Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:18:01 AM EDT
[#1]
If this was a video of someone gut-shooting hogs from a helicopter with a thermal imager on their $3,000 suppressed AR GD'd be all like "ooooooooooooooooo!" Guy uses a gator to kill one in less than 30 seconds and everybody's butthurt.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:21:22 AM EDT
[#2]

worse than the commonly accepted method of shooting a pig and letting it lay to die?

At least this way nature gets a meal.

Who gives a flip, seriously?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:23:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have killed several hogs out of pure hate.  
These damn things kill dogs, goats, crops, and everything else.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've never killed anything for the pleasure of watching it die.

Which is what the video is about-the pleasure of watching something die.

It wasn't about satisfaction at removing vermin, just enjoyment of seeing something being killed.

I have killed several hogs out of pure hate.  
These damn things kill dogs, goats, crops, and everything else.

No shit, if I was there, I would be tossing bait also. Not to watch it die but to rid the earth of another feral hog. It's an ingenious tactic really
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:25:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You're just not getting it I'm afraid.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone remember the documentary about the African Wildebeast migration?  The one where the herd crosses a river full of hungry crocodiles SOCIOPATHIC REPTILIAN SERIAL KILLERS???

I'm afraid I'll never fit in with the Disney brigade.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:35:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I want to deep fry that gator,deep fried gator wrapped bacon biscuits mmmmm
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:37:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm just wondering why they didn't herd the rest of them into the water.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:39:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Pest disposal.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:41:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

If this was a video of someone gut-shooting hogs from a helicopter with a thermal imager on their $3,000 suppressed AR GD'd be all like "ooooooooooooooooo!" Guy uses a gator to kill one in less than 30 seconds and everybody's butthurt.
View Quote
Or if it was a dashcam of a criminal getting killed by a cop. All "good shoot" and "whoa" and "no tears shed".

Or if it's a worldstar video of a guy getting slammed in the head with a hammer/shovel, it's all "he'll be getting coloring books for Christmas" and "that won't buff out".

Or if it's a story about a guy getting killed on the job by high voltage, it's all "shocking" and "ohm my god".

But a fucking wild pig getting eaten by a gator.... GD loses its mind at the sociopathy of people wanting to watch two animals do what nature does best

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:47:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Everyone loves Bacon!
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:54:17 AM EDT
[#10]
all feral hogs MUST DIE! how they meet their death, shot and left to rot,
or food for another animal don't really matter.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:56:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

The ARFCOM Standard©
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:59:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

worse than the commonly accepted method of shooting a pig and letting it lay to die?

View Quote

It's the salad days of hog hunting.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:21:57 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 4:40:15 AM EDT
[#14]
If there are kids there at least they'll see that life isn't a Disney movie
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 5:23:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Wild hog, no problem, still kind of shitty doing that.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 5:29:12 AM EDT
[#16]
The real crime IMO is teaching that gator that humans = food.

I'd bet anything that that 'guide' pulls up to that spot on every single trip allowing his passengers to feed the hogs AND the gator.

No wild gator lets a boat load of tourists get that close, doesn't matter how many hogs are on the shore line.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 5:33:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Mother Nature is a cruel mistress.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 6:12:21 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Or never did, and that is part of the problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I imagine most people crying about this have fished with a minnow as bait.

Or never did, and that is part of the problem.

Hmm...  What if you could fish for gator with a hog?  Bolt a winch to the boat, get some big-ass hooks,...

Sign me up.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 6:55:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone remember the documentary about the African Wildebeast migration?  The one where the herd crosses a river full of hungry crocodiles SOCIOPATHIC REPTILIAN SERIAL KILLERS???

Yes, you do sound afraid.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:12:23 AM EDT
[#20]
That video was absolutely amazing.  I hate how nowadays every children's show presents animals as friendly, anthropomorphic cuddle-friends.  It scares the crap out of me.  I live in SC, and my 4 y.o. daughter's only experience with alligators is Disney's The Princess and the Frog and the lethargic, many-toothed log at the zoo.

I'm going to show her this video later to impress upon her that animals ARE dangerous.  Thanks for sharing!
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:19:12 AM EDT
[#21]
'Aww dats sad....'

Like he fucking feels bad. That's pretty fucked up. I say that guy needs to be strung up and dangled in front of a hungry gator and see how he likes it when it grabs his leg. Fuck everyone on that boat.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:31:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Circle of life.

I do like how the other hogs did not give up on their buddy.

View Quote

Yes they will fight, if that gator was out in a field he might of got gutted.

I would not do that if I was a tour guide but that guy probably feeds the hogs every day and this day a gator showed up

I have been to a restaurant that was on river and they will go across and put out feed for the hogs right on the bank for the hogs to come out.  Never saw a gator but they are all around.  They come to bait just like the hog does except the hog is the bait.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:35:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Sociopaths getting their excitement in the suffering of others.

