Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:20:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, and I'm all for it. We've known for awhile that it was possible to stop the destruction of DNA and that it can even be repaired.

We could be living like the Elves from Lord of the Rings. You can still be killed in a car accident or something, but you wont die from aging.

I think at some point, you'll probably decide to die on your own terms. No one would really want to live forever.
View Quote

Brave New World
Alphas live long
Betas not so long
Gammas not too long at all
Epsilons forget about it

Time bombs planted in everyone's DNA
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:20:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
When it happens, we will never hear of it.
View Quote

It already happened.

Keanu Reeves has been injecting himself with the treatment ever since Bill and Ted.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:20:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Can you say "population bomb" ?
View Quote

Reserved only for the ruling elite and their pets.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:22:07 PM EDT
[#4]
With advances in modern science, and my high level of income it's not crazy to think that I could live to be 245, maybe 300.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:22:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It has always been within reach and didn't take a scientist to figure it out. Read the Bible. Just simply accept Jesus as Lord and Savior of you life and you will live for eternity.

View Quote

So when a thousand years go by and dont want live anymore, what do you do give Jesus the finger and keel over??
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:23:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Good way to stretch out them student loan payments and maybe a 600 month car note.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:28:24 PM EDT
[#7]
William H. Andrews (biologist)

William Henry "Bill" Andrews, Ph.D. (born December 10, 1951 in Saginaw, Michigan) is an American molecular biologist and gerontologist whose career has centered on searching for a cure for human aging. Andrews is the founder and president of the biotechnology company Sierra Sciences.[1] In 1997, he led the team at Geron Corporation that was the first to successfully identify human telomerase
Further experiments by Andrews and his team demonstrated that the protein component of telomerase was inducible, and that when the gene for that component was inserted into normal human skin cells, they could divide past the Hayflick limit and essentially stopped exhibiting replicative senescence, a likely cause of aging. Years later, these cells were deemed immortal. Typically, the only immortal human cells are our germline and most cancers.
In 1999, Andrews founded Sierra Sciences in Reno, Nevada, to capitalize on his discoveries at Geron, with the specific goal of curing human aging. Underwritten by investors Richard Offerdahl and Pierluigi Zappacosta, Andrews assembled a team to search for a small molecule that would bind to the telomerase repressor, causing the body to constitutively express telomerase in the presence of that molecule.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_H._Andrews_(biologist)
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:28:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Artificial transcription for every cell replication, every time?  Yay!  Lysosomal invagination for everyone. You get a lysosomal invagination, and you get a lysosomal invagination.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:28:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I would be down for immortality or at least a few hundred more years and the choice of dieing when Im ready.
Less than 100 years on this awesome planet seems so short.
Being able to explore more,settle in new areas for awhile without feeling any time constraints to move on before you are to infirm to do so,unlimited adventures and learning opportunities,doubly so if you could keep your body during its prime and your mind at its peak.

Of course there would be down sides. A lot more time to go through episodes of heartbreak and failures, periods of what probably feels like endless work.
View Quote

Meh.  100 years is too long in my book.   Most people should be living shorter rather than longer.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:31:33 PM EDT
[#10]
limitless bitch
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:36:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Here is what he's selling:

Product B® IsaGenesis®

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 2 Softgels
Servings per Container: 60

Amount per % Daily
Serving Value

Vitamin A (beta carotene) 3333 IU 66%
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 13 mg 21%
Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopherol) 5 IU 16%
Vitamin B12 12 mcg 200%
(cyanocobalamin and methylcobalamin)

Proprietary Blend 1280 mg ¶
Milk thistle (Silybum marianum) seed extract, flax (Linum
usitatissimum) seed oil, phosphatidylcholine, turmeric (Curcuma
longa) root extract, green tea (Camellia sinensis) leaf extract,
giant knotweed (Polygonum cuspidatum) root extract, horny goat
weed (Epimedium sagittatum) herb top extract, pomegranate
(Punica granatum) fruit extract, ashwagandha (Withania
somnifera) root extract, grape (Vitis vinifera) seed extract,
boswellia (Boswellia serrata) gum resin extract, blueberry
(Vaccinium angustifolium) fruit extract, N-acetyl-L-cysteine,
bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus) fruit extract, R-alpha lipoic acid,
L-glutathione, Asian ginseng (Panax ginseng) root extract, bacopa
(Bacopa monnieri) whole plant extract, raspberry (Rubus idaeus)
fruit extract, canola lecithin, harada (Terminalia chebula) fruit
extract, quercetin dihydrate, velvet bean (Mucuna pruriens) seed
extract, maca (Lepidium meyenii) root extract, goldthread (Coptis
chinensis) root extract, shilajit extract, acacia-thorn mimosa
(Acacia nilotica) bark extract, black tea (Camellia sinensis) leaf
extract, white tea (C. sinensis) leaf extract, proprietary carotenoid
blend (lutein, lycopene, zeaxanthin, alpha carotene)

