Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:31:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So what the flag symbolizes to me must be the same thing that you infer that it symbolizes..racism?  Project much?  Under your definition my neighbor who is a WWII south Pacific vet that flies the stars and bars must be embracing racism.  His 1/2 black great grandchild is going to be sooo disappointed!

Unfortunately for people that don't live in the south they tend to believe that the flag must be a racist symbol and insist on labeling it as such.  It is an uniformed opinion at best.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Actually I am quite a reasonable person you just don't know me from Adam.

ETA:  If you want to discuss that the Stars and Bars was not the historically correct flag then I would give you that point.  If you want to paint the Stars and Bars with a broad brush of racism then you would be just as ignorant as those that wish to revise history.

I paint the Confederacy with the Broad brush of racism. Flags and what not are secondary to that.

Anyone who tries to deny the very foundation of the movement that led to it is the one trying to revise history.

Anyone who fixates on different flags is clearly missing the point, probably intentionally.

So what the flag symbolizes to me must be the same thing that you infer that it symbolizes..racism?  Project much?  Under your definition my neighbor who is a WWII south Pacific vet that flies the stars and bars must be embracing racism.  His 1/2 black great grandchild is going to be sooo disappointed!

Unfortunately for people that don't live in the south they tend to believe that the flag must be a racist symbol and insist on labeling it as such.  It is an uniformed opinion at best.

I travel a lot for work.  I have seen less racism in the South.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:33:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

No one cares what you have revised history to pretend that flag means.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:  If you want to discuss that the Stars and Bars was not the historically correct flag then I would give you that point.  If you want to paint the Stars and Bars with a broad brush of racism then you would be just as ignorant as those that wish to revise history.

I paint the Confederacy with the Broad brush of racism. Flags and what not are secondary to that.

Anyone who tries to deny the very foundation of the movement that led to it is the one trying to revise history.

Anyone who fixates on different flags is clearly missing the point, probably intentionally.

That's funny. Most of the country doesn't care what five assholes in black robes revised the word marriage to mean either, but here we are forced to live under the new revision.

Why is their revision ok ?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:33:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

So?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Slavery and segregation was legal under the US Flag longer than it was under the stars and bars.

So?

The so is that you can try to erase history all you want,  doesn't change that it happened.  Revising history is a classic communist move and this tactic they are using is nothing more than groundwork for even more damaging changes to this countries history.

How long before the Constitution is banned because it was written by slave owners.....you know,  because of feelings?

At this point I wish the confederacy had won...... Because what was left in the wake of its defeat is leading to this countries destruction.

I fear slavery will be the least of our problems within the next 50 years.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:39:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That's funny. Most of the country doesn't care what five assholes in black robes revised the word marriage to mean either, but here we are forced to live under the new revision.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably because under the Constitution, they get to do what they did.  You don't have to agree with it, but your opinion counts for one vote at the ballot box, feel free to use it.

There's no comparison between a SCOTUS decision and the continued flying of a flag that celebrates racism and slavery.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:41:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

There's no comparison between a SCOTUS decision and the continued flying of a flag that celebrates racism and slavery.
View Quote

jeez, that was really stupid....
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:43:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Confederate Flag Flop: Public Opinion Remains Unchanged From Where It Was 15 Years Ago

Flag flop

The latest polling shows that most Americans still view the Confederate flag as a symbol of Southern pride as opposed to racism — an opinion that has not significantly changed in 15 years.

After the last couple of weeks of anti-Confederate hysteria, you don’t have to be a fan of the rebel battle flag to appreciate that the public is basically shrugging their shoulders.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:48:37 AM EDT
[#7]
This shit is really getting out of hand.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:58:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So the definition of things does not change with time?

Can things be redefined with time?

I will put out there that if the definition of words can be changed , then the definition of a flag can change.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will put out there that if the definition of words can be changed , then the definition of a flag can change.

None of that changes the history. Yet people accuse me of being revisionist. Laughable.

There might be some people who sincerely believe the Nazi "Reich" was a noble anti-Communist cause and that the Holocaust never happened. That doesn't make them correct. It makes them delusional.

Oh, but there was anti-semitism and ultranationalist ambition in Europe for millennia, the Nazi Reich only existed for 12 years! Derp!
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:58:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

And no one cares that you don't like it.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:59:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Confederate Flag Flop: Public Opinion Remains Unchanged From Where It Was 15 Years Ago

Flag flop

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Flag flop

The latest polling shows that most Americans still view the Confederate flag as a symbol of Southern pride as opposed to racism — an opinion that has not significantly changed in 15 years.

After the last couple of weeks of anti-Confederate hysteria, you don’t have to be a fan of the rebel battle flag to appreciate that the public is basically shrugging their shoulders.

LOL, CNN National poll and only a 2 point change in 15 years.

57% believe in represents Southern pride, not racism.

