Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:37:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Fight police misconduct in the courts and in the realm of public media, not on the street.

Second, I am sure that cop was wishing he had a different partner...one who helped not just followed him around.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:39:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe it's just late, but I read the thread title and thought, "what the fuck is a Nypd?"
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:37:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"Ray you're chanting"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rhythmic chanting?

Allahu Akbar

Allahu Akbar

Allahu Akbar

Allahu Akbar

"I wanna kill.....everyone.....Satan is good, Satan is our pal..."

He minds his own buissness

"Ray you're chanting"
Hey, once they get in here......it's over, pal.
I guess I'm the only one that got that

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 6:06:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I'd have seized the cellphone as evidence then gotten a warrant for the footage.
View Quote
as you seem to be a person who likes to trample on the Constitution, I am not surprised by that.

Note what Assist State Atty Bohrer says on this:

Police can rightly demand copies of the videos, etc., and could even get search warrants to possibly seize the phones of innocent bystanders in some situations.  Actually seizing the phone beforehand - without a warrant yet in hand - is considered illegal in many situations.

Collecting evidence doesn't normally allow you to blindly seize third parties' property, and given that every federal circuit is increasingly embracing the idea that phones are more than just 'phones' but rather small personal computers containing a massive amount of personal information and property, any police officer seizing a phone of a third-party is exposing themselves and their jurisdiction to serious civil liability.

Any police officer should speak with their bosses and/or prosecutors - those charged with actually interpreting the law and setting boundaries for the police - before doing it.

Basically seizing the phone of a witness to get the evidence on it can only happen legally if the officer has PC that the witness is going to destroy the evidence.  It's not good enough that the guy MIGHT delete the video, you have to have PC to believe he will...otherwise the 'reasonable' (used in 4th amendment context) search and seizure route is to go get a warrant for the phone itself because it holds evidence, then go to the person's home and get the phone.  The judge would of course also write the warrant not just to collect the physical phone but to also to access it.

But just like the illegal searching of an arrested person's phone was a rampant practice, so is the illegal seizing of phones of witnesses.

(No, searching a phone of an arrested person without a warrant didn't magically become illegal upon the release of the SCOTUS decision on that topic, it was always illegal under the 4th, they just clarified this, which is why cases based on evidence collected from phones without warrants prior to the ruling are being thrown out...or at least re-examined)

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:03:09 AM EDT
[#5]
He should have just shot him
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:07:53 AM EDT
[#6]
The little sister cop should just get out of the way.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:41:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Weird. Cops don't look like that where I'm from. Fuck living in that shithole state.
View Quote

You have no plainclothes cops in your state?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:49:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Boooolshitttttt warrants

A knife-wielding man wasn’t going down without a fight — and an NYPD cop was there to give it to him.
A video released Thursday shows two plainclothes officers in Harlem trying to arrest Saykou George, who has two outstanding warrants and a record of ­assault.

But as George apparently resists arrest and tries to stalk off, one of the cops has to resort to putting up his fists to keep him from fleeing along Fredrick Douglass Boulevard
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:19:35 AM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Boooolshitttttt warrants

A knife-wielding man wasn’t going down without a fight — and an NYPD cop was there to give it to him.

A video released Thursday shows two plainclothes officers in Harlem trying to arrest Saykou George, who has two outstanding warrants and a record of ­assault.

But as George apparently resists arrest and tries to stalk off, one of the cops has to resort to putting up his fists to keep him from fleeing along Fredrick Douglass Boulevard
Hahaha. Do you know how many people you disappointed with that post?

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:22:34 AM EDT
[#10]
And now we are all much safer
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:47:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Shit that's nothing. Ever seen a picture of extorris?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Weird. Cops don't look like that where I'm from. Fuck living in that shithole state.

There's a pic of his family reunion floating around somewhere, let me find it.

ETA: The younger generation.  Resemblance is uncanny.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:55:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=78275
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=78275

Not enough tattoos.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:05:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Did the Liberal Douche Brigade apologize yet for defending a criminal with warrants who attacked the police?