http://www.isagenix.com/~/media/product/product-b-isagenesis/product-b-fact-panels/us-en-fact-panel-product-b

http://www.isagenix.com/en-US/products/categories/individual-items/product-b
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:38:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Eh, just give me 75-80 quality years before I flop over, I'll be happy.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:39:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Just think, OUR Politicians could be "Useless for Centuries" not just years or decades.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:46:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:46:06 PM EDT
[#15]
If it works, it could be really bad. Through history, the younger generation always struggled a bit with the older generation for power and money - but they've generally been happy to let aging take its course. If you're in a situation where you want to be management, but your manager may stay in the job for 100-200 years, you'll be a bit peeved. There's plenty of bitching now about the boomer generation not retiring and opening up their jobs for the generation X'ers - imagine that with a hundred years or more, instead of 5-15, and you've got trouble.
On the plus side, I might live long enough to see my student loans paid off.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:50:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Boosterspice. Spliced from the genes of the common ragweed.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:55:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If it works, it could be really bad. Through history, the younger generation always struggled a bit with the older generation for power and money - but they've generally been happy to let aging take its course. If you're in a situation where you want to be management, but your manager may stay in the job for 100-200 years, you'll be a bit peeved. There's plenty of bitching now about the boomer generation not retiring and opening up their jobs for the generation X'ers - imagine that with a hundred years or more, instead of 5-15, and you've got trouble.
View Quote

I can see two distinct benefits:

- Humans prioritize getting the hell off the Earth and colonizing other planets, for room and resources, and many more people are inclined to support the notion because...

- ...it will happen in their lifetime.  All of a sudden the time-window of human thinking for an individual grows from 40-50 years to three or four times that long, or more.  Our lives become several hundred years, and so we start thinking several hundred years ahead instead.  I think that would lead to a fundamental change in the human psyche that would (generally) make us more methodical, restrained, and cautious, in a good way.

Small example... I just bought property and I want to plant trees on it.  A specific tree... Sequoia Sempervirens (Coastal Redwood).  Right now?  I'd never see them full grown, I'll just plant them anywhere and let my great-great grandchildren worry about it.  If I knew I was going to make my 250th birthday, I'd probably spend a whole year mapping and planning out the best spots on the mountainside for them, because I'd be still around for the best part.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:59:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
You know when they lost credibility? Somewhere between the "G" and "I" in "ageing"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

A visiting American research scientist says he is close to discovering a 'cure' for ageing, that he could have a drug ready for testing by the end of next year.

Molecular Biologist Dr Bill Andrews told TV ONE's SUNDAY programme that humans shouldn't have to suffer from the ravages of ageing. He says that ageing is a disease that should, and could be cured.

m.tvnz.co.nz/news/national/6352840

You know when they lost credibility? Somewhere between the "G" and "I" in "ageing"

That is the spelling everywhere but 'merika.

Doesn't it suck when you assume someone else is ignorant, and it turns out to be you?

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:01:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think you are not conceptualizing this properly. You are taking what would be the most monumental social change in history and just grafting it onto existing conditions. It would not be overstating the point to say that it would disrupt EVERYTHING.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:05:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah. Uh huh.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Can you say "population bomb" ?
View Quote

Considering how few actually die from "old age", I'd say you are mistaken.

I, for one, would welcome living in the body of a 30 something until I get in a bad car wreck or die of cancer.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:15:44 PM EDT
[#22]
I know Dr. Andrews.  He will figure out how to get non reproductive cells to produce telomerase.  The effects of that remain to be seen.  The botanical solutions he has helped formulate thus far are pretty amazing, I use them myself.  

The first human to live past 150yrs is already alive, and the first to live 500yrs will be born in the next 50.  

We either crack FTL travel, or we make people able to live long enough to get there, but those are the options for interstellar exploration.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:17:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Hope it's expensive.

Poor people living forever would suck.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:17:49 PM EDT
[#24]
i would love to see it and I actually don't think it would increase average lifespan as drastically as some of yall seem to think. Heart disease and cancer would still claim many of us at nearly the same ages.

