Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 3:55:13 PM EDT
[#1]
22 years. Hmmm a little steep unless we're talking about sentencing for killing a child that didn't do a damn thing to anyone.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 3:56:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
22 years is excessive. There has to be some leniency in cases like these where the "victims" are months away from 18 and all parties are mature enough to know what's going on. To say she took advantage of the boys is a gross overstatement. She should have gotten community service for a few weeks and lost her job.
View Quote

That's fine, as long as you believe that a male teacher should get the same for sleeping with a bunch of 17 year old students.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 3:59:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What about a willing girl?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think they're two different crimes.  Violent rape committed against a 17 yr old girl is much worse than coercive rape committed against a 17 yr old boy.

Talk about mixing apples and oranges. Apparently, if a male teacher has sex with a 17 yo, it's "violent rape"; if it's a female teacher, it's only "coercive."

Man, this thread is bringing out the white knights. I love how many of you all think 17 year-old girls are still playing with Barbies and their E-Z bake ovens.

That's not what I'm saying.   I'm not white knighting anyone.  I'm saying that raping an unwilling girl is different that fucking a willing boy.

What about a willing girl?

Same as for a willing boy.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 4:03:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm not looking for another pissing contest in this thread, but I'm trying to figure out with whom you are arguing this point.  I don't believe there is there anyone here who fails to draw a distinction between actual forcible rape and statutory rape.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think they're two different crimes.  Violent rape committed against a 17 yr old girl is much worse than coercive rape committed against a 17 yr old boy.

Talk about mixing apples and oranges. Apparently, if a male teacher has sex with a 17 yo, it's "violent rape"; if it's a female teacher, it's only "coercive."

Man, this thread is bringing out the white knights. I love how many of you all think 17 year-old girls are still playing with Barbies and their E-Z bake ovens.

That's not what I'm saying.   I'm not white knighting anyone.  I'm saying that raping an unwilling girl is different that fucking a willing boy.

I'm not looking for another pissing contest in this thread, but I'm trying to figure out with whom you are arguing this point.  I don't believe there is there anyone here who fails to draw a distinction between actual forcible rape and statutory rape.

Then I'm just arguing with myself.  Which is not unusual.  Not only is it possible that I missed something.  It's likely.  Thanks for screwing up my whole afternoon by pointing out that I wasn't doing what I thought I was doing.

For the life of me I thought I was drawing an unseen distinction.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 4:21:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe this teacher should have checked into the laws before she decided to fuck her underage students.  Don't commit the crime if you can't do the time.  For everyone who is saying how wrong the sentence is for this poor misunderstood lady, write your elected officials to express your displeasure at the statutory rape laws.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 4:22:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I'd like to read some honest victim impact statements.
View Quote

+1

I remember being 17.  

This punishment is over the top and way too harsh.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 4:24:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

victims my ass.
View Quote

+87
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 4:24:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

total hijack but please list all the republicans who voted for Obamacare.

the NSA?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not just liberals. It's RINOs too. Both love the ACA and the NSA. Patriot Act. Let's just call all of the political class 'STATISTS' shall we?

total hijack but please list all the republicans who voted for Obamacare.

the NSA?

Part 2 ObamaCare:

Didn't say they voted for it. But it is popular with their constituencies in some parts. McConnell has been waffling on his last re-election cycle promises.

McConnell poopoos budgetary reconciliation on Obamacare

Only 18 Republican Senators voted against funding Obamacare

20 Republicans Vote to Fund Obamacare

Mitch McConnell Surrenders on Obamacare Repeal

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 4:37:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Ban her from teaching sure but I don't see any victims here, well except for the state, which shouldn't count.

She is having 22 years of her life stolen from her for letting 17 year old boys willingly fuck her.

