BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:40:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The flag is now a freedom of speech and freedom of thought issue.
I am from the North.
I will fly the Stars and Bars because  O Bummer and his crowd want to forbid it.
View Quote

That's where I'm at. . . I live in a liberal stronghold in WA state and I couldn't be more applaud by this bullshit.  

It worries me how easily and fluidly all these straight R states and major corporations went along with the script after John Stewart decided to make his bullshit "wallpaper of racism" speech. . . . it was instantaneous and the mindless liberal masses decided to follow without hesitation.

Not only does it detract from the real issues of mental health, the marginalization of young white males, the shit economy, and shit job prospects, but it does nothing but further divide the US and paint all Southerners with a broad brush.

Fuck the daily show and fuck anyone who decides to go along with this liberal SJW policy of selective historical revisionism. The fact we're having this debate is so asinine I don't know where to begin.

Protip: the flag didn't make that little fucker shoot up a church, and abolishing it won't stop the next Dylan Roof.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:43:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That's where I'm at. . . I live in a liberal stronghold in WA state and I couldn't be more applaud by this bullshit.  

It worries me how easily and fluidly all these straight R states and major corporations went along with the script after John Stewart decided to make his bullshit "wallpaper of racism" speech. . . . it was instantaneous and the mindless liberal masses decided to follow without hesitation.

Not only does it detract from the real issues of mental health, the marginalization of young white males, the shit economy, and shit job prospects, but it does nothing but further divide the US and paint all Southerners with a broad brush.

Fuck the daily show and fuck anyone who decides to go along with this liberal SJW policy of selective historical revisionism. The fact we're having this debate is so asinine I don't know where to begin.

Protip: the flag didn't make that little fucker shoot up a church, and abolishing it won't stop the next Dylan Roof.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The flag is now a freedom of speech and freedom of thought issue.
I am from the North.
I will fly the Stars and Bars because  O Bummer and his crowd want to forbid it.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:45:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Coke CEO making an official statement in 3...2...1...

If NASCAR wants to keep making money, they are going to have to answer the phone when the big sponsors call...

If Coke wants to keep making money, the CEO is going to answer the phone when the big stock holders call...

View Quote

I did not know that corporations made money off stock holders.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
"Old man yells at cloud"
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh shit waiting for Bohr Adams to post on this one and expound his knowledge of sponsorships and economics he pulled from Wikipedia. lol

It will of course be backed up by out of context snippets to support his myopic views..substantiation and all.

Then when he gets hung out to dry Josh will step in to deflect with his personal experience of racism...lol

"Old man yells at cloud"

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:29:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Confederate sympathizers?  That's a good one.

I know people who fly the confederate battle flag and probably couldn't recite one pertinent fact about the civil war...what it was about, which states were on which side, or a single name other than Lincoln that was involved with it.  

They see it as a symbol of "Southern Pride" and rebellion against the Man, and see no reason to give it up anymore than they see to give up Bud Light.
View Quote

Does this mean I have to start drinking Bud Light?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:30:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If NASCAR wants to keep making money, they are going to have to answer the phone when the big sponsors call...

If Coke wants to keep making money, the CEO is going to answer the phone when the big stock holders call...

You don't understand sponsorships.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:32:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's not about the flag.
View Quote

I have spent much of the day reading about China's Cultural Revolution and Mao's Little Read Book.   Very enlightening
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:47:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Did we all forget the NRA 500 that was called the Texas 500 and had logos not in the camera angles

Fuck nascrap
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:54:38 PM EDT
[#9]
wheres the pics?  
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:55:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Well the Yankee 400 is rained out.  Fucks be upon them
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:01:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The question is not how long the Confederate flag will be flown by confederate sympathizers....
View Quote

The question is how long the Confederate flag will be flown by pissed off people that wouldn't have flown it before all the shit got stirred up.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:09:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I simply cannot understand the logic behind thinking " OK,this company doesn't respect my heritage and the heritage of the sport*,let's give them money to show how mad we are at them". Empty stands speaks much,much louder than flags.

