BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 42
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:24:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ohio and Nebraska guys, get your shit together.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There be Cola Warriors all over the place!

5 events next year, can we pull off 7 in 2017?

Ohio may have a chance. Everyone in Nebraska is entirely too liability minded. I've tried.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:28:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Ohio may have a chance. Everyone in Nebraska is entirely too liability minded. I've tried.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stutz owns land... just sayin.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:47:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stutz is a busy man.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 3:27:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ohio may have a chance.
View Quote

Cola Warrior Great Lakes. I like it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:52:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ohio may have a chance.

Subnet has expressed a lot of interest in setting one up in the winter which I think is a fantastic idea...you'd just need to have a large "indoor" space for people to hang out. Doesn't have to be in the winter though.

CWE3 fund at $987.87

My numerical OCD is causing me to wash my hands every time I post an update now.

That's all right though. Send us all the monies!
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:58:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Little bit more coming to the fund via paypal...
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:09:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Cola Warrior Ohio needs to have a flaming river obstacle.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:11:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol....completely doable depending on location.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:15:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 3:09:06 PM EDT
[#10]
So can I get hands raised on who's bringing kids and how many? Snakeskin needs a rough guestimate for the children's course sponsors he's handling.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:42:21 PM EDT
[#11]
So wish I was able to go
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:25:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Aim sent some Nitride 9310 M16 bolt carriers, boy these feel slick with the coating on them.
A few Zev Technologies CCW Glock mag realeses and stickers.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:48:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Children (Under 10) count still needed. I know Snakeskin is bringing both his boys.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:05:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Children (Under 10) count still needed. I know Snakeskin is bringing both his boys.
View Quote

I'm bringing my son.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Im still waiting on the flaming water Matt Damon and his Russian/UAE handlers promised me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im still waiting on the flaming water Matt Damon and his Russian/UAE handlers promised me.

Dude, I even showed you a bottle of the fuel of flaming rivers.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:35:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Aim sent some Nitride 9310 M16 bolt carriers, boy these feel slick with the coating on them.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s143/crowdlg/Aim_zpsg4rst9dk.jpg
View Quote

Awesome
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:25:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s143/crowdlg/Aim_zpsg4rst9dk.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:09:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm bringing my son.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm bringing my son.  

He's under ten right? I think I know that since I've met him but I'm terrible with kids ages.

That makes 3 we know of. Anyone else?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:14:15 AM EDT
[#19]
CWE3 Fund at $1037.87. We're on schedule to make our budget people! Keep on keeping on!

I'm feeling like Kai in a CW thread:

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:20:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
CWE3 Fund at $1037.87. We're on schedule to make our budget people! Keep on keeping on!

I'm feeling like Kai in a CW thread:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q17/surveyor3/Christoph-Waltz-Dancing-in-Chair-Inglourious-Basterds_zpsjgeun5ey.gif

View Quote

More like:

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:06:19 PM EDT
[#21]
I forked out some money for a new camp stove.  It's more portable than the 2 single burners I brought last year.

The upside to this is I can do breakfast again.  However, if anyone was counting on using the steamer burner, you'll have to make other arrangements...which could include stopping by my house on the way down and picking it up.

Same as last year?
Grits with bacon
Soft/Medium boiled eggs
Black coffee

As an alternative, I could fire up the generator in the mornings and bring a toaster and a skillet, and we could do breakfast sammiches instead of grits.  I did grits last year mostly because I could cook for a whole bunch of people at once, but honestly people trickle over sporadically, so cooking to order isn't unreasonable....I'd just probably need some help.

Same lights and generator as last year...if you need more lighting, I don't think we hardly budged the needle on the generator, but I'm not bringing any more lights than what I did.

Finally, no big-ass tent this year, so you might need a tarp for the prizes, depending on the weather.  I still have the tent, but not planning on bringing it at this point.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 4:33:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

He's under ten right? I think I know that since I've met him but I'm terrible with kids ages.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm bringing my son.  

Yeah he's only 5.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 6:35:32 PM EDT
[#23]
If anyone backs out, and the list gets through the backups, I'd like to have a opportunity at competing!

I could even come early to help set up and run during one of the week days.

Nearly 4 years ago I could barely walk, talk or see, due to Lyme Disease. This year the doc took me off all antibiotics, and I feel better at 50 than I've felt in DECADES!  So I could use a good kick in the nuts, to put me in my place, and to remind me that no matter how good or bad you feel it could always be worse!  

When CW first started I was in a pretty bad state due to the disease. I read the threads and thought "Someday..."
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:38:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If anyone backs out, and the list gets through the backups, I'd like to have a opportunity at competing!

Nearly 4 years ago I could barely walk, talk or see, due to Lyme Disease. This year the doc took me off all antibiotics, and I feel better at 50 than I've felt in DECADES!  So I could use a good kick in the nuts, to put me in my place, and to remind me that no matter how good or bad you feel it could always be worse!  

