Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:27:52 AM EDT
[#1]
His "do you know who I am" attitude just cost him his career.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:29:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He should have been in HS last month but he graduated at Christmas and enrolled at FSU in January. He probably had a fake ID, but it doesn't matter now. Kicked off the team. Will Probably be at Jones or Hines, MS Community College in two days, were he be ready to be picked up by an SEC school next year.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is a 19 yo doing in a bar to start with?

Uh oh, somebody gonna get some alcohol related permits revoked?

He should have been in HS last month but he graduated at Christmas and enrolled at FSU in January. He probably had a fake ID, but it doesn't matter now. Kicked off the team. Will Probably be at Jones or Hines, MS Community College in two days, were he be ready to be picked up by an SEC school next year.

Yep.  Saban will recruit him next year.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:30:35 AM EDT
[#3]
He kind of started the whole ball rolling.  He grabbed her first when she got upset about him pushing his way in, then she swung at him AFTER he put his hands on her.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:31:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

dumb bitch got what she deserved.

don't throw a punch and expect to not get punched back.

girls always want to get combative but expect every one to put up with their shit.. she got what she had coming.
View Quote

Yea who does she think she is, fighting back after a man grabs and shoves her. Broads be uppity these days.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:33:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
He grabbed her before she punched him. Bad punch, he escalated the situation.
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:43:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
He kind of started the whole ball rolling.  He grabbed her first when she got upset about him pushing his way in, then she swung at him AFTER he put his hands on her.
View Quote

Wrong.  She stuck her ass out as he was trying to sneak by with clear intent to stop him from moving to the empty spot and than when he continued anyways she raised a clenched fist at him which he grabbed to prevent being stuck.  She then struggles with her right arm, attempts to knee him in the nuts and hits him in the face with her left.

Watch the long version and pay attention to the hipster immediately to her right to see how a proper human being acts in a crowded bar environment when someone is trying to squeeze into the bar area....   .....because this chick did EXACTLY what seemed to upset her so much.

Obviously special snowflake thought special rules exist for her and the FSU player ruled her pussy-pass invalid.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:49:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe he called her a wigger and that set her off?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:49:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is what I see.  

Of course at FSU the fact of his first assault will be ignored because football player.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:54:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This is what I see.  

Of course at FSU the fact of his first assault will be ignored because football player.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what I see.  

Yes -- he grabbed her raised clenched fist after she intentionally popped her ass into him while he was trying to squeeze by in the same manner she had done seconds before.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:59:36 AM EDT
[#10]
good punch...on her part.  him grabbing her was a big no-no.  funny part is that he rung her bell, but couldn't even put her down.  

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:05:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I interpret him holding her right hand as a defensive move after she threatened him.  She could have ended it there but no...she then hit him.

I don't associate with them but there are females who are scum and are subject to any defensive actions needed to protect yourself.

Until proven otherwise, I stand by the belief that the vast majority of females are decent and should be protected from predators.  If that is sexist, so be it.   I grew up in the South and have three Confederate flags.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:10:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I interpret him holding her right hand as a defensive move after she threatened him.  She could have ended it there but no...she then hit him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it's much better to submit when someone grabs you, rather that defending yourself.  you could prevent the whole thing instead of escalating.

this is why guns are bad.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:16:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

it's much better to submit when someone grabs you, rather that defending yourself.  you could prevent the whole thing instead of escalating.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That you actually believe what you post

How about not raising your fist at someone twice your size (although not literally -- that's a big woman) and popping your ass out as they try to squeeze past you.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:23:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yes -- he grabbed her raised clenched fist after she intentionally popped her ass into him while he was trying to squeeze by in the same manner she had done seconds before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what I see.  

I've never once complained about a woman popping her ass on me, let alone the idea of it making me angry enough for it to all end with me punching her in the face.

FSU fan?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:29:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Good Punch.

It's not a matter of being able to handle a woman hitting you or not, its a matter of she had no fucking right to throw that punch and got what she deserved. I don't care if you have tits or not, if you get aggressive with me, I'm going to return the favor.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:32:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I've never once complained about a woman popping her ass on me, let alone the idea of it making me angry enough for it to all end with me punching her in the face.