*going with the flag being about heritage and NASCAR being a sport.
View Quote

that's how I see it too.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:13:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Can you please show us on the doll where the evil piece of paper and/or flag touched you?

Do you sleep with founding documents of the Confederacy?

Do you find a way to work the documents of the Confederacy into every conversation you have? You must be a blast at parties...."Hey Juni, you catch that Super Bowl last night"....."Well, I would have, but the Articles of Confederacy say that the National Football League was founded solely for the perpetuation of slavery through exorbitant paychecks..."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The sad truth is that the Confederate flag might means something positive to a Confederate sympathizer... But it might be a symbol of the tyranny of the Southern government, if you read the documents from the founding of the Confederacy.

Imagine the Coke CEO fielding questions from Mississippi's Declaration of Causes of the Civil War... Mississippi wrote that they were going to war for the sole reason of preserving slavery... Imagine the Coke CEO facing questions on live TV with someone quoting the original founding documents of the Confederacy...

A Confederate sympathizer does not care... And many NASCAR fans may not care.

But Coke does not just market to NASCAR fans...

The documents from the founding of the Confederacy are pretty damning in relation to state, individual, and basic human rights... No one in their right mind wants to be in a position to defend the founding principles of the Confederacy...

And that is why folks are distancing themselves from the Confederate flag right now... Because it would be pretty easy to put someone into a corner on the issue.
The founding documents of the confederacy are pretty damning considering state, local, and individual rights... And Confederate sympathizers have tried to tie modern conservative (of state rights and individual freedom) ideals to the old Confederacy (big government protecting the business interests of a few slave-owners) in an effort to re-paint history with a new brush...

The founding documents are damning, and liberals are able to tie modern conservatives to the Confederacy through Confederate sympathizers and the Confederate flag.

It is a win-win for liberals...

But, yeah... If you want to see what direction NASCAR takes, talk to the major shot-callers at the corporations that invest the most money into NASCAR...

Can you please show us on the doll where the evil piece of paper and/or flag touched you?

Do you sleep with founding documents of the Confederacy?

Do you find a way to work the documents of the Confederacy into every conversation you have? You must be a blast at parties...."Hey Juni, you catch that Super Bowl last night"....."Well, I would have, but the Articles of Confederacy say that the National Football League was founded solely for the perpetuation of slavery through exorbitant paychecks..."

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:15:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Has even one driver told nascar to get fucked over this?  Seems like that would be on the news if so.  

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:17:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I hate the principles that the Confederacy was founded on...

I hate tyranny..

The only (your words) "southern man" despise would be one you upholds the ideals that the Confederacy was founded-on... The ideals of tyranny, removing state and individual rights and freedoms...

You can fly the flag of your choice on your own dime on your own time... I have no problems with that. I can read the founding documents of the Confederacy to see what Confederate sympathizers believe when they fly the Confederate flag... To each their own. What I have a problem with is folks who support spending *state* money to fly the Confederate flag on, "the peoples" land cannot complain when the left wants to spend tax money on "black history month" events...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Christ anyone who reads any civil war or CBF threads know what you think...we get it...you hate the south, despise the souther man (are you Neil young, perhaps?) and hate the Confederacy, blah, blah, blah...

Those who cherish freedom, and the choice to fly whatever flag they fucking choose don't care about your "learned" bullshit...

Freedom, why do you hate it so...ypu're like a liberal trying to foist your beliefs on everyone else...

I hate the principles that the Confederacy was founded on...

I hate tyranny..

The only (your words) "southern man" despise would be one you upholds the ideals that the Confederacy was founded-on... The ideals of tyranny, removing state and individual rights and freedoms...

