Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 7/7/2015 11:18:31 AM EDT
My younger sister lives alone in another part of the state. She commutes to work, about 35-40 miles on a rural highway into the next county. In the past few months, she's been stopped 4 times by the same deputy in the county where she works. The first time he asked to see her license, but no registration or insurance card. He never mentioned any type of infraction or why he pulled her over. He asked where she was going and just told her to be careful "because there's a lot of deer out here."

In the three times he's pulled her over since, he never mentioned any infraction and never asked to see a license or other paperwork. He simply tried to make small talk. The second time she tried to make it clear that she was not interested but she did so in a way to try avoid be accusatory or insulting.

In this same time frame he's showed up at least 3-4 times a month at different restaurants where she was having lunch with coworkers and attempted to talk to her.

This morning she had a minor car accident in her way to work. They had over 4 inches of rain in less than two hours and the roads were flooded. Her car hydroplaned, hit a bank and had some minor damage to the front bumper and fender. Who else shows up to the accident but deputy friendly.

He was on the scene and knocking on her window in under two minutes. The strange part is that the accident happened less than a mile from her house and over 20 miles from the closest part of the county in which he lives and serves Yet, there he was, in uniform and patrol car, offering to give her a ride.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:23:43 AM EDT
[#1]
in for the comments..  tough situation
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:24:02 AM EDT
[#2]
That's a sticky situation.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:24:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I know that would creep me out. I hope some of the LEOs on here will have some good suggestions for you. Does she have a CCW and a firearm? If not, she should at least have a gun at home.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:25:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep, he's a creeper.

If he weren't a protected species you could go straighten his ass out, but you'll have to file a complaint which will be shit canned the second you walk out.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:25:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:25:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
in for the comments..  tough situation
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:25:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:26:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Get his badge number and file a complaint?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:26:05 AM EDT
[#9]
lol dash cams are sooooooo cheap. Man, if there were only a technical solution to this problem. I just can't put my finger on it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:26:28 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll be sending you a private message.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:26:38 AM EDT
[#11]
She needs to talk to the Sheriff...NOW....
I wish she already had.  
I hate that is happening to her.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:26:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Report that shit to his Sheriff asap. Get on record. Not to bash cops, but this is too coincidental.

Stalkers can manifest themselves in any capacity; cop, Dr, lawyer, stockbroker, burger flipper.....
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:27:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Tell him she is a tranny.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:28:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

What if he's an arfcommer?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:29:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Report that shit to his Sheriff asap. Get on record. Not to bash cops, but this is too coincidental.

Stalkers can manifest themselves in any capacity; cop, Dr, lawyer, stockbroker, burger flipper.....
View Quote

Hahahaha, you live in NC and don't know how the good ol' boy system works?

She needs to record that shit, yesterday. I would post every video on youtube and then send a link to the sheriff. Let him try to deny it. Oh and put it up on any local county facebook kinda things. Small towns love their gossip.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:30:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

She needs to record that shit, yesterday.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She needs to record that shit, yesterday.

Very true....and spot on
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:31:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Craig Peyer did the same thing to women he saw until he stopped Cara Knott, PLEASE make sure your sister reports this and makes a big stink.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:31:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:31:21 AM EDT
[#19]
LEO have their criminals too

Have her be careful
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:31:48 AM EDT
[#20]
IIRC, all his conversations are recorded on his mike. A call to his supervisor might be helpful, if his actions are inappropriate.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:31:59 AM EDT
[#21]

Did you read this thread?  

Deputy stalking/harassing my wife.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:32:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That's a sticky situation.
View Quote

If it goes his way, yes it will be.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:32:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Protecting and serving

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:32:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Does she have a dog? Hope he doesn't show up at her home.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:32:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I know that would creep me out. I hope some of the LEOs on here will have some good suggestions for you. Does she have a CCW and a firearm? If not, she should at least have a gun at home.
View Quote

Even if the LEO tried to rape her and she shot him

She would get life in jail and the LEO would just keep on JBTing
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:33:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

She needs to record that shit, yesterday. I would post every video on youtube and then send a link to the sheriff. Let him try to deny it. Oh and put it up on any local county facebook kinda things. Small towns love their gossip.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chances are she isn't the only woman he's creeping on. Perhaps there are other women out there who will see the facebook and speak up.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
File a complaint.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:33:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Immediately showing up so close to her house and so far from his job is what's really got me worried. He obviously knows where she lives and works and I'm thinking he might have been watching her house. I wish she'd thought to get him on video today. I don't know  how he could possibly explain that one to his boss.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:33:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:34:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Have her keep a log and mail you a pic everytime he talks to her.
If he goes nuts having his picture taken, you have a real issue.
I dated a Lady Cop. "CRAY cray".
Thank God she lived 2 county's over. It ended when she found a new patsy.
A pretty lady, however, nuts .
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:34:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If he weren't a protected species you could go straighten his ass out, but you'll have to file a complaint which will be shit canned the second you walk out.
View Quote

Maharlika74 would disagree.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:35:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Did you read this thread?  

Deputy stalking/harassing my wife.
View Quote

Ugh. That made all the hair on my neck stand on end.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:37:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Call the Kentucky SBI, make sure she records everything if legal in your state
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:37:12 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

File a complaint.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:37:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
She needs to talk to the Sheriff...NOW....
I wish she already had.  
I hate that is happening to her.
View Quote

they make movies out of this kind of behavior
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:38:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Chances are she isn't the only woman he's creeping on. Perhaps there are other women out there who will see the facebook and speak up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not just that but news gets around and he will be ostracized. More importantly, he WILL be in the limelight which stalkers DO NOT want. Force the cockroach into the open and watch him try to scatter.

