Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/5/2015 10:08:51 PM EDT
Why the hell didn't someone tell me about this magic device sooner?

Picked up one at Best Buy today, and absolutely love it so far. Runs all my apps for work without issue, including a couple that are both processor and RAM intensive. Also love not being on a mobile OS, or being stuck with iOS which doesn't support 95 percent of the applications I use for work. I have both a fully functioning PC and tablet with this, my iPad can now sit on a shelf and collect dust, as well it should.

If you are on the fence about buying one, do it! When the Pro 4 is out, this one will stay at work. I'm sold.

ETA: anyone have good suggestions for a rugged case and/or a small briefcase for it?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:14:05 PM EDT
[#1]
We have. Numerous times but it gets drowned out by the "Why didn't you just get an iPad?" or "My Asus does the same shit and it was only $400."

Get the dock. A papertowel with some dishsoap helps keep the touchcover keyboard clean.

Btw, Which one did you get?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:16:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Love my Surface Pro 3!  Got my daughter a Surface 3 for school as well.  UAG are the place to go for cases.

Urban Armor Gear

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:16:51 PM EDT
[#3]
It's the ultimate tablet, without a doubt. Love mine, I can use all the normal Windows programs - including the freeware ones - on it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:18:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We have. Numerous times but it gets drowned out by the "Why didn't you just get an iPad?" or "My Asus does the same shit and it was only $400."

Get the dock. A papertowel with some dishsoap helps keep the touchcover keyboard clean.

View Quote

i7, 512gb, keyboard cover, one touch mouse, an a USB to Ethernet adapter to use a CarDAQ. Which, amazingly I got to work after fixing a couple issue (CarDAQ communication is notoriously picky)

ETA- So glad not to be relying on any Apple device now (hate the company as a whole). I don't feel bad having spent the extra money now- after using this, I see I got what I paid for.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:31:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i7, 512gb, keyboard cover, one touch mouse, an a USB to Ethernet adapter to use a CarDAQ. Which, amazingly I got to work after fixing a couple issue (CarDAQ communication is notoriously picky)

ETA- So glad not to be relying on any Apple device now (hate the company as a whole). I don't feel bad having spent the extra money now- after using this, I see I got what I paid for.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It is really one of the few tech devices that is worth every penny. No sitting at my desk and wondering why I spent money on something that will ultimately end up in a box or getting handed down to a family member. Too bad most people don't believe Microsoft can make high quality computer hardware. The Xbox doesn't help

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:36:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm thinking of picking one up. Which version is preferable?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:37:36 PM EDT
[#7]
And as for a case, I have yet to find a good one. I'm currently using a nylon portfolio that fits the SP3 perfectly. I think a zipper sleeve would be best, the SP3 has the infinitely adjustable kickstand, unlike the Surface RT.

I sometimes use it for work - load up the meeting PDF, then write notes on it with the stylus. Very convenient.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:39:22 PM EDT
[#8]
This is the case droid you seek:
http://www.urbanarmorgear.com/products/scout-microsoft-surface-pro
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:43:05 PM EDT
[#9]
buddy bought the surface 3 pro i7 and loves it. I'm a desktop kinda guy. have a laptop, a 7" win 8.1 tablet and several tablets from Ipad mini to android full size tablets. Hate them all but my Iphone and my desktop.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:45:51 PM EDT
[#10]
It's nice if you're looking for a true laptop replacement.

I wanted just more of a tablet so I bought an iPad, for much cheaper than a surface.

But if I was looking for something more powerful I'd get the Surface Pro 3.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:45:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Jerry Pournelle has been writing about his adventures with the Surface Pro 3.  Good and not so good:

http://www.jerrypournelle.com/chaosmanor/
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:58:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Played with the Pro 1, Pro 2, and Pro 3

If I had to give an order of preference, 2 > 1 > 3

And among my friends the consensus is the same for the pro 3... Poor cooling design, battery life is meh, and it's just too big for what it's trying to be.
I'd say from personal experience, that the Pro 2 was an ideal all around unit save for a 2nd USB port which would have made it perfect.

Course once I could afford it, I ditched the surface experience for a Sager laptop and a samsung S tab... I just don't like the pro trying to do everything and being a mediocre all around unit. If I want to draw I'll use a bamboo tablet, not the sub-par pen the surface series uses.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:15:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I have the regular surface 2 and I think it's awesome. I almost got an ipad but saw some videos on YouTube from some guy putting it through its paces.

