Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/5/2015 12:44:44 PM EDT
Shocking pretty much no one (except maybe some starry-eyed liberals), confederate flags are in no short supply at Daytona International Raceway.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/local/2015/07/04/confederate-flag-daytona-nascar-race/29705575/

For the first time, Daytona responded to the controversy by telling fans they would give them a new American flag to fly in exchange for handing over their Confederate flag.

It was intended to be a step toward making sure no one felt excluded or uncomfortable.

But track officials and many fans said they do not know of many people, if anyone, who has taken advantage of the offer.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:47:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Nascrap is over
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:29:22 PM EDT
[#2]
But... don't they care that liberals won't like them?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:37:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nascrap is over
View Quote

For me, anyway.

It's not even really about the flag, it's about not mixing politics and sports.  I quit watching the NFL for the same reason a few seasons ago.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:42:18 PM EDT
[#4]
It's not about the damned FLAG............it's all about CONTROL.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:43:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Grumpy cat good.jpg
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:44:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Video not available.  

Yeah, sure.

Will NOT Comply.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:51:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Coke CEO making an official statement in 3...2...1...

If NASCAR wants to keep making money, they are going to have to answer the phone when the big sponsors call...

If Coke wants to keep making money, the CEO is going to answer the phone when the big stock holders call...

The question is not how long the Confederate flag will be flown by confederate sympathizers... The question is... Where do the big stock holders of Coke stand on this issue...

I will say that GM is a big corporate sponsor of NASCAR, and the President owns GM...

It really is that simple...
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:53:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:54:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nascrap is has been over
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:56:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Surely you're not surprised.
It is a matter of time before the fans realize the drivers turn left and change it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:13:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

NASCAR is rooted in the south.  Without fans there are no sponsors.  Your point on the stock holders is right on and I think that the vast majority of people don't give two shits about this issue.  It's the media that's blown this up and it's all manufactured outrage.  It can't and won't last much longer.

I've never understood the appeal of NASCAR anyway.  Watching cars go in a circle while baking in the stands is fun?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:22:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

NASCAR is rooted in the south.  Without fans there are no sponsors.  Your point on the stock holders is right on and I think that the vast majority of people don't give two shits about this issue.  It's the media that's blown this up and it's all manufactured outrage.  It can't and won't last much longer.

I've never understood the appeal of NASCAR anyway.  Watching cars go in a circle while baking in the stands is fun?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I feel the same way about watching spoiled jocks chase an odd shaped ball around 100 yds paid for by extorting the money from taxpayers...in between felonies that is.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:22:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Libs watch bicycle racing, not NASCAR.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:28:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NASCAR did begin in the South...

Coke markets worldwide...

NASCAR makes the vast majority of its money from corporate sponsors who see NASCAR as a positive investment.

NASCAR (and NASCAR fans) can shoot themselves in the foot by allowing Confederate sympathizers to die on this hill...

The sad truth is that the Confederate flag might means something positive to a Confederate sympathizer... But it might be a symbol of the tyranny of the Southern government, if you read the documents from the founding of the Confederacy.

Imagine the Coke CEO fielding questions from Mississippi's Declaration of Causes of the Civil War... Mississippi wrote that they were going to war for the sole reason of preserving slavery... Imagine the Coke CEO facing questions on live TV with someone quoting the original founding documents of the Confederacy...

A Confederate sympathizer does not care... And many NASCAR fans may not care.

But Coke does not just market to NASCAR fans...

The documents from the founding of the Confederacy are pretty damning in relation to state, individual, and basic human rights... No one in their right mind wants to be in a position to defend the founding principles of the Confederacy...

And that is why folks are distancing themselves from the Confederate flag right now... Because it would be pretty easy to put someone into a corner on the issue.

Coke does not just market to NASCAR fans... And if NASCAR starts to make Coke look bad, their money can be better spent elsewhere...

NASCAR goes bankrupt from lack of sponsors... Who wins?

Who wins when all those jobs, and the income is lost...?