Sheriff probably has nothing to do with it but probably wants nothing to do with it either. Go public or go home... to a deputy waiting to rape you.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:39:10 AM EDT
[#37]
I had a similar situation a few years ago with my wife. It was different in that it was only two incidents and he was overtly sexual where this guy has been more of an awkward pest.

With the guy who bothered my wife, I arranged a "surprise meeting" in a place where he was unarmed and out of his jurisdiction. I simply told him that I knew what he'd said and that he could stop it or I would. He never bothered her again.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:39:16 AM EDT
[#38]
I would dash cam up, front, rear and one at the driver/drivers window.

Perhaps it's time to be more forward, remind him that your busy and he is wasting your time.  Ask him not to pull you over for no reason again.  File a complaint.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:40:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Immediately showing up so close to her house and so far from his job is what's really got me worried. He obviously knows where she lives and works and I'm thinking he might have been watching her house. I wish she'd thought to get him on video today. I don't know  how he could possibly explain that one to his boss.
View Quote

You can literally buy a camera right now and have it overnighted to her. That is, if you cared. She could do the same if she really cared. I'd get a few. Forward facing and rear (preferably with GPS to detect her speed and record it.) Then another camera or two for the interior. Make one obvious, the other more hidden.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:40:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Invest in video surveillance catch him in the act.  Use the video to show either to his cheif/LT/CPT or take to media.

Video is her best course of action.  Lots of very good inexpensive dash cams she should use.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:42:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You can literally buy a camera right now and have it overnighted to her. That is, if you cared. She could do the same if she really cared. I'd get a few. Forward facing and rear (preferably with GPS to detect her speed and record it.) Then another camera or two for the interior. Make one obvious, the other more hidden.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This sounds like a good idea.

Her car is un-drivable right now and I've arranged a friend to drive her to work for the rest of the week. After that she'll be driving a rental car for a few weeks.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:43:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Yep.  Sounds like a call is in order, at a minimum.  She needs to speak to his supervisor, and start the ball rolling.  Someone has some explaining to do.

They need to check his radio logs...if he's making traffic stops like that and nothing is recorded in any manner...there's a reason he didn't call out on the stops.  Also, they will need to check the date and time of the stops vs his time sheets to make sure he was actually working, and then reference those with his patrol assignments.  You mentioned that he was in the area of the accident and it was away from the area he works....in my department, you don't have dedicated areas of the county to work on a steady basis.  When you return to work after scheduled days off, everyone gets different patrol areas.  You keep that area for your days on and then get a new one when you rotate back on.  If he is making stops or popping up on her in areas he wasn't assigned.....lots of explanation to do.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:44:36 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

My younger sister lives alone in another part of the state. She commutes to work, about 35-40 miles on a rural highway into the next county. In the past few months, she's been stopped 4 times by the same deputy in the county where she works. The first time he asked to see her license, but no registration or insurance card. He never mentioned any type of infraction or why he pulled her over. He asked where she was going and just told her to be careful "because there's a lot of deer out here."

In the three times he's pulled her over since, he never mentioned any infraction and never asked to see a license or other paperwork. He simply tried to make small talk. The second time she tried to make it clear that she was not interested but she did so in a way to try avoid be accusatory or insulting.

In this same time frame he's showed up at least 3-4 times a month at different restaurants where she was having lunch with coworkers and attempted to talk to her.

This morning she had a minor car accident in her way to work. They had over 4 inches of rain in less than two hours and the roads were flooded. Her car hydroplaned, hit a bank and had some minor damage to the front bumper and fender. Who else shows up to the accident but deputy friendly.

He was on the scene and knocking on her window in under two minutes. The strange part is that the accident happened less than a mile from her house and over 20 miles from the closest part of the county in which he lives and serves Yet, there he was, in uniform and patrol car, offering to give her a ride.

View Quote
She needs to install a camera in her car immediately and preferably not anywhere near this guys jurisdiction. She also needs to document all encounters preferably with her phone.

A true stalker is obsessed and won't change his habits.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:44:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Isolated incident(s).
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:45:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

You start following him.  Counter surveillance should be easy since he is in a patrol car.  Take photos of him everywhere.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:45:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Yep.  Sounds like a call is in order, at a minimum.  She needs to speak to his supervisor, and start the ball rolling.  Someone has some explaining to do.

They need to check his radio logs...if he's making traffic stops like that and nothing is recorded in any manner...there's a reason he didn't call out on the stops.  Also, they will need to check the date and time of the stops vs his time sheets to make sure he was actually working, and then reference those with his patrol assignments.  You mentioned that he was in the area of the accident and it was away from the area he works....in my department, you don't have dedicated areas of the county to work on a steady basis.  When you return to work after scheduled days off, everyone gets different patrol areas.  You keep that area for your days on and then get a new one when you rotate back on.  If he is making stops or popping up on her in areas he wasn't assigned.....lots of explanation to do.
View Quote

He was 20 miles from the county for which he works.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:45:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Have her drive to his station and demand to talk with someone wearing more than sergeant's stripes.

Creepy shit is creepy
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:46:11 AM EDT
[#48]
install dashcam. attain a ccw. file a complaint.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:46:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I had a similar situation a few years ago with my wife. It was different in that it was only two incidents and he was overtly sexual where this guy has been more of an awkward pest.

With the guy who bothered my wife, I arranged a "surprise meeting" in a place where he was unarmed and out of his jurisdiction. I simply told him that I knew what he'd said and that he could stop it or I would. He never bothered her again.
View Quote

How did you manage that?

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:46:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think she needs a ccw to have a handgun in the car in Kentucky but better check to be sure.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top