FSU fan?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what I see.  

FSU fan?

Nice non-sequitur.  Please try and come up with something less silly -- this isn't Democratic Union where we argue based on 'feels.'

He didn't do anything because she popped his ass at him.  I'm pointing out that he didn't make aggressive physical contact with her until after she did that and then raised a clenched fist at him and even than all he did was grabbed it.

...and here's a question on common-sense for you;  how many FSU fans actually live in Wisconsin?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:33:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

How about not raising your fist at someone twice your size (although not literally -- that's a big woman) and popping your ass out as they try to squeeze past you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

just so i'm clear, you're saying that if someone half your size adopts a defensive posture, you feel justified in laying your hands on him?

whether or not she was a bitch, you don't put your hands on a person.  he was shouldering into her from the get-go, so it's an assholes collide moment right up until he escalates.  he could have adopted a defensive posture if he was scared of getting hit, but instead he grabbed her.  that's simple assault.  

maybe you believe that people should to submit when assaulted.  must make your CCW algorithm pretty interesting.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:36:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

just so i'm clear, you're saying that if someone half your size adopts a defensive posture, you feel justified in laying your hands on him?

Just so we're clear -- she never adopted a "defensive posture."  She was the aggressor from the start.  He didn't even take much notice of her presence until after he was nearly at the bar.  Congratulations on the most ridiculous post of this thread.

whether or not she was a bitch, you don't put your hands on a person.

You also don't use your ass to intentionally knock them out of the way as she did in the five minute version of the video and than raise a closed fist -- e.g. common law assault.

he was shouldering into her from the get-go, so it's an assholes collide moment right up until he escalates.  he could have adopted a defensive posture if he was scared of getting hit, but instead he grabbed her.  that's simple assault.  

She did the exact same thing to the guy immediately to her right seconds before and his reaction was "zero fucks given" as would be the reaction of every normal person in a crowded bar environment.  

maybe you believe that people should to submit when assaulted.  must make your CCW algorithm pretty interesting.

maybe you believe in giving people special treatment simply because they have a vagina.  It's 2015 -- might want to get with the times.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:37:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

whether or not she was a bitch, you don't put your hands on a person.  he was shouldering into her from the get-go, so it's an assholes collide moment right up until he escalates.  he could have adopted a defensive posture if he was scared of getting hit, but instead he grabbed her.  that's simple assault.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it's really not.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:40:15 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Originally Posted By AmericanPeople

I still don't see how he makes first contact by trying to get through to bar. Look at her body language, after she turns her head around the initial time and says something to him. She moves towards the left to block him out, when he continues trying I get to an open spot at the bar she turns around. And elbows him/attempts to elbow him, thereafter putting her forearm on his chest.

Whether or not he should've punched her can be debated until the end of days, but from watching the video I don't see how the intitial body to body contact wasn't a mutual thing due to them trying to get to the bar. I would argue that the escalating contact would've been her trying to force her way to the left to cut him off, then turning and elbowing him.

Eta: we agree on the initial contact at the bar so nvm on that.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:41:10 AM EDT
[#21]
She's standing behind the guy at the bar for about a minute and a half waiting for the two other gals to finish pouring their pitcher before space opens up for her to move up to the counter.  Immediately as she move to the counter, you can see Johnson grab the underside of the counter with his right hand and push her into the bar with his right forearm/elbow - this is when she says something to him.

The prosecuting attorney probably has a better idea of what was said in the exchange than we do, and I'm willing to bet that it's not exculpatory for Johnson - more accurately, the state's attorney is willing to bet on it.  He says she's going to be a good witness.  We'll see.

Conversely, it could be argued that the state's attorney has no choice but to prosecute in this instance because of the Winston case.  In this latter scenario, the state may be less willing to drop charges or offer reduced charges.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:41:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Whether or not he should've punched her can be debated until the end of days, but from watching the video I don't see how the intitial body to body contact wasn't a mutual thing due to them trying to get to the bar. I would argue that the escalating contact would've been her trying to force her way to the left to cut him off, then turning and elbowing him.
View Quote

Yep.  ...and in the five minute version of this video you can witness her doing the EXACT SAME THING to the hipster immediately to her right.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:43:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
She's standing behind the guy at the bar for about a minute and a half waiting for the two other gals to finish pouring their pitcher before space opens up for her to move up to the counter.  Immediately as she move to the counter, you can see Johnson grab the underside of the counter with his right hand and push her into the bar with his right forearm/elbow - this is when she says something to him.

