Great Movie

Shawshank Redemption is up there too
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:54:13 PM EDT
[#3]
It is ok.  Not my favorite though.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:05:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Jenny was a whore that didn't give a shit about him until he got rich. Then she kept his son from him until she found out she was sick and wanted him to take care of her and little Forrest. Jenny was a whore
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:11:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:21:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't get the hate for Jenny. She was a broken human. She was clearly portrayed this way in the movie. Jenny avoided Forrest not out of selfishness, but out of a desire to not drag him down to her level.

Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:26:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Jenny was a whore but anyone who has loved a girl since early childhood would understand why Forrest did what he did. It comes to a point where you realize what a fucking idiot she is and although u want to hate her, u can't. Forrest loved her unconditionally, something that is to be admired. He wasn't a smart man but he knew what love was:(. Too bad jenny never did.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:28:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Great movie. Totally different from the book though.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:47:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't get the hate for Jenny. She was a broken human. She was clearly portrayed this way in the movie. Jenny avoided Forrest not out of selfishness, but out of a desire to not drag him down to her level.

Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks.
View Quote

It was total selfishness. Her life up until the end was all about Jenny. It wasn't until she was sick and used up that she crawled to Forrest for food and shelter.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:49:21 PM EDT
[#10]
That movie is why everyone hates Nathaniel Bedford Forrest.

Oh, and sometimes when there's a big storm coming I'll hop in my kid's treehouse and yell "IS THAT ALL YOU GOT!?"  Neighbors sometimes get scared.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:10:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Great battle scenes. The Phantom's dropping napalm, made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:40:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Watching it again, after I watched it last night.  I swear this is my favorite movie ever
View Quote
It's good but it's no Shawshank

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top