Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/7/2015 10:55:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:56:42 AM EDT
[#1]
It's going to become so bad and unaffordable for people that everyone is going to be screaming for universal healthcare. That's the plan.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:57:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:58:59 AM EDT
[#3]
We President now!!!
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:59:49 AM EDT
[#4]
This won't affect my $2500 reduction in healthcare cost per year will it?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:00:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:01:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's going to become so bad and unaffordable for people that everyone is going to be screaming for universal healthcare. That's the plan.
View Quote

This, the thread could stop here.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:02:06 AM EDT
[#7]
ACA has benefited insurance companies greatly.  I wouldn't worry about them.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:02:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of our resident Brits will be along to say how wonderful their system is.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:02:45 AM EDT
[#9]
BOHICA
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:03:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

That was ALWAYS the end goal.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:07:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Tricaire Reserve Select saves me a lot of money.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:09:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I concur. Single-payer is the goal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I concur. Single-payer is the goal.

We are truly fucked if the federal government is ever in charge of hiring all health care providers.

Don't get sick.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:09:30 AM EDT
[#13]
I can afford health insurance, I just can't afford the health care that is attached to it.  $15000.00 grand a year
before I see any benefits.  $700.00 per month plus $6200.00 out of pocket and that's just me, my wife pays the
same thing.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:10:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course it was. The left has never hidden the fact that this is their end-game. Everyone who has even a basic knowledge of how the world works knew this. The rest fell for the BS.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:16:00 AM EDT
[#15]

Just leaving this here
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:16:38 AM EDT
[#16]
My Platinum Plan got cancelled as of the end of this year making it the third self employed plan to be cancelled since I was told I could keep my Health Insurance
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:21:04 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I can afford health insurance, I just can't afford the health care that is attached to it. $15000.00 grand a year

before I see any benefits. $700.00 per month plus $6200.00 out of pocket and that's just me, my wife pays the

same thing.
View Quote

I pay $205/month for the whole family. IIRC it's $150 deductible per person, then 10% to $1,000. At $1,000 out of pocket for the family it's capped for the year and 100% is paid after that. Pregnancy is always 100% covered.

Of course the real cost is 1 weekend a month, two weeks in the summer and they can deploy me any time.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:22:00 AM EDT
[#18]
From a local paper.

"Blue Cross lost $141 million in the first year. Last year they raised 19%, they have filed to raise 36% for 2016. One county in Tennessee, they have 23,600 customers. 16,000 from the website. 3% of those drove up 50% of the cost. There is a hair dresser paying $2 dollars a month for healthcare. The rest is covered by the State of Tennessee."

See any problems with this
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:22:42 AM EDT
[#19]
A few of the older folks at my work are on the bubble for retirement. Due to the recent health cost increases, they have decided to just throw in the towel and retire so that they can collect medicare. My employer is dropping coverage that they have offered for 30+ years and giving us a meager pay bump to cover the difference. I'll be paying an extra $1k or so out of pocket for my young family for barely adequate coverage.

YAY affordable healthcare for everyone!

What a fucking joke.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:26:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Found out yesterday that my insurance company of 123 years is throwing in the towel after 1.5 years with Obamacare. I, yet AGAIN have to find another insurance policy!
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:27:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Looking at this one way is that these huge increases impacting most voters before November 2016 "might" lead to Obamacare being repealed.

The downside if that happens (rates rise up to 40%) is that for a year or two beaucoup millions of Americans are seriously hurt financially.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:29:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
A few of the older folks at my work are on the bubble for retirement. Due to the recent health cost increases, they have decided to just throw in the towel and retire so that they can collect medicare. My employer is dropping coverage that they have offered for 30+ years and giving us a meager pay bump to cover the difference. I'll be paying an extra $1k or so out of pocket for my young family for barely adequate coverage.

YAY affordable healthcare for everyone!

What a fucking joke.
View Quote

You filthy racist, its affordable care for the preferred classes.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:36:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Ours is going from $1k per month to $1200. Don't know about the rest of the plan yet.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:38:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
A few of the older folks at my work are on the bubble for retirement. Due to the recent health cost increases, they have decided to just throw in the towel and retire so that they can collect medicare.
View Quote

Do you have to retire to be on Medicare?  Or can you still work and just get Medicare medical coverage?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:38:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Insurers with decades of experience and brand-new plans underestimated claims costs.
View Quote

From the article.      The way I understand it is that the government changed the playing rules part way through the process...initially 'everyone' would have to have a plan that met the Obamacare criteria....then after a push back by the insured losing their plan/doctor, the government decided to let people keep their older plans...So the new obamacare plans (with rates based on an average population) got the sick people (not an average population) to sign up.    They were the uninsured (too expensive to get their insurance due to pre-existing conditions in a lot of cases) who didn't qualify for group (employer paid for the most part) insurances.  

