Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:42:38 PM EDT
[#1]
For me the  Amazon prime is well worth it.  Depends on how much stuff you order whether it's worth it or not.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:46:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:52:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Did your "Sea Monkeys"   die too?  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Some of us are old enough to remember filling out forms in a catalog or the back of a comic book, paying for an envelope and stamp to mail a paper check you had to get from mom because kids didn't have checking privileges, then waiting 6-8 weeks not even knowing if your letter was received.

If you need something in a hurry, pay the extra.
Did your "Sea Monkeys"   die too?  

Did you ever order anything from Johnson & Smith?  I'd spend hours studying their catalog when I was a kid.  

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:57:27 PM EDT
[#4]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now we get bitchy if it takes 3 days.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/catalog/sam-holt-guns.jpg

Hmmm, interesting take on the subject.  2 day shipping or a catalog of guns delivered to your door?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:00:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:33:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:16:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I have three Amazon warehouses in town, and they are talking of building another. No problems for me.
View Quote
Damn, three or four warehouses in one town in Tunisia? Amazon sure is expanding!

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:01:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Then spring a couple extra bucks for the two day shipping instead of the free super cheapskate saver shipping.

Amazon has a duty to provide fast service and shipping to Prime customers. Honestly, before Amazon Prime I often hesitated before buying via the internet because it took so long to get what you order. Amazon really changed the landscape when it comes to internet purchasing. If you had Prime you would have your headset Monday.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I placed an Amazon order last Friday.  Three separate items for about $50.  Nothing's shipped yet.  

Today I needed a telephone headset for work.  I read the Amazon reviews, then bought it from some random Ebay seller with high feedback.  I'll probably get it early next week.  

I used to go to the stores, look at stuff, and then buy it from Amazon.  

Nowadays, it seems like I go to Amazon, read the reviews, and buy it elsewhere.  

No, I'm not going to pay for Amazon Prime.
Then spring a couple extra bucks for the two day shipping instead of the free super cheapskate saver shipping.

Amazon has a duty to provide fast service and shipping to Prime customers. Honestly, before Amazon Prime I often hesitated before buying via the internet because it took so long to get what you order. Amazon really changed the landscape when it comes to internet purchasing. If you had Prime you would have your headset Monday.

FIFY.  

Successful companies provide "fast service" to all customers.  Waiting two weeks to get a shipment out the door isn't fast service.  

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:30:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

FIFY.  
Successful companies provide "fast service" to all customers.  Waiting two weeks to get a shipment out the door isn't fast service.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I placed an Amazon order last Friday.  Three separate items for about $50.  Nothing's shipped yet.  
Today I needed a telephone headset for work.  I read the Amazon reviews, then bought it from some random Ebay seller with high feedback.  I'll probably get it early next week.  

FIFY.  

Amazon seems pretty successful to me, at least successful enough for you to start this thread about it, and guess what? I'm paying Amazon so that my stuff takes priority over your stuff.
Just look at it like this:
I paid Amazon $1 so that they ship my box before yours. What are you going to do about it? Oh, bitch about it on the intertubes?
Jolly good call, mate.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:32:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Pay for prime, get all the shit you want/need in two days max, and keep from giving money to two of the most anti-2A companies in existence?

It's like $100/year and worth every penny.
View Quote

Prime has slowed down for me significantly.

Can't actually remember the last time I got my stuff in 2days.

Txl
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:35:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Txl
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pay for prime, get all the shit you want/need in two days max, and keep from giving money to two of the most anti-2A companies in existence?

Txl

So it turns out that delivery drones have a less than stellar survival rate in Somalia. Huh. Who knew?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:56:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Txl
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Txl
Get you Prime renewal date extended a month, EVERY TIME that happens. Why not? It is their policy. It makes Prime cheaper for you, but you still might not get everything in two days
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:12:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You pay or you wait or you buy it somewhere else, where you don't need to pay or wait.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some people choose to go through life doing things the hard way.  Others choose Prime.  

You pay or you wait.  its that easy.  My order and all the other Prime orders go first and that's why your orders take a long time.  Amazon has build in a lot of value into Prime and its a no brainier if you order frequently.  

You pay or you wait or you buy it somewhere else, where you don't need to pay or wait.  

Let me know when you find the place where you don't have to pay or wait and I will join you there. Till then it will be Amazon Prime for me.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:15:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Txl
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Txl

Weird.  I can't remember the last time a package from Amazon didn't show up in the timeframe promised.  Except the lost gun cases I spoke about previously.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:16:23 PM EDT
[#15]
For me and my household Prime is worth it ... No doubt!! Prime packages are also delivered on Sunday now via USPS and I can have packages overnighted for $3

I have had 100s of prime packages delivered and never had any not make it within 2 days
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:22:11 PM EDT
[#16]
My last Amazon order was an HDMI cable, USB cable and a bottle of Arizona tea... time from order to being on my doorstep was 40 minutes

Prime is worth it, at least for me. That cost is NOTHING compared to what I save on rush shipping, not to mentioned the simplicity.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:05:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm finding for most of the stuff I get on Amazon, I can find it locally for very close to Amazon prices. (including prime)

For electronics, Best Buy and Microcenter both price match amazon and for the same price, I'd rather go get something the same day rather than wait for shipping.