The critical reviews didn't make any sense as it would compare the iPad with a tablet and sing it's praises then compare the surface 2 to a computer and find fault.

Anyway, I am so glad I got something useful.  I can make and use my budget spreadsheet, surf the web, use one note, and listen to music without a hitch.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:23:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Traded my ipad air for a Surface Pro 3 about 4 months ago.  No regrets.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:25:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I've always thought they were pretty slick.  But part of me wonders if they are a "master of none" kind of device?

It's bigger than an iPad so using it as a tablet will feel a bit more clunky.

I'm skeptical that it would be able to run a monitor and peripherals 40+ hours a week and not have any overheating issues, not to mention what would performance be compared to a traditional laptop.

That being said, I still like the idea.  But I'm firmly entrenched in the Apple camp and with icloud, imessage and everything being synced across my work mac, home mac, iphone and ipad, it wouldn't really work for my needs.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:29:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I've always thought they were pretty slick.  But part of me wonders if they are a "master of none" kind of device?

It's bigger than an iPad so using it as a tablet will feel a bit more clunky.

I'm skeptical that it would be able to run a monitor and peripherals 40+ hours a week and not have any overheating issues, not to mention what would performance be compared to a traditional laptop.

That being said, I still like the idea.  But I'm firmly entrenched in the Apple camp and with icloud, imessage and everything being synced across my work mac, home mac, iphone and ipad, it wouldn't really work for my needs.
View Quote

I won't try to talk you out of the ecosystem you're bought into, as I run a lot of Apple myself. I will say that my main dev box at work, and innumerable test units (Surface 3 and Surface Pro 3), have been running various loads and with various peripherals for 18 months now without a hiccup other that some bad Windows Updates. I love them, I use them for everything I can, and if I didn't do a lot of graphics-intensive gaming I would use one as my main machine at home.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:45:19 PM EDT
[#17]
I've had a Surface Pro 1 i5 128GB with Type Cover since they first came out a bit over two years ago.  Still in like new condition despite using it every day.  It goes everywhere with me.  Runs everything I need quickly.  Battery is PLENTY good for me - I get about 5-6 hours while keeping screen brightness reasonable and shutting off radios when not needed.  Would like to find one of the battery keyboards for a close out price just in case.  Running Win 10 10162 now.  I have a 128GB microSD for additional near-line storage.

I have two iPads now just collecting dust and I sold my 13" MBA.

I'll upgrade when they get LTE built in.  Most likely due with version 5 since 4 is locked into same form factor as 3 due to enterprise needs.

Sucks that Wacom pulled the licensing for the good pressure sensitive stylus after Surface Pro 2.

Only cons I see are the fact it doesn't stand up like a laptop.  On a plane it is awkward to deploy.  The single kickstand position is too steep but that was cured in later revisions.  I'm hoping Lenovo makes a MacBook Air 11" sized version of the Carbon X1 with i5 or greater, high DPI screen, LTE, and decent battery.  That would solve everything I don't like about Surface.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:52:23 PM EDT
[#18]
I think they are great devices.
I still use my SP1 daily for my job, still runs great.

I agree with the poster above me about the cons.
I have to warn people about that when they inquire about mine, doesn't make a good "lap" laptop, other than that it's GTG.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:02:35 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I'm thinking of picking one up. Which version is preferable?
View Quote
Depends but the i7 with 128gb is only $1299 which is a great deal. I hope that it's Microsoft dumping excess components in anticipation of a Surface Pro 4 launch.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:30:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

And among my friends the consensus is the same for the pro 3... Poor cooling design, battery life is meh, and it's just too big for what it's trying to be.
I'd say from personal experience, that the Pro 2 was an ideal all around unit save for a 2nd USB port which would have made it perfect.

Course once I could afford it, I ditched the surface experience for a Sager laptop and a samsung S tab... I just don't like the pro trying to do everything and being a mediocre all around unit. If I want to draw I'll use a bamboo tablet, not the sub-par pen the surface series uses.
View Quote

Surface 1 and 2 are useless to me in this application, as is my iPad and Samsung tab, due to the fact they won't run PC applications.

My current work laptop is a Toughbook CF30, so carrying this around is like a damn phone in comparison.

It also just smoked through a 512k RSA hash on a 6.7 Ford Diesel processor and calibration in about 60 seconds No heat problems so far while running 4 tuning applications simultaneously. These 4 have a habit of bogging down my toughbook.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:40:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Don't know too much about them, but I'm looking at upgrading from my iPad4.

