Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/4/2015 10:07:44 PM EDT
New sales taxes , gas tax increase  , hotel tax of $5 a night for the entire state . . The new sales taxes will allow  counties and cities  along with the state to raise sales tax to 8% from the previous maximum of 7% . The republicans control the state government although some including the governor used to be democrats until they changed parties a few years ago. In the works is new hunting and fishing license increases as well.

I keep hearing how much better republicans are . I voted for these retards , not next time .
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:10:30 PM EDT
[#1]
new taxes suck.

That being said gas taxes, sales taxes, etc are the only taxes most poor people pay. Also forces illegals to pay.  It's better than an increased income tax on the "rich"
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:12:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:14:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
new taxes suck.

That being said gas taxes, sales taxes, etc are the only taxes most poor people pay. Also forces illegals to pay.  It's better than an increased income tax on the "rich"
View Quote

He's right, you know....
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:16:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Poor people also pay property taxes. Think about it for a second.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:17:46 PM EDT
[#5]
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/29438430/new-georgia-gas-tax

http://www.times-herald.com/local/20150402-HB-170-passes-20-inch

In case any one else would like a source for information about the legislation so that an informed opinion may be formulated.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:24:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote

indirectly and that doesn't count in my book.  Do they get tax bills in their name?

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:25:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

He's right, you know....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
new taxes suck.

He's right, you know....

IBMF
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:26:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome to the tax party.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:28:17 PM EDT
[#9]
If all this crap would have happened many years ago the people would have went and removed the lazy bastards from office.

Blacks will stick together and Hispanics will stick together for a cause and follow through to march and protest but white people

not a chance. we don't have time, gotta get the grass cut and take the kids to soccer practice and oh shit its 5 30 I cant do it tonight

I have got to watch a gay show on TV at 7 pm.  We have become fat and lazy and spoiled by the fact that we can leave it until it

becomes someone elses problem but guess what, its not going away this time people. I dont have the answer but its past the time

we should be looking for it don't ya think. Our kids are gonna be in bad shape in 10 years and we caused every bit of it.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:28:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

indirectly and that doesn't count in my book.  Do they get tax bills in their name?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least they aren't getting a tax return.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:34:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
New sales taxes , gas tax increase  , hotel tax of $5 a night for the entire state . . The new sales taxes will allow  counties and cities  along with the state to raise sales tax to 8% from the previous maximum of 7% . The republicans control the state government although some including the governor used to be democrats until they changed parties a few years ago. In the works is new hunting and fishing license increases as well.

I keep hearing how much better republicans are . I voted for these retards , not next time .
View Quote

Ours tried to pull the same shit, and got shut down at the Ballot. Too cowardly to confront the massive problem of the FSA head on, and they all figure shitting on the non-democrat electorate will be forgiven in the next election, because there is no alternative.

Tax and spend like damn Democrats, pander to the deviants and other freaks like Democrats, suck the dick of Illegals openly like Dems, refuse to cut the FSA handouts,..and yet because they pretend to attend church, we are supposed to figure they are better than the alternative?

Yeah, good luck with that.
Hillary might as well be GOP old guard at this point.

Your Repubs are just as spineless, Gutless, and slime covered as ours, and anyone elses.
Fuck 'em, I'm sorry to hear it, and you folks ain't alone.

I don't care if Christ himself,shows up and runs on the GOP ticket.
He isn't getting my vote.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:42:41 PM EDT
[#12]
don't forget Cobb counties new stadium that they taxpayers get to kick in a billion for, the one we didn't get to vote for.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:49:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Section 8 subsidies.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:02:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Republican House and Governor gave us a 10 cent gas tax increase too.It's not like the Republican Party ever touted itself as fiscal conservatives or against raising taxes.

My rep (who is pretty decent overall) wrote me back saying how as a Republican,he was against raising taxes,BUT we need to fix the roads.Never mind all the other shit the fuckers waste money on.

The bill flew through both Houses and was signed by the Governor in near record time.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:03:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What?

Plenty of them get tax "refunds" even though they don't pay shit in.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:06:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:13:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If all this crap would have happened many years ago the people would have went and removed the lazy bastards from office.

