Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2015 10:31:04 AM EDT
One of the main people behind uber-left "news" outlet Vox.com is celebrating the 4th of July by saying he wishes the United States of America had never existed.

Dylan Matthews says Americans and the world would be better off if the revolution had never happened:

But I'm reasonably confident a world where the revolution never happened would be better than the one we live in now, for three main reasons: slavery would've been abolished earlier, American Indians would've faced rampant persecution but not the outright ethnic cleansing Andrew Jackson and other American leaders perpetrated, and America would have a parliamentary system of government that makes policymaking easier and lessens the risk of democratic collapse.  

Matthews, who says he is traveling back to the Motherland for a UK visit this 4th, goes on to explain each point in detail.

On questions such as slavery and the treatment of the native population Matthews primarily compares American actions to those of Britain and Canada, saying both countries did a better job. Given the record of all three countries it is a tough call to make, a fact Matthews is open about, pointing to Canada's own problems dealing with Indian bands.

The part of his essay most likely to annoy Americans on the 4th of July weekend though is is claim that monarchs, and the British system, are superior.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/vox-american-independence-mistake
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:35:27 AM EDT
[#1]
...and the English would be speaking German.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:39:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:46:04 AM EDT
[#3]
lol

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:53:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Awhile back our friend Jack Nicholson was quoted saying"I do not care what you think of me, I do not think of you at all"........for an individual to make any sort of what if opinion/remark that somehow would have changed history if it were possible to alter the outcome of the present is little more than an attempt at getting attention.......fact is time travel might be possible I'm not sure I want to be a part of that though.......society has to accept/deal with what is happening right now based on what did occur in history,not what might have happened
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:54:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:56:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I have been saying for a while I am surprised more on the left don't come out and say the same thing.

Hell, I am half surprised that even calling it independence day (or celebrating how the United States won it's independence) is still politically correct.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:15:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Your being nice, he's a F#$%ing communist!
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:03:59 PM EDT
[#8]
So he takes the worst things about our history and uses those to say things would have been better without us?  What a moron.  

Geez it's amazing how people forget what freedom and capitalism in America has done for this world.  Do you think we'd have the life we have now without it?  Just take the space age - no one had the technology or the paths for advancement that we had, and that's because we had, by far, the most free economy in the world.    People were allowed to pursue riches and keep those riches and that incentive made us greater than any other nation.   Nearly everything we have today comes from that.  How many lives have been saved with medical instruments that use semiconductors?   How many people in Africa have benefited from satellite technology?  

That list just goes on and on and on.   The idea that the world would have been better without the USA is so absurd that it amazes me that it isn't shouted down before it even gets to print.  

It's a shame we are so ignorant and so brainwashed that we allow fools like this to have their insanity validated by other fools.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top