How does the access work on the 4G wireless for the Surface?  Are they contract or month-to-month?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:48:22 AM EDT
[#22]
They're OK. We use some in the office. They're OK for people that only need to email and look at spreadshits or whatever. They can undock and it take it on the road and not have to take a laptop or whatever. Use a dock tho in my opinion. The keyboard sucks. As long as you are using it for really non processor heavy stuff no reason you can't use a dock and use it like a desktop unless you are looking to game or whatever.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:48:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Surface 1 and 2 are useless to me in this application, as is my iPad and Samsung tab, due to the fact they won't run PC applications.

My current work laptop is a Toughbook CF30, so carrying this around is like a damn phone in comparison.

It also just smoked through a 512k RSA hash on a 6.7 Ford Diesel processor and calibration in about 60 seconds No heat problems so far while running 4 tuning applications simultaneously. These 4 have a habit of bogging down my toughbook.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe I misunderstood, but did you think the surface 1 and 2 wont run any windows applications?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:56:39 AM EDT
[#24]
I think the SP3 is a pretty cool device. I'd love something like that for work, even though the format wouldn't be something I'd REALLY need. I'd run it with either Virtualbox or VMWare Fusion, and run a VM with Linux for all my sysadmin duties.

Pretty soon I'll be getting a laptop for work and will do that, but the Surface Pros aren't an option. I'll be getting some 13" Dell. Not a bad machine. Forgot what model, but it's got an i7 and 16GB RAM. I would have upgraded the RAM to 16GB myself if it didn't come with.

For personal stuff, I'm sticking with my MacBook Pro 13". I don't think I'll ever use anything else for that role... but I don't use anything else that is Apple. No iPhone, no iPad, no iMac (I could get by with an iMac at home, but I'd have to dual boot into Windows for games and such)

Anyway, yeah, the Surface Pro 3 looks nice... but I don't really have a use for one. If I did, I'd get one with no hesitation.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:04:22 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you pay 1800 for it? That's the price I see on Amazon.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:13:43 AM EDT
[#26]
I have owned 50+ computers over my life (I'm a IT guy), and my Surface Pro 3 is my favorite out of the entire bunch. Truly a great device.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:38:41 AM EDT
[#27]
I just bought an i5 128 gig SP3.

It is truly a master of none. Too large for a talbet, too awkward to use as a laptop unless it is sitting on a hard flat surface, the cooling fan makes a lot of noise and it runs hotter than expected.

Keyboard sucks and feels cheap. Keyboard cover makes a cheesy cover.

Decided to order a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 12.... and wow, very impressed with this machine. I5, 128ssd, 8 gigs of ram. It is the perfect size for someone on the go. Fast and smooth. It is everything the SP3 should have been and $4-500 cheaper.

The Thinkpad is much more robust in build quality. Makes the SP3 feels like a toy in comparision.

Needless to say the SP3 is being returned.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:42:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Wife loves her surface pro 3. Great device. We always upgrade and are looking to get rid of our surface pro 1 if anybody is interested
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:03:13 AM EDT
[#29]
My wife likes hers when its working. Screen shakes sometime (no idea on that) and I personally think windows 8 sucks (she agrees)
When I get some time someday I need to dig into it and see about making it run smooth for her. I've just been lazy about it. I bought the i7 pro 3
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:00:39 AM EDT
[#30]
I got one to replace my broken Motion Computing tablet pc. The non Wacom stylus freezes so often as to be useless. And the surface pro  3 overheats and shuts off whenever I use it to watch a movie. Even though I make sure to keep the vents clear. I'm writing this on my now fixed Motion Computing Tablet pc. Too bad Motion Computing no longer makes the good screen size anymore.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:16:37 AM EDT
[#31]
I want it, but I probably won't be able to afford one until the surface pro 5 is out.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:37:06 AM EDT
[#32]
While it is a good device for most people, it doesnt do it all.
Really watch the overheating throttling of the processor. If it gets too warm it will throttle back to under 1Mhgz in some instances.

So rendering and etc.... will make it laggy.

I have handled a few in the office. (I am the IT director. We have a use what we provide or buy your own. I will do the initial setup, otherwise nothing more.)

The screens are really clear, the I7 got pretty warm when I put it through a stress test.

The I5 was quicker most of the time, probably due to the heat throttle. The I3 is not even worth getting. It was laggy as soon as I put Office on it.