The prosecuting attorney probably has a better idea of what was said in the exchange than we do, and I'm willing to bet that it's not exculpatory for Johnson - more accurately, the state's attorney is willing to bet on it.  He says she's going to be a good witness.  We'll see.

Conversely, it could be argued that the state's attorney has no choice but to prosecute in this instance because of the Winston case.  In this latter scenario, the state may be less willing to drop charges or offer reduced charges.
View Quote

Using your logic the charges in Baltimore are most likely justified against all six officers.

Sorry.  I'm gonna go off of what's shown on the video where it's clear she gets butthurt about him doing exactly what she did.

Further, your point is invalid because there was plenty of room for both of them at the bar.  Had it been only space for one I might have agreed with you.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:44:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
good punch...on her part.  him grabbing her was a big no-no.  funny part is that he rung her bell, but couldn't even put her down.  

View Quote

He's just a quarterback, what do you expect?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:45:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Nice non-sequitur.  Please try and come up with something less silly -- this isn't Democratic Union where we argue based on 'feels.'

He didn't do anything because she popped his ass at him. I'm pointing out that he didn't make aggressive physical contact with her until after she did that and then raised a clenched fist at him and even than all he did was grabbed it.

...and here's a question on common-sense for you;  how many FSU fans actually live in Wisconsin?
View Quote

Bullshit he reached out and grabbed her arm and held it.  This shit is on him.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:46:29 AM EDT
[#26]
He'll have a lot of time to think about it now.  Hope other teams don't allow him to transfer.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:49:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He didn't do anything because she popped his ass at him. I'm pointing out that he didn't make aggressive physical contact with her until after she did that and then raised a clenched fist at him and even than all he did was grabbed it.

Why don't you watch the video.  Go to 1:57;  notice how he isn't touching her at all, her right fist is raised and clenched and her left arm is bent at the elbow and pushing straight across his chest.

It's right there in black and white no matter how many imaginary stories you want to tell.

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2015/07/06/video-shows-punch-that-led-to-qbs-arrest/29775149/
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:50:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

It seemed to me he wasn't willing to put her down. And that will likely get him hurt really bad one day. He has the wrong mindset if he's determined to be a seedy bar hopper. As someone wiser than me once told me when I attempted the bouncing thing "you don't let them tell you when they've had enough, you tell them when they've had enough".
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:50:36 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

He'll have a lot of time to think about it now.  Hope other teams don't allow him to transfer.
View Quote

Yup, FSU just dropped him from the program.

Punching women seems to be REALLY frowned upon these days.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:52:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Some points of order:

-You're going to get jostled in a bar, especially if you're camped out at the bar proper when other people are trying to get drinks, especially in the kind of doucheden that 19-year old quarterbacks gravitate towards.  Fact of life.  Don't like it?  Do your drinking somewhere else.

-Whatever the conversation was, she was the one who cocked her fist back.  If said person had not been equipped with a vagina, this thread would've been 7 pages of "Hurr hurr hurr, fuckin' betamale got what he deserved!"

-Want to be treated like a lady?  Try acting like one

-Could he have handled it better?  Oh shit yeah:  As someone else pointed out, a wellplaced pickup line could've led to him knocking boots with a drunk, angry, slightly hefty blonde, and if you've never done that, it's actually pretty underrated

Quoted:
Huh, first time I watched that video.

I offer this from my law-enforcement perspective and not an FSU alumni/fan perspective ......

He'll beat the charge any day the week.  She was clearly the primary aggressor.

Just because he hits harder doesn't excuse her initial threat under 784.011 ( raised balled up fist and obvious verbal statement that she intended to strike him). He holds her hand/wrist in self defense...that is not battery.  Then she actually commits battery under 784.03.  Him striking her back is self-defense and not a battery.

I agree that most likely wouldn't have hurt him to get punched but that doesn't change the letter of the law  

Any decent lawyer will get that charge dropped immediately.