George was stopped because he had a knife in view, NYPD spokesman Sgt. Brendan Ryan said.
View Quote

Police officers had stopped Saykou George whom, according to the New York Post, they had seen carrying a blade in plain-sight. After having his ID checked by the officers, George — who had two outstanding warrants and a history of violence — began to grow increasingly belligerent, eventually lashing out at the female officer when she tried to place him in handcuffs.
View Quote

According to police commissioner Bill Bratton, Internal Affairs is currently reviewing the video of the Wednesday arrest, but in his, “preliminary review of [the video], [he] saw nothing inappropriate with the officers’ behavior.”
View Quote

George was slapped with a variety of charges, including resisting arrest, assaulting a police officer and criminal possession of a weapon.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:07:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Worrrllddd starrrrr
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:29:48 PM EDT
[#15]
But he "had to take his medicine" and "take care of his daughter upstairs" so getting arrested wasn't really convenient for him at that time.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:43:46 PM EDT
[#16]
That girly cop was cute but of no use whatsoever in that fight, id rather have another partner.

She could have just kicked the guy in the nuts from behind at some point, that would have ended the entire fight.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:15:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
She could have just kicked the guy in the nuts from behind at some point, that would have ended the entire fight.
View Quote

Also would have gotten her jammed up.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:32:44 PM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Boooolshitttttt warrants

Called it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:40:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Exactly what did the guy do, and why did the cop confiscate his ID?

Please, someone, educate the ignorant, here.
View Quote

Exactly, I wonder what happened before he got everything on camera?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:25:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boooolshitttttt warrants

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:01:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

What made it an illegal search?
View Quote

Nothing.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:02:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Ghetto trash fighting.  One piece of trash happened to work for the NYPD  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not sure what I just saw.
Ghetto trash fighting.  One piece of trash happened to work for the NYPD  

Easy there, tough guy.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:08:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Unbelievable

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And that female officer was worthless.

Shocking.

Unbelievable

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:26:10 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Did the Liberal Douche Brigade apologize yet for defending a criminal with warrants who attacked the police?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

George was stopped because he had a knife in view, NYPD spokesman Sgt. Brendan Ryan said.

Police officers had stopped Saykou George whom, according to the New York Post, they had seen carrying a blade in plain-sight. After having his ID checked by the officers, George — who had two outstanding warrants and a history of violence — began to grow increasingly belligerent, eventually lashing out at the female officer when she tried to place him in handcuffs.

According to police commissioner Bill Bratton, Internal Affairs is currently reviewing the video of the Wednesday arrest, but in his, "preliminary review of [the video], [he] saw nothing inappropriate with the officers’ behavior.”

George was slapped with a variety of charges, including resisting arrest, assaulting a police officer and criminal possession of a weapon.
In NYC the whole knife thing is a total farce, and every single cop who has any involvement in it should be ashamed.

Right after switchblades were banned, companies took the springs out of the knives so you could have the same knife but now you just tilt it down and let gravity pop out the blade.  The law prohibited carrying, owning, but also manufacturing and selling these knives.  And this type of knife basically went extinct.

Except your basic pocketknife especially when worn can often be flicked open.  That makes it a gravity knife in NYC...but they never prosecute any stores for selling them.  And these are everyday basic knives like you find in Home Depot.  Also, a cop can try and flick the knife open 1000 times, and all he has to do is get it to do it once.  Often times only police manage this, because they are the only ones practiced enough to get it to work.  Also, they've only gone after stores ONCE, and even then, they only went after small stand-alone hardware stores, big chains got special treatment.

Finally, cops are actively telling other cops to look for people and profile them as 'likely to have an arrest record' (code for 'black/brown male') and then look for the pocket clip because it is an easy way to get a felony arrest and hence ease up on the pressure to keep up churning out arrests.

When ruining someone's life has NOTHING to do with safety but simply so you can spend more time not doing your job, yet still collect the paycheck, that's as morally wrong as stealing.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:53:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Finally, cops are actively telling other cops to look for people and profile them as 'likely to have an arrest record' (code for 'black/brown male') and then look for the pocket clip because it is an easy way to get a felony arrest and hence ease up on the pressure to keep up churning out arrests.
View Quote

It's not always a felony. Usually a misdemeanor.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:01:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
And now we are all much safer
View Quote

Yeah police should stop arresting people, especially people with outstanding warrants. Has worked out well in Baltimore. Much safer up there now.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 6:31:42 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

my understanding is that if they have certain existing convictions it changes the possession from misdemeanor to felony, hence targeting people who have existing records.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 6:33:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
my understanding is that if they have certain existing convictions it changes the possession from misdemeanor to felony, hence targeting people who have existing records.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you know who has existing records? Do they walk around wearing signs?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:00:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

According to police commissioner Bill Bratton, Internal Affairs is currently reviewing the video of the Wednesday arrest, but in his, “preliminary review of [the video], [he] saw nothing inappropriate with the officers’ behavior.”

