Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:29:29 PM EDT
[#1]
So, do all the conscientious objectors here consider the leading of a hog to the kill floor in a slaughter house "sociopathic" behavior also?

Cause I sure love me some sausage and bacon.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:29:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think the problem we have with it is it's a little lazy and cowardly.  If they want to kill the hogs, do it themselves.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't much care for wild hogs and would not have a problem shooting a whole bunch of them; but that was messed up.

I think the problem we have with it is it's a little lazy and cowardly.  If they want to kill the hogs, do it themselves.

Pretty much, they are doing it to garner entertainment and enjoyment.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:30:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

If that's a method to extract tourism dollars, and it's ok, then we should all be ok with throwing crack rocks onto the 405 while groups of drug addicts await their demise.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:30:21 PM EDT
[#4]
In this video, a lioness risks her life to entertain humans that have funded their preserve for the sole purpose of watching them kill helpless animals.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:30:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:30:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If that's a method to extract tourism dollars, and it's ok, then we should all be ok with throwing crack rocks onto the 405 while groups of drug addicts await their demise.

View Quote

Where's the signup sheet?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:30:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Slow and agonizing.

Slow and agonizing.

Slow and agonizing.

Read my post again and look for that phrase, for that makes all the difference in the tone of my post.

Death is inevitable. Slow and agonizing death is needless suffering and is to be avoided.
View Quote

It really wasn't all that slow.....

Most wildlife lives an existence that is nasty, brutish, and short.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:31:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Feral hogs are a huge problem so.......good kill
View Quote

What I was thinking. Blow them up with tanerite and everybody cheers. Kill one via alligator and everybody is but hurt.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:33:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone else think of this?

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:33:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:33:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:34:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Holy shit this thread is full of PETA hippies........

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:35:57 PM EDT
[#13]
This brings up an awesome idea....

Set up auto-feeders that dispense large, floating bait to entice hogs to swim into alligator infested waters...

Build more alligator pits.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:36:26 PM EDT
[#14]
All the the hog hunting,baiting in ,helicopter shoots.....can't put a dent in the population on the southeast feral hogs.. they breed like crazy and have no predators .....
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:36:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Not sure I wanna hunt that land, those hogs were not fucking around...no fear.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:37:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
In this video, a lioness risks her life to entertain humans that have funded their preserve for the sole purpose of watching them kill helpless animals.

https://youtu.be/XcEFTGb_ZR0
View Quote

Womens work.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:43:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Damn, right where I am in NH!  I know there are/were some wild boar that have escaped from Corbin Park, a private game preserve/hunting club.  I actually have the skull of one of these wild boars that a friend shot.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Know how I know there are a lot of people here who've never had feral pig problems?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VznYFOIqVM

It's serious, guys, and getting worse. As of 2014
http://www.aphis.usda.gov/clip_image002.jpg

Damn, right where I am in NH!  I know there are/were some wild boar that have escaped from Corbin Park, a private game preserve/hunting club.  I actually have the skull of one of these wild boars that a friend shot.

Weird, I literally had a conversation about the hogs from that place with a coworker this morning, haha
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:45:01 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Slow and agonizing.

Slow and agonizing.

Slow and agonizing.

Read my post again and look for that phrase, for that makes all the difference in the tone of my post.

Death is inevitable. Slow and agonizing death is needless suffering and is to be avoided.
View Quote
It was like 20 seconds and then drowned. How in the blue fuck does that constitute "slow and agonizing"? It's a standard nature kill. Actually quite quick for a nature kill since it got drowned. Otherwise it might've had to watch for 20 minutes as it was eaten ass first like a lot of animals get it.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:48:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Feral hogs. Fuck em. Gator had a great lunch!
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:49:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Its nature, out in the wild it would have happened and folks would be like yaa look at that cool, awesome...

Maybe the hogs were there as food for the croc anyway, I don't know, but non the less crocs gotta eat and pigs are there to be eatin..
View Quote

Yeah, I fail to see how this is any different from watching NatGeo shows.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:49:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Damn, never seen a gator snag a hog before.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:51:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Clairice.  Are you bothered by the silence of the piggies, Clairice?

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:54:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It was like 20 seconds and then drowned. How in the blue fuck does that constitute "slow and agonizing"? It's a standard nature kill. Actually quite quick for a nature kill since it got drowned. Otherwise it might've had to watch for 20 minutes as it was eaten ass first like a lot of animals get it.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/06/03/video-undefined-1E6F766200000578-418_636x358.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Slow and agonizing.

Slow and agonizing.

Slow and agonizing.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/06/03/video-undefined-1E6F766200000578-418_636x358.jpg

I'm sure the cute little piggy would never be so cruel as to slash people open with it's tusks.

The ends justified the means.  The croc has to eat.  So do I.  The pigs eat my food which makes it more expensive for me to eat.  Their death is my gain.  Kill them all.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:58:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Gator gotta eat bro.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:01:18 PM EDT
[#25]
sociopathic
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:05:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Wild hog..... zero fucks given.
View Quote
This.
The only problem I have is that the gator will start to associate boats with opportunities to get a meal.  When an unsuspecting boater comes along a gets killed by the hungry gator.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:07:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Real question is how much did the gator pay the land owner to kill his hogs?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:10:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You know, the Nazis specialized in non-violent killing...

http://www.harrystone.net/posted/nazi.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
the fracked up part is that it was done for entertainment. That is watching something being killed violently for fun.