A new company that takes its place is going to be just-as PC as NASCAR if they are going to seek the same big international corporations money...

The founding documents of the confederacy are pretty damning considering state, local, and individual rights... And Confederate sympathizers have tried to tie modern conservative (of state rights and individual freedom) ideals to the old Confederacy (big government protecting the business interests of a few slave-owners) in an effort to re-paint history with a new brush...

The founding documents are damning, and liberals are able to tie modern conservatives to the Confederacy through Confederate sympathizers and the Confederate flag.

It is a win-win for liberals...

But, yeah... If you want to see what direction NASCAR takes, talk to the major shot-callers at the corporations that invest the most money into NASCAR...
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:30:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I simply cannot understand the logic behind thinking " OK,this company doesn't respect my heritage and the heritage of the sport*,let's give them money to show how mad we are at them". Empty stands speaks much,much louder than flags.

*going with the flag being about heritage and NASCAR being a sport.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:31:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

NASCAR makes the vast majority of its money from corporate sponsors who see NASCAR as a positive investment.

NASCAR (and NASCAR fans) can shoot themselves in the foot by allowing Confederate sympathizers to die on this hill...

The sad truth is that the Confederate flag might means something positive to a Confederate sympathizer... But it might be a symbol of the tyranny of the Southern government, if you read the documents from the founding of the Confederacy.

Imagine the Coke CEO fielding questions from Mississippi's Declaration of Causes of the Civil War... Mississippi wrote that they were going to war for the sole reason of preserving slavery... Imagine the Coke CEO facing questions on live TV with someone quoting the original founding documents of the Confederacy...

The documents from the founding of the Confederacy are pretty damning in relation to state, individual, and basic human rights... No one in their right mind wants to be in a position to defend the founding principles of the Confederacy...

And that is why folks are distancing themselves from the Confederate flag right now... Because it would be pretty easy to put someone into a corner on the issue.

Coke does not just market to NASCAR fans... And if NASCAR starts to make Coke look bad, their money can be better spent elsewhere...

A new company that takes its place is going to be just-as PC as NASCAR if they are going to seek the same big international corporations money...

The founding documents of the confederacy are pretty damning considering state, local, and individual rights... And Confederate sympathizers have tried to tie modern conservative (of state rights and individual freedom) ideals to the old Confederacy (big government protecting the business interests of a few slave-owners) in an effort to re-paint history with a new brush...

The founding documents are damning, and liberals are able to tie modern conservatives to the Confederacy through Confederate sympathizers and the Confederate flag.

But, yeah... If you want to see what direction NASCAR takes, talk to the major shot-callers at the corporations that invest the most money into NASCAR...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't help but believe that you make power point slides for a living.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:31:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I feel the same way about watching spoiled jocks chase an odd shaped ball around 100 yds paid for by extorting the money from taxpayers...in between felonies that is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah,  the National Felonball League
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:31:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Libs watch bicycle racing, not NASCAR.
View Quote

And futbol.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:32:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I simply cannot understand the logic behind thinking " OK,this company doesn't respect my heritage and the heritage of the sport*,let's give them money to show how mad we are at them". Empty stands speaks much,much louder than flags.

View Quote

They probably bought those tickets well before the shooting.  There is no refund.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If NASCAR wants to keep making money, they are going to have to answer the phone when the big sponsors call...

If Coke wants to keep making money, the CEO is going to answer the phone when the big stock holders call...

The question is not how long the Confederate flag will be flown by confederate sympathizers... The question is... Where do the big stock holders of Coke stand on this issue...

I will say that GM is a big corporate sponsor of NASCAR, and the President owns GM...

View Quote

This is like the 5th carbon copy post you've made about this subject.  Do you toss and turn in the sheets at night muttering "big sponsors!!" to yourself?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:33:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:36:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Everything will be just fine, why just last evening I noticed there were tens of people in the stands.

I think there were more people on pit row.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:36:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Kid has a flag on him when he commits a crime, ban the flag.

