Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2015 2:31:51 PM EDT
I had a 2 codes P0463 both sending units I traced the wiring and elec.sprayed the wiring
and code is gone but I'm sure I've disconnected something because my windows won't
go up and no power to the radio.I am looking for some help from somebody with
knowledge on the 06 stang.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:41:41 PM EDT
[#1]
fuses?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:43:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
fuses?
View Quote

Would be my guess. Grounded something in the harness and too out some fuses.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:45:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Nope checked them
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:47:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Keep checking
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:52:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I did wiring on tractors for 20 years, this in something weird . I betting loose contact
Or Corrosion somewhere in the Rt. kick panel or behind the radio.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:55:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Check fuse 6 in passengers side fuse box. Try a new fuse even if original looks good. I'm assuming the power door locks are out as well? You can also try disconnecting positive wire from battery to reset the system.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:00:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Check fuse 6 in passengers side fuse box. Try a new fuse even if original looks good.
View Quote

Did power on both sides.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:07:35 PM EDT
[#8]
If the radio and windows are on separate fuses, you problem lies on the line (power) side of the fusebox. If they are on the same fuse and you have a multimeter, pull the fuse and test on both sides +12 Volts on both sides of the fuse. If it's not on one side, your problem is on the line side of the fuse box.

If +12 Volts is there, it is between the fuse box and the radio and windows.

If you don't have a multimeter, get either one and lean how to use it, or turn in your man-card. You can usually find one for about $15 at most big-box stores.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:01:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If the radio and windows are on separate fuses, you problem lies on the line (power) side of the fusebox. If they are on the same fuse and you have a multimeter, pull the fuse and test on both sides +12 Volts on both sides of the fuse. If it's not on one side, your problem is on the line side of the fuse box.

If +12 Volts is there, it is between the fuse box and the radio and windows.

If you don't have a multimeter, get either one and lean how to use it, or turn in your man-card. You can usually find one for about $15 at most big-box stores.

http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_23327.jpg
View Quote

TPNI

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:19:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Fixed bad connection on fuse 6 when I put the test light on it to check it would make
contact from the pressure and then let go . I pulled the fuse sprayed the contacts then
put a slight bend in the fuse so it make good contact and everything works.
Thanks Guys
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top