Why not charge those younger than 18 with crimes if the fuck those older? They charge them as adults in Florida for other crimes all the time, are they wise at seventeen to know murder is bad but not wise enough to know that getting some isn't?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 5:18:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wow, seems unusual for an attractive female teacher to get clobbered like that. I guess times are changing. Personally I'd have trouble throwing a female in prison for twenty years for having sex with 17 year old males. Yes, double standard, I admit it.
View Quote

Double standard is best standard.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 5:27:36 PM EDT
[#11]
NOT GUILTY!

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 5:40:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

A teacher screws my 17 yo daughter , there isn't a safe place on earth for him to hide
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The same people that are cheering in this thread, would be crying for the blood to flow if it was a male teacher and female students

Not me

At age 17, you know what you are doing.

I would terminate her job, but not a single day in jail.

I would do that with a male teacher as well.

Unless they abused their power as teacher and forced the students. Then I would throw the book at full power on them.

A teacher screws my 17 yo daughter , there isn't a safe place on earth for him to hide

My 17 yo boy bangs his teacher, high fives all around, I feel the same as you about my daughter, double standards exist except in some utopian make believe society.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I'm sure those 17 year old boys were very horribly raped.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sure those 17 year old boys were very horribly raped.
and will probably require years of therapy to get over the horror

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:14:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thirty-seven counts of murder?  

The penalty in Florida for statutory rape of a minor sixteen or seventeen by an adult more than five years older is fifteen years.  15 X 37 = 555 years.  Even if one counts all occurrences with a student as a single crime, it's still 45 years.   She got 22; she will almost certainly serve significantly less.  PlaneJane is not wrong here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can murder and get less
PlaneJane is wrong here

The penalty in Florida for statutory rape of a minor sixteen or seventeen by an adult more than five years older is fifteen years.  15 X 37 = 555 years.  Even if one counts all occurrences with a student as a single crime, it's still 45 years.   She got 22; she will almost certainly serve significantly less.  PlaneJane is not wrong here.

She will serve at least 85% of that sentence in this state and that assumes that she gets her gain time for good behavior.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:28:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

She will serve at least 85% of that sentence in this state and that assumes that she gets her gain time for good behavior.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can murder and get less
PlaneJane is wrong here

OK. <shrug>
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:36:25 PM EDT
[#16]
They coulda saved the state a lot of money and just sentenced her to be my wife for 22 years.

It'd be  a horrible punishment.  I'm too old for her, I'm ugly....and incredibly boring.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:39:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The same people that are cheering in this thread, would be crying for the blood to flow if it was a male teacher and female students
View Quote

That's because among us there are cretins who actually believe there are differences between male and female human beings.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:40:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm slightly torn on this one. Had it been one 17 year old dude I would say it was incredibly bad judgement but she  probably isn't a sexual predator or danger to the community.  3 of them however and she's got problems. 22 years seems like an incredible waste of $$$ to keep her that long but I assume she will serve 40%-half of that?  If it had just been one,I'd argue that she be fired for ethical breach but not charged with anything.
View Quote

Florida law says you serve at least 85% of your sentence.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:40:26 PM EDT
[#19]
FHRITP
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That's because among us there are cretins who actually believe there are differences between male and female human beings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are absolutely differences between the sexes in some ways, but that in no way invalidates laws involving positions of authority and statutory sexual relations.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:30:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

There are absolutely differences between the sexes in some ways, but that in no way invalidates laws involving positions of authority and statutory sexual relations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

authority is a one way street in this case.

power is attractive to women.  men don't care.

again, if power was equally attractive, hillary clinton would be  a sex symbol.  Instead its Bill raking in the ass.

men and women are different, and not just in the mirror.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:09:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Lol. You might want to look up the age of consent laws in your state tough guy.

Agreed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not me

At age 17, you know what you are doing.

I would terminate her job, but not a single day in jail.

I would do that with a male teacher as well.

Unless they abused their power as teacher and forced the students. Then I would throw the book at full power on them.

Lol. You might want to look up the age of consent laws in your state tough guy.

Quoted:

Teacher Who Had Sex with 3 Students Gets 22 Years Despite Tearful Apology

Good.  Don't care how many seventeen year-olds she has sex with but she should get the same sentence one of her male counterparts would in the same circumstances.