Even day to day goods are not much difference at local stores now that we have to pay sales tax on Amazon purchases here. I might not be renewing my prime membership the next time around.
View Quote

It's worth the $100 to me to not have to go to the store every time I need something. If I have to drive to the store and back I've burned an hour minimum. Two trips eliminated pays for the membership with time and gas savings.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:12:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Hmmm, interesting take on the subject.  2 day shipping or a catalog of guns delivered to your door?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now we get bitchy if it takes 3 days.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/catalog/sam-holt-guns.jpg

If I could still mail-order guns, you could keep your two day shipping.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:10:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:37:51 AM EDT
[#20]
I just hate how they don't give a shit about non prime orders. I ordered a set of truglos on June 20th didn't get them till the 30th with free shipping. You may say suck it up you didn't pay for shipping, but I question their methods. They were 3rd party fulfilled by amazon, which I read means amazon physically has them in their warehouse. According to their tracking and USPS tracking they didn't do anything until the 29th. So why on free shipping would you wait 9 days and then essentially ship overnight to meet the deadline.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 9:20:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I just hate how they don't give a shit about non prime orders. I ordered a set of truglos on June 20th didn't get them till the 30th with free shipping. You may say suck it up you didn't pay for shipping, but I question their methods. They were 3rd party fulfilled by amazon, which I read means amazon physically has them in their warehouse. According to their tracking and USPS tracking they didn't do anything until the 29th. So why on free shipping would you wait 9 days and then essentially ship overnight to meet the deadline.
View Quote

Huh.
Prime seems to be working just fine for me.

Go ahead and question their methods. Are you comparing them to other companies and their shipping methods, or just whining because they don't ship 'fast enough' to your non-Prime doorstep?

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 9:35:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Amazon is the shit, prime is even better.
Stop being a tightwad and complaining about slow ground shipping.
Most places that ship economy ground take a week anyway.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 9:53:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Huh.
Prime seems to be working just fine for me.

Go ahead and question their methods. Are you comparing them to other companies and their shipping methods, or just whining because they don't ship 'fast enough' to your non-Prime doorstep?

View Quote

I wasn't whining about not spending 100 dollars for the couple of orders a year I do. How does it make sense to sit on an order and then have to ship it next day to make the deadline they specified
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 9:55:23 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote
Most retailers need less than a week to get a shipment out the door.  But the economy ground shipment may need another week.  

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 10:06:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Most retailers need less than a week to get a shipment out the door.  But the economy ground shipment may need another week.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

well if it's a marketplace seller they can be slow to ship items.
if it's stocked and sold by amazon, I'd guess it's on the ultra low priority list behind all the other prime orders in front of it
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 10:57:34 AM EDT
[#26]
I use Prime, brah.

2 day shipping for the win, Prime is pricey but as much shit as I buy off Amazon I have saved the money in shipping and then some.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:20:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

You get what you pay for. Think of Prime as an "expediting fee". Those who pay get moved up in line and have their orders expedited. Those who pay even more for next day shipping get moved to the front of the line. Those who want their shipping for "free" have to get in line at the back and wait until it is convenient for the shipper to get the package out.

The company I work for sells industrial supplies. We offer "free delivery" to our customers, at our convenience. It might be the same day you order, or it might be a couple of days, depending on when our truck is in your area next. We send the truck when it has a full load of deliveries to go to a particular area, as we get the most bang for our buck that way. Since it is our buck that is paying for that "free delivery", we get to decide exactly when it goes out. You always have the option to PAY for any shipping method you choose, and we sometimes have customers who are more than willing to pay a courier service lots of money to drive parts out to them immediately after ordering. They get what they pay for.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:36:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
eBay has a new feedback thing, 'Did it arrive before the estimated delivery?'

Just hit that one today on an awesome book I got in brand new condition from eBay $23, over $100 on Amazon.

You have to shop around for the odd ball stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
eBay has a new feedback thing, 'Did it arrive before the estimated delivery?'

Just hit that one today on an awesome book I got in brand new condition from eBay $23, over $100 on Amazon.

You have to shop around for the odd ball stuff.

I shop both Amazon and eBay because there are a number of times stuff is just cheaper from an eBay store.

Just like people that love Costco or Sam's and never look anywhere else - you'll usually get a good price, but not always the best price.

Just gotta shop multiple places sometimes.

Quoted:
Some of us are old enough to remember filling out forms in a catalog or the back of a comic book, paying for an envelope and stamp to mail a paper check you had to get from mom because kids didn't have checking privileges, then waiting 6-8 weeks not even knowing if your letter was received.

If you need something in a hurry, pay the extra.

I recall......  

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Why should I pay $100 for Prime?  
Today's order was a good example.  I bought it on Ebay, saved $6 (Ebay was cheaper than Amazon price), and received faster shipping than Amazon.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You need to go Prime. The olden days are old. Free shipping used to be a few days, now it s a week or more to "prepare for shipping".