You can fly the flag of your choice on your own dime on your own time... I have no problems with that. I can read the founding documents of the Confederacy to see what Confederate sympathizers believe when they fly the Confederate flag... To each their own. What I have a problem with is folks who support spending *state* money to fly the Confederate flag on, "the peoples" land cannot complain when the left wants to spend tax money on "black history month" events...

you're just trolling now. I feel silly. I thought you were being serious all this time. geez man, I almost put you on my IL.
funny. good one.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:18:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If they really want to make a statement, they should not go to the race. Hit Nascar, the track, and the vendors where it hurts.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:22:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You missed a part in your little equation there. NASCAR and Coke and GM and any other corporation with any sense in their corporate heads don't want to have to take a stand on any political issue. They want to sell tickets to the crashfest 500, beetus juice and Obamamobiles to people who love the Confederate flag and hate it and are anywhere in between on the issue. Getting continually painted into corners by the progressives is breeding resentment among major players and potential campaign donors who would have otherwise cared less.

The conservative movement is more than just Confederate sympathizers...

https://s.yimg.com/fz/api/res/1.2/s9kF_ja.ozBAoQ.X81Cfig--/YXBwaWQ9c3JjaGRkO2g9NTUwO3E9OTU7dz00MjU-/http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hub/52640/file-548449097-jpg/OneTrickPonyGreetings.jpg?t=1415379526695

perfect image for the situation. he HAS to be trolling with his repeated use of "communist sympathizer".
i do wish we had a voting system here. at least on reddit you can tell the trolls at a glance.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:28:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It's not about the damned FLAG............it's all about CONTROL.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#19]
I just super-skimmed this thread...

Founded on tyranny and removal of state freedoms?  (individual I'll throw a bone to the guy "maybe" because of slavery).  Wow...this guy get his sides mixed up?

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:42:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

It's not about the damned FLAG............it's all about CONTROL.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:48:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

The question is not how long the Confederate flag will be flown by confederate sympathizers... The question is... Where do the big stock holders of Coke stand on this issue...

I will say that GM is a big corporate sponsor of NASCAR, and the President owns GM...

It really is that simple...
View Quote

No, it's really even more simple than that.  You want to keep filling the stands?  You want to keep selling NASCAR merchandise?  Or do you want to continue to piss off your base, you know the people that are spending there hard earned $$ to watch you shit show.

Yep, Zero hates everything America.  It's time for some of those sponsors to tell Zero to go pound sand.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:04:02 PM EDT
[#22]
As a former big time NASCAR fan who went to a LOTof races, my experiences have been somewhat mixed.

For the most part, everyone got along great at the races, regardless of ethnicity.  I have seen and heard about, and even got involved in, some instances of racial discord that were pretty shitty.  But, by and large, NASCAR fans are a damn good bunch of people.  I have hung out with plenty of black people at races.  And plenty of rednecks.  And even a good number of black rednecks.  

Honestly, since I lost interest in NASCAR 14 years ago, the biggest thing I miss is the fellow fans at the races.  I met hundreds of fun-loving race fans who were there for the same reason as me.  Except some of them were Rusty Wallace fans....  
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:26:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The question is not how long the Confederate flag will be flown by confederate sympathizers... The question is... Where do the big stock holders of Coke stand on this issue...

I will say that GM is a big corporate sponsor of NASCAR, and the President owns GM...

View Quote

Oh look, another inflammatory juni4ling post.  You know what I want torn down as a symbol of racism and oppression?  It's only fair right.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:37:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:42:45 PM EDT
[#25]
I think I'll get a rebel flag and a lawn jockey. Just because.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:52:54 PM EDT
[#26]
On 911 I 'was' a NY'er.
Point is my fellow Americans were attacked by an enemy hell bent on their destruction. The rest of us would be their next victim if they had their way.
The Confederate flag (as a historian I know its true meaning) is the same sort of symbol to the left as WTC was to Al qaeda. That's the way I see it. I refuse to give them that victory.
The media (the left's) war on white America needs to end - now. I'm fed up with of the fucking shit from these faggot Jihadist 'Americans' and those 'Americans' willing bend over and spread their ass cheeks for these fuck sticks to appease them. The appeasers are worse than than the perps - sell out whores.
From here on out I am a Southern white male and stand with my brothers under siege any way I can. Call it what ever you want, but that's how I feel.
My flag and mag wraps should be here next week BTW, my small way of saying fuck you.
But that's only part of my support for now for Americana under siege. I don't buy for one minute they will go away because this little fuck stick Roof used that symbol....what happens when the next over medicated fuck stick uses the American flag or the Star of David?
This is simply a convenient excuse for the left to attack America  and a thousand fucks to all to fucking stupid to see through it.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:01:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