He still won't play football at FSU.
View Quote

^Agree with all this

While I wouldn't high-five the guy, I wouldn't even countenance the idea of her trying to press assault charges.

**For the record, I couldn't give less of a shit about sports, collegiate or otherwise
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:54:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

maybe you believe in giving people special treatment simply because they have a vagina.  It's 2015 -- might want to get with the times.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol.  

you're bouncing back and forth between trying to make this about her being female, and then ignoring it when inconvenient.  take the gender completely out of the situation.  two assholes are colliding.  one subject takes up a defensive posture, from which is it impossible to throw an effective punch.  instead of taking up a defensive posture, the other subject initiates contact.

sorry.  had she initiated contact, good punch on his part.  but he fucked himself by pre-empting.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:55:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Why don't you watch the video.  Go to 1:57;  notice how he isn't touching her at all, her right fist is raised and clenched and her left arm is bent at the elbow and pushing straight across his chest.

It's right there in black and white no matter how many imaginary stories you want to tell.

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2015/07/06/video-shows-punch-that-led-to-qbs-arrest/29775149/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And then he grabs her arm and holds it.  That's where he escalated, and that's why his asshole is going to get stretched.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:01:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

And then he grabs her arm and holds it.  That's where he escalated, and that's why his asshole is going to get stretched.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes but if a guy were to bury his left forearm into your chest and raise his right hand into a fist would you just sit there expecting he wants to have a discussion or expect to be punched? I see it as him trying to not get hit. I think he will beat this charge. For the record, i have been slapped by a female at a bar and never struck back, its not something i would do.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:02:02 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm pointing out that he didn't make aggressive physical contact with her until after she did

- Bullshit he reached out and grabbed her arm and held it. This shit is on him.

her left arm is bent at the elbow and pushing straight across his chest.

- And then he grabs her arm and holds it.  That's where he escalated

----------------------------------------

So basically, you admit that she started the physical aspect of the altercation via your own writing.  It's good to see that there's someone who can finally admit when they're wrong.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:03:57 AM EDT
[#35]
I wonder how many people in this thread realize that raising your fist in that manner is considered assault in most jurisdictions.

And I'm tired of "brutal" getting added to the description of every altercation.  Two idiots exchanging blows in the a bar with both of them standing afterwards is far from brutal.  Beating downed people with iron bars or lighting them on fire in a ditch is brutal.

Fucking drama whore clickbait journalists
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:05:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:09:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Seems like it's that way a lot of places.  

And I didn't see anything that justifies that kind of punch.  Looked like she was just pushing him away or something.  If she punched him first, I missed it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He'll be fine.

Football > law down there.

Seems like it's that way a lot of places.  

And I didn't see anything that justifies that kind of punch.  Looked like she was just pushing him away or something.  If she punched him first, I missed it.

You clearly see her cock her left fist back with a bent wrist she's just asking to break on her own and launching it towards his face after which he responds with a right cross.

Just because you're the weaker fighter doesn't mean they need to go easy on you.  That's a large violent woman.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:09:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I still don't see how he makes first contact by trying to get through to bar. Look at her body language, after she turns her head around the initial time and says something to him. She moves towards the left to block him out, when he continues trying I get to an open spot at the bar she turns around. And elbows him/attempts to elbow him, thereafter putting her forearm on his chest.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you see this kind of contact constantly in a crowded bar.  there's a ton of jostling, and what he did by putting his hand under the bar (as L_JE pointed out) at 0:09 is common--you're just establishing a space for yourself.  it's all fine up the that point, but then he starts shouldering and working the elbow at about the same time she starts pushing her ass over.  at that point, it's mutual shoving, and no one is the good guy.  

at 0:13, she raises her hand.  we don't know what was said, but she basically puts herself in a wrong-sided interview posture.  you can't throw any kind of effective punch out of that position, but he might claim that he was worried about getting something in his eye or whatever.  ok, fine--either back off or adopt a defensive posture yourself, and you're completely in the clear.  instead, he shoves forward and goes hands-on.  as soon as he does that, she's justified in defending herself.