When CW first started I was in a pretty bad state due to the disease. I read the threads and thought "Someday..."
View Quote

Sounds like you're a local...if so, definitely show up regardless if you make the list.  We have a great time, all weekend long.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:54:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Sounds like you're a local...if so, definitely show up regardless if you make the list.  We have a great time, all weekend long.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

6 hours local!    (Central Pa)

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:23:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, at the very least you'd have a helluva fun camping weekend.  At the very worst, you'd be on track to record the greatest run in Cola Warrior history, only to die on the final chug chaser, then you'd get to Peephalla and everyone would be like "Meh, not a Cola Warrior, didn't finish."

You know, you can't really fall between both the least and the worst, it's sorta apples and oranges, but I'm pretty sure you'd have a good time.  Unless you died.

Need more beer.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:43:15 PM EDT
[#27]
If you die on your run, it's a 30min penalty and you are banned from all future cola warriors.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:44:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:47:44 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Correct.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If you die on your run, it's a 30min penalty and you are banned from all future cola warriors.

Correct.
That's harsh....

But fair!
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:08:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Wife gave me the go ahead,  I wont be able to run but I will be happy to volunteer my time to help cook or whatever..  I can bring folding tables a 10x10 easy up and a webber kettle grill plus two coolers full of Ice, if any of that helps.  I will also have some truck space if anyone needs help transporting things,  I will be coming from Portsmouth area.  I have a pretty big screened in vestibule also if it looks like it will be wet weather.  I look forward to putting some faces with screen names.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:38:29 AM EDT
[#31]
How in the world does it fill up so quickly?

I want in on this already!

I mean can't we just come shoot and not get any prizes
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:18:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

It isn't (necessarily) the prizes that limit the number of runners, it's the time.  Surveyor & Co. will be running people from dawn till dusk every day just to make sure the people signed up all run.

Seems like every year they get better at it and there's more time at the end for standby folk to get veteran status, and they keep increasing the capacity, but it won't get much bigger than it is due to the time factor unless they overlap runs (not gonna happen on this short a course).
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:48:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It isn't (necessarily) the prizes that limit the number of runners, it's the time.  Surveyor & Co. will be running people from dawn till dusk every day just to make sure the people signed up all run.

Seems like every year they get better at it and there's more time at the end for standby folk to get veteran status, and they keep increasing the capacity, but it won't get much bigger than it is due to the time factor unless they overlap runs (not gonna happen on this short a course).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes people need to learn to run faster.

Rusted came up with a fix this year to help speed things up. Have a lot of people fail everything so they wouldn't be tired for the run.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:10:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. On a fast runner and shooter the actual time to run a person is 15-20min
If he runs slow and shoots bad, the actual time can be 25-35min. If we do 80 people at a rate of 3-4 per hour it takes us from dawn past dusk ( with nv guys) 3 days to run it.
Also the staff needs to eat and take breaks and such while everyone else is hanging out having fun at camp.
I would love to give a spot to every person who says how much they would love to do it. I love to run them and see the joy, pain, defeat, and triumph.
This is how we expand past the vets we have and continue to grow. It is just not possible, I'm sorry for that. If you are there and I can find spare time, I will do my very best to get people through, but I can't promise anything.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:47:22 AM EDT
[#35]
One last time...anyone else bringing kids this year? Ytka and Naamah? Anyone?

For you guys coming just for a chance to run, if you stay at the ready, you may get to.

I hope contestants, especially new folk take advantage of the fact that we'll be running people Thursday. I'll be there from Wednesday to Sunday. I don't camp down there for 4 nights and 5 days for my health.

I'm used to being ready to go back to work after the event to get some rest.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 3:55:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Me and my +1 will be there by Thursday at lunch whether we make the roster or not. Willing and wanting to run at the first opp. Depending on what vehicle we take we may have extra room for folks or gear if anyone's on our way.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:03:43 PM EDT
[#37]
I plan on getting there Friday morningish and leaving on Sunday.

Hopefully a slot opens up.

ETA: I'll get a donation sent in, soon.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:05:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm bringing my son.  

We'll be bringing our son. He's 5.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:25:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm bringing my son.  

CWE OG Junior Title Champion!
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:23:31 PM EDT
[#40]
How long does it take to get to the site from Richmond INTL?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:32:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Google maps indicates around 2 hours.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:43:12 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Can confirm. About 2 hours.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:45:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I live a couple miles South of RIC in Varina. 2 hours is good to go if it isn't rush hour.

If it is, crossing the city and 360 West can add as much as an hour to that. That's worst case though. I think.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:56:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fly into Lynchburg. It's 30 minutes.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:46:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Unfortunately, I am going to have to drop off the standby list.

It looks like I am going to be out of the country during that time. Good luck to all who run.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:53:02 PM EDT
[#46]
I'll be there mid day Friday, and rolling out Saturday evening.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:00:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got family in Richmond that I'm visiting or I would.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:44:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You could probably do it in 1.5 hrs, but if I had guess it would be closer to 2 since you're unfamiliar with the area.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You could probably do it in 1.5 hrs, but if I had guess it would be closer to 2 since you're unfamiliar with the area.

An up to date GPS will take you essentially the same route I take no matter what (unless there is an actual road closure.) If you want to save miles and time be prepared for a $3 toll on 895 if you are coming from RIC
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:46:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shaving time is all good but for god sakes do not drive faster than 80mph Even if the limit it 70.  Yes 11 over can be a mandatory appear, reckless driving ticket.
Page / 42
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top