BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2015 11:21:15 AM EDT
And so it begins..

"I think Texas is once again showing they're
ahead of the curve," said James Rickards, author of the 2014 book "The
Death of Money: The Coming Collapse of the International Monetary
System." "They're not waiting for the disaster, but preparing for it."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_TEXAS_GOLD?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-07-04-10-30-36
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:29:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't say I blame them.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:35:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Again?  

Good.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:43:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't say I blame them.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:44:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh I saw this one. They will steal it on the way.

The gold truck is stopped in traffic and explosives cause it to fall underground. Works every time.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:48:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I have lived in Texas all my life and did not know this.

By all means get that gold out of New York.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:51:07 AM EDT
[#6]
lol

The Feds response.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:32:13 PM EDT
[#7]
If they drive it back some cop will probably try to seize it.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:50:24 PM EDT
[#8]
The gold probably does even not exist anymore, in fact I bet Fort Knox has long been pilfered and empty like Social Security funds.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:51:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Can't say I blame them.
View Quote

FPNI.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:52:32 PM EDT
[#10]
The true value of gold is about $25,000 per ounce if we ever go back to the gold standard.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#11]
They need the gold to pay the TXSG to monitor Jade Helm.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:53:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Can't say I blame them.
View Quote

Me neither. Texas is looking more and more appealing to me as the days go by. Already have family living there and the way things are going; I might just jump ship and drive my ass to TX.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:54:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The true value of gold is about $25,000 per ounce if we ever go back to the gold standard.
View Quote

So you support rapid deflation?

You must have your mortgage paid off already.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:55:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Do it
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:56:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Please let this be their  first step towards  secession. I will drop everything and move without  hesitation. ..
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:01:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote

HEAT 2?

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:05:47 PM EDT
[#17]
We've done this before. The gold is owned by the state university system, not the state per se, and its currently in a private vault, not Fort Knox or the Federal Reserve. This is much ado about nothing.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:06:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The gold probably does even not exist anymore, in fact I bet Fort Knox has long been pilfered and empty like Social Security funds.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:06:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Which is why it will never happen.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:13:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Gold std can't be manipulated/controlled.  With the current GNP-based, there's no external mechanism to promote disciplined spending.  Hence why we've piled up an unrecoverable amount of debt.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:23:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Gold std can't be manipulated/controlled.  With the current GNP-based, there's no external mechanism to promote disciplined spending.  Hence why we've piled up an unrecoverable amount of debt.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ppfff!!! Gold! Lol...

Tinfoil will be the precious metal of the future.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:29:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

FPNI.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can't say I blame them.

FPNI.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:30:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Lol, what gold?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:34:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

That would be the DEA doing an asset forfeiture.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:35:10 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Can't say I blame them.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Ppfff!!! Gold! Lol...

Tinfoil Lead will be the precious metal of the future.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ppfff!!! Gold! Lol...

Tinfoil Lead will be the precious metal of the future.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:07:44 PM EDT
[#27]
" approximately 5,600 gold bars worth around $650 million. The holdings, stored at a New York bank "

Ha Ha, that's pretty funny. And they probably believe the 143 tons of gold that backed Libya's Dinar is still in their treasury's vault in Tripoli.

Texas may get compensated in Fiat currency for their gold but they will never physically see it returned. Ever.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:08:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Again?  

Good.  
View Quote

Yeah not news.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:17:02 PM EDT
[#29]
They can wish in one hand and piss in the other. We'll see which one fills up first.

Meanwhile, I'll be getting some popcorn...BRB.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:18:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yeah not news.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Again?  

Good.  

Yeah not news.

This. But good
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:21:44 PM EDT
[#31]

If the Germans couldn't do it, the Texans sure as hell won't be able to.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:22:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The real reason that we will never go back to the gold standard is that it would take power away from the Government.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:22:44 PM EDT
[#33]
It will be very interesting to see if the physical Gold that Texas owns actually exists at that bank in NYC.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:29:20 PM EDT
[#34]
With the record of how much China, Russia, and India have moved over the last few years, I often wonder that the gold that we can purchase now is just melted bars "they" hold.

Gotta keep up the veneer that everything is peachy.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:30:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, Germany only got a promise of 3% back in the next few years and I doubt that we have the rest. The fact Germany wanted it back tells me that they want a hedge against collapse of the Euro. Not good when you consider just how much of the EU the German economy has propped up.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:15:59 PM EDT
[#36]
No place to actually put it? Trust 2nd parties to look after it? Double Jeopardy!
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:45:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, and yep.

As the Fram oil filter ad used to say, "You can pay me now or pay them later."

But there is always a day of reckoning.

This line in the article, I don't understand: "It's unclear whether repatriating it could be done with an electronic transfer or would require a fleet of planes or armored cars."

Electronic transfer????

The writer does not seem to understand.  Texas wants the gold MOVED back to Texas.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:54:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
We've done this before. The gold is owned by the state university system, not the state per se, and its currently in a private vault, not Fort Knox or the Federal Reserve. This is much ado about nothing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

From the article:

Texas' state-owned gold is held by the University of Texas Investment Management Company

See, the state owns the gold (and, by the way, it also owns the University of Texas).

But the UTIMC only manages the gold and other UT investments:

In order to enhance the process by which the various Funds' investments are governed and managed, the Board of Regents of The University of Texas System on March 1, 1996 contracted with The University of Texas Investment Management Company ("UTIMCO") to invest funds under its fiduciary control. UTIMCO is a 501(c)(3) corporation modeled after investment management companies organized by Harvard, Princeton, Stanford, and Duke Universities to invest their respective assets. It is the first investment corporation formed by a public university system and oversees investments in the Permanent University Fund, the Permanent Health Fund, the Long Term Fund, and Intermediate Term Fund, and other assets.

UTIMCO is governed by a nine-member Board of Directors consisting of at least three members of the UT System Board of Regents and four other members appointed by the UT System Board-one of whom may be the UT System Chancellor-and two members appointed by the Texas A&M System Board. At least three members appointed by the UT System Board and at least one member appointed by the Texas A&M System Board must have substantial background and expertise in investments.

http://www.utimco.org/scripts/internet/index.asp
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:16:03 AM EDT
[#39]

If the feds allow this to happen , then you'll see a 'run on the banks' as the rest of the states all try to do the same thing .

This aint gonna end well.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:20:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Last time i was in Texas, border patrol was 100 miles north of the border anyway.
Give them an inch!!
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:22:16 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Lol, what gold?
View Quote

I've got the gold right here, Pa!  Lige, take a look under that there blanket.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:56:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yeah, Germany only got a promise of 3% back in the next few years and I doubt that we have the rest. The fact Germany wanted it back tells me that they want a hedge against collapse of the Euro. Not good when you consider just how much of the EU the German economy has propped up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its the same old stack of gold being borrowed against by multiple "owners" with the interest going to its holders and it probably resides in London right now. How do you think our fractional reserve banking system got started centuries ago? One dollar paying .01% interest to the owner can become 10 dollars loaned out at 5% profit for the bank. Trouble only arises when one or more of the "co-owners" actually wants to take possession of that physical metal (or dollars). Then the excuses and delays come out.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:58:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes I think Germany has more play than Texas . Notice how that went away rather quickly
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top