Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:05:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Waze owns page 2
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:05:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bet you can't guess who owns and operates Waze?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I am a fan. The other side of it is that it is Google and they are tracking you with your permission . It works well but is not 100% consider it about 95% on cop accuracy

I bet you can't guess who owns and operates Waze?

Since he just said who owns and operates it, I'm guessing he can.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:06:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Constantly warns me about retread pieces in the road on 85.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great app.
Just this weekend it warned me about an object in the road. Slowed down and paid extra attention. Sure enough, just a bit ahead, a big chunk of angle iron in the road.

It's also saved me from hitting things (mainly shitty retread truck tires ).

Why do you people assume treads are retreads?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:07:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great app.
Just this weekend it warned me about an object in the road. Slowed down and paid extra attention. Sure enough, just a bit ahead, a big chunk of angle iron in the road.

It's also saved me from hitting things (mainly shitty retread truck tires ).

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:08:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I use it a lot on my night job delivering pizza. lots of users in my area so the maps are accurate and hazards are up to date.
very effective for me
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:09:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Pressed hard while signing.
View Quote

For us non-LEOs let us in on the joke.  Does that screw up the rest of the ticket book or something?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:12:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

For us non-LEOs let us in on the joke.  Does that screw up the rest of the ticket book or something?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cops tell you that because tickets usually have 4 or 5 copies.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Is there a way to get waze with Google maps interface? I love the idea behind waze, but hate their map
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:12:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_paper

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:13:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never been pulled over, huh?

When they make you sign the ticket, you are instructed to press hard while signing since you are signing several copies of the ticket at once.

I may or may not have been pulled over on one or more occasions.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:13:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cops used to say "Press hard there's _______ copies" with the old tickets. The ticket he had me sign was a newer computer printed one.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Cops used to say "Press hard there's _______ copies" with the old tickets. The ticket he had me sign was a newer computer printed one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate those. They take longer because they type the damn narrative before you get the ticket.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:17:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I hate those. They take longer because they type the damn narrative before you get the ticket.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He had it done pretty quick.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:18:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Is there a way to get waze with Google maps interface? I love the idea behind waze, but hate their map
View Quote
If you use Google maps/navigation, it automatically integrates waze alerts traffic ect

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:18:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Why even link to that shitty "article?"  

I used Waze all the time on the commute home.  I like that it will update your route while in use to adjust for changing traffic.  Since I'm paranoid, I disable the tracking when not in use (or because it eats my battery).
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:19:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing is fast with DOT.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:19:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Change the navigation voice. Currently I'm using English (US) - Arnold. Use it I Insist.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:27:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I do but I'm curious, what does Waze have anything to do with traveling with guns?

This...

When we drove from Atlanta to the Grand Canyon in May/June, it was nice to know when I might have to deal with LEO in states that didn't honor my carry permit (i.e. NM - fuck you guys).
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't but I live in an area with little traffic.

My brother swears by it (lives in NC, regularly travels to PA on I-95) and he recently introduced my mother to it (same AO) and she loves it.

For getting around traffic congestion, it seems like a good idea.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:38:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I used Waze all the time on the commute home.  I like that it will update your route while in use to adjust for changing traffic.  Since I'm paranoid, I disable the tracking when not in use (or because it eats my battery).
View Quote

I plug my phone into the car charger while using it.

I mainly use it to see what my intended route looks like, cops, construction etc. I like it.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:41:59 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't use it in town but only when on the interstate.

On a trip to Tennessee a couple of weeks ago, it let me know of every cop that I passed and several objects on the highway.

It's a battery hog if not plugged in but a good app to have on the highway.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:28:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I mainly use it to see what my intended route looks like, cops, construction etc. I like it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I usually plug it in while in use as well.  I just mean that it eats my battery even when not in use but with location services enabled for the app.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:30:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I use LEOSA.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Has OP come back to explain his shit blog yet?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:03:50 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've found it to be 100% worthless. And I drive ~9,000 miles a year almost exclusively on high ways.

