Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:34:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Well someone created rules for conjugating verbs.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:35:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How could one truly deeply respect something that would have you killed if you didn't respect it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you did not reverence then you were killed.

How could one truly deeply respect something that would have you killed if you didn't respect it?

There is only One.
God is love but God is not mocked.
I have mocked Him at times through my own actions against Him too.
Yet I am still alive.
Right now..
The practice of worshipping idols is a serious offense in the kingdom of God.
It warrants death.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:50:44 AM EDT
[#3]
If you don't believe in God, answer me this:

Why do atheists constantly seek validation of their decision to not believe in God from those that do?

Seems to me if you're so damn sure of it...you wouldn't need to be told so.  Why are atheists so insecure?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:56:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Why do atheists constantly seek validation of their decision to not believe in God from those that do?

Seems to me if you're so damn sure of it...you wouldn't need to be told so.  Why are atheists so insecure?
View Quote

Some people just like conflict?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:24:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Well someone created rules for conjugating verbs.
View Quote
Grammar nazis, the hall monitors of the internet

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:25:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
There is only One.

Yet I am still alive.

Right now..

It warrants death.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is only One.

Yet I am still alive.

Right now..

It warrants death.

We all die

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:27:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I think thats him LOL

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So is it's gods will this thread is retarded?

Your avatar speaks volumes bro..

I think thats him LOL

Of course it's me. You didn't know? Do you even AFT bro?

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:31:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Authoritarianism. The worst oriental import into the once fiercely proud and free European heartland. If you want to understand true submission and fatalism, just look at how how the afro-semitics, the arabs, the orientals, prostrate themselves like paupers of the soul before their divine kings and gods. They respond to brute, absolute, unthinking, uncaring, decayed force. Forever the slaves serving the moribund kings. Pitiful and weak and dead.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:33:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

And the same thing can be easily said about believers,  

If your faith is so strong and you are so sure of your fate, then why do believers get so butthurt and defensive when challenged? See, stop being a hypocrite!  

And to take it a step even further, if your ________(insert any religion) is so sure of its interpretation,  and ALL Christians revere and worship the same spiritual being, then why is there so much and so many different angles, why isn't Christianity more united instead of divisive?

The problem is this, and this applies to believers & non-believers. NOBODY,  NO theory, NO interpretation,  NO religion, NO science, proves unequivocally EVERYTHING!  If your faith,  whatever that is, helps you get through this life and works for you, that's great, but EVERYONE needs to realize that there's a possibility, that what you believe or don't believe could end up being completely false.

I have been asked this, and I can absolutely with certainty answer it. I've been an atheist for 30+yrs, I've had to deal with the worst that life throws at people, and this is what works for me. I'm fully prepared when it's my time to die, "if" I find out that I made a mistake, I can accept "if" I find out that God exist, or is real, and I'm fully comfortable dealing with whatever comes with that. Those are very big "ifs", I'm comfortable admiting I was wrong.

Can you as a believer deal with the same? What if you live you life and at the very end find out that things are very different than you've learned or been taught?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:08:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Can you have light with out darkness?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does Light create Darkness?
Can you have light with out darkness?

Of course. Darkness is just the absence of light. It is darkness that depends on the light to "exist," not the other way around. Just as that is the case and cold is the absence of heat and not a thing unto itself, so it is with evil. Evil is the absence of the good. It depends on the good for its "existence."
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:14:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

We measure time and scale on our terms.  So, if God did create those galaxies (every point of light is a galaxy, not a star) that we can see due to the advancement of technology in the last 20yrs--how do we reconcile the time gap of those galaxies that are BILLIONS of light years away and His intervention in human history just in the last 2-5 thousand years?
View Quote
If God made those galaxies, don't you think he could have started with the light from this end and worked it's way back to a newly created something?  People think too small. God doesn't have to follow the laws of science even though he created all of them.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:36:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We all die

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is only One.
Yet I am still alive.
Right now..
It warrants death.

