Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/3/2015 12:59:30 AM EDT
Delete if dupe.

"Bubba Watson, the third-ranked golfer in the world and owner of one of the official General Lee cars from the late 1970s TV show "Dukes of Hazzard" has decided to paint over the Confederate flag that adorns the top of the widely recognizable vehicle.

Watson tweeted his plans Thursday night about the car he bought at auction several years ago for $110,000."

Link To Story
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:00:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Dumbass
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:00:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Dumbass.

EDIT: LOL, beat!
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:00:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Pussy
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:01:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Pussy
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:02:41 AM EDT
[#5]
FBW
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:03:01 AM EDT
[#6]
What a fucking faggot.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:04:46 AM EDT
[#7]
And it will now be a $25,000 car I guess
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:05:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sorry, best I can do is $5.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:07:06 AM EDT
[#9]
He just lost another fan. What a weak follower.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:07:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What a fucking faggot.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:07:20 AM EDT
[#11]

Sell the damned car Bubba and don't destroy an iconic piece of history, you stupid fuck.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:07:34 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

What a fucking faggot.
View Quote
Yep.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:07:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:08:03 AM EDT
[#14]
lol the owners of all the other duke cars are waiting for the price increase on theres, wasnt there around 100 general lee's used throught out the show
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:08:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Sell the damned car Bubba and don't destroy an iconic piece of history, you stupid fuck.
View Quote

Yup fucking moran.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:08:10 AM EDT
[#16]
What a weak, stupid fuck.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:10:44 AM EDT
[#17]
His car his rules...honestly.

Now if he was my buddie I would kick him in the nuts for being a dumbass
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:11:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Normally I wouldn't give two shits if he painted over it. It is his car after all. However, he's going through the effort to ensure everyone knows what a great dude he is for doing this in a pretty public manner. My problem isn't that people are coming to this wonderful realization about the Confederate aFlag. It's that they're so knee-jerky about it. What, did ol fuckhead the golfer suddenly realize that there's a bug fucking flag on his car? Did people suddenly realize this thing is common across the American South? Have they been fighting this glorious crusade against racism and small mindedness for ages?
Fuck no! They just realized it was a thing they can get offended about. They also realized that they can get some temporary cool points for saying they are offended.

I'm not a Confederate Flag guy. Personally I feel that continuing to argue about a war that ended 150 years ago is kinda dumb, but goddamn! people got me teetering on buying one just to offend them and their gentle souls more.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:11:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Attention whore fuckstick.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:13:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:14:26 AM EDT
[#21]
His tweet begins "I believe all mean are created equal..."

His plan is to paint the flag of the country founded on the premise that all mean are created equal...as long as you're a white man. The flag that flew over slave owners. The flag that wiped out the American Indian.

Musta been a history major.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:16:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a fucking faggot.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:17:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Coward
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:20:00 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm not a "flag and anthem" kinda guy, but all this reactionary activity makes me want to fly a confederate battle flag.  

I mean holy shit, what is it about people and symbols and fabric?

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:21:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
lol the owners of all the other duke cars are waiting for the price increase on theres, wasnt there around 100 general lee's used throught out the show  
View Quote

By the time they stopped filming new episodes filming there almost no running 1968/69 Chargers left in Southern California.  The studio was sending people out to search for those model years and make offers to the owners on the spot.

IIRC, there was a group of "beauty cars" used for the driving and interior scenes and a "new" car used for each jump.  Jump cars were used once and then scrapped due to the amount of damage the jumps caused.

From what I read, usually the unibodies split along bend and seam welds along the rocker panel and floor junction.  Not to mention the front sub-frames being bent between the front wheels and the firewall, usually seen on screen when a crease would develop on the top of the front fenders.

So hundreds of cars were used for the series, but only the "beauty cars" survived.  Any other General Lees were either reproductions or someone got hold of the scrapped ones and pieced together a frankencar of questionable safety.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:31:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:36:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The only thing "Lee 1" left on that car is the firewall, and the data plate and thats it if I remember correctly.

The original roof was sold separate from the car.

He should just repaint the whole car, I hate GL conversions.
View Quote

Meh....he'll hire it out to someone who used to work at Wal-Mart and will end up painting the ISIS flag on it instead.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:42:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

More like whatever it would have sold for, minus the cost of having it repainted (assuming the buyer wants the rebel flag on there).
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:46:00 AM EDT
[#29]
You need balls Bubba, Tiger Woods flying Jason Dufners wife around the country to bang her size balls.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:47:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What a fucking faggot.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:51:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Plasti-Dip, hopefully ?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:52:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Douchebag bed wetter

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:57:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Fuckin commie. I hope he gets paint all over his good pants
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:00:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Some folks just ain't real bright.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:04:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a fucking faggot.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:07:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

320 General Lees were used to film the series. Others claim about 255 were used in the series. Approximately 17 still exist in various states of repair. On average, more than one General Lee was used up per show.

According to Wikipedia.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:08:47 AM EDT
[#37]
He should trade it for
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:11:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

By the time they stopped filming new episodes filming there almost no running 1968/69 Chargers left in Southern California.  The studio was sending people out to search for those model years and make offers to the owners on the spot.

IIRC, there was a group of "beauty cars" used for the driving and interior scenes and a "new" car used for each jump.  Jump cars were used once and then scrapped due to the amount of damage the jumps caused.

From what I read, usually the unibodies split along bend and seam welds along the rocker panel and floor junction.  Not to mention the front sub-frames being bent between the front wheels and the firewall, usually seen on screen when a crease would develop on the top of the front fenders.

So hundreds of cars were used for the series, but only the "beauty cars" survived.  Any other General Lees were either reproductions or someone got hold of the scrapped ones and pieced together a frankencar of questionable safety.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They resorted to reusing jump scenes from earlier episodes and RC cars occasionally in the last season.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:12:02 AM EDT
[#39]

Totes adorbes

His car, his paint though....
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:13:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

More like whatever it would have sold for, minus the cost of having it repainted (assuming the buyer wants the rebel flag on there).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He should of quietly sold it to someone that would appreciate the General Lee.  It is arguably the most popular vehicles in the US.
One Hazard County Sheriff car and 82 ft later and the rest was history. Just another Charger now.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:24:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Spineless pussy
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:24:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. What a load of PC faggotry.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:24:52 AM EDT
[#43]
The dude makes a eunuch look macho in comparison.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:27:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Totes adorbes

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Totes adorbes

Yeah, he is free to do what he wants to it....  But it is pretty fucking retarded to take an investment and turn it into just another car that will be worth 1/4.  He should just sell it and buy a different car that isn't tied to the show.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:30:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yeah, he is free to do what he wants to it....  But it is pretty fucking retarded to take an investment and turn it into just another car that will be worth 1/4.  He should just sell it and buy a different car that isn't tied to the show.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Totes adorbes

I agree. As an investment he just ruined it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:30:46 AM EDT
[#46]
What a tard
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:35:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Dumb, short-sighted, cowardly, attention whore.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:36:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Totes adorbes

So true.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:37:58 AM EDT
[#49]
I'll take replies number 1, 2, and 3, for a thousand Alex.

It would be nice if people would just ignore these attention whoring libs.  They are like attention starved children acting up in front of a crowd.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:40:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Reply number 6 works also.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top