It might as well generate it's own warnings at random and I'd have the same result.  

Wow. 9k a year?

lol
is he missing missing another 0?

I put more than 9k on my motorcycle, lol.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:16:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Is it possible to mark a road event (police, accident, whatever) after you pass it in waze?

I played with it briefly and I wanted to mark a speed trap but I had passed it and could not figure out how to mark it not in my location.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:23:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Use it all the time on I-5.  It works great!
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:48:00 PM EDT
[#29]
All the time, and I tell all the guys I work with about it too. It's a lifesaver from traffic. The GPS systems in our trucks are shit and don't have traffic integrated, so it can literally save hours/week in driving.

Of course, knowing where speed traps and red light cameras are helps a lot. The rest of the functionality is great too.

Last weekend I used it to avoid probably an extra hour in a 2 hour drive out of Chicago for the 4th.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:49:00 PM EDT
[#30]
I have since December of 2013.

I love it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:50:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Wow. 9k a year?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've found it to be 100% worthless. And I drive ~9,000 miles a year almost exclusively on high ways.

It might as well generate it's own warnings at random and I'd have the same result.  

Wow. 9k a year?

Yea 15k-20k miles on my truck each year....
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:56:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Is it possible to mark a road event (police, accident, whatever) after you pass it in waze?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:12:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

No but he was extremely polite and didn't care that I was carrying and had a passeger seat full of guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did he have a huge dip in his mouth and a 10 gallon hat?

No but he was extremely polite and didn't care that I was carrying and had a passeger seat full of guns.

LOL to NJ.

and to GA

ETA: it appears my membership has expired.  perhaps i should change my flag to Greece?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:23:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Anyone remember the thread here where a cop said he'd go on waze and remove his patrol car being tagged, then people told him that only removes it on his phone
View Quote

Is it wrong if I tag my own cop car while working? Need to get those Waze points somehow
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:26:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That don't work down here and I'm not a cop anymore, ask the GA trooper who pulled me over last week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I use it all the time. Every cop in my area on the side of the road shooting radar or laser is always marked including the local town/county guys who aren't on the highways.

Ha!  Like any cop is gonna ticket another cop!

That don't work down here and I'm not a cop anymore, ask the GA trooper who pulled me over last week.

NYC PBA cards dont work in GA?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:29:51 PM EDT
[#36]

I use it daily, love it.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Is it wrong if I tag my own cop car while working? Need to get those Waze points somehow
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone remember the thread here where a cop said he'd go on waze and remove his patrol car being tagged, then people told him that only removes it on his phone

I use it to know when to move.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:31:35 PM EDT
[#38]

Waze is an Israeli owned/operated company. They database, enrich through algorithms and sell your personal information. For example if you visit a mall X number of times a month your info is valuable to certain retailers. They also have the ability to develop, over time, you precise pattern of life.  

Waze if you want to....I don't

Here's some of the things the track   http://www.zdziarski.com/blog/?p=4827

Your GPS location and driving routes. Of course, some of this is needed to deliver the services described, however it does not need to be stored indefinitely. Waze’s privacy policy states that this information will be used to “create a detailed location history of all the journeys you have made”. The question, of course, is “for whom, exactly?”.

Your home, work, and favorite destinations (as you assign within the application).

All of your chat messages with other Waze users

All queries you make to Waze

All of your calendar information

All of the phone numbers stored on your device’s phone book; in other words, selling out all of your friends to Google.

Your own phone number

Any personally identifiable information you add in your profile (such as your name, gender, photos). Some fields are specifically made mandatory in order to use Waze.

Information from your other social network accounts (explained later).

Information from all mobile devices you’ve ever linked to your account

Meta-data about you: how long you use Waze, information about your device, web pages that you visit within Waze, everything that you read in Waze, advertisements that you view or click on, your communications with other users and third parties, your IP address and domain, and the geolocation of the device you log in from.

Any personal information that comes out of emails you use to contact them; for example, if you sign your emails with a signature line containing your phone number and place of business, Waze gets to use that information.