We all die

Yet the dead in Christ will rise according to the Scriptures as I understand them and as they read to me.
If God has called on us to rise on the last day, then we are spiritually alive forever even now.
The power of God to raise the dead already resides within the born-again Christian person.
His name is the Holy Spirit of God.
So then, if we are, "in Him," as the Bible states, then God likewise is obligated by His word to live in us also.
He has fulfilled His promise in us.
There is nothing else to consider.
It is finished.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:38:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Authoritarianism. The worst oriental import into the once fiercely proud and free European heartland. If you want to understand true submission and fatalism, just look at how how the afro-semitics, the arabs, the orientals, prostrate themselves like paupers of the soul before their divine kings and gods. They respond to brute, absolute, unthinking, uncaring, decayed force. Forever the slaves serving the moribund kings. Pitiful and weak and dead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you for this post Oiparhon.
Sounds about right to me too.
People can stay in denial if they want to.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:33:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If God made those galaxies, don't you think he could have started with the light from this end and worked it's way back to a newly created something?  People think too small. God doesn't have to follow the laws of science even though he created all of them.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We measure time and scale on our terms.  So, if God did create those galaxies (every point of light is a galaxy, not a star) that we can see due to the advancement of technology in the last 20yrs--how do we reconcile the time gap of those galaxies that are BILLIONS of light years away and His intervention in human history just in the last 2-5 thousand years?

That's some serious rationalization quickly making its way to "Prove God didn't do it that way," which is pointless.

If God did things the way you mentioned, why the deception?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:45:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:12:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If Atheists are correct, then it doesn't matter what others believe.

If Christians are correct, then Atheists are headed to an eternal Hell.  That is very important.

Believe it or not, but I do not want to see anyone go to Hell.  Especially my Atheist friends on Arfcom.  God had generously given us His Perfect Word that tells us everything we need to know to have eternal life.  Why wouldn't I want to share that knowledge?

It is not hate that leads to the sharing of the Gospel, it is love.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If your faith is so strong and you are so sure of your fate, then why do believers get so butthurt and defensive when challenged? See, stop being a hypocrite!  

If Christians are correct, then Atheists are headed to an eternal Hell.  That is very important.

Believe it or not, but I do not want to see anyone go to Hell.  Especially my Atheist friends on Arfcom.  God had generously given us His Perfect Word that tells us everything we need to know to have eternal life.  Why wouldn't I want to share that knowledge?

By this logic, which I agree with, trying to convince people that God is unworthy of our worship by saying he doesn't exist is Hatred.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:13:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Lol

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:15:51 AM EDT
[#18]
"For God so loved the world in this way: He gave His One and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world that He might condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.
Anyone who believes in Him is not condemned, but anyone who does not believe is already condemned (Or will stay condemned without Christ), because he has not believed in the name (Or Name) of the One and only Son of God.''

The Word and Testimony of Jesus Christ the Son of God
Saint John's Gospel; 3: 16-18 (DCE)
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:17:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:48:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yes, but oftentimes, they do not see it.  They say that God doesn't exist, and therefore they can freely say any blasphemous thing about this non-existent God that they please.  They think it means nothing.

But we Christians know that their blasphemy is a sin and will bring horrible results upon them.  That's why I want them to stop, not because I am "butt hurt" or angry. I just want them to see the Truth before it is too late.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

By this logic, which I agree with, trying to convince people that God is unworthy of our worship by saying he doesn't exist in Hatred.

Yes, but oftentimes, they do not see it.  They say that God doesn't exist, and therefore they can freely say any blasphemous thing about this non-existent God that they please.  They think it means nothing.

But we Christians know that their blasphemy is a sin and will bring horrible results upon them.  That's why I want them to stop, not because I am "butt hurt" or angry. I just want them to see the Truth before it is too late.

Exactly.

Now, as it pertains to this thread, I have come to the conclusion that Sin & Evil are entwined in a sort of internal/ external manifestation.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:01:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:15:22 PM EDT
[#22]
God didn't create evil as much as He didn't create the watch or pants you're wearing.  He allowed it for a greater redemptive and glorifying purpose.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:37:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
God didn't create evil as much as He didn't create the watch or pants you're wearing.  He allowed it for a greater redemptive and glorifying purpose.
View Quote

I would agree with that sentiment.

Evil obviously leads to suffering, or the continuance of suffering, but suffering is not something that God says we need to necessarily not experience. So long as their is evil in the world there will be suffering.

I look at it in a way that do you not enjoy the sunshine more after a long period of dark & stormy weather?

Does God ultimately want us to suffer? No, I don't believe so, but it is a part of our reality, a portion of the human element in a worldly context. If Christ was meant to suffer, am I better than he who gave his all for my sake? Or should I emulate his sacrifice in the caring for others?

Or do I deny his sacrifice & suffering by not following his commands to have love for others?