Number of deaths for leading causes of death
Heart disease: 611,105
Cancer: 584,881
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 149,205
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 130,557
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 128,978
Alzheimer's disease: 84,767
Diabetes: 75,578
Influenza and Pneumonia: 56,979
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 47,112
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 41,149
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:19:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah we all read drudge
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:21:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Fuck that. No way I'd want immortality
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:28:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Here is what he's selling:

Product B® IsaGenesis®

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 2 Softgels
Servings per Container: 60

Amount per % Daily
Serving Value

Vitamin A (beta carotene) 3333 IU 66%
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 13 mg 21%
Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopherol) 5 IU 16%
Vitamin B12 12 mcg 200%
(cyanocobalamin and methylcobalamin)

Proprietary Blend 1280 mg ¶
Milk thistle (Silybum marianum) seed extract, flax (Linum
usitatissimum) seed oil, phosphatidylcholine, turmeric (Curcuma
longa) root extract, green tea (Camellia sinensis) leaf extract,
giant knotweed (Polygonum cuspidatum) root extract, horny goat
weed (Epimedium sagittatum) herb top extract, pomegranate
(Punica granatum) fruit extract, ashwagandha (Withania
somnifera) root extract, grape (Vitis vinifera) seed extract,
boswellia (Boswellia serrata) gum resin extract, blueberry
(Vaccinium angustifolium) fruit extract, N-acetyl-L-cysteine,
bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus) fruit extract, R-alpha lipoic acid,
L-glutathione, Asian ginseng (Panax ginseng) root extract, bacopa
(Bacopa monnieri) whole plant extract, raspberry (Rubus idaeus)
fruit extract, canola lecithin, harada (Terminalia chebula) fruit
extract, quercetin dihydrate, velvet bean (Mucuna pruriens) seed
extract, maca (Lepidium meyenii) root extract, goldthread (Coptis
chinensis) root extract, shilajit extract, acacia-thorn mimosa
(Acacia nilotica) bark extract, black tea (Camellia sinensis) leaf
extract, white tea (C. sinensis) leaf extract, proprietary carotenoid
blend (lutein, lycopene, zeaxanthin, alpha carotene)

http://www.isagenix.com/~/media/product/product-b-isagenesis/product-b-fact-panels/us-en-fact-panel-product-b

http://www.isagenix.com/en-US/products/categories/individual-items/product-b
View Quote

He isn't selling Product B, Isagenix is.  Dr. John Anderson formulated it from botanicals tested by Sierra Sciences to induce telomerase production.  

I'm not a scientist so I can't tell you how it works, but my own use and literally hundreds of testimonials I've heard first hand tell me that something pretty awesome is going on in those little capsules.  Dr. Andrews is looking for a synthetic treatment that will be several hundred times more effective than the botanicals in Product B.

In the mean time, PM me if you want to buy some
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:30:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It has always been within reach and didn't take a scientist to figure it out. Read the Bible. Just simply accept Jesus as Lord and Savior of you life and you will live for eternity.

View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:36:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
i would love to see it and I actually don't think it would increase average lifespan as drastically as some of yall seem to think. Heart disease and cancer would still claim many of us at nearly the same ages.

Number of deaths for leading causes of death
Heart disease: 611,105
Cancer: 584,881
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 149,205
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 130,557
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 128,978
Alzheimer's disease: 84,767
Diabetes: 75,578
Influenza and Pneumonia: 56,979
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 47,112
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 41,149
View Quote

Exactly.  Dr. Andrews and his wife run ultramarathons and are health fanatics.  He takes 16 Product B capsules a day.  The guy is a beast.  

Average fatty mcfatass won't see any appreciable benefit from just taking product B and not changing their lifestyle.

We need, as a society, to break our sugar addiction.  Most healthcare expenses go toward treating behavioral problems, but the bought and paid for government won't tell you how bad for you sugar really is.  No pill is going to fix that problem.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:45:42 PM EDT
[#30]
I wish to be Lazarus Long
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

- Humans prioritize getting the hell off the Earth and colonizing other planets, for room and resources, and many more people are inclined to support the notion because...

- ...it will happen in their lifetime.  All of a sudden the time-window of human thinking for an individual grows from 40-50 years to three or four times that long, or more.  Our lives become several hundred years, and so we start thinking several hundred years ahead instead.  I think that would lead to a fundamental change in the human psyche that would (generally) make us more methodical, restrained, and cautious, in a good way.

Small example... I just bought property and I want to plant trees on it.  A specific tree... Sequoia Sempervirens (Coastal Redwood).  Right now?  I'd never see them full grown, I'll just plant them anywhere and let my great-great grandchildren worry about it.  If I knew I was going to make my 250th birthday, I'd probably spend a whole year mapping and planning out the best spots on the mountainside for them, because I'd be still around for the best part.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Excellent!