The "circle of life" doesn't typically have the cast of 'Honey Boo Boo' throwing bait in order to get their show.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:39:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Messed up people are messed up. Karma will get his/her ass.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:41:01 AM EDT
[#25]
What a bunch of whiners in this thread.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:41:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
not watching...but can tell its fucked up especially if there was a kid there.
View Quote

Why? It's fucking nature, suck it up buttercup. Shit bleeds, shit gets killed and shit gets eaten.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:41:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Wild hog..... zero fucks given.
View Quote

This- people hunt and kill them just to try to eradicate them and keep the hogs from destroying valuable land.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:42:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Hero hogs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Circle of life.

I do like how the other hogs did not give up on their buddy.

Hero hogs.

You leave no hog behind.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:44:05 AM EDT
[#29]
By the way folks I have some more coons around my house.  I have two traps set right now.

I kill rats, coons, squirrels, possums, and skunks because they are pest.

Hogs are worse than them and need to be killed anytime for any reason.  If it is cold and you happen to need meat fine but there is no harm in just killing them.

If you all could just see the place where I deer hunt in Lavaca county Texas.  If you want to drive across a pasture,  Lets just say a 500 acre pasture,  You put the jeep in four low, low gear, point the jeep in the direction you want to go and take your hand off the wheel and your foot off the gas.  to go any faster stay on a road.  it is just devastation and that is with every one killing as many hogs as they can. trapping , bow hunting muzzle loading and rifles all year and you cannot make a dent.  They are that smart and there are that many.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:49:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

After enjoying the nature show they should have shot the other hogs and the gator too.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:54:58 AM EDT
[#31]
1) Its a wild hog, which fucks up the ecosystem for other animals.

2) Nature is brutal, shit like this has been going on for billions of years. The fact that the hog was lured to the gator in this instance doesn't mean this stuff didn't happen trillions and trillions of times before without human intervention.

3) That gator would have ended up eating some other animal eventually, the hog got it because of human intervention, and not some other hog or deer or turtle that would have died purely by the gator.  Is there really that big of a difference?

4) If you can't handle the fact that people intentionally killed an animal, I better hope you are vegetarian, because if not, you are paying other people to do this type of shit EVERY FUCKING TIME YOU BUY SOME MEAT
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:00:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Feral hogs are a huge problem so.......good kill
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:02:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Meh,

Keep baiting the feral hogs to the gator until they are all gone then, shoot the gator as he is a hazard to anyone.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:10:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Amazing 6 pages for a hog.  

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but frankly a lot of these opinions are just dumb.

I can just see the righteous indignation to this video right after cheering the family cat for catching a rat.  Or putting out poison baits for rats.  That's good too.

Feral hogs = rats:  Both are destructive non native pest.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:17:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Good death spin.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:21:34 AM EDT
[#36]
No one thinks of the poor, outnumbered alligator. The outcome would have been more 'hog-ane' if there had been more alligators to help when the mean ol' hogs charged him.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:23:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Messed up people are messed up. Karma will get his/her ass.

More DU trolls outing themselves.  
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:25:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Ask Hillary, she'll say "what difference does it make now"?

I'm okay with the death of hogs in any manner, however it is nice to take meat home from a clean kill.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:27:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Why not just shoot them?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:28:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but frankly a lot of these opinions are just dumb.

I can just see the righteous indignation to this video right after cheering the family cat for catching a rat.  Or putting out poison baits for rats.  That's good too.

View Quote

I've killed hogs with just about every handgun and rifle caliber you can imagine.

I feel absolutely no sympathy and give no shits for those evil destructive bastards.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:28:04 AM EDT
[#41]
"Oh my God, o das sad" Dude sounds like a brother. Nothing will become of it... Just sayin
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:31:10 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

It's not about the hog or the gator.

Those people are fucked up in the head. Sick
View Quote
I guarantee they didn't expect it to be a brutal and graphic as it was.

They thought "oh, lets see what happens if we get these two together".

The brutality of a gator attack is outside of most people's personal experience, so I bet they were shocked by it.  I think the guy's reaction is actually quite telling.  He was all joking and "this has to happen" BEFORE the attack, and then after the attack he said "that's sad". I'd bet dollars to donuts he was shocked the violence of it all.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:38:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Morally ok?
View Quote

No. Vertical videos are never morally OK.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:39:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The brutality of a gator attack is outside of most people's personal experience, so I bet they were shocked by it.  I think the guy's reaction is actually quite telling.  He was all joking and "this has to happen" BEFORE the attack, and then after the attack he said "that's sad". I'd bet dollars to donuts he was shocked the violence of it all.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not about the hog or the gator.
Those people are fucked up in the head. Sick

I'd place my bet your right.  Gators mean business and he has tasted bacon before.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:45:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
'Aww dats sad....'

Like he fucking feels bad. That's pretty fucked up. I say that guy needs to be strung up and dangled in front of a hungry gator and see how he likes it when it grabs his leg. Fuck everyone on that boat.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:46:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I've killed hogs with just about every handgun and rifle caliber you can imagine.

I feel absolutely no sympathy and give no shits for those evil destructive bastards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All that hate is gonna burn you up, Kid.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:48:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:49:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Interesting. it looks like the other hogs were trying to help the hog that was attacked by the gator
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:52:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Nobody got to see the hogs ransack the gators nest and eat her eggs and newborn gator pups. Where is the outrage over the dead gator pups?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:52:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Now if one of those guys fell in, that would be something to watch
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top