and then he throws a punch.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:10:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yes but if a guy were to bury his left forearm into your chest and raise his right hand into a fist would you just sit there expecting he wants to have a discussion or expect to be punched? I see it as him trying to not get hit. I think he will beat this charge. For the record, i have been slapped by a female at a bar and never struck back, its not something i would do.
View Quote

I'm not going to reach out and grab his arm, if you want to telegraph your punch I'm ok with that. It won't turn out as you expected.  I see her actions as body language making it clear to him to back the fuck off, instead he grabs her, that's go time in every language.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:15:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

you see this kind of contact constantly in a crowded bar.  there's a ton of jostling, and what he did by putting his hand under the bar (as L_JE pointed out) at 0:09 is common--you're just establishing a space for yourself.  

Agree so far.

it's all fine up the that point, but then he starts shouldering and working the elbow at about the same time she starts pushing her ass over.  at that point, it's mutual shoving, and no one is the good guy.  

False.  His arm never moves from the position he established.  You clearly see him say something to the black chick to his left probably along the lines of "can you move" and she takes about a half step and stays there.  Than you see the dumpy white chick start moving his arm with her body.  

at 0:13, she raises her hand.  we don't know what was said, but she basically puts herself in a wrong-sided interview posture.

For starters why don't you watch the full video instead of the one that leaves out half the relevant details.  There's no wrong-side interview posture.  She has her right fist raised and her left arm pushing against his chest.  

you can't throw any kind of effective punch out of that position,

True.  ...but being an ineffective fighter doesn't mean you get a pussy pass from the law.

but he might claim that he was worried about getting something in his eye or whatever.  ok, fine--either back off or adopt a defensive posture yourself, and you're completely in the clear.  instead, he shoves forward and goes hands-on.

Yes.  After being pushed out of the spot he's in by this white chick for no reason whatsoever it's clear his anger is starting to develop.  He grabs her arm which she has raised with a clenched fist against him.

as soon as he does that, she's justified in defending herself.

No.  She already committed the assault at this point and than furthers her aggression by striking him.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:15:36 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She is obviously responding to him pressing himself into her, smooshing her against the bar for twelve solid seconds by my count. She thought he was being pervy, and finally decided to tell him to back off. He could have grabbed her ass for all we know.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:16:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"you see this red practice jersey?  no touching!!!"
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:16:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Using your logic the charges in Baltimore are most likely justified against all six officers.

Sorry.  I'm gonna go off of what's shown on the video where it's clear she gets butthurt about him doing exactly what she did.

Further, your point is invalid because there was plenty of room for both of them at the bar.  Had it been only space for one I might have agreed with you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can see her waiting for a minute and a half in the full video.  And if there was plenty of room, then why did Johnson push her into the bar?  There was a lot more room for him than for her.

After waiting for a spot to open up, she moves up to the bar, leaving way more space than the previous two did, only to be pushed into the bar by Johnson.  I have no idea why he would shove her like that, because it didn't look like there was any conversation between her and Johnson while she was waiting for a spot to open up.  There was some conversation between the guy with glasses and some other guy off camera, to her left, but that guy was white, as seen by his hand moving into the frame to get the attention of the guy with glasses.  But, the girl wasn't part of that exchange.

When the girl puts her hand on the back of the guy with glasses, that's doesn't constitute battery, that's typical "crowded world" stuff.

Johnson pushing her into the bar looks to go beyond merely incidental contact of "crowded world", and that seems to be what started the altercation, before the girl ever turns around.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

She is obviously responding to him pressing himself into her, smooshing her against the bar for twelve solid seconds by my count. She thought he was being pervy, and telling him to back off. He could have grabbed her ass for all we know.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She is obviously responding to him pressing himself into her, smooshing her against the bar for twelve solid seconds by my count. She thought he was being pervy, and telling him to back off. He could have grabbed her ass for all we know.