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:32:59 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I played with it briefly and I wanted to mark a speed trap but I had passed it and could not figure out how to mark it not in my location.

View Quote
Press the "Report" button.

That makes the mark for the location, take as much time as you need to finish the details.

Don't worry about it, it properly places things based on when you first press "report", not when you press "send"
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:35:27 PM EDT
[#40]
This is probably the most pointless blog post being spammed I think I've ever seen. Next please tell us what radio station to listen to if we drive cross country with a gun. And post a thread about it lol
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:43:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

lol! 40k /yr here.

I just downloaded it today, we'll see how good it is.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Not enough people use it where I live to make it useful  Most times I was the only person posting hazards, etc.  I realized I was driving distracted and just gave it up.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:01:13 PM EDT
[#43]
I use it exclusively for navigation, it beats everything else..
I like being able to look for road hazards, etc..and be able to add my own if I see 'em
Been using Waze since 2013.  Never looked back
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:02:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow. 9k a year?

I think I wrote off 29k in 2012
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:02:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I do but I'm curious, how does Waze have anything to do with traveling with guns?
View Quote

I'm not sure it does.  It's not like that taxi-app thing where they say "you can't have a firearm in your car if you use our app".  It's just an advanced map really.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:04:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Waze is an Israeli owned/operated company. They database, enrich through algorithms and sell your personal information. For example if you visit a mall X number of times a month your info is valuable to certain retailers. They also have the ability to develop, over time, you precise pattern of life.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Your GPS location and driving routes. Of course, some of this is needed to deliver the services described, however it does not need to be stored indefinitely. Waze’s privacy policy states that this information will be used to “create a detailed location history of all the journeys you have made”. The question, of course, is “for whom, exactly?”.

Your home, work, and favorite destinations (as you assign within the application).

All of your chat messages with other Waze users

All queries you make to Waze

All of your calendar information

All of the phone numbers stored on your device’s phone book; in other words, selling out all of your friends to Google.

Your own phone number

Any personally identifiable information you add in your profile (such as your name, gender, photos). Some fields are specifically made mandatory in order to use Waze.

Information from your other social network accounts (explained later).

Information from all mobile devices you’ve ever linked to your account

Meta-data about you: how long you use Waze, information about your device, web pages that you visit within Waze, everything that you read in Waze, advertisements that you view or click on, your communications with other users and third parties, your IP address and domain, and the geolocation of the device you log in from.

Any personal information that comes out of emails you use to contact them; for example, if you sign your emails with a signature line containing your phone number and place of business, Waze gets to use that information.

Zionist conspiracy?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:08:24 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Not enough people use it where I live to make it useful  Most times I was the only person posting hazards, etc.  I realized I was driving distracted and just gave it up.
View Quote

I always let my co-pilot use it when we are traveling. It gives her something to do and I don't have to be distracted.  

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:14:47 PM EDT
[#48]
The last Waze thread was awesome.

[paraphrasing of course]

A certain popular blowhard arfcop smugly types- I love Waze. When I setup to run RADAR and see my post spotted, I mark it as Im not there and it takes me right off the map!! I sit and laugh as I pull people over!!

Another poster- Um, hey Matlock.. You know it takes 10+ responses that it is inaccurate to take you off the map. It only took it off of your map!

He didnt post in that thread again.

Gold, Jerry!

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:22:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

[paraphrasing of course]

A certain popular blowhard arfcop smugly types- I love Waze. When I setup to run RADAR and see my post spotted, I mark it as Im not there and it takes me right off the map!! I sit and laugh as I pull people over!!

Another poster- Um, hey Matlock.. You know it takes 10+ responses that it is inaccurate to take you off the map. It only took it off of your map!

Gold, Jerry!

View Quote

Who was that blowhard?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:24:34 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Who was that blowhard?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

[paraphrasing of course]

Gold, Jerry!

Who was that blowhard?

i honestly dont remember. one of the usual suspects.

(not you)

it was funny though
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top