Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2015 1:06:54 AM EDT
And holy crap does it suck thus far.

I get it. The scope of the movie is ambitious. Film the same cast over the course of 12 years. It's something that really hasn't been done before. That's a neat idea.

The next step is to have a fucking plot. Just filming random disjointed vignettes that don't lead to anything else over the course of 12 years is not a plot. Not to mention the acting is horrible.

The movie is almost 3 hours long. Does it get any better?  Is there any sort of redeeming quality that I can expect in the next hour and 45 minutes?  

Please give me hope arfcom
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:08:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I felt the same way, couldn't make it through the whole thing.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:08:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I like artsy stuff and I bailed an hour into that snooze-fest. I don't have kids, and I have a great set of parents and none of it hit home for me.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:15:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Cant help you I only made it thru 20 min.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:16:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:10:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Day crew bump. I gave up for the night and will try and finish this shit up this evening.

I feel swindled though that this movie got such major Oscar hype. Seriously, there has to be something that redeems this movie, right?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:21:41 AM EDT
[#6]
the plot is the mom should of stuck it out with dad 1 and thus avoided drunken a-hole 2&3
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:31:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Fucking terrible movie.  I suffered through an hour of that shit before I told the ol' lady I was too drunk and had to go to bed.

She continued to watch it.  The next morning she said she should have given up and gone to bed with me.

PSA

Morticai (sp?) is just as fucking horrible.  Made it 20 minutes on that turd.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:33:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Cool concept but runs out of steam fast.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:34:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Movie sucks.  I don't think I finished it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:36:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I think the only movie that ended up well after they started filming without any idea of where it was going was Casablanca...
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:38:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Why would anyone go out of their way to watch this movie?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#12]
OP, do you ever Linklater bro???

That said, his earlier films like Slacker and Dazed and Confused are better and more enjoyable because they were more organic and suited to his sensibilities.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:48:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why would anyone go out of their way to watch this movie?
View Quote

it was on the netflix queue.  we try and watch all the movies that were nominated for best picture.  

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:51:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
OP, do you ever Linklater bro???

That said, his earlier films like Lower and Dazed and Confused are better and more enjoyable because they were more organic and suited to his sensibilities.
View Quote

I do.  I enjoyed dazed and confused.  I also REALLY liked the movie Bernie.  I thought that was a VERY underrated film and may have been one of my favorite movies of 2011.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Movie=turd. In other words...hollywood loved it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:53:31 AM EDT
[#16]
One of the most original concepts for a film ever, completely wasted on a shitty script.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:54:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Movie=turd. In other words...hollywood loved it.
View Quote

Hollywood thinks that everything that squirts from its ass is gold plated.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:58:10 AM EDT
[#18]
I enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#19]
At least you were at home to watch it instead of spending a bunch of cash at the theater.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top