He probably had an iPhone, a pair of jeans, some sneakers. People probably commit crimes with a "Baby on Board" or gay flag sticker too.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:37:39 PM EDT
[#24]
It's happening...
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:37:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

They probably bought those tickets well before the shooting.  There is no refund.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, the left's fury of righteous indignation over the Confederate flag began about June 17th when they realized that gun control efforts were DOA at this point.

The flags will go away, along with the spectators pretty soon.  NASCAR sucked sweaty donkey balls before this anyway; it's become another Maxim magazine "bro stamp" lifestyle thing.  The guys I know who are into NASCAR drive minivans and the serious gearheads will laugh you out of the room over it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:38:27 PM EDT
[#26]
It's not about the flag.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:39:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Christ anyone who reads any civil war or CBF threads know what you think...we get it...you hate the south, despise the souther man (are you Neil young, perhaps?) and hate the Confederacy, blah, blah, blah...

Those who cherish freedom, and the choice to fly whatever flag they fucking choose don't care about your "learned" bullshit...

Freedom, why do you hate it so...ypu're like a liberal trying to foist your beliefs on everyone else...
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:39:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good points...

If NASCAR fans were *all* Confederate sympathizers, NASCAR would be bankrupt a long time ago...

My guess is that NASCAR bans the Confederate Flag from its stadiums, and folks who claim they are bothered by it still pay gobs of money to support NASCAR...
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:40:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nope...

Just spend way too much of my free time here...
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:41:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Good, maybe if enough people stand the anti's will get the hint were tired of their shit.

Probably not though they're pretty dense and self absorbed.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:41:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Good points...

If NASCAR fans were *all* Confederate sympathizers, NASCAR would be bankrupt a long time ago...

My guess is that NASCAR bans the Confederate Flag from its stadiums, and folks who claim they are bothered by it still pay gobs of money to support NASCAR...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good points...

Not everyone is an unprincipled weasel.  Your experience may have led you to think so, but I think you're going to be in for a surprise
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:43:41 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Christ anyone who reads any civil war of CBF threads know what you think...we get it...you hate the south, despise the souther man (are you Neil young, perhaps?) and hate the Confederacy, blah, blah, blah...

Those who cherish freedom, and the choice to fly whatever flag they fucking choose don't care about your "learned" bullshit...

Freedom, why do you hate it so...ypu're like a liberal trying to foist your beliefs on everyone else...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

blah blah blah

Christ anyone who reads any civil war of CBF threads know what you think...we get it...you hate the south, despise the souther man (are you Neil young, perhaps?) and hate the Confederacy, blah, blah, blah...

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:43:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Maybe Dale Earnhardt's kid and Barack Gordon can go out there and persuade the evil racists to remove their flags.

Send Jimmie "Ban the word Bossy" Johnson out there for the ultimate trifecta of cunts.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:45:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This is like the 5th carbon copy post you've made about this subject.  Do you toss and turn in the sheets at night muttering "big sponsors!!" to yourself?
View Quote

It is funny reading the, "What is NASCAR going to do with the Confederate sympathizer fans..." threads.

This has nothing to do with the Confederate sympathizers and fans...

It has everything to do with the big sponsors of NASCAR.

If the Coke CEO does not get a phone call from his big stakeholders... Then the Coke CEO is not going to be calling the NASCAR CEO... And nothing more is going to be said and done on this issue other than what has already been said and done...

But if the Coke CEO gets called... then changes are going to be made and/or NASCAR goes bankrupt from lack of sponsors...

Folks are wringing their hands over what liberals think... this has nothing to do with what liberals think, and everything to do with NASCAR wanting to stay relevant and make money...

NASCAR stopped being a purely-Southern institution ~25 years ago... NASCAR started its decline into a mass-media, mass-market product about 25 years ago...
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:50:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It is funny reading the, "What is NASCAR going to do with the Confederate sympathizer fans..." threads.

If the Coke CEO does not get a phone call from his big stakeholders... Then the Coke CEO is not going to be calling the NASCAR CEO... And nothing more is going to be said and done on this issue other than what has already been said and done...