Agreed.

You fucking serious . You got daughters son? I don't give a fuck about your consent laws.  Maybe you are good with a teacher in a position of authority banging your daughter , I'm not , I'd beat his fucking ass . That tough enough for you .
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:18:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You fucking serious . You got daughters son? I don't give a fuck about your consent laws.  Maybe you are good with a teacher in a position of authority banging your daughter , I'm not , I'd beat his fucking ass . That tough enough for you .
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:20:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Supposing you got  a slice, and supposing your married 33 year old teacher got knocked up.  Her husband divorces her, and now you get to go to senior prom owing child support.  That 13 year old kid who knocked up his teacher had a support order against him at 14.  What happened to his childhood?  Explain how that isn't a crime.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:21:57 PM EDT
[#25]
She's only sorry she got caught and pregnant.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:22:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/36/e2/87/36e287534a77d919e68e5a68d72fba15.jpg

Now that's edgy right there , you been waiting to use that since school got out I bet
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:25:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can you even fucking read?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
One last question your Honor.  As the victim here will I be permitted conjugal visits?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

One last question your Honor.  As the victim here will I be permitted conjugal visits?

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:27:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:28:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Not guilty......literally
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:29:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No girls were raped here.

Like, at all.

Also. You probably ought not carry a firearm if you can't contain your aggression. Just saying.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:29:41 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

FFS

17 year old Men used to get married and build farms.

not guilty

View Quote

Now that's enough of you stereo types and micro aggression.

BTW my parents were married when they were 17 years old.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:30:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Good.  Don't care how many seventeen year-olds she has sex with but she should get the same sentence one of her male counterparts would in the same circumstances.
View Quote

Jane,

You're alright.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:30:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Wow, seems unusual for an attractive female teacher to get clobbered like that. I guess times are changing. Personally I'd have trouble throwing a female in prison for twenty years for having sex with 17 year old males. Yes, double standard, I admit it.
View Quote

Same here. Sounds like bs sentence to me
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:32:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Like, at all.

Also. You probably ought not carry a firearm if you can't contain your aggression. Just saying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like, at all.

Yo broseph I was making a statement about if it was the other way around and let's say a teacher was banging my 17 yo daughter you savvy . I understand it was a hypothetical , but I was stating an opinion .
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:33:47 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Supposing you got  a slice, and supposing your married 33 year old teacher got knocked up.  Her husband divorces her, and now you get to go to senior prom owing child support.  That 13 year old kid who knocked up his teacher had a support order against him at 14.  What happened to his childhood?  Explain how that isn't a crime.
View Quote

He married her.

Been married 10 years after 7 1/2 years in jail.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mary-kay-letourneau-fualaau-vili-fualaau-detail-path/story?id=30160737

At the time, Mary was a 34-year-old, married teacher in Seattle, who already had four children of her own. Vili was just 13 years old. Mary was arrested and served seven and a half years in prison.

Today, Mary is 53 and Vili is 31. The couple is still together and are about to celebrate their 10th wedding anniversary. The two daughters they have together are now teenagers -- older than Vili was when the affair started.

If either of their girls did what they did, if they came home one day and said they were sleeping with their teacher, both Mary and Vili said they would be shocked and upset.

"I don't support younger kids being married or having a relationship with someone older,” Vili said. "I don't support it.”
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:35:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hear, hear.

I hate double standards, and every time I can call one out, it is a tiny victory.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:42:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Arfcom would rule her not guilty, in a second.

http://static.deathandtaxesmag.com/uploads/2015/04/teacher-fucks-kids-again.jpg
View Quote

Would hit not guilty
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:49:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/36/e2/87/36e287534a77d919e68e5a68d72fba15.jpg

I like how he had to throw out the "son" as if it makes his argument any better. El Oh El. At the end of the day it's still legal, and the creeper would get his ass thrown in jail for assault. And with how things are going for kids now I'm sure there's plenty of 17 year old girls engaged in less than honorable activities throughout NJ.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:53:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I like how he had to throw out the "son" as if it makes his argument any better. El Oh El.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like how he had to throw out the "son" as if it makes his argument any better. El Oh El.