Blacks will stick together and Hispanics will stick together for a cause and follow through to march and protest but white people

not a chance. we don't have time, gotta get the grass cut and take the kids to soccer practice and oh shit its 5 30 I cant do it tonight

I have got to watch a gay show on TV at 7 pm.  We have become fat and lazy and spoiled by the fact that we can leave it until it

becomes someone elses problem but guess what, its not going away this time people. I dont have the answer but its past the time

we should be looking for it don't ya think. Our kids are gonna be in bad shape in 10 years and we caused every bit of it.

View Quote

Nailed it
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:19:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Around here poor people get property taxes reduced or waived...

No sales tax here either.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:21:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:25:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
don't forget Cobb counties new stadium that they taxpayers get to kick in a billion for, the one we didn't get to vote for.
View Quote

That really is some horse shit.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:25:49 PM EDT
[#21]
They get enough money, quit wasting it. Between fsa and public employees to much waste. Wages are flat and they keep taking.
And screw sports stadiums and those overpaid asshat athletes.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:33:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Ours tried to pull the same shit, and got shut down at the Ballot. Too cowardly to confront the massive problem of the FSA head on, and they all figure shitting on the non-democrat electorate will be forgiven in the next election, because there is no alternative.

Tax and spend like damn Democrats, pander to the deviants and other freaks like Democrats, suck the dick of Illegals openly like Dems, refuse to cut the FSA handouts,..and yet because they pretend to attend church, we are supposed to figure they are better than the alternative?

Your Repubs are just as spineless, Gutless, and slime covered as ours, and anyone elses.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are doing it again and this time the republicans won't make the mistake of allowing the voters to tell them to piss off.

It WILL pass [since we just voted the assholes back in] and since, after the 15 cent per gallon tax increase goes into effect over three years, it gets indexed to inflation, their will ALWAYS be an increase. Fvck the republicans, I've wasted all the time I ever will voting for those crony capitalist pigs who are laughing their asses off at all the suckers who thought they were financially different then the democrats.

And no, I didn't vote for the asshole governor snyder, only an idiot or a blind man couldn't see he was drooling over tax increases.  

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:35:23 PM EDT
[#23]
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:41:53 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Crazy thought: SPEND LESS.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

new taxes suck.

Crazy thought: SPEND LESS.

Get out of here with that crazy talk.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:49:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
new taxes suck.

View Quote

He raped me but his penis is only 5".  That is better than a 10" cock, right?  Also, he said he wasn't looking to rape me.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:49:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure if serious.

"poor people" - aka baby mamas and single moms get huge return checks for money they never earned.
and illegals get billions of dollars from fraudulent returns every year.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:53:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:55:55 PM EDT
[#28]
It's for the good of the state .

I had to explain to a family member yesterday when they asked about GA being majority republican. At the same time I got to ask him about his buddy Harper in Alberta .
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:03:30 AM EDT
[#29]
I do not understand when people complain about paying for services that they are crying for!  People want good roads to drive on, police/fire protection and all sort of other service, but are unwilling to pay for those!  Do not get me wrong,I cringe every time I pay my taxes, but I also understand that there are things that people want, not always need!
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:07:35 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I do not understand when people complain about paying for services that they are crying for!  People want good roads to drive on, police/fire protection and all sort of other service, but are unwilling to pay for those!  Do not get me wrong,I cringe every time I pay my taxes, but I also understand that there are things that people want, not always need!

View Quote
GA used to be quite a bit cheaper of a state to live in, seems like the last few years they have really been jacking up the taxes in one way or another.  I only pass through from time to time, but I sure haven't seen an improvement to the roads.  But hey, they are getting another new stadium.....

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:07:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Would you be paying less if you voted in democraps?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:12:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy.
View Quote

Well that quote is only 200+ years late.

If only someone would have told us that years ago so we could have prevented this shit.............
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:12:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
At least Atlanta didn't get to ram that regional transit tax down everybody's throat a few years ago.

View Quote

God, they tried.  I'm not happy about the new taxes but in perspective our cost of living is pretty low for a major area, (trying to find the silver lining.)

