Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/3/2015 12:00:03 AM EDT
He's a proven killer...mice, rats, squirrels. He got this squirrel the other day while I was washing my car. Trotted by carrying it by the throat, then chomped on it til done. He seemed bummed when it wouldn't play with him.

This morning I start making coffee and while the water is boiling I sit down to check GD. Next thing I know he drops this damn thing...headless...on the living room floor. How does a cat catch a bird like this? Little bugger must have tricked it somehow

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:02:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Tiny tigers
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:02:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Damnit OP, should have just left the squirrel pic and labeled it as a crow. Thought I was looking at a wrongful identification thread at first
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:03:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Hell of a cat.

Is it neutered?   Cat like that should have the honor of getting some strange on the side and passing on its genes.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:04:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Bringing you presents means the cat loves you.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:04:06 AM EDT
[#5]
ambush hunter ambushes
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:04:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I bet that crow was harassing the cat and kitty timed the leap perfectly.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:04:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I had a cat that was a real hunter. Daily birds, mice, etc. It survived a few cold winters up here. Than it just disappeared at age 5 or 6. I think a coyote or mountain lion got it. Tis the circle of life.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:06:08 AM EDT
[#8]
my cat would sit on the chimney and catch birds of out the motherfuckin air!

she's 100% indoor now cuz i dont want her getting run over
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:08:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Likely this.

I had a cat with a similar disposition as yours.  He killed at least a few squirrels and saw him kill a blue jay that was pestering him.  Cat feigned like he wasn't paying attention and when the jay started to dive bomb him, he jumped up and owned the bird.  He generally only killed shit if it was bothering him or, in the case of the squirrels, if they were chirping at him.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:09:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
He's a proven killer...mice, rats, squirrels. He got this squirrel the other day while I was washing my car. Trotted by carrying it by the throat, then chomped on it til done. He seemed bummed when it wouldn't play with him.

http://i.imgur.com/NS6GMwKl.jpg

This morning I start making coffee and while the water is boiling I sit down to check GD. Next thing I know he drops this damn thing...headless...on the living room floor. How does a cat catch a bird like this? Little bugger must have tricked it somehow

http://i.imgur.com/IOCSCRnl.jpg
View Quote

Crow was stupid?  They don't usually fall for kitty tricks, but half of the crow population is below average.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:09:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:13:37 AM EDT
[#12]
camouflage

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:15:40 AM EDT
[#13]
More likely a grackle and not a crow.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:15:48 AM EDT
[#14]
All the cat brings me is lizards but the dog brings dead opossums.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:17:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Could be...I have no idea.

Hold on...join date, post count?!? You need to get out more!
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:18:42 AM EDT
[#16]
I ran down a crow in my minivan, I think it had West Nile virus
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:19:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Animals are funny that way.

My boxerdog has a lazy eye, and sometimes I'm not sure where he's looking. Yet somehow, he has leveraged his eyesight into some canine savant ability to catch birds out of the air. It's practically a hobby for him to snatch low-flying birds.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:21:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think so. The bird in the pic has a wing span 4 boards wide. Maybe 18 to 24 inches.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:22:08 AM EDT
[#19]
About 10 years ago my wife adopted a stray.  We used to let it come and go as it pleased until it got pregnant.  On day I saw it out in the front yard playing around. She was maybe two at the time.  A pigeon was flying around between the trees and swooping down at the cat.  The cat eventually jumped on the pigeons back when it swooped down and tore the hell out of it.  Blood and feathers everywhere.  It was pretty impressive.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:22:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Likely this.

I had a cat with a similar disposition as yours.  He killed at least a few squirrels and saw him kill a blue jay that was pestering him.  Cat feigned like he wasn't paying attention and when the jay started to dive bomb him, he jumped up and owned the bird.  He generally only killed shit if it was bothering him or, in the case of the squirrels, if they were chirping at him.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Likely this.

Or in a fair fight, or he thought it was going to start a fair fight, or if there is a girl kitty, or if he's being paid. Mostly if he's being paid.

These bluejays, they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Dive bombing people... where's that get fun?

A cat named Jayne.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:27:41 AM EDT
[#21]
My 10 year old brittany has caught numerous birds, mostly robbin. Most impressive was the midair snag of a barn swallow.  He near did a backflip. My younger brittany has yet to catch a bird, only chipmunks.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:28:02 AM EDT
[#22]
My parents cat caught a falcon a few years back. My dad heard a  commotion out in the woods behind their house and ran out there thinking the cat was in trouble. He managed to save it before she killed it. Cats are awesome predators!
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:29:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Cat thinks you are a shitty hunter.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:31:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Mine brings me live lizards, and cicadas
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:34:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Sonofabitch.  I have been trying to bag a crow without a firearm for 30+ years. I try to hit them with my cars, trucks, patrol cars, everything. Never happens.