Its not a complete PC replacement but closer.

I spent under a 1000$ and bought a Yoga 3. No throttling, dedicated GPU.

Turns into a tablet, stand, laptop, etc when I need it.

But that is just what I require, some will not.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:48:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Maybe I misunderstood, but did you think the surface 1 and 2 wont run any windows applications?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't mean it quite like that. However, from previous attempts with an employee's device (Surface 2) I couldn't get any software we use which uses .net framework to function, despite the device supposedly supporting it. Surface 3 has no issues.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:52:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was 19xx.xx with tax. Don't remember exactly, as I had some other shit on the ticket also.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:59:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Didn't mean it quite like that. However, from previous attempts with an employee's device (Surface 2) I couldn't get any software we use which uses .net framework to function, despite the device supposedly supporting it. Surface 3 has no issues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotchya.

Yes - any MS Surface running the "Surface RT" was not capable of adding in your own windows Desktop applications, they only ran additional applications via the app store.  These were much cheaper versions of the tablet with ARM processors which were the limiting factor.

By release date:

Surface (RT) - June 2012
Surface Pro - Feb 2013
Surface 2 (RT) - Oct 2013
Surface Pro 2 - Oct 2013
Surface Pro 3 - Jun 2014
Surface 3 - March 2015

Only the two above using (RT) OS were limited like that.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:40:10 PM EDT
[#36]
I've had a SP3 since last august. i5 128gb 4gb ram version. Screen quality and QA have been sucky, but I have microsofts 2 year warranty for 100$ I have a faint yellow line down the left side of the screen. Not annoying enough for me to exchange.

I think the 12" screen is perfect. In the Sp4 I hope they go with a more substantial heat sink for the CPU and a better cooling fan to eliminate thermal throttling. I can bust out some basic games. I use it as my ebook reader in bed mostly.

my only gripe is their pricing structure. $300 more for 4gb of ddr3 and 128gb more SSD? It costs ~$100 for the move from i5 128 to i5 256 yet then charge a 200% premium.

in a perfect world they'd price their Surface Pros like

I3 64 $700

i5 128 $850

i5 256(8gb ddr3) $1000

I7 512 $1300

but MS is finally profitable in the surface pro line
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:44:50 PM EDT
[#37]
So I have the disc with Adobe Photoshop CS6, how do I load it, or do you need to buy accessories like an external disc player?

At which point, aren't you just building a notebook?

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:50:24 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

So I have the disc with Adobe Photoshop CS6, how do I load it, or do you need to buy accessories like an external disc player?

At which point, aren't you just building a notebook?

View Quote

if you have access to a laptop or desktop with a player you would rip the disc to ISO, then use a utility to burn ISO to USB or copy over network to the SP3.

FYI Adobe has planned obsolencesed CS6 and early on high DPI monitors ( they don't let you increase icon/button sizes). They only include the feature in creative cloud.

Fuck them.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:01:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hold on a minute there professor (I've always wanted to use that!)

The Surface PRO 1 and surface PRO 2 are full fledged Windows tablets that run ALL PC compatible software.

The Surface RT series do not run PC applications.  These are the useless units that MS took a 900 million dollar write off on unsold inventory.

Surface PRO 1 and 2 will run all your truck ECM applications.

There is not a Surface 3 RT edition to worry about.  All Surface 3 units are full fledged PCs.

Typical MS confusion.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:10:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The Surface PRO 1 and surface PRO 2 are full fledged Windows tablets that run ALL PC compatible software.

The Surface RT series do not run PC applications.  These are the useless units that MS took a 900 million dollar write off on unsold inventory.

There is not a Surface 3 RT edition to worry about.  All Surface 3 units are full fledged PCs.

Typical MS confusion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Typical MS confusion.

This was already covered above.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:38:21 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

The Surface RT series do not run PC applications. These are the useless units that MS took a 900 million dollar write off on unsold inventory.

There is not a Surface 3 RT edition to worry about. All Surface 3 units are full fledged PCs.

Typical MS confusion.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Surface RT series do not run PC applications. These are the useless units that MS took a 900 million dollar write off on unsold inventory.

There is not a Surface 3 RT edition to worry about. All Surface 3 units are full fledged PCs.

Typical MS confusion.

The RT versions are far from useless. They are more like super tablets, not laptops. Mine came with the RT version of office, which I find quite adequate for almost all of my needs.