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:54:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:05:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Yes.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Well, IMO, there are no god(s).

It's that simple. All related discussion is "unicorn land" stuff.

Few things to me reflect 100% man made creation like organized religion. Couldn't be much more transparent in that respect.

If you like it/need it/believe it....by all means, dig in and enjoy it.

As for me, if there were a deity or deities, I'd expect FAR better messaging and results then what we see. Oh, and a shred of evidence would go a long way as well.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:31:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Evil is not a creation, not a thing.  Its a LACK of goodness.  Just like darkness is not a thing, its a LACK of light
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:34:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

God spoke the universe into existence.  It included all things, including the ability for evil to be done.

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you believe in God answer this:
Did God made everything?

Well if God created everything , did he create evil?

God spoke the universe into existence.  It included all things, including the ability for evil to be done.

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

I see from an earlier post that you say "freewill isn't in the bible".

So, if God created people knowing exactly what they'll do (accept or reject him, do evil, etc.), then he created people knowing they'll do evil, reject him and go to hell for eternity.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:42:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
then he created people knowing they'll do evil, reject him and go to hell for eternity.
View Quote

Like a kid with an ant farm burning them with a magnifying glass imo.

It's all gods plan?

Not sure I even want to understand that plan.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Well, IMO, there are no god(s).

It's that simple. All related discussion is "unicorn land" stuff.

Few things to me reflect 100% man made creation like organized religion. Couldn't be much more transparent in that respect.

If you like it/need it/believe it....by all means, dig in and enjoy it.

As for me, if there were a deity or deities, I'd expect FAR better messaging and results then what we see. Oh, and a shred of evidence would go a long way as well.

View Quote

In this thought you may be correct.

But in the others, the evidence is all around you. You seem to choose not to see it for what it is.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:47:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If you believe in God answer this:
Did God made everything?

As I was told in church and Sunday school while growing up, God made everything.
Yes or No

Now edited to reflect the real question I wanted to get answered:

Well if God created everything , did he create evil?

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:49:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Of course He did. Even things made by men are made by His will. If God is omnipotent, this is a pretty simple concept.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:49:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It's all gods plan?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b8/Kevin-Carter-Child-Vulture-Sudan.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
then he created people knowing they'll do evil, reject him and go to hell for eternity.

It's all gods plan?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b8/Kevin-Carter-Child-Vulture-Sudan.jpg

This should help answer your question.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:55:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It's all gods plan?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's all gods plan?

I have seen you post this before...

While I hate seeing suffering, & don't want others to have to endure it, it is, as Christ said, not Gods' will that this be, but it is by the hardness of mens' hearts that suffering exists.

Read the encounter of Christ when his disciples asked him:
"Who sinned for this man to be born this way?" Christ responded, "You are asking the wrong question. Ask not what sin has been done but what can God do to help him," Christ then proceeded to heal the man that was crippled & deformed.

You place the blame on the wrong entity. It is because of mans choice that the people's of Africa are destitute to the extent they are. One party, Europeans that sought to conquer Africa & the individuals tribes greed & hatred for one another that enabled this to happen. All leading up to the slave trade that we still find ourselves in the aftermath of its evil-doing.

By your rationale you do not want man to have free-will, but yet when the governments of the world try to take it away you would probably be up in arms about it. If not, you then participate in their evil-doing.

The line is drawn in the sand. It is a line that can not be straddled. You either have the heart of Kane, or the heart of Abel.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:01:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Then why did He say this?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then why did He say this?

He created Satan. That much is clear.

The attitude is clear, is it not: "I would rather rule in Hell than to be a servant in Heaven."

I see this very attitude among the non-believers that boast God does not exist. It is so obvious that they hold the deception that their thinking is not one in the same as this by saying, "I wouldn't want to serve a God like this/ that." So they admit their minds have been corrupted from truth.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:04:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Evil is not a creation, not a thing.  Its a LACK of goodness.  Just like darkness is not a thing, its a LACK of light
View Quote

How nonsensical. War doesn't exist, it's just the lack of peace. It also contradicts the bible (see Old_Painless cite). Isaiah 45:7 - "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these."

The heat/cold analogy fails as well. Hot and cold are subjective/relative terms. The North Pole doesn't seem much cold for a penguin, while it would be for a tiger. Those two animals would have very different definitions of what is hot vs what is cold.