Your cat is a Fucking GOD.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:38:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I don't think so. The bird in the pic has a wing span 4 boards wide. Maybe 18 to 24 inches.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is about the size of a grackle. A crow is larger, closer to 3 feet. A raven is bigger yet.besides, that looks pretty black like a grackle. Crows and ravens tend to bea shiny black, almost a very dark purple hue to them, best way I can describe them

Crows and ravens are smart as well. Less likely to be caught. Grackles are fucking stupid.

Edit: upon a second referral on someone who has a bigger screen than a phone, he sees gray on the underside. I can't. Nor can k distinguish the tail feathers but I'll defer to him on juvenile crow
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:41:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Cats can fly.. this one uses its tail to propel it through the air!

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:42:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:42:48 AM EDT
[#29]
If you could add the hunting of a cat in a dog  it would be the perfect predator
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:43:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Mine just leaves me heads by the door.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:47:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/NS6GMwKl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IOCSCRnl.jpg
View Quote

Your living room floor is "rustic"...
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:55:25 AM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:55:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If you could add the hunting of a cat in a dog  it would be the perfect predator
View Quote

Drat drathor. (sp?)

Those Fuckers are merciless. I've had the pleasure of seeing some work. It's impressive. And I almost want one.

I'll probably stick with pointing labs though. My lab just doesn't give a shit about any animal he sees or smells while hunting. He's just there to find birds. And I like that.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:00:17 AM EDT
[#34]
You sure the cat got it first?

I used to think my cat was a Tier One killing machine.

One day I watched a hawk swoop in, kill a dove, remove it's head and fly away.

Guess who casually strolled over there, scooped it up and moved it to our doorstep.

Fucking slacker.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:03:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that's not a grackle.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:04:38 AM EDT
[#36]

Good kitty.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:07:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just get a cat the size of your dog.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:11:50 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdAhvXTJWpA
View Quote

Define "pushing your luck."

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:14:25 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:14:33 AM EDT
[#40]
You have a hunter killer alpha cat on your hands.  I think that's awesome.  

Millions of years of evolution and instinct.  

I read but don't know if it's true that cats pound for pound are the best killing machines on the planet.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:18:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Mine just catches moths and flies mid air then eats them

You have a natural born killer,sleep with one eye open
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:19:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Your cat has west nile and so do you.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:19:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdAhvXTJWpA
View Quote

Good kill.

Hate mocking birds and blue jays with a passion.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:27:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Likely this.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Likely this.

This cat somehow makes me think of mike tyson.

"he wasth making fun of me"

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:30:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-K_XcPaoBYwk/TylnCBFaNgI/AAAAAAAAAZg/oDnPsVTNeMM/s1600/25s5t82.gif

http://i.imgur.com/sFrHpWA.gif

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Likely this.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-K_XcPaoBYwk/TylnCBFaNgI/AAAAAAAAAZg/oDnPsVTNeMM/s1600/25s5t82.gif

Goddamn, he could fuckin hit.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:47:48 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Damnit OP, should have just left the squirrel pic and labeled it as a crow. Thought I was looking at a wrongful identification thread at first
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:11:46 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Likely this.

Bottom .gif looks like blood spray from a gunshot.  Tyson was the original beastmode.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:29:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Likely this.

He made a living with that right uppercut.

Check out Ernie Shavers vids if you want to see a dude who could really lay the hurt on a dude.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:20:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Likely this.

Tyson was a fucking monster in his prime
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:28:52 AM EDT
[#50]
We have a black male cat that looks a lot like yours, adopted him as a stray.

When he knows there's something in the brush, he'll sit at the edge of a clearing or what have you for practically hours, completely motionless. Does the same thing with the bird feeder.  Then the moment comes and bam, he explodes forward and he's on it.

One morning I woke up and was making coffee, saw what looked like a Reeses' wrapper on the kitchen floor, and went to pick it up. I always have Reeses in the house so it made sense. Nope, it was an almost-dead bat that he caught and brought into the house. It moved a little when I touched it, but had been mauled.

I've watched him jump a rabbit den full of young rabbits, pull out and kill all of them one by one, eat two and start on the third before deciding he was full.

The worst part is, he tends to puke up the undigested bones and fat in a huge wad of steaming gunk about a day later, so if I find him eating something dead, he sleeps in the garage for a couple days.

He goes on walks too and will follow for the whole mile or so of our gravel road. Used to walk on the sidewalk alongside when we lived in the suburbs, too.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top