Of course, they've pushed the Employer requirements on Obamacare back...so the worst part hasn't hit yet.....employers dropping insurance coverage, cutting positions and hours, etc.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:43:50 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Looking at this one way is that these huge increases impacting most voters before November 2016 "might" lead to Obamacare being repealed.

The downside if that happens (rates rise up to 40%) is that for a year or two beaucoup millions of Americans are seriously hurt financially.
View Quote
You're delusional if you think Obamacare is going to be repealed ever.  Even if we get another Reagan in the White House and have majority in Congress, it isn't going to happen.  The republicans want this as much as the libs.  What's sad is that there are so many blindly voting for the GOP thinking they'll actually do something about it.  NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:46:01 AM EDT
[#27]
I liked my plan.  The Gov didn't like it and made it obsolete.  My health care carrier offered me a new plan, I didn't like it quite as much but it was still okay.  The Gov didn't like it and made it obsolete.  I'm now on a plan I don't F'ing like, now the rates are going to go up.  LOL WTF.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:49:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Its unaffordable now.

What are they doing with all the money they currently are collecting.

THAT is the industry that no one is watching.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:50:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

True.
And the fact by law you have to have coverage makes things very rosy for the insurers.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:51:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

some insurance companies have grown from it. most are losing money on exchange business.

some companies it put out of business.

the real plan in this law is 2-3 giant national companies controlling it all.

it will make it easier for the government to control. fewer ceos to lean on. if they can't have national health where the government employs the dr's (which is the long run plan), then they'll have de-facto single payor where government tells 2-3 giant corporations what to do, and uses regulation to lean on dr's and hospitals by capping prices.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:53:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Found out yesterday that my insurance company of 123 years is throwing in the towel after 1.5 years with Obamacare. I, yet AGAIN have to find another insurance policy!
View Quote

time?

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:57:05 AM EDT
[#32]
In financial statements filed with the government in the last two months, some insurers said that their claims payments totaled not just 80 percent, but more than 100 percent of premiums. And that, they said, is unsustainable.
View Quote

This is the key statement for understanding the situation.

Insuring the uninsurable, even at the current rates, is unsustainable. This is as damning of single payer as it is of Obamacare.

Free healthcare my ass.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:57:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

From the article.      The way I understand it is that the government changed the playing rules part way through the process...initially 'everyone' would have to have a plan that met the Obamacare criteria....then after a push back by the insured losing their plan/doctor, the government decided to let people keep their older plans...So the new obamacare plans (with rates based on an average population) got the sick people (not an average population) to sign up.    They were the uninsured (too expensive to get their insurance due to pre-existing conditions in a lot of cases) who didn't qualify for group (employer paid for the most part) insurances.  

Of course, they've pushed the Employer requirements on Obamacare back...so the worst part hasn't hit yet.....employers dropping insurance coverage, cutting positions and hours, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Insurers with decades of experience and brand-new plans underestimated claims costs.

yes, they required insurers to set rates for 2014 by early 2013, then changed the rules in december 2013 in a way that drastically changed the expected costs of the people enrolling in 2014.

2015 pricing happened in early 2014 before  the impact of the new enrollees and last minute changes was fully known.

2016 pricing (which is what all the big increases in the news lately is about) was the first round that had a somewhat ok idea of what the costs of the insured pool look like, and it's not pretty. = big increases.

On top of all that, even if we had got the cost estimates right, there are stabilization programs for the first three years of the program that phase out and add to the needed increases. Plans could have guessed the cost profile for 2014 exactly right and still been perfectly reasonable in putting out 15%+ rate increases just because of medical expense inflation and the phase out of these stabilization programs.

it will be fun once the Cadillac tax starts dismantling employer based insurance.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:58:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

some insurance companies have grown from it. most are losing money on exchange business.

it will make it easier for the government to control. fewer ceos to lean on. if they can't have national health where the government employs the dr's (which is the long run plan), then they'll have de-facto single payor where government tells 2-3 giant corporations what to do, and uses regulation to lean on dr's and hospitals by capping prices.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What companies went out of busines and what companies are controlling it??
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:59:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Its unaffordable now.
What are they doing with all the money they currently are collecting.
THAT is the industry that no one is watching.
View Quote

at the idea that no one is watching the health "insurance" industry. there aren't few that are more regulated and more the topic of headline news right now.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:00:56 PM EDT
[#36]
My wife went to work for our family doctor starting yesterday. Her insurance will cost her $160 a month with a $5000 deductible. If she were to add me it would cost $498 per month just for me. Total $658 a month. I guess I won't have insurance. Fuck obammy.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:02:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

They will benefit greatly right up the point they are all forced out of business because .gov will be taking all their customers and putting them in a single payer plan.