The RT version (at least the surface 2 that I have) doesn't have a fan, doesn't get hot and sits just fine on my lap with a small light lap board thing.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:10:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The RT versions are far from useless. They are more like super tablets, not laptops. Mine came with the RT version of office, which I find quite adequate for almost all of my needs.

The RT version (at least the surface 2 that I have) doesn't have a fan, doesn't get hot and sits just fine on my lap with a small light lap board thing.
View Quote

Yep.  USB, full MS office, and makes a great tableside web browser, good battery life.  I have the original Surface RT (1st gen) and it is still kicking great with Windows 8.1 RT.  It's a little slow for some websites today, but does great for reading arfcom, watching movies on the plane, etc.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:15:11 PM EDT
[#43]
I would love one, but work would only buy me a Dell Venue 11 pro.

Fucking IT has had it for a month, and I won't get it for another two weeks, until they adequately load bloatware on it.

Still rocking a CoreM-5Y71, 8GB, 256GB SSD.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:17:57 PM EDT
[#44]
I replaced my laptop and my desktop with one slick device, and I can take it everywhere with me, which is great as a small business owner. Lets not forget how well it surfs the ARF.

OP, glad you found your way to a new Surface!
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:20:06 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Was 19xx.xx with tax. Don't remember exactly, as I had some other shit on the ticket also.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:19:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Is this legit?  Does the pricing sound right?
http://www.plumersvariety.com/microsoft-surface-pro-3-64gb-i3-tablet-computer-417-p.asp

Microsoft Surface Pro 3 64GB / Intel i3 Tablet Computer, Model 4YM00001

$400.00

I have never heard of this company.  No surprise as there are so many on the internet.  
I was in Staples today and they had the Surface 3 (Not Pro) for $499.99.

Microsoft Surface 3, Intel Processor, 64GB, 10.8" display

Item: 1597876

/ Model :
                       7G5-00001

Quad Core Intel® Atom™ x7 processor 1.6Ghz (2.4Ghz burst speed) running Windows 8.1

• 64GB Storage on-board memory and 2GB RAM

• 10.8'' Clear Type Full HD Display with 1920 x 1280 Resolution and 10 point multi-touch

I am looking on eBay and the Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2 run around $290.00 - $350.00.

Hopefully I'll be able to make a selection in the next couple of days...

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:04:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Is this legit?  Does the pricing sound right?

http://www.plumersvariety.com/microsoft-surface-pro-3-64gb-i3-tablet-computer-417-p.asp

Microsoft Surface Pro 3 64GB / Intel i3 Tablet Computer, Model 4YM00001

$400.00

I have never heard of this company.  No surprise as there are so many on the internet.  

I was in Staples today and they had the Surface 3 (Not Pro) for $499.99.

Microsoft Surface 3, Intel Processor, 64GB, 10.8" display                                                            Item: 1597876                                         / Model :                        7G5-00001                                          

Quad Core Intel® Atom™ x7 processor 1.6Ghz (2.4Ghz burst speed) running Windows 8.1
  • 64GB Storage on-board memory and 2GB RAM
  • 10.8'' Clear Type Full HD Display with 1920 x 1280 Resolution and 10 point multi-touch

I am looking on eBay and the Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2 run around $290.00 - $350.00.

Hopefully I'll be able to make a selection in the next couple of days...                                                                                                                        

View Quote

That's WAY to low for a new SP3.

Heck, that's low for a Refurb.

I did get my Dell Venue 11 Pro, and I love it. (It's the spendy one)
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:11:11 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Love my Surface Pro 3!  Got my daughter a Surface 3 for school as well.  UAG are the place to go for cases.

Urban Armor Gear
View Quote
This.  Also pick up a Microsoft wireless HDMI adapter, you can project to any TV with a HMDI port.

I got one for work and travel, don't have to take it out of my bag at security checks (it's classified as a tablet) and I can use it on the plane the entire time (tablet again).  Get the magnetic keyboard to complete it, the Surface Pro 3 is one of the few pieces of hardware that Microsoft has gotten right.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:23:51 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Typical MS confusion.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Typical MS confusion.

So, the Surface 3 (not the Pro) is a full fledged PC?  It will run all of the regular PC software and is not limited to the app store?  

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:29:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

So, the Surface 3 (not the Pro) is a full fledged PC?  It will run all of the regular PC software and is not limited to the app store?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Typical MS confusion.

correct. they got rid of windows rt.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top