Now, temperature is a real thing that can be measured (measuring movement). Higher ones being regarded as warm to humans and lower as cold. But again, what is cold to a human, likely isn't to a penguin (not talking about Aimless). Does this mean that morality is subjective? Of course not. It's a nice story to tell oneself, but a bad analogy.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:09:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

While I hate seeing suffering, & don't want others to have to endure it, it is, as Christ said, not Gods' will that this be, but it is by the hardness of mens' hearts that suffering exists.

"Who sinned for this man to be born this way?" Christ responded, "You are asking the wrong question. Ask not what sin has been done but what can God do to help him," Christ then proceeded to heal the man that was crippled & deformed.

You place the blame on the wrong entity. It is because of mans choice that the people's of Africa are destitute to the extent they are. One party, Europeans that sought to conquer Africa & the individuals tribes greed & hatred for one another that enabled this to happen. All leading up to the slave trade that we still find ourselves in the aftermath of its evil-doing.

By your rationale you do not want man to have free-will, but yet when the governments of the world try to take it away you would probably be up in arms about it. If not, you then participate in their evil-doing.

The line is drawn in the sand. It is a line that can not be straddled. You either have the heart of Kane, or the heart of Abel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's all gods plan?

If atheist watch the video posted above they'll get their answer on God and suffering.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:09:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It's all gods plan?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's all gods plan?

Is it Gods plan that we ignore the suffering....like the photographer did when he took that pic?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:18:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Is it Gods plan that we ignore the suffering....like the photographer did when he took that pic?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's all gods plan?

Looks like that's what happened, so therefore it God's (all-knowing, all powerful) plan. God created that child (and the photographer) knowing 100% that they'll ignore his suffering. That suffering is also just a blink of the eye compared to the suffering the child will experience in hell if he didn't trust in Jesus.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:21:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I have no interest in the bible other than for comparative/structural studies of myth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If g-d created everything, the s/he-it created evil.

Is "evil" contained within the set of "everything?"

Yes?

Okay then. The statement is sound.

You know a basic course in critical thinking/logic would really help you answer such questions.

Hey what do you think of the Cartesian ontological argument for g-d?

G-d didn't create anything.  

God, on the other hand, created the universe, but He did not create evil.  Evil does not exist in and of itself.  You can't create nothingness.

I was addressing the logic of the statement. I don't care what your absolutist theological blah blah is. But I will agree that evil does not exist.

I take it that you or this other guy do not read the Bible or know much about what it states then?

I have no interest in the bible other than for comparative/structural studies of myth.

You "addressed the logic of the statement" yet then failed in the face of it.  Then you say you have not interest in the Bible but betray otherwise by your conscious effort to un-gender and un-name Him.  This is the sign of a troll who should really look within them self to seek the source of the hostility towards God.  Believers can see through you and pity that you cannot see yourself.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:26:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

LOL, was pretty much told that at sunday school at around age 10 when I had questions about things I read in the bible, that the teacher couldn't/wouldn't answer - just believe, don't question. Being the science/engineer type, that was not an acceptable way of thinking for me, I need to know why/how things work they way they do, not just go on blind faith. That pretty much told me this religion thing was bullshit even at that age and started my long path to atheism. Not afraid of hell, since it's just a figment of your imagination, it does not exist for me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Non- believers think to much about all the "what's and hows" .. just accept and believe, otherwise you'll think yourself into hell.

LOL, was pretty much told that at sunday school at around age 10 when I had questions about things I read in the bible, that the teacher couldn't/wouldn't answer - just believe, don't question. Being the science/engineer type, that was not an acceptable way of thinking for me, I need to know why/how things work they way they do, not just go on blind faith. That pretty much told me this religion thing was bullshit even at that age and started my long path to atheism. Not afraid of hell, since it's just a figment of your imagination, it does not exist for me.

Then it is true that you can either tell us why quantum physics works or that you do not believe in quantum mechanics?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:28:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I didn't complain, I suggested that would be a better place for it. I was sarcastic with an earlier post, but that still wasn't a 'complaint'.

As for the rest, I was not just referring to this instance, but an observed, long-term pattern.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I rarely look at it, because I'm not a religious person. I suggest it because I browse GD enough to see the sort of shit-storms that come from religious discussions. Some remain civil, but they are exceptions.

From what I recall, the discussions in the religion subforum are generally more civil and tend to stay on-topic more often.

out of curiosity...who twisted you arm to click on this thread?

