User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:05:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Really, I don't care.
So many have the attitude that if someone dresses differently, or not to THEIR standards it becomes a personal affront.

So, for those offended, what would be the ideal dress code for this guy?
Suit?
Levis?
T Shirt?
Shorts and flip flops?

Let's hear it!
View Quote

Yes, Mr Blackwells... Tell us all what the attire should be for this auspicious occasion.
He's trying to defend the flag you douchebags, Whats the problem?
Was he not TACTICOOL enough for ya?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:07:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Really, I don't care.
So many have the attitude that if someone dresses differently, or not to THEIR standards it becomes a personal affront.

Suit?
Levis?
T Shirt?
Shorts and flip flops?

Let's hear it!
View Quote

Yes, Mr Blackwells... Tell us all what the attire should be for this auspicious occasion.
He's trying to defend the flag you douchebags, Whats the problem?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:07:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That is EXACTLY what he is doing.  EXACTLY.

The combat shirt is issued for wear under body armor in the field.  Its not even an authorized garrison item, much less for wear in civvies.  You can't tell in the pic, but if you go to the link you'll see a full-sized IR flag patch on that hat....  also a field use item.

Good on him for going to respectfully counter-protest (I guess) but dressing in some tactical costume just looks juvenile and douchey.  I don't expect civilians to understand why, it is way outside their frame of reference.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So he is there attempting to do something good.

And we want to bash him?

Got it.

Pick a side, GD. Then own it.

yea, im with you on this one (as long as the C doesnt stand for Costa)

Article says hes a vet...i think he wanted a visual to set him apart from the protestors/flag burners (mission achieved)

Ya'll act like hes out there in his BDUs and face paint or wearing a PC and Team Wendy Helmet...would you prefer he just wear a damn PT belt?

i really dont know how he couldve done it any classier/respectful while maintaining the power of his message

good counter protest.

The combat shirt is issued for wear under body armor in the field.  Its not even an authorized garrison item, much less for wear in civvies.  You can't tell in the pic, but if you go to the link you'll see a full-sized IR flag patch on that hat....  also a field use item.

Good on him for going to respectfully counter-protest (I guess) but dressing in some tactical costume just looks juvenile and douchey.  I don't expect civilians to understand why, it is way outside their frame of reference.

Yeah, but if he wasn't dressed like a tard, nobody would pay attention to him!
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:12:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I bet you'd be wrong about that assumption.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some of you have issues.
Who the fuck cares what someone else is wearing?
Just like a bunch of old hens bitching about the latest copy of Cosmopolitan.

Its suppsed to be "selfless service" not "look at me," and the guy isn't really supposed to wear an approximation of a US Army uniform while making political speech.  Dude supposedly has 13 years of service, ought to know better.

Oh c'mon, he's not making a political speech further than putting up an American flag. You know as well as I do nobody is going to get smoked for that even if they were still on active duty. He's not endorsing a party or campaign, he's just putting up a flag.

While he looks ridiculous...sure...

No CO with 2 brain cells is going to charge someone for putting up a flag. What would that charge sheet read like? "SNM was wearing inappropriate attire while putting up an American flag"?

Seriously, first off this reads like he's not on AD anymore. Second, most uniform items that are not authorized in garrison are also not "official" uniform items, and thus can be worn with civilian gear.

Regardless, even if he's on AD and violating a uniform reg, he's still not making a political speech. He may deserve a 6105 at worst.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:16:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I had to stare at that pic for several minutes before I spotted who you were talking about.  That guy is tactical as fuck, so camo, so blendy.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:16:31 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Bet if he was wearing 511s it would have intensified some triggering in a few here!
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:19:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Really, I don't care.

Suit?
Levis?
T Shirt?
Shorts and flip flops?

Let's hear it!
View Quote

Like I said earlier, this is outside your frame of reference.  You are culturally incapable of understanding why wearing bits and pieces of a military uniform, as if to represent the uniform, and draw attention to an individual, when ghat person should know better is pretty lame.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:22:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

No CO with 2 brain cells is going to charge someone for putting up a flag. What would that charge sheet read like? "SNM was wearing inappropriate attire while putting up an American flag"?

Seriously, first off this reads like he's not on AD anymore. Second, most uniform items that are not authorized in garrison are also not "official" uniform items, and thus can be worn with civilian gear.

Regardless, even if he's on AD and violating a uniform reg, he's still not making a political speech. He may deserve a 6105 at worst.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some of you have issues.

Its suppsed to be "selfless service" not "look at me," and the guy isn't really supposed to wear an approximation of a US Army uniform while making political speech.  Dude supposedly has 13 years of service, ought to know better.

Oh c'mon, he's not making a political speech further than putting up an American flag. You know as well as I do nobody is going to get smoked for that even if they were still on active duty. He's not endorsing a party or campaign, he's just putting up a flag.

While he looks ridiculous...sure...

