Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:36:19 PM EDT
[#1]
That's awesome!

Pudge Rodriguez used to do that AND pick guys off at first from his knees.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:37:28 PM EDT
[#2]
That guy as a cannon for an arm.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:40:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Yadi is getting up there in age now, but he's a first ballot hall of famer in my opinion based on defense and staff management alone.

One of the best ever and a joy to watch.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:41:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's awesome!

Pudge Rodriguez used to do that AND pick guys off at first from his knees.
View Quote

The man!
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:02:08 PM EDT
[#5]
That put-out should be recorded 2.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:10:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn that was great. Sucks for Kemp, he's been having a rough time this year.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:11:36 PM EDT
[#7]
You guys are so late to the game....Benito Santiago #33 of the San Francisco Giants perfected that and did it way back in 2002
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:12:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yadi is getting up there in age now, but he's a first ballot hall of famer in my opinion based on defense and staff management alone.

View Quote

This. He could be a .200 hitter and still be one of the all time greatest Cardinal catchers in history. He has been the rock behind the last decade of Cardinal success. He's just awesome to watch.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:34:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Look up Tony Pena
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:34:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You guys are so late to the game....Benito Santiago #33 of the San Francisco Giants perfected that and did it way back in 2002
View Quote

Uh, Santiago was doing it for the Padres in 1987.  Of course, he had 22 errors that year.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:36:58 PM EDT
[#11]
holy moses.  that was amazing.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:44:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
This. He could be a .200 hitter and still be one of the all time greatest Cardinal catchers in history. He has been the rock behind the last decade of Cardinal success. He's just awesome to watch.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed, makes me think how many teams were willing to cough up big ones for Yadier to play on their teams.

I have a strong feeling he'll get into the Hall of Fame and have free seats at the Stadium for the rest of his life.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:46:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

all true. a beast.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:47:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I loved Santiago. he was unreal behind the plate. his "look" was odd for a pro baseball player. he looked like he just got out of C block.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:51:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hate the Cards but you are 100% correct. Neck tats and all Yadi is an awesome baseball player.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:55:19 PM EDT
[#16]
.284 BA for his career doesn't hurt either.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:06:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Look up Tony Pena
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:11:50 PM EDT
[#18]
McCann of the Tigers is pretty good on the steal too.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:22:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Good catcher that one!
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:23:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Hate the Cards but you are 100% correct. Neck tats and all Yadi is an awesome baseball player.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree, he's first ballot.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:35:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Great defensive catcher.  Helluva throw.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:05:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
McCann of the Tigers is pretty good on the steal too.
View Quote

He's been gunning 'em down regularly.
He darn near got McCutchen from the knees the other day, but Hardy gave him a huge lead.

The throwback to 1st is what impresses me. The kid is as fast out of the glove as Iggy.

Molina is damn good, but give McCann a couple years. He's already proven himself to be one of the best, even as a Rookie.

Watch though. DD will trade him off for a washed up reliever, and keep Avila.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top