Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

but attracts liberal northerners
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
11. VirginiaIndependence Grade: B+
More presidents have been born in Virginia than any other state in the nation, this place breeds freedom.

but attracts liberal northerners

Way too many of them, and they all want to change VA into a copy of the "workers paradise" they fled.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:00:43 PM EDT
[#2]
They didn't think that how much federal gravy a state sucks up would have any bearing on if they could make it on their own? How about being able to balance a budget and be solvent, not important either?

I guess "likeability" is a better measure. Still a bit odd that people are flocking away from most of their winners in droves.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:01:36 PM EDT
[#3]
The ranking is based heavily on GDP and likability.  GDP is measured in $.  What are $ worth w/o the full faith and credit of the federal govt.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:02:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:02:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'd think Ohio would fare far better than as listed.  We've got a good mix of industry and agriculture, and an international border.

Why am I unsurprised that the top ten is littered with progressive states?
View Quote

This.  What a crock of shit.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:05:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So in your mind California gets its electrical power for free? Just like your Internet, cell phone, and television are free?

BTW: I've got a 30 round magazine too.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m168/AR-15_Paul/Pistols/AR%20Pistol_zpslk4gz6rr.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Hope you California boys remember how to drill for oil, because you're gonna be in for some sticker shock when the fedgov isn't there to powder your asses with our resources

So in your mind California gets its electrical power for free? Just like your Internet, cell phone, and television are free?

BTW: I've got a 30 round magazine too.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m168/AR-15_Paul/Pistols/AR%20Pistol_zpslk4gz6rr.jpg

But you can't buy new ones.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:06:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:07:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd think Ohio would fare far better than as listed.  We've got a good mix of industry and agriculture, and an international border.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:07:41 PM EDT
[#9]
MN needs to up its sales tax game? WTF?!

We already have a couple billion in surplus. We've got state income taxes. There is a 6.5% tax on vehicle sales. Everything else gets around 6.8 percent (or more) sales tax.

Dont get me started on property taxes.

I dont even...
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:08:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

CA is so awesome
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:08:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How is Iowa landlocked?

You have two major river systems on each side of it and with the Mississippi you can pretty much go anywhere if you have a boat.

Reading it they discuss lots of pot smoking and slavery so this list has lost any real value. And a big ass mall gets you higher on the list then other states.

Sure it brings in a shitload of cash but still
View Quote

If each state was independent then you would have to negotiate with other states to use the water ways for commerce and transportation. More negotiating = more costs which will decrease commerce.

Almost half of California's border is with the largest ocean in the world. Open to Asia and growing markets. No negotiating with anybody. Ship leaves here directly to another port far away.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:08:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Ohio would fare far far better then listed.   First thing we would do is fire up a trade agreement with WV and Kentucky.  We have the agricultural capability, the industrial strength and the numbers to get it done.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:11:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Where is that pic of Jean-Luc Picard saying "What the fuck is this shit."
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:11:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No shit.

Leftist drivel.

BTW, this is all they could come up with for NM?

40. New Mexico Independence Grade: D
You can't run a country if you're busy dealing with meth-addicted extraterrestrials.

Yeah, Im not taking you seriously when your argument is based on pop culture rather then statistics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"lol"

No shit.

Leftist drivel.

BTW, this is all they could come up with for NM?

40. New Mexico Independence Grade: D
You can't run a country if you're busy dealing with meth-addicted extraterrestrials.

Yeah, Im not taking you seriously when your argument is based on pop culture rather then statistics.

Their statistics gave you the PPP culture.

Your state is land locked, dry and has low GDP. You would be responsible for the Indian reservations which would eat your state's budget. Also protecting your southern border from illegals.

Business wise, your state would not prosper. No offense.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:12:16 PM EDT
[#15]
The real problem would begin when the national power grid, the federal air traffic control network, and the highway system falls apart.

New York City generates almost none of its own power. The Port Authority of NY, NJ and CT constantly shortchanges Kennedy and LaGuardia airports to prop up the Newark airport. I don't think NYC spends a dime of its own money fixing its roads.

In a federal collapse, NY would have to recoup the funds needed to be independent by hiking up taxes and fees. It would have to abandon its war on cars and trucks. It would have to make hard choices on rebuilding power plants (perhaps Shoreham?) or watch Broadway go dark.

What would happen to all the non-producers in Housing Projects? Food would become expensive again, since none of it is grown in the state anymore, and would have to be shipped on taxed highways. Even if it were available, California orange and strawberry products on NYC shelves would be a thing of the past, having to pass twenty or so state borders.

State alliances would resurge based on proximity. The Northeast would need decades to rebuild industry to keep its ports open.