He's displaying a flag at a flag burning protest.  That is definitely political speech.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:37:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Like I said earlier, this is outside your frame of reference.  You are culturally incapable of understanding why wearing bits and pieces of a military uniform, as if to represent the uniform, and draw attention to an individual, when ghat person should know better is pretty lame.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Really, I don't care.

Suit?
Levis?
T Shirt?
Shorts and flip flops?

Let's hear it!

There is really no representing of the uniform I see.
Sans patches, unit tags or rank emblems, it's just another piece of clothing (I saw no EGA emblems anywhere).
I guess I'm just a pouge/plebe/poser if I wear my M65 on a cold day to the store too?
I can live with it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:40:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

And we want to bash him?

Got it.

View Quote

No. We must tear down everything and everyone. Then we will bitch about how awful "society" has become. Or, better yet, how far America has fallen.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:49:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Sans patches, unit tags or rank emblems, it's just another piece of clothing (I saw no EGA emblems anywhere).
I guess I'm just a pouge/plebe/poser if I wear my M65 on a cold day to the store too?
I can live with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Really, I don't care.

Suit?
Levis?
T Shirt?
Shorts and flip flops?

Let's hear it!

I can live with it.

What do you think his thought process was?  Do you think his Afghanistan issue combat shirt with flag patch was his last clean shirt?  Do you think he matched it with a multicam hat with an IR flag just randomly?  He wanted to look like some stereotype of a "vet."

The guy's idea, to fly a flag and outlast the burners, was great.  He just chose to dress like a PFC to do it.

Once again, the fact that he is dressed like a boot is outside your frame of reference.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:21:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Guess so, FH.
By your standard anyone who wears a Colt, LaRue, or Magpull T Shirt that never worked for the company is also a poser.

I sorta think these little Avatars like the Tank or Badges are over rated and somewhat a dis service
Lots out there that could have them, but choose not to for whatever reason.
Should I send in a 214 just so you'll take me serious?

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:26:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Guess so, FH.
By your standard anyone who wears a Colt, LaRue, or Magpull T Shirt that never worked for the company is also a poser.

I sorta think these little Avatars like the Tank or Badges are over rated and somewhat a dis service

View Quote

I wouldn't mind a little tank but don't feel like sending that shit in. I even registered with a .mil address. Now if it were a little Hornet or aircraft carrier and not a tank, I might get more motivated.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:58:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I know, I will go to a flag burning and burn a flag in protest to them having the freedom to burn a flag.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:03:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I wouldn't mind a little tank but don't feel like sending that shit in. I even registered with a .mil address. Now if it were a little Hornet or aircraft carrier and not a tank, I might get more motivated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Guess so, FH.

It should be a boot, not a tank.  (I think it should be a boot instead of jump wings too.  Everyone knows you ruck heavy crap way more than jump in an airborne unit)
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:06:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I support this man
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:20:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

And we want to bash him?

Got it.

View Quote

Assholes gotta asshole. Plus, going through the trouble to make a thread about what someone is wearing..
Pathetic OP.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:21:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Some of you kids need to lay off the fucking caffeine and calm the fuck down.

Tons of folks wear one type of camo or another all the Goddamned time, big fucking whup.

That MAN is standing FOR something, and all y'all can do is talk shit about his clothes. Really, guys?

That's about as lame as shit and y'all ought to be fucking ashamed of yourselves for sounding like a bunch of teenaged GIRLS.

What a bunch of moronic dicks. Get the fuck out of my face.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:22:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

He's displaying a flag at a flag burning protest.  That is definitely political speech.
View Quote

That's ridiculous. There is not a CO in the military that would charge someone as such. Displaying a flag at a flag burning protest is not political speech, it's patriotism, something that is typically a favorable thing in the military.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:30:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Guess so, FH.

View Quote

What has your experience been with junior enlisted wearing RFI items CONUS for that cool "tactical" look?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:15:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Non mil. guy here. I have no clue what the fuck you people are bitching about. His shirt looks like some run of the mill Under Armor on sale all week at Cabelas and a fucking ball cap. I wish my life was so boring that my big bitch in life was a guy doing a stand up thing while wearing white after labor day. Oh the humanity!!!
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:45:25 AM EDT
[#22]
What I find ironic, is his choice of using a Right sleeve flag on his hat which puts the blue field on the wrong side, as he goes to a support the US flag at a Flag burning rally...
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:01:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I don't give a rip what he is wearing.   He stood up for the flag.

He is good in my book.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:11:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Lol "the blaze" how did I know?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:18:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Some of you have issues.
View Quote

The US Army has regs concerning that.

Oh, and we can comment on anything we want.

Any more questions?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:27:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Why on Earth would you think civilians could not understand your point?  "Outside their frame of reference"?