You'd be ok with a teacher banging your 17 yo daughter son ?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:53:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Would clean up.  Not guilty.
View Quote

I agree ......

Not guilty !
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:27:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Jane,

You're alright.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jane,

You're alright.

Thank you.  That's very kind of you and all the more appreciated for being unexpected.   Of late, you seem happier...more at peace...something?  I'm glad.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:40:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Thank you.  That's very kind of you and all the more appreciated for being unexpected.   Of late, you seem happier...more at peace...something?  I'm glad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jane,

You're alright.

Yes!

Too much to type, but yes.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:47:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yes!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jane,

You're alright.

Yes!

Good, I'm glad it wasn't just my imagination.  I'm happy for you.  I sincerely am.    
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:45:54 PM EDT
[#45]
I could use an explanation here..

Should a woman having sex with 17 year old boys carry a 22 year prison sentence?

Or...should abusing one's position of authority carry a 22 year prison semtence?

Or... when you combine the two does it get thrown into some kind of magical mindfuck of a formula that carries with it a rediculous prison sentence?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:28:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I could use an explanation here..

Should a woman having sex with 17 year old boys carry a 22 year prison sentence?

Or...should abusing one's position of authority carry a 22 year prison semtence?

Or... when you combine the two does it get thrown into some kind of magical mindfuck of a formula that carries with it a rediculous prison sentence?
View Quote

The woman isn't getting 22 years for a single crime.  Rather, 22 years is the sum total amount of prison time for multiple crimes she's committed involving at least three separate cases that she got busted for.  So really she's getting about 7 years per victim.  Is it linked to abusing one's position of authority and/or being involved with a minor?  I'm sure it involves both.  

Now that still may seem like something excessive, and they may have a point there.  Still, as long as it is consistent with what a male in the same position would get, it is the correct amount.  Otherwise the punishment needs to be reduced for both sexes.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:44:04 AM EDT
[#47]

Effing predator.  Throw away the key.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:24:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That depends. How attractive are they?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The fact is I deplore gender-based double standards regardless of who benefits from them and I'm not going to grind my teeth and play along anymore.  <shrug>

The fact is that men and women are different and there is a double standard around some things, not just sex.

If a man attacks a man, unarmed, and the victim shoots the attacker, he will be in much worse legal stead than if he were a woman and shot the attacker. That's a double standard that recognizes that women generally are inferior to men in a hand to hand fight.

The same feels apply when we examine male on female imposition vs female on male. Whether it's true or not, the perception is there that women are helpless, weak little flowers who can't decide for themselves at the age of 17 that they don't want the big, bad, male teacher to do them.

It's an interesting psychological phenomenon. We want to think boys are strong and tough and decisive and girls are prim, proper and demure. We learn it from the time we can speak. "Sugar and spice and everything nice" vs "frogs, snails and parts of a dog".

I think it's pretty amusing that it's an article of faith among many here that women are hard-hearted, emotional and financial predators, but are incapable of being sexual predators.  

That depends. How attractive are they?

I know - or at least, suspect - you're making a funny. Which is fine.  But my personal experience has lead me to believe that, while good looks can certainly be a help, the lack thereof is not necessarily a hindrance.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:45:47 AM EDT
[#49]
If the boys aren't victims, then no bitching and whining when the child support order comes due. They're either victims, and thus should not owe child support, or they are fully cognizant of the consequences of their actions, and thus responsible for part of the cost of raising their offspring. Or perhaps they should get full custody of the child, and a child support order against the mother. I'm sure an 18 year old boy would love to have an infant to raise on his own.

Can't have it both ways.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:51:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Arfcom would rule her not guilty, in a second.

http://static.deathandtaxesmag.com/uploads/2015/04/teacher-fucks-kids-again.jpg
View Quote

You'd have to be gay to say she is unattractive.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top