But if the Coke CEO gets called... then changes are going to be made and/or NASCAR goes bankrupt from lack of sponsors...

Folks are wringing their hands over what liberals think... this has nothing to do with what liberals think, and everything to do with NASCAR wanting to stay relevant and make money...

NASCAR stopped being a purely-Southern institution ~25 years ago... NASCAR started its decline into a mass-media, mass-market product about 25 years ago...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BIIIIG sponsors!!

Ugh, gawd, love me some BIG SPONSORS!!!

Unless you're seriously trying to tell me that liberals and brown people will be lining up to watch homogenized shitty cars make left turns for 2 1/2 hours, those sponsors are gonna find something else to sponsor right quick once all the rednecks leave
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:57:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Good.

Fuck all this bullshit.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 3:00:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Good points...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good points...

Yup, we ain't got no money, can you spare some change for an old buccaneer?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 3:01:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You missed a part in your little equation there. NASCAR and Coke and GM and any other corporation with any sense in their corporate heads don't want to have to take a stand on any political issue. They want to sell tickets to the crashfest 500, beetus juice and Obamamobiles to people who love the Confederate flag and hate it and are anywhere in between on the issue. Getting continually painted into corners by the progressives is breeding resentment among major players and potential campaign donors who would have otherwise cared less.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 3:05:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Good points...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good points...

Wrong, again.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 3:08:26 PM EDT
[#40]
lol left turns.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 3:09:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

blah blah blah

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F-GL8QXYUKatA%2FT3ORe07boBI%2FAAAAAAAAA3g%2FWbX4xEzYmig%2Fs320%2Fthe-rock-clapping.gif&f=1

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 3:12:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can you please show us on the doll where the evil piece of paper and/or flag touched you?

Do you sleep with founding documents of the Confederacy?

Do you find a way to work the documents of the Confederacy into every conversation you have? You must be a blast at parties...."Hey Juni, you catch that Super Bowl last night"....."Well, I would have, but the Articles of Confederacy say that the National Football League was founded solely for the perpetuation of slavery through exorbitant paychecks..."

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 3:13:26 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How did that shit work out for A&E over Phil Robertson. Your product don't mean shit if people don't support it. It really is that simple. There are a fuck ton of people that never cared about it that sure as hell do now. Tell everyday people they can't have something and it will bring all those that don't care out of the woodwork. Now days the American flag pisses off just as many people as the confederate one does. If the sponsors have a bit of sense they will shut the fuck up and keep petteling their product.

Eta sorry I was trying to quote that liberal dude.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

lol left turns.
View Quote

They had a road course last week, but thanks for your input!

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 3:16:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Can you please show us on the doll where the evil piece of paper and/or flag touched you?

Do you find a way to work the documents of the Confederacy into every conversation you have? You must be a blast at parties...."Hey Juni, you catch that Super Bowl last night"....."Well, I would have, but the Articles of Confederacy say that the National Football League was founded solely for the perpetuation of slavery through exorbitant paychecks..."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LULZ

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 3:20:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

GD
Was going to post this
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 3:21:46 PM EDT
[#47]

Confederate sympathizers?  That's a good one.

I know people who fly the confederate battle flag and probably couldn't recite one pertinent fact about the civil war...what it was about, which states were on which side, or a single name other than Lincoln that was involved with it.  

They see it as a symbol of "Southern Pride" and rebellion against the Man, and see no reason to give it up anymore than they see to give up Bud Light.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 3:22:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Not everyone is an unprincipled weasel.  Your experience may have led you to think so, but I think you're going to be in for a surprise
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good points...

Dear Lord, please hear this man's voice. Amen.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 3:27:47 PM EDT
[#49]
And what about the Union states that remained slaveholding until AFTER  the war? Or Lincoln's own statement that he would support slavery if it would preserve the Union? Or the US Constitution and the 3/5 compromise? Stars and bars represented the same mentality as the Bars and Stars at that period on time.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 3:41:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same exact bullshit every NASCAR thread.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top