Upon my initial reading of this post, my reflex was to say 'don't be a dick', but  then I saw who wrote it and realized that would be kinda like asking water not to be wet.

I read threads. Sometimes I comment. My suggestion was not unreasonable or delivered rudely.

uh-huh...you came into the thread...and complained that it wasn't in the religious sub-forum.....and I'm being the dick?

I didn't complain, I suggested that would be a better place for it. I was sarcastic with an earlier post, but that still wasn't a 'complaint'.

As for the rest, I was not just referring to this instance, but an observed, long-term pattern.

Jammer hates to be confronted by God as it makes him feel ashamed and ruins his secular enjoyment of all that GD is.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:30:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Interesting view considering that your screen name is what it is..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Non- believers think to much about all the "what's and hows" .. just accept and believe, otherwise you'll think yourself into hell.

Interesting view considering that your screen name is what it is..

SAE has spoken and the truth was revealed.  (it's fun for me to speak like a bible)
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:36:30 PM EDT
[#44]
God (the judge) created good and evil as a challenge to mankind (the thinker) rewarding deeds accordingly in the afterlife eternally so man cannot blame but self.
Prayer and good deeds to and for him expunge the bad ones.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:17:37 PM EDT
[#45]
So, which denomination is the right one?  I mean, based on what everyone is quoting of what third parties claim has been said, there's many different versions of God that are believed in.  What sect of Christianity is right?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:22:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So, which denomination is the right one?  I mean, based on what everyone is quoting of what third parties claim has been said, there's many different versions of God that are believed in.  What sect of Christianity is right?
View Quote

It's not about "sects" or denominations...but you knew that.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:24:55 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure it is, if there's only one christian god, there's no reason for multiple denominations. If there's no unified Christianity, then either there are multiple christian gods, or there is a failure by man in which the entire system is corrupted through people utilizing religion for their own earthly gains.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:38:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Sure it is, if there's only one christian god, there's no reason for multiple denominations. If there's no unified Christianity, then either there are multiple christian gods, or there is a failure by man in which the entire system is corrupted through people utilizing religion for their own earthly gains.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You fail in your rationale because there are supposed to be no sects. Sect-hood is a sin unto itself also.

I am non-denominational. I am Christs. He is my Master & I his slave.

I am cool with that.

He tells me his Yoke is light & he reaps what he sows. I have no choice, if I Hope in the promise of eternal life, that manifested in him, then that is what I need to accept. I call no one Master but him. It is the non-believers that do not accept his rule, but yet insist on the rule of man.

Man being corruptable & doers of evil, has no power over me, even in death. For once they have killed me, what more can they do?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:41:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:42:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

And to take it a step even further, if your ________(insert any religion) is so sure of its interpretation,  and ALL Christians revere and worship the same spiritual being, then why is there so much and so many different angles, why isn't Christianity more united instead of divisive?

The problem is this, and this applies to believers & non-believers. NOBODY,  NO theory, NO interpretation,  NO religion, NO science, proves unequivocally EVERYTHING!  If your faith,  whatever that is, helps you get through this life and works for you, that's great, but EVERYONE needs to realize that there's a possibility, that what you believe or don't believe could end up being completely false.

I have been asked this, and I can absolutely with certainty answer it. I've been an atheist for 30+yrs, I've had to deal with the worst that life throws at people, and this is what works for me. I'm fully prepared when it's my time to die, "if" I find out that I made a mistake, I can accept "if" I find out that God exist, or is real, and I'm fully comfortable dealing with whatever comes with that. Those are very big "ifs", I'm comfortable admiting I was wrong.

Can you as a believer deal with the same? What if you live you life and at the very end find out that things are very different than you've learned or been taught?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't disagree with you that someday every Christian will find out that something we believe is wrong. I don't think we will have it 100% right. God probably has a sense of humor and laughs at us often.

What matters is that we keep the main thing the main thing.

That Christ is love and he is the way to the Father and all of us must believe in the Son to enter the gates of heaven to enter into His presence.

If you have been an atheist for more than 30 years I will not likely be the one to change your lack of belief in God. But I will at least say this to you.

If you are wrong I do not think you will be fully prepared for eternity and what it will bring as you think.

My response to you is not meant to be confrontational or judgmental . Just a true concern for your eternal soul and for all who reject God, His Son and The Holy Spirit.

I ask you to seek God and His love rather than reject him not just because of eternal consequences.

Peace, out !!

Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top