It's a very simple concept and you explained it (as have dozens of others, probably hundreds of times, over the years) simply and clearly.  It's no different than any other organizational or cultural rules and traditions that are broken.  The individual who did so is disdained for not showing the appropriate respect, standards, and decorum expected of them.

You're countering douchiness with douchiness brah.

Quoted:

hat is EXACTLY what he is doing.  EXACTLY.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:31:00 AM EDT
[#27]
What if he just wore a combat shirt so his nipples wouldn't chafe? Are civvies allowed to have unchafed nipples now or that a .mil only thing now? Military butthurt is best butthurt.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:32:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What if he just wore a combat shirt so his nipples wouldn't chafe? Are civvies allowed to have unchafed nipples now or that a .mil only thing now? Military butthurt is best butthurt.
View Quote

Your nipples shall bleed.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:39:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Jesus fuckin' Christ, you people will bitch about anything. I see why the liberals are being successful at taking over this country. We eat our own...

I respect what he did, and don't care what he was wearing while he did it. Some of y'all are wound way too fucking tight.

FUCK THE FLAG BURNERS
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:43:33 AM EDT
[#30]
OP sounds like a busy body HOA type, JMMO (just my military opinion)
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:02:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Meh. We are all poser per some.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:06:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And we want to bash him?

Got it.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:09:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Meh. We are all poser per some.
View Quote

I'm not.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:13:34 AM EDT
[#34]
whats the problem....

no rank, no patches...

honestly i don't get the hate for people wearing tactical gear in public.  Thats right up there with the disdain GD has shown in the past for airsoft.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:14:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Really, I don't care.

Suit?
Levis?
T Shirt?
Shorts and flip flops?

Let's hear it!
View Quote

Im not sure GD is down with flip-flops.  Something about naked toes in public I think....
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:27:56 AM EDT
[#36]
All I see is a guy in camo doing something that I support and appreciate... What he wears while doing it I could give two shits about and I doubt the majority of people out there do either.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:15:00 AM EDT
[#37]
I still wear my BDU pants on occasion for working around the house and weekends when I just want something comfortable  but this dude looks way douchey.

ETA: As OP stated non-mil people won't understand this. Had he worn a set a mil pants, a black T-shirt, and some random plain ball-cap he would have come off looking much better to his fellow MIL people. This is the kind of guy that probably has his vehicle Literally covered in stickers about his branch.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:23:59 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Some of you kids need to lay off the fucking caffeine and calm the fuck down.

Tons of folks wear one type of camo or another all the Goddamned time, big fucking whup.

That MAN is standing FOR something, and all y'all can do is talk shit about his clothes. Really, guys?

That's about as lame as shit and y'all ought to be fucking ashamed of yourselves for sounding like a bunch of teenaged GIRLS.

What a bunch of moronic dicks. Get the fuck out of my face.
View Quote
Think that about says it all.  Thanks gramps.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:43:32 AM EDT
[#39]
13 years of military service and you can't even wear your flag the right way on your hat... give me a break. If you're going to do it... do it right.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:00:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

He is good in my book.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:04:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

And we want to bash him?

Got it.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:08:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Not seeing the big deal. could be he's a gear whore and former military like a ton of people here.
I'm not sure where you're getting any indication of rank....
View Quote

This- he did something. OK in my book.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:09:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
13 years of military service and you can't even wear your flag the right way on your hat... give me a break. If you're going to do it... do it right.
View Quote

It's an IR flag meant to be worn on the sleeve with the blue advancing.  It's gonna be wrong worn on the front.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:15:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

And we want to bash him?

Got it.

View Quote

This....
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:17:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It's an IR flag meant to be worn on the sleeve with the blue advancing.  It's gonna be wrong worn on the front.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct... so buy a left shoulder flag. They're like 5$
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:17:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Do you wear a combat shirt around in public in case people don't notice your IR flag hat?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And we want to bash him?

Got it.

yea, im with you on this one (as long as the C doesnt stand for Costa)

Article says hes a vet...i think he wanted a visual to set him apart from the protestors/flag burners (mission achieved)

Ya'll act like hes out there in his BDUs and face paint or wearing a PC and Team Wendy Helmet...would you prefer he just wear a damn PT belt?

i really dont know how he couldve done it any classier/respectful while maintaining the power of his message

good counter protest.

I'm not a civilian and you seem juvenile and duchey.

Do you wear a combat shirt around in public in case people don't notice your IR flag hat?

It would seem that the purpose of a (counter) protest is to be noticed. So, what you're saying is that he dressed correctly for his purpose?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:20:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

He is good in my book.
View Quote

I agree.

These assholes are burning flags and you're bitching about a guy standing up for it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:21:31 AM EDT
[#48]
The horrors! OP should def. give the guy a call and set him straight

Mark Brummitt
SFC / USA RET.

... and when done contribute to his GoFundMe.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:22:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

And we want to bash him?

Got it.

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:24:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

He is good in my book.
View Quote

Yep.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top