33% think it represents racism. That includes a majority of blacks, all true "progressives" and 50 GD SJW's.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:59:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The so is that you can try to erase history all you want,  doesn't change that it happened.  ...
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:03:37 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Yup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The so is that you can try to erase history all you want,  doesn't change that it happened.  ...

Yup.

Yawn.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:07:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Good, the years of blindly tolerating the symbols of a movement that opposed everything this country stands for, all in them name of "reconciliation" (while actually being nothing more than pandering) might as well end now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just when you think this CBF shit can't get any dumber.....

Not just the CBF in this case. ALL Confederate flags.

Good, the years of blindly tolerating the symbols of a movement that opposed everything this country stands for, all in them name of "reconciliation" (while actually being nothing more than pandering) might as well end now.

Clean out all that irrelevant historical junk eh?

It was one thing to complain about it as a form of political expression.  History denial is quite another matter.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:09:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't have to like facts, they're still facts.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:10:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

None of that changes the history. Yet people accuse me of being revisionist. Laughable.

There might be some people who sincerely believe the Nazi "Reich" was a noble anti-Communist cause and that the Holocaust never happened. That doesn't make them correct. It makes them delusional.

Oh, but there was anti-semitism and ultranationalist ambition in Europe for millennia, the Nazi Reich only existed for 12 years! Derp!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The argument that throughout the history of the word marriage meant one man one woman , didn't mean jack to the five communists on the SC.

So I'm assuming you're with the majority of the people in believing in the "historical" meaning of the word marriage ?

What is trying to get people like you to see, is that when you put the very definition of everything in the hands of gov , you get utter hypocrisy.

While you may agree now, with a lib gov , will you be so understanding of a conservative gov redefining things their way?

Why give gov that power at all?

You keep harping on history, but do you really understand that argument?

The history and true meaning of the constitution is well written about in the federalist papers, maybe we should force the gov to abide by what was written?

Using History as an argument wont be kind to the liberals if extended to other arguments in our society .
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:11:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

There is no historically valid reason to fly all of these flags equal to the US flag like they do. The only reason they ever did was pandering.

http://www.nps.gov/common/uploads/photogallery/akr/park/fosu/82655295-1DD8-B71C-075F8572ADFF7BB5/82655295-1DD8-B71C-075F8572ADFF7BB5.JPG

Now, to denote positions, specific regions, equipment, etc? Or, in a display teaching about the various flags flown by opposing forces? Yeah, that happens at a shitload of NPS-managed sites.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Huh. No history of it there?

There is no historically valid reason to fly all of these flags equal to the US flag like they do. The only reason they ever did was pandering.

http://www.nps.gov/common/uploads/photogallery/akr/park/fosu/82655295-1DD8-B71C-075F8572ADFF7BB5/82655295-1DD8-B71C-075F8572ADFF7BB5.JPG

Now, to denote positions, specific regions, equipment, etc? Or, in a display teaching about the various flags flown by opposing forces? Yeah, that happens at a shitload of NPS-managed sites.

Each of the flags is explained in its historical context during the flag raising process in the morning.

Usually I like your posts, but your ignorance in this is astounding.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:12:43 AM EDT
[#17]
The pity is that no future administration, no matter how conservative, will ever put them back up.  They're gone forever, and with them some important lessons and reminders.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:14:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Book.  

Burnings.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:15:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Full Retard

They've gone it.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:15:46 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quit wallowing in your self righteousness. Things change over time. Ideas, words, and thoughts. The Confederate flag I think to most southerners represents pride in the South. It no longer represents the idea of slave ownership, or hatred against blacks.

I'm going to assume both you and Bohr are from the north since both of you only have your black or white blinders on.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:16:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Book.  

Burnings.
View Quote

Heil Obama!
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:18:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quit wallowing in your self righteousness. Things change over time. Ideas, words, and thoughts. The Confederate flag I think to most southerners represents pride in the South. It no longer represents the idea of slave ownership, or hatred against blacks.

I'm going to assume both you and Bohr are from the north since both of you only have your black or white blinders on.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh you changed its meaning so it's okay now.

No one gives a fuck about your revisionist history.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:19:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

I suppose the person flying the Confederate flag while ice-fishing on Alton Bay in Alton, New Hampshire is racist.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:20:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Hey did I get in before Bored_Adams?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:20:19 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And no one gives a fuck about you. So piss off if you don't like it.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:20:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Each of the flags is explained in its historical context during the flag raising process in the morning.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But he posted why the Confederacy formed. (Just like he does in every thread and it's really long so he must be informed.)

Thanks for the info about the flag raising.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:22:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah, I think I'll just be over here enjoying your crying and pissing and moaning as another symbol of hate and oppression finally joins things like the swastika in the dustbin of history.

Nobody likes a sore loser.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:28:33 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Nah, I think I'll just be over here enjoying your crying and pissing and moaning as another symbol of hate and oppression finally joins things like the swastika in the dustbin of history.

Nobody likes a sore loser.
View Quote

Good. Here's some jerk off material for you.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:32:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except for the majority of America, and that hasn't changed in the past 15 years.