LMAO  

I propose new rules to NASCAR.  Every time a car goes in to the pit, the driver has to take a shot of Jack, Jim, or something similar.  During the last 10 laps, the General Lee has to come onto a random part of the track, either via tunnel, bursting out of a random trailer, or jumping over the stands, so as to liven things up.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:09:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It's not about the flag.
View Quote

It's sad when most here can't see this..
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:20:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

NASCAR did begin in the South...

Coke markets worldwide...

NASCAR makes the vast majority of its money from corporate sponsors who see NASCAR as a positive investment.

NASCAR (and NASCAR fans) can shoot themselves in the foot by allowing Confederate sympathizers to die on this hill...

The sad truth is that the Confederate flag might means something positive to a Confederate sympathizer... But it might be a symbol of the tyranny of the Southern government, if you read the documents from the founding of the Confederacy.

Imagine the Coke CEO fielding questions from Mississippi's Declaration of Causes of the Civil War... Mississippi wrote that they were going to war for the sole reason of preserving slavery... Imagine the Coke CEO facing questions on live TV with someone quoting the original founding documents of the Confederacy...

The documents from the founding of the Confederacy are pretty damning in relation to state, individual, and basic human rights... No one in their right mind wants to be in a position to defend the founding principles of the Confederacy...

And that is why folks are distancing themselves from the Confederate flag right now... Because it would be pretty easy to put someone into a corner on the issue.

Coke does not just market to NASCAR fans... And if NASCAR starts to make Coke look bad, their money can be better spent elsewhere...

NASCAR goes bankrupt from lack of sponsors... Who wins?

Who wins when all those jobs, and the income is lost...?

A new company that takes its place is going to be just-as PC as NASCAR if they are going to seek the same big international corporations money...

The founding documents of the confederacy are pretty damning considering state, local, and individual rights... And Confederate sympathizers have tried to tie modern conservative (of state rights and individual freedom) ideals to the old Confederacy (big government protecting the business interests of a few slave-owners) in an effort to re-paint history with a new brush...

The founding documents are damning, and liberals are able to tie modern conservatives to the Confederacy through Confederate sympathizers and the Confederate flag.

But, yeah... If you want to see what direction NASCAR takes, talk to the major shot-callers at the corporations that invest the most money into NASCAR...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NASCAR is rooted in the south.  Without fans there are no sponsors.  Your point on the stock holders is right on and I think that the vast majority of people don't give two shits about this issue.  It's the media that's blown this up and it's all manufactured outrage.  It can't and won't last much longer.

I've never understood the appeal of NASCAR anyway.  Watching cars go in a circle while baking in the stands is fun?

NASCAR makes the vast majority of its money from corporate sponsors who see NASCAR as a positive investment.

NASCAR (and NASCAR fans) can shoot themselves in the foot by allowing Confederate sympathizers to die on this hill...

Coke does not just market to NASCAR fans... And if NASCAR starts to make Coke look bad, their money can be better spent elsewhere...

A new company that takes its place is going to be just-as PC as NASCAR if they are going to seek the same big international corporations money...

Yah well Coke rots your teeth and, makes you fat and, diabetic so who cares. I don't drink soda.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:23:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NASCAR is rooted in the south.  Without fans there are no sponsors.  Your point on the stock holders is right on and I think that the vast majority of people don't give two shits about this issue.  It's the media that's blown this up and it's all manufactured outrage.  It can't and won't last much longer.