LOL

It was done because a gator was hungry. That is it. No other reason. Well I guess it could have been because the gator just wanted to kill one of them... there is always that.

Besides all killing is violent.

You know, the Nazis specialized in non-violent killing...

http://www.harrystone.net/posted/nazi.jpg

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:11:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Circle of life.

I do like how the other hogs did not give up on their buddy.

View Quote

They are very intelligent animals.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:13:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
That's a waste of good sausage.
View Quote

Nah, it was a feral hog.  Think of it as a feedlot for  bigger serving of Gator Tail
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:17:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Mother nature is a bitch......

Pigs wanted free and easy food and the alligator got some too.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:17:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
or like dropping a mouse in for a snake to eat.
View Quote

I've been thinking about getting a ball python. Most people feed them ratcicles. I say feed it live rats and let it do its thing. It's the way nature designed them.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:18:13 PM EDT
[#33]
I prefer to assassinate them with 7.62x39, 7.62x51, 7.62x54R, 5.56, 300BLK, explosives, knives, and 12 gauge slug.

But live pig is a scourge, and a dead pig is a dead pig so I'll take it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:21:13 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote
Holy fucking ninja cat teamwork. It was over before it began.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:21:19 PM EDT
[#35]
I believe in the killing of feral hogs by any and all means available without limit. Rifle, pistol, shotgun, bow, traps, tannerite, flame throwers, gator pits, scaring them off cliffs, running them into trains, poison... you name it. Good kill. Gators and gator babies have to eat too.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:24:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Holy shit this thread is full of PETA hippies........

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:25:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Womens work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Womens work.

That's right.  The men are out doing men things.  Fucking and fighting.  As it should be.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:25:41 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I believe in the killing of feral hogs by any and all means available without limit. Rifle, pistol, shotgun, bow, traps, tannerite, flame throwers, gator pits, scaring them off cliffs, running them into trains, poison... you name it. Good kill. Gators and gator babies have to eat too.
View Quote
There is a train track right through the middle of where I hunt.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:26:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Its nature, out in the wild it would have happened and folks would be like yaa look at that cool, awesome...

Maybe the hogs were there as food for the croc anyway, I don't know, but non the less crocs gotta eat and pigs are there to be eatin..
View Quote

No it wouldn't have.  The hog was lured to a grisly death by dick move humans.  And it was a gator, not a crocodile.

And for those that will label me as a PITA because I don't get a boner watching an animal getting eaten alive, when was the last hog you killed?
I shot one this morning in a trap and it was done humanely as possible.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:27:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Fuck yeah, nature!
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:29:13 PM EDT
[#41]
I would have shot them both and had dinner and some spiffy new boots.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:29:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

No it wouldn't have.  The hog was lured to a grisly death by dick move humans.  And it was a gator, not a crocodile.

And for those that will label me as a PITA because I don't get a boner watching and animal getting eaten alive, when was the last hog you killed?
I shot one this morning in a trap but it was done humanely as possible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And for those that will label me as a PITA because I don't get a boner watching and animal getting eaten alive, when was the last hog you killed?

You brute.  You stole that pig from it's family.  Other pigs were depending on that one pig for the happiness, their entertainment and for the future of their family.  

You're no friend of the earth.  You have shamed us all.  Welcome to my ignore list...Killer.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:30:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You brute.  You stole that pig from it's family.  Other pigs were depending on that one pig for the happiness, their entertainment and for the future of their family.  

You're no friend of the earth.  You have shamed us all. Welcome to my ignore list...Killer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're no friend of the earth.  You have shamed us all. Welcome to my ignore list...Killer.

Good, adios.  I feel cleaner already.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:31:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Hey I heard of an invention lately... its called a rifle.. and it fires bullets.. quickly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Feral hogs are a huge problem so.......good kill

Hey I heard of an invention lately... its called a rifle.. and it fires bullets.. quickly.

Fuck these things.  They are like cockroaches and cause quite a bit of damage.
I don't care how they are killed.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:31:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You're no friend of the earth.  You have shamed us all.  Welcome to my ignore list...Killer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On top of that, your screen name is TXhogsniper, which means you're proud of what you do.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:33:05 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Love how people say this nature. Nature didn't intend on human interaction to lure the pigs.
View Quote

Humans are part of nature...
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:39:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:45:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

On top of that, your screen name is TXhogsniper, which means you're proud of what you do.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe he's the sniper that failed to provide overwatch for those hogs...In that case, I blame him for that cute little pig's untimely demise.

Dereliction of hogsniper duty, resulting in the loss of innocent life and unnecessary sadness being inflicted on other lovable pigs.  You are hereby relieved of your duties...Stand Down.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:57:03 PM EDT
[#49]
This type of behavior is only appropriate when it appears as PBS program sponsored by an insurance company, and some guy breathlessly narrates the action with a British accent.  

Otherwise, it's just disgusting.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:59:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top