The only ones bitching about the flag are a gaggle of Jarrett/Soros freaks and a few of you here in GD.

If you care about racism then do something about it. Taking flags down at Fort Sumter, from Amazon, Ebay, Daytona Motor Speedway and the Dukes of Hazard isn't going to accomplish anything. Stop acting like Obama's little pajama boy.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:32:36 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm sure some of the posters in this thread are celebrating the USSC's step by step dismantling of the Constitution, since it was openly racist.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:49:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pandering is pandering, regardless of a few minutes of disclaimer nobody hears.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:50:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The pity is that no future administration, no matter how conservative, will ever put them back up.  They're gone forever, and with them some important lessons and reminders.

View Quote

They're not "gone forever" they are relegated to exhibits and historical markers as they should be.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:57:37 AM EDT
[#33]
W
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lmfao...you've just made the most ironic and hypocritical post in arf history....to call out Pandering....ahaaaahhhhaaaaaa....

You can drop all the cut and paste of civil war history, but all this flag shit is just that PC Pandering....thats fucking rich coming from you!!!!

Thanks for the laugh...  you've just rendered every one of your post in this thread and others on the topic moot.

Love it when people and their ignorance and inconsistency of self righteousness out themselves.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:59:32 AM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:07:39 AM EDT
[#35]

That song is rife with nuanced racism and white supremacy overtones.

I'm surprised it's even legal to play.

(My favorite song from The Band and a great remake. )
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:13:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Just a few bandwagon jumpers on this thread that don't even live in the South but want to force their personal viewpoints on those that do.  Freedom much?

Josh I know your answer since you have assured us many times that the NSA isn't nefarious or something we should be concerned about.  

I'm sorry you are so butthurt over a flag suddenly now that you think popular opinion support your statist views.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:13:43 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

When dos the Kristallnacht start?  I want to get in the glass biz.

View Quote
Honestly you are not that far off. As an historian I'm seeing a very close historical social parallel repeating itself right now. The White males (especially Southern) are the new Jews and the government and media we have right now are acting in a very similar same manner as the German government and press of 1933 whipping up hate and attempting to scrub society of all history in order to start its new national socialist 'religion'.
They need a scapegoat to rally the masses around, it was Jews in Germany, it's Whites now.
Now about that Jewish White privilege where we need to expunge you from the media and academia...oh and about that wealth your people "stole"...throw your gold rings and watches in that pile and shoes in that one...step inside.
At the rate this racial hate is being pushed by this media imagine 10-20 years from now, when you are a minority by design.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:16:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Funny how in Canada its still legal to fly the Confederate flag..my neighbor has one up. Not so in the land of the "free' anymore...
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:19:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Hookers and blow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is a trial run. Confederate flag today....so what's tomorrow?

Hookers and blow.

Isn't that the plan for EVERY day?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:21:19 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Honestly you are not that far off. As an historian I'm seeing a very close historical social parallel repeating itself right now. The White males (especially Southern) are the new Jews and the government and media we have right now are acting in a very similar same manner as the German government and press of 1933 whipping up hate and attempting to scrub society of all history in order to start its new national socialist 'religion'.

They need a scapegoat to rally the masses around, it was Jews in Germany, it's Whites now.

Now about that Jewish White privilege where we need to expunge you from the media and academia...oh and about that wealth your people "stole"...throw your gold rings and watches in that pile and shoes in that one...step inside.

At the rate this racial hate is being pushed by this media imagine 10-20 years from now, when you are a minority by design.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

When dos the Kristallnacht start?  I want to get in the glass biz.

Thank you I was waiting for anyone to see the parallels that this path we are headed down resembles.  Divide and conquer that is all this is, it has nothing to do with slavery or a flag, but that won't stop the useful idiots that think they are far more insightful than the uneducated masses.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:22:31 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
They're not "gone forever" they are relegated to exhibits and historical markers as they should be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And the useful idiots are trying to get rid of those too, in case you haven't been paying attention
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:23:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:24:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Which flag was genocide (can't really call it anything else) against the American Indian Tribes committed under?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:27:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:28:30 AM EDT
[#45]
In this thread, a statist spends a lot of time saying "don't display things I don't like!"
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:29:28 AM EDT
[#46]
This is getting totally out of hand.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:29:43 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Which flag was genocide (can't really call it anything else) against the American Indian Tribes committed under?
View Quote

Well since that flag belonged to the victors, it's good to go (at least according to the logic of some here)
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:30:00 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Recent events suggest otherwise.  Battlefield displays of the flag, statues of Generals, memorials, and other locations have already been targeted for removal.  The CBF in South Carolina was removed from ***a civil war memorial***.  It's really follish to think that there is any location, context, or reason for display that is safe from the PC warriors.  

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:31:16 AM EDT
[#49]
On the positive side, the sooner we can erase history, the sooner we can repeat it. Preferably with better results next time.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:31:46 AM EDT
[#50]
That Jarvis motherfucker needs to be fired.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top