I've never understood the appeal of NASCAR anyway.  Watching cars go in a circle while baking in the stands is fun?

TL DR SMELLS GAY
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:25:43 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Oh look, another inflammatory juni4ling post.  You know what I want torn down as a symbol of racism and oppression?  It's only fair right.

http://www.utah.com/images/lf/panoMORMONHERITAGE.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.utah.com/images/lf/panoMORMONHERITAGE.jpg

Not even close to being the same thing, but whatever makes you feel better....

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:32:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn boy, you're on a roll. How exactly are Conservatives tied to the Confederacy in this day and age?  Do you have stock in NASCAR that frightens you now?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:34:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Damn boy, you're on a roll. How exactly are Conservatives tied to the Confederacy in this day and age?  Do you have stock in NASCAR that frightens you now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BIIIIG SPONSORSS!!
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:43:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Christ anyone who reads any civil war or CBF threads know what you think...we get it...you hate the south, despise the southern man (are you Neil young, perhaps?) and hate the Confederacy, blah, blah, blah...

Those who cherish freedom, and the choice to fly whatever flag they fucking choose don't care about your "learned" bullshit...

Freedom, why do you hate it so...ypu're like a liberal trying to foist your beliefs on everyone else...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Christ anyone who reads any civil war or CBF threads know what you think...we get it...you hate the south, despise the southern man (are you Neil young, perhaps?) and hate the Confederacy, blah, blah, blah...

Good Shoot!!!

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:52:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Oh shit waiting for Bohr Adams to post on this one and expound his knowledge of sponsorships and economics he pulled from Wikipedia. lol

It will of course be backed up by out of context snippets to support his myopic views..substantiation and all.

Then when he gets hung out to dry Josh will step in to deflect with his personal experience of racism...lol
View Quote

He has the day off.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:33:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

No. But I can show you where in the Declarations of Causes written by the Confederacy where they wrote that they were establishing a tyranny, eliminating individual and state rights, and taxing without representation...

All in the name of preserving the institution of slavery.

Ok, I laughed a little...

The truth is that choosing to die on this hill, and allowing Confederate sympathizers to say that they speak for all conservatives is a bad, bad idea for the conservative movement. It allows liberals and progressives to paint with a broad brush. It also allows them to point to the documents of the founding of the Confederacy and say, "all conservatives want reduced rights and ultimately tyranny."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. But I can show you where in the Declarations of Causes written by the Confederacy where they wrote that they were establishing a tyranny, eliminating individual and state rights, and taxing without representation...

All in the name of preserving the institution of slavery.

Quoted:

Ok, I laughed a little...

The truth is that choosing to die on this hill, and allowing Confederate sympathizers to say that they speak for all conservatives is a bad, bad idea for the conservative movement. It allows liberals and progressives to paint with a broad brush. It also allows them to point to the documents of the founding of the Confederacy and say, "all conservatives want reduced rights and ultimately tyranny."

So, do tell.  Which one are you?  
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:37:35 AM EDT
[#37]

That's racist, they all sat around and had friend chicken after the race. Oh wait, never mind.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:47:50 AM EDT
[#38]

Proves once again that the best thing about NASCAR right now is the fans.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:27:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

LMAO  

I propose new rules to NASCAR.  Every time a car goes in to the pit, the driver has to take a shot of Jack, Jim, or something similar.  During the last 10 laps, the General Lee has to come onto a random part of the track, either via tunnel, bursting out of a random trailer, or jumping over the stands, so as to liven things up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LMAO  

You know I might pay to see something like that, can we get some gratuitous shots of good looking women in bikinis worked in there?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:29:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Proves once again that the best thing about NASCAR right now is the fans.

View Quote

NASCAR is kinda like the relationship between the USA and the federal government.

I love my country, hate its government.

I love the racing, but hate NASCAR's bullshit.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top