozies and tumblers are made in China too. Yeti's owners aren't  starving either. I'd  like to see what'd  happen if Yeti retailers that sell Igloo too started carrying the Igloo sportsman and yukon series which are US manufactured as well. I bet Yeti would pitch a bitch.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:55:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Does YETI not have a patent on their coolers? Those look like carbon copies.

I ask this as someone who owns a yeti as a gift, and would rather get a pelican if I were to get a new cooler.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:58:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I ask this as someone who owns a yeti as a gift, and would rather get a pelican if I were to get a new cooler.
View Quote

They are made in China.  
Patents don't mean shit.  
They offer college degrees in reverse engineering.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:00:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Alot of Yeti merch including the coozies and tumblers are made in China too. Yeti's owners aren't  starving either. I'd  like to see what'd  happen if Yeti retailers that sell Igloo too started carrying the Igloo sportsman and yukon series which are US manufactured as well. I bet Yeti would pitch a bitch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeti does not make anything in China.
They do have a plant In the Philippines.

Academy Sports carries the other coolers you mentioned.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:00:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

I believe both Engel and Grizzly predate Yeti on the roto-molded bearproof cooler thing anyhow.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:04:06 AM EDT
[#47]
[b]Originally Posted By

View Quote

They dont carry the Igloo roto-molded series and the tumblers and coozies are made in China says so on the bottom.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:10:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

They dont carry the Igloo roto-molded series and the tumblers and coozies are made in China says so on the bottom.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
[b]Originally Posted By

That is interesting.   They need to update their site.  

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:23:39 AM EDT
[#49]

Fuckit, I'm in for one.  I need a nice cooler, but there was no way I was going to pay $400+

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:32:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

They are made in China.  
Patents don't mean shit.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are made in China.  
Patents don't mean shit.  

I don't think it takes a college degree to reverse engineer a rope handle.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top