Having children would be more carefully considered as well I think.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:50:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
A geriatric riot....it staggers the imagination.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm sure it will only be available to the elite.

That would start some kind of riot.
A geriatric riot....it staggers the imagination.

If there was something out there that could save my parents from dieing, and it was being kept from me because I didnt fit the 'mold'...

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:57:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

A visiting American research scientist says he is close to discovering a 'cure' for ageing, that he could have a drug ready for testing by the end of next year.
Molecular Biologist Dr Bill Andrews told TV ONE's SUNDAY programme that humans shouldn't have to suffer from the ravages of ageing. He says that ageing is a disease that should, and could be cured.

View Quote

m.tvnz.co.nz/news/national/6352840
View Quote

LOL. I wonder how his line of penis enhancement pills is selling?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:00:40 PM EDT
[#34]
No thanks,the guy is full of shit anyways.

Everything dies at some point
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:01:54 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Yes, and I'm all for it. We've known for awhile that it was possible to stop the destruction of DNA and that it can even be repaired.

We could be living like the Elves from Lord of the Rings. You can still be killed in a car accident or something, but you wont die from aging.

I think at some point, you'll probably decide to die on your own terms. No one would really want to live forever.

View Quote

So many people say this, and I often wonder if they suffer from depression.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:03:09 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

He isn't selling Product B, Isagenix is.  Dr. John Anderson formulated it from botanicals tested by Sierra Sciences to induce telomerase production.  

I'm not a scientist so I can't tell you how it works, but my own use and literally hundreds of testimonials I've heard first hand tell me that something pretty awesome is going on in those little capsules.  Dr. Andrews is looking for a synthetic treatment that will be several hundred times more effective than the botanicals in Product B.

View Quote

It's 1.28 grams of some herbs. How is that small amount per day supposed to be effective on a 70-90kg human being? What is a serving of vegetables, like 100 grams? So this is 1% of a single serving equivalent.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:05:05 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I have been hearing this for 30 years.
View Quote
This. Can't even cure basic diseases - only endless treatments with expensive subscriptions.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:05:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
No thanks,the guy is full of shit anyways.

Everything dies at some point
View Quote

Your grasp of biochemistry is staggering.

There are olive trees in the middle east as old as Christ.  There are trees right here in North America that are 5,000 years old.  Lobsters and some species of clams don't show signs of aging.  Certain tortoises and turtles can live past 200yrs with no obvious signs of aging.  Your own sperm cells have perfect brand new DNA every time they divide.  Read a book man.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:09:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It's 1.28 grams of some herbs. How is that small amount per day supposed to be effective on a 70-90kg human being? What is a serving of vegetables, like 100 grams? So this is 1% of a single serving equivalent.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vegetables have very questionable mineral value due to the conditions under which most are grown.

Also, the mass of the dose vs the mass of the recipient isn't relevant, it's what your body does with what it gets.  Some natural poisons are so strong that a tiny drop can kill a human almost instantly.  Works that way with essential nutrients as well.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:13:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:17:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Not sure I want to live forever, but it would sure be nice to be healthy as I was when I was 30 right up to the point I keel over.
View Quote

This. Heck, I'd be happy to not wake up stiff and sore.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:26:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Hmmm, I didn't read where a cure for Cancer happened.  

Good luck with immortality.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:31:19 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Vegetables have very questionable mineral value due to the conditions under which most are grown.

Also, the mass of the dose vs the mass of the recipient isn't relevant, it's what your body does with what it gets.  Some natural poisons are so strong that a tiny drop can kill a human almost instantly.  Works that way with essential nutrients as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh really. The Amazon reviews are uninspiring. Take out a percentage for the shill factor and they become tepid.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:45:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Very good Mr Burton..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess ill start looking for girls with green eyes..

I'm so old I recognize where that came from.

Very good Mr Burton..

Everyone will know it as soon as the remake with 'The Rock' comes out....

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/12/8771479/john-carpenter-the-rock-big-trouble-little-china

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:49:59 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:58:28 PM EDT
[#46]
No thanks.  Way to many people. Forget about water and food supplies.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:03:23 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Hope it's expensive.
Poor people living forever would suck.

View Quote

Think of all the babies they would make... holy shit.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:09:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I guess ill start looking for girls with green eyes..
View Quote

Found one

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:11:48 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm in. Lets do this.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:12:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Hoodrats living forever?

What could happen?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top