Some argue they were short sighted and stupid, others argue they had no choice - make money while they're still around.

Long story short, government involvement always fucks things up. ALWAYS.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:03:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

example of going out of business:

http://www.jsonline.com/business/assurant-to-exit-health-insurance-business-b99516948z1-306779721.html

http://www.siouxlandmatters.com/story/d/story/iowa-insurance-commissioner-to-take-over-coopportu/25236/X4CGKIw7HEaN_Rw0tVl8hw

who will be running the show? the feds will be telling the companies that result from all this M&A activity what to do, and will write regulation to benefit them and drive small cos out of business:

http://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/

http://www.wsj.com/articles/with-merger-deal-aetna-humana-get-ahead-of-the-pack-1436143581

http://www.wsj.com/articles/anthem-cigna-rekindle-merger-talks-1435845994

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:07:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You're delusional if you think Obamacare is going to be repealed ever. Even if we get another Reagan in the White House and have majority in Congress, it isn't going to happen.  The republicans want this as much as the libs.  What's sad is that there are so many blindly voting for the GOP thinking they'll actually do something about it.  NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're delusional if you think Obamacare is going to be repealed ever. Even if we get another Reagan in the White House and have majority in Congress, it isn't going to happen.  The republicans want this as much as the libs.  What's sad is that there are so many blindly voting for the GOP thinking they'll actually do something about it.  NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

In that way healthcare  and immigration reform/enforcement are similar............
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:10:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks, "Affordable" Care Act.

Maybe we should name the next one the "Really Mutherfucking Expensive Care Act" and it'll bring prices down.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:11:43 PM EDT
[#41]
yeah im going to lose my cadillac plan and get the universal yugo plan.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:13:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
https://youtu.be/_o65vMUk5so

Just leaving this here
View Quote

and yet he was re-elected when he should have been brought of the WH in handcuffs.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:14:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:14:16 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote

FPNI as usual...

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:15:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:16:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Not even going to FBHO...no this warrants a

FUCK YOU BARRACK HUSSEIN OBAMA...

AWESOME PLAN at $347 a month and a 2500 deductible to SHIT PLAN at $971 a month and a $12900 deductible...with some FSA bitch paying $67 a month for her identical plan and bitching about it...I pay more in a month than that bitch pays in a year...
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:17:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't think there is much doubt about what you post.

Didn't Obama years ago say he wanted a one payor (or minimum payor) system?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:19:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Mine has increased $1000 over the last two years and I have major medical... I'm actually lucky, I got grandfathered in and pay $25x.xx a month. My GF went to get insurance with the exact same company, we are the same age, she only makes $32k a year, and the cheapest plan BC/BS had (which was worse than my plan) was $368 a month! No way she can afford that!

...and I don't mean to come off like a dick, but all these newly insurance are really screwing up ones ability to see a doctor in a timely manner. I remember when you would call the doc, speak to someone, and depending the problem, you'd be in in a few days, maybe a week. Now? "Next month." It's honestly quicker to just go to urgent care, which for some odd reason in actually CHEAPER! Than going to see my Primarily.

My Dad is a Doc, he actually retired because it was costing him more to keep his practice open... Too bad, he is a great Doc and really cared about his patients.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:20:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

FPNI as usual...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FPNI as usual...

I doubt we'll go single payor anytime soon. Decades out, probably.

What we will get is more and more regulations that shift people out of employer based coverage and into the exchanges, and tweaks to medicaid that shift those people into exchanges. When the outcry over high premiums gets bad enough, then they'll pass a "public option" government run plan that will "compete" with insurance co's to drive prices down. Though it won't really compete because it will be priced at a loss with taxpayers picking up the tab.

the 2-3 mega companies that result from all the insurer M&A will get contracts with the gov to administer the public option. All other competitors will be driven out of business because you can't compete with someone who can fund losses from the fedgov's budget.

meanwhile, they'll continue passing regs that go after the providers (since the prices dr's / clinics / hospitals / pharma / device manufacturers /etc. charge are the real driver of insurance prices). When the gov caps the money the providers can get for a service, then our service will go to shit. good dr's will retire early. those who stay will cut corners in order to survive on inadequate payments from medicare / medicaid / public option plans. ask a dr how much money they make on the average medicaid funded patient.

it's a shit show.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:22:24 PM EDT
[#50]

The cost of the premiums, coupled with the huge deductibles are making it worthless coverage to me and you wind up paying out of pocket for almost everything anyway. IMO it's like paying $1500 a month insurance and having a 80K deductible on your $15k car. Catastrophic illness means bankruptcy one way or the other, so why not roll the dice.
I'm considering joining a recognised religious health sharing group
which gives me a waver to opt out of the whole blood sucking system.
I've been considering something like this:
http://www.healthcaresharing.org/hcsm/
Anyone have experience with this?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top