What good would Washington DC be? Discounting its destruction to start this whole exercise, it's not a port, nor a real transportation hub.
NYC at least is a major road nexus, and could revitalize as a harbor if NJ allowed it. NJ already has Jersey City as a major port, which sucks up funding much like Newark's airport.

NY/NJ thing would be a likely future war in such a scenario. They can't BOTH succeed, and I can't see the current governors agreeing to anything like the status quo absent the feds.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:12:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Arizona should be number one. We'd conquer California (and everyone else) for their land then boot all the pussies to Texas where they belong.
View Quote

HA!
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:13:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:14:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:14:56 PM EDT
[#19]
I honestly thought this was a satire piece.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:15:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Arizona should be number one. We'd conquer California (and everyone else) for their land then boot all the pussies to Texas where they belong.
View Quote

Phooey.  AZ would be quickly defeated at the Battle of El Paso.  The few survivors would march back home through the desert, licking their wounds.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:16:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Oh yeah, I'm crying in my gumbo over here

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q285/ragin_cajun_photos/20150704_115553_zpsnid2ytpx.jpg

Hope you California boys remember how to drill for oil, because you're gonna be in for some sticker shock when the fedgov isn't there to powder your asses with our resources
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ha ha ha the sputtering and bitching should be epic

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q285/ragin_cajun_photos/20150704_115553_zpsnid2ytpx.jpg

Hope you California boys remember how to drill for oil, because you're gonna be in for some sticker shock when the fedgov isn't there to powder your asses with our resources

Yawn....

Let the facts hurt....gasoline made here is refined here. It costs more but our economy is just fine. If anything, losing the federal tax per gallon would drop gas prices 5%.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:21:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Ohio would fare far far better then listed.   First thing we would do is fire up a trade agreement with WV and Kentucky.  We have the agricultural capability, the industrial strength and the numbers to get it done.  
View Quote

Tariffs would cost you $$$.

Statistically, one of those states would drop the ball and not help out with the other 2. There would be fighting because nations fight over $. Your commerce would be dependent on the will of another nation playing ball, fairly, all of the time.

History has shown otherwise.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:22:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:23:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
I wouldn't be surprised if KY is #2 in auto production. Ford's Super Duty and Escape/Toyota's massive complex at Georgetown and Corvette plant. UPS's air operations are located at Louisville, DHL's at Erlanger. Louisville's Rubbertown and Butchertown, YUM! brands, Humana. And we have..........Ft Knox! All that gold that glitters!
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:25:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
California's got everything......but water.
View Quote

Boom!!!
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:25:43 PM EDT
[#26]
As far as I'm concerned, the top 5 states can GTFO.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:27:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cali was #4 for oil reserves, 3rd for production, 3rd for refineries, 3rd lowest for consumption per capita as of 2013.

#6 least dependent on the federal govt in 2015.  $0.68 returned for every $1.00 paid in federal taxes.

If you're from Louisiana your state is # 36 on the list with $1.37 returned to your state for each $1.00 paid. Seems like they're getting more then their fair share of ass powder

I got boxes of 30 rounders and so do all the gun owners I know here too by the way.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
As far as I'm concerned, the top 5 states can GTFO.
View Quote

You realize that would cripple the flow of Federal FSA dollars to #34, don't you?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:29:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

More federal taxes are taken from CA than returned - despite CA having the largest military presence of any state.

The state of CA is solvent and the original projection of $2,000,000,000.00 in surplus funds - even after the required Prop 98 savings plan - was off and it looks like CA is heading towards an 8 billion dollar surplus this year.

The baby boomers are reaching retirement age and are leaving CA selling their half a million dollar two bed/two bath and moving to all the other states (apparently) to buy huge tracks of land. However more people are moving here than are moving out. In the twelve years since I moved to my town from 305,000 to 315,000 and that's despite the near-by Air Force base closing and taking 20,000 jobs with them. California's population has grown during that same time from 33.1 million to 38.8 million.

CA is not the most likable state ... oh sorry, it is at least according to this goofball list TopTen List of most Popular US States ... I've seen it rank in the top ten due to the job market and weather. Here's a better list from the Blaze with CA as the most hated state.

Tribes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They didn't think that how much federal gravy a state sucks up would have any bearing on if they could make it on their own? How about being able to balance a budget and be solvent, not important either?

I guess "likeability" is a better measure. Still a bit odd that people are flocking away from most of their winners in droves.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

More federal taxes are taken from CA than returned - despite CA having the largest military presence of any state.

The state of CA is solvent and the original projection of $2,000,000,000.00 in surplus funds - even after the required Prop 98 savings plan - was off and it looks like CA is heading towards an 8 billion dollar surplus this year.