So now we have people simply fabricating things.    You can the placement of his right arm throughout the extended video I have linked.  It's grabbing the underside of the bar to the left of the chick.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:22:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'm not going to reach out and grab his arm, if you want to telegraph your punch I'm ok with that. It won't turn out as you expected.  I see her actions as body language making it clear to him to back the fuck off, instead he grabs her, that's go time in every language.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You and i come from different views then, if i can stop from being hit in the face i generally try to stop it. Im not getting any prettier and head shots hurt. I am in no way condoning what he did, but i can see him not getting found guilty based off of the video. The interesting part will be what was spoken between the two parties. That could change my opinion on it quite a bit.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:23:18 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

She is obviously responding to him pressing himself into her, smooshing her against the bar for twelve solid seconds by my count. She thought he was being pervy, and finally decided to tell him to back off. He could have grabbed her ass for all we know.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you're putting too much thought I to the situation. 2 drunk people trying to get to the bar. She just didn't like that fact that he was trying to get past her to an open spot and didn't slow up when she initially pressed back. As stated before, normal behavior at almost any crowded bar. And it would've been hard for him to grab her ass since his body positioning is away from her and his right arm is holding on to the bottom of the bar top.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:24:25 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
So now we have people simply fabricating things.    You can the placement of his right arm throughout the extended video I have linked.  It's grabbing the underside of the bar to the left of the chick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I see his arm now. Are you still maintaining there was no reason for her to tell him to get the hell off of her after being smooshed into the bar for 12 seconds?  
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:25:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You can see her waiting for a minute and a half in the full video.  And if there was plenty of room, then why did Johnson push her into the bar?

For the exact same reason she was bumping into the hipster as she moved up there -- limited space.  

There was a lot more room for him than for her.
 Look at her ass she's intentionally popping into his right arm.  He was trying to move into the open space and she wasn't allowing it

After waiting for a spot to open up, she moves up to the bar, leaving way more space than the previous two did, only to be pushed into the bar by Johnson.

She wasn't "pushed" into the bar.  If you truly think that you must not go out much.  

I have no idea why he would shove her like that,

He isn't "shoving her"  in fact he's grabbing the bottom of the bar with his right arm.  

because it didn't look like there was any conversation between her and Johnson while she was waiting for a spot to open up.  There was some conversation between the guy with glasses and some other guy off camera, to her left, but that guy was white, as seen by his hand moving into the frame to get the attention of the guy with glasses.  But, the girl wasn't part of that exchange.

When the girl puts her hand on the back of the guy with glasses, that's doesn't constitute battery, that's typical "crowded world" stuff.

Everything that took place up to her pushing him with her ass, elbow, and arm was typical "crowded world" stuff.

Johnson pushing her into the bar looks to go beyond merely incidental contact of "crowded world", and that seems to be what started the altercation, before the girl ever turns around.

wrong
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:26:08 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
you see this kind of contact constantly in a crowded bar.  there's a ton of jostling, and what he did by putting his hand under the bar (as L_JE pointed out) at 0:09 is common--you're just establishing a space for yourself.  it's all fine up the that point, but then he starts shouldering and working the elbow at about the same time she starts pushing her ass over.  at that point, it's mutual shoving, and no one is the good guy.  

at 0:13, she raises her hand.  we don't know what was said, but she basically puts herself in a wrong-sided interview posture.  you can't throw any kind of effective punch out of that position, but he might claim that he was worried about getting something in his eye or whatever.  ok, fine--either back off or adopt a defensive posture yourself, and you're completely in the clear.  instead, he shoves forward and goes hands-on.  as soon as he does that, she's justified in defending herself.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's just hard for me to not put some weight behind the fact that when she turned around her left elbow was flared out. If he would've  been and averaged sized guy 5-8:5-10 that would've been in the chin/face area. I don't think anyone turns around that way unless they want to cause some sort of physical contact.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:29:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I see his arm now. Are you still maintaining there was no reason for her to tell him to get the hell off of her after being smooshed into the bar for 12 seconds?  
View Quote

He wasn't pushing into her for 12 seconds.  I just watched the video again.  Please stop fabricating stuff.

...and yes -- I'm maintaining that if someone is squished between me and someone else at a crowded bar trying to get to an open spot I'm not going to start an altercation.  My best friend owns a popular night club and it's happened 1000x already so I know exactly how I'd respond.

If I had to simply "guess" what transpired in her head;  I think that she felt she had waited in line and deserved to be served first.  There are no lines at a club with a single bartender.  Find an opening, get to the bar, get the bartenders attention, be patient.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top