Why should I pay $100 for Prime?  
Today's order was a good example.  I bought it on Ebay, saved $6 (Ebay was cheaper than Amazon price), and received faster shipping than Amazon.  

Because stuff ships for free and usually within a couple hours of hitting submit, and always withing 2 days? It's worth every penny if you buy a fair amount of stuff. You have like 50 guys in this thread saying it's worth it, maybe you should listen lol
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:44:41 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote

2 days max my ass. I got so sick of firing off emails about slow Prime shipments I gave up on it and let it expire.

I do better nowadays with Ebay...shipping isn't any faster, but the price is usually much better...plus I'm not paying $100 a year to get slow service and higher prices.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:46:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Prime is an alternative to buying from Amazon?  LOL.  

View Quote

Well...since you don't have Prime, yes.

Think of it like eBay, but you pay $100 a year for unlimited 2 day shipping + a no hassle return.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:53:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Last  year I bought like 60K of stuff on Amazon (I order a lot of stuff for the biz from Amazon.)  Not one thing wasn't delivered when it was supposed to.

Prime is the only way to fly.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#33]
I ordered something on Thursday July 2nd, selected the free shipping (not prime).
Got an email Friday afternoon that it had shipped and would be delivered on Sunday July 5th
Sunday morning USPS mail carrier pulled up in driveway and honked horn.
Turns out they deliver until 8 PM on weekends for Amazon.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:55:35 PM EDT
[#34]
I get my prime stuff on Sunday, that I order on Friday.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:57:52 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some people choose to go through life doing things the hard way.  Others choose Prime.  

You pay or you wait.  its that easy.  My order and all the other Prime orders go first and that's why your orders take a long time.  Amazon has build in a lot of value into Prime and its a no brainier if you order frequently.  

Isn't that cute. You think shipping delays only happen to Amazon.

BTW, I have never had an item late with Amazon, prime or not. NEVER.  I have, failed to read where it's coming from and had to wait though. Maybe you ordered direct ship from china stuff?  My bets are some where in the fine print (which you didn't read) it says flat out how long it will take.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:58:52 PM EDT
[#36]
figure out the vendor on amazon you are buying from, buy direct from them... avoid sales tax in many cases that way also.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:03:18 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I've had several. Waiting on 1 now that I ordered on Monday.  It still hasn't shipped. Yes it was Prime and it still shows in stock.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No problem in central Fl, we have one or two new warehouses. Not one solitary late package on prime here.

I've had several. Waiting on 1 now that I ordered on Monday.  It still hasn't shipped. Yes it was Prime and it still shows in stock.  

I still don't have this order. After contacting them yesterday they claim they discovered the "problem" and would be upgrading to 1 day shipping.

It still hasn't shipped. Website still claims in stock, sold and ships from Amazon and Prime eligible.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:28:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

if it's stocked and sold by amazon, I'd guess it's on the ultra low priority list behind all the other prime orders in front of it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You paying attention, crawej21?

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:21:26 PM EDT
[#39]
I bought from a 3rd party fulfilled by amazon. According to their own website, http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=106096011, the item would ship from one of their facilities.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:24:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I bought from a 3rd party fulfilled by amazon. According to their own website, http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=106096011, the item would ship from one of their facilities.
View Quote

Look up.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:28:12 PM EDT
[#41]
I am unsure of how prime is expensive.  Not only do you get their version of netflix etc from it, but the time and fuel saved from having to go to a store makes prime amazingly cheap.  I use it for work and for home.  I can accomplish in 5 minutes on amazon, what would take me atleast 1 hour to go to a store and do, not counting the time I wasted doing other things that make me money.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:47:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Yep... Amazon prime is the bomb!

Out of roughly 50 purchases since 04/13, all have arrived on time... sometimes a day early.

I had one delivery made on Christmas eve (delivered before Christmas as promised).

My area is eligible for same day shipping. It would be rare that I would need something that quick, but if I ever did, it's
nice to know that it's there.

Even purchasing via non Prime is a godsend.

I haven't set foot in mall in between Thanksgiving and early January in 4 years or more.

For anyone that has had problems with delivery time, it makes a big difference if there is a fulfillment center close to you.

Link Posted: 7/15/2015 10:21:32 PM EDT
[#43]

Third time my deliveries are late in the last two weeks.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 11:00:05 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I get my prime stuff on Sunday, that I order on Friday.
View Quote

Me too. Oh, you meant the Sunday immediately following Friday? Well, no, not so lucky.

BTW, got 3 orders incoming right now, the only one that made it on time was the one they didn't notify me on shipping until I had already got it. The other two were supposed to be 2-day orders (from their fulfilment) and are on day 4. They might be in the mailbox, haven't checked, but the tracking says otherwise.

What threads like these tell me, is that there's no consistency. I've been having issues for a couple years with slow shipments, inexplicably. Other people claim to never have any.

Something's up. It's not like I live in BFE.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top