The baby boomers are reaching retirement age and are leaving CA selling their half a million dollar two bed/two bath and moving to all the other states (apparently) to buy huge tracks of land. However more people are moving here than are moving out. In the twelve years since I moved to my town from 305,000 to 315,000 and that's despite the near-by Air Force base closing and taking 20,000 jobs with them. California's population has grown during that same time from 33.1 million to 38.8 million.

CA is not the most likable state ... oh sorry, it is at least according to this goofball list TopTen List of most Popular US States ... I've seen it rank in the top ten due to the job market and weather. Here's a better list from the Blaze with CA as the most hated state.

Tribes

Odd. I never mentioned California in my post.

Tribes?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:30:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Just think how good we'd be as United States...

Happy 4th!

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:32:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Cali was #4 for oil reserves, 3rd for production, 3rd for refineries, 3rd lowest for consumption per capita as of 2013.

#6 least dependent on the federal govt in 2015.  $0.68 returned for every $1.00 paid in federal taxes.

If you're from Louisiana your state is # 36 on the list with $1.37 returned to your state for each $1.00 paid. Seems like they're getting more then their fair share of ass powder

I got boxes of 30 rounders and so do all the gun owners I know here too by the way.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Until......"Whole lotta shakin' goin' on" hits!
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:34:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Pa would quickly be in the top 10 by invading and taking over 11-2 with the except six  within months.

Eta: WV should also be much higher. Not much would change there
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:34:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:39:02 PM EDT
[#34]
CA and NY (NYC) may be individual freedom stealing hell holes, but the fact is they are major economic power houses.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:40:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Might take things a bit too far, huh?

Why don't you go fuck yourself!
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:43:34 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

The top 6 states on that list are indeed great places to live if you hate freedom or drive a BMW.
View Quote

What does driving a BMW have to do with anything?

Oh wait... I see where you are from.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:44:50 PM EDT
[#37]
In for the pathological, nutty crying.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I thought Ohio would fare a lot better also.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:48:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Florida gets $2.02 from the federal govt gravy train for every $1.00 paid #44 on the list for 2015. (# 1 gets the least #50 the most)

#32 on the overall list of least dependent on the Fed Govt.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:57:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Paul, you claim to be individual over tribe, but you're in most tribal threads saying tribal shit.

It's pretty damn funny.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:01:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Gee, seems like maybe the "author" of that list might have an agenda and/or is high as fuck.

CA should be on top of that list.  Huge economy and lots of resources.  After that, though, there are some really questionable ratings...
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:02:39 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Pa would quickly be in the top 10 by invading and taking over 11-2 with the except six  within months.  

Eta: WV should also be much higher. Not much would change there

View Quote

Why the hell would we want to invade and take over places like New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland? Instead we need to make an Ironwood Curtain and keep everyone from the states to our immediate north, east and south out unless they can pass a "I'm not a liberal fuckhead" test at our Checkpoint Charlie type border crossings. Well unless VA wants to take Maryland out, then we can have a normal border with them like we would with Ohio and West Virginia, but I doubt they'd want to do that because then they'd get stuck with Baltimore, although we could do a combined attack on Maryland and New Jersey and force NJ to take both Baltimore and Philly as reverse war reparations, hmmm...

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:03:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Giving a state with no freedoms a high independence grade is just retarded.  You don't see companies flocking to the top 2 states.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

This. Obviously a product of the Marxist propaganda machine in this country.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:11:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
A few years ago California  rank 3rd in the world if it was an independent  nation.
View Quote

While CA has the potential to be stronger than any two other states, the potential is greatly hindered by piss poor governance. Still, even with that disadvantage, they are likely the strongest due to the large geographic area, and population.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:12:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Okay, go ahead and completely ignore Nevadas mineral resources.  We're only the 4th largest gold producer in the world.
View Quote

Bingo.  #1 consideration should be natural resources.  Average wages shouldn't even enter the equation.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:15:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

And the only state with its own, self sustainable, power grid, agriculture, and (if I'm not mistaken) oil
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
BS.

Texas should be #1.

Why?

Because Texas.

And the only state with its own, self sustainable, power grid, agriculture, and (if I'm not mistaken) oil

Yes you are completely mistaken.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:18:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
1-4
View Quote

My thoughts exactly.

The author of that ranking is beyond delusional.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:21:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Wow
My state is ranked number 2..

I think it's number two too.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:21:40 PM EDT
[#49]
they like to suck Clintons dick on that site
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:25:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Cali beat Texas....lol

Thats a laugh.
View Quote

Texas has one advantage over California... governance. That's it, and that's all.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top