Spending less is somehow crazy talk.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:14:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

While nobody likes to pay taxes, I'd rather have someone who tried to pay the bills rather than someone who just went further and further into debt, or who just printed money and sent us spiraling into inflation.

The whole idea of just spending less, yeah... if only that were possible.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:15:03 AM EDT
[#35]
My parents were just telling me about gas tax increases in Michigan. Better than a sales tax or income tax increase, but still fucked. Fuck that shit, glad I'm gone from there, but I'm sure TN will follow suit eventually.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:19:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If it were Democrats, they'd just keep going deeper into debt.  While nobody likes to pay taxes, I'd rather have someone who tried to pay the bills rather than someone who just went further and further into debt.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it were Democrats, they'd just keep going deeper into debt.  While nobody likes to pay taxes, I'd rather have someone who tried to pay the bills rather than someone who just went further and further into debt.

lol

Both sides like to spend.

Every time the R side fucks us,it's the same old apologists saying "We are so lucky,it would have been a lot worse under the D side".
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:19:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

They are doing it again and this time the republicans won't make the mistake of allowing the voters to tell them to piss off.

It WILL pass [since we just voted the assholes back in] and since, after the 15 cent per gallon tax increase goes into effect over three years, it gets indexed to inflation, their will ALWAYS be an increase. Fvck the republicans, I've wasted all the time I ever will voting for those crony capitalist pigs who are laughing their asses off at all the suckers who thought they were financially different then the democrats.

And no, I didn't vote for the asshole governor snyder, only an idiot or a blind man couldn't see he was drooling over tax increases.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's a spineless bitch, but think for a fucking second back to Granholm. Snyder is ten times better, which isn't saying a lot, but better than any D.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:21:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Our roads are some of the best in the nation . The state currently uses part of the road taxes for general funds. They wanted more road taxes for the last few years and when it was on the ballot it lost big. This is the latest attempt to get more money in the budget . I am okay with my services , My county built a several million dollar arts center and a half million dollar traffic circle in front of it . They have a six figure director yet I have never seen an ad for a show or play or concert  at the place . I don't think this is a wise use of taxpayer money .
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:23:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, that's just silly. The landlord does and factors it into the rent. Just as corporations don't pay taxes (it's factored into the cost of goods or services).
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:25:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
At least Atlanta didn't get to ram that regional transit tax down everybody's throat a few years ago.

View Quote

Ironic that TSPLOST got shot down because a lot of the projects were stupid . . . either biased to areas that didn't need it or a ton of money budgeted for small projects.

Now we get stuck with a tax increase with even less accountability.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:28:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Roads need fixed = gas tax increase
State needs money = sales tax increase

What, you thought raising the cigarette tax, and rich people's property taxes would pay for everything? People here love to talk about the FSA, but seem to not want to pay for things. Drive more, pay more for the upkeep of roads. Buy expensive stuff, pay more in sales tax. That's what fair taxes look like. Income, capital gains, and property taxes are evil.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:38:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Deal has to pay for his pet projects that aren't needed.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:50:30 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Sorry, that's just silly. The landlord does and factors it into the rent. Just as corporations don't pay taxes (it's factored into the cost of goods or services).
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who is it that sends a check to the revenue department?

Who pays the taxes for vacant apartments?

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:54:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Yep, same shit in Kansas. Totally controlled by republicans. Raised state sales tax and a $0.50 per pack of cigs. I'm fucking done with voting at all. Whats the point.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:02:29 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

New sales taxes , gas tax increase  , hotel tax of $5 a night for the entire state....

View Quote

Rather than renting by the night, I save on taxes by renting by the hour.  Quick in and out.  

Nap, shower, shave, blow-dry, and I'm ready for a new day.  

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:10:29 AM EDT
[#46]
All I can offer is to look into the history of our governor.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:12:35 AM EDT
[#47]
vote republican ARFCOM tells me!  Small government and lower taxes!
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:14:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Rest assured they will use the revenue to move more undesirables into affluent neighborhoods.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:17:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Bailouts, handouts and obamacare isn't free you know. Who do you think is going to pay the bill if not the middle class?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:21:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
vote republican ARFCOM tells me!  Small government and lower taxes!
View Quote

The republican party is dead to me.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top