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:17:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ink?

(Oops!)

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:30:21 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Boooolshitttttt warrants

Vindication. I has it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:48:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Girl cop can follow me to my bed
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:27:22 PM EDT
[#33]
That IS fucking bullshit. Hunting for people who have a knife clipped to the pocket. Pretty much any knife can be eventually flicked open. Hell, I got stopped like that because I had a razor knife clipped to the pocket. But IT HAD NO BLADE (the blade got dull and I threw it out). The cop claimed it was still a "gravity knife without a blade". Only after showing them my PBA card did they let me go.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:30:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Only after showing them my PBA card did they let me go.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:32:14 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Don't get me wrong, I think they were idiots for being proactive and arresting anyone, but do you really, really and truly, think they just up and decided to arrest him for "walking down the street?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly what did the guy do, and why did the cop confiscate his ID?

Please, someone, educate the ignorant, here.

Aparently he was.... walking down the street.

I'm glad they put an end to that shit.

Don't get me wrong, I think they were idiots for being proactive and arresting anyone, but do you really, really and truly, think they just up and decided to arrest him for "walking down the street?"

Black in public?  Just being that can get you arrested there......as I understand.  

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:34:49 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Fight police misconduct in the courts and in the realm of public media, not on the street.

Second, I am sure that cop was wishing he had a different partner...one who helped not just followed him around.

View Quote

the more bruises you have, the bigger the payout.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:43:25 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/XmM8n64.jpg

But you have to agree that arresting someone for a knife without a blade is beyond crazy. I wonder what they would have done to a guy with one of those switchblade combs that were popular in the 90s.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:45:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
That IS fucking bullshit. Hunting for people who have a knife clipped to the pocket. Pretty much any knife can be eventually flicked open. Hell, I got stopped like that because I had a razor knife clipped to the pocket. But IT HAD NO BLADE (the blade got dull and I threw it out). The cop claimed it was still a "gravity knife without a blade". Only after showing them my PBA card did they let me go.
View Quote

Lol  remember walking into a casino one time, very observant mall ninja noticed my utility knife in a side pocket, says you can't bring  weapons in here! So I says don't worry it's just a tool...she says nope, it's a weapon. So I grabbed the blade n threw it in the trash, how bouts now?? Hahaha
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:46:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

But you have to agree that arresting someone for a knife without a blade is beyond crazy. I wonder what they would have done to a guy with one of those switchblade combs that were popular in the 90s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arresting mobsters for tax evasion is beyond crazy too.

No one likes taxes.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:50:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't even arrest guys with legit auto knives.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I have no doubt there are places for women in law enforcement.

I'm not sure what they are, but that situation is not one of them.
View Quote

She could have turned towards the crowd to verify that they did not attack the cops.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:58:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess you have a nice collection :)
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:54:03 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

See above...likely to have arrest records.   Race+gender+age+socioeconomic neighborhood+telltail signs such as gang tats, prison tats, MJ leaf clothing, biker jacket, etc.  The guy in his 50s in chinos and an oxford with a clip on his pocket doesn't have the same likelihood of having existing convictions.  But of course you know this already.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:40:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
That girly cop was cute but of no use whatsoever in that fight, id rather have another partner.

View Quote

ended her career as well... "Ofc. useless, when were you trained to kick someone in the nuts as a takedown?"....
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:28:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

ended her career as well... "Ofc. useless, when were you trained to kick someone in the nuts as a takedown?"....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not ended her career but she would have lost a serious amount of day's pay.
Co-worker of mine got caught on video landing a kick on a guy he was fighting with and what you posted is exactly what the department asked him, "When in the academy were you trained to do that? Oh that's right, never. Loss of 45 days and 1 year probation."
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:51:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Shocking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And that female officer was worthless.

Shocking.

This. My dad was NYPD, when the cops were big, Irish guys. Insert two beefy Irishmen into this video, with nightsticks, and there is no fight.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:05:36 AM EDT
[#47]
That chick was awesome!

We should make her an infantry officer.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:20:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
That chick was awesome!

View Quote

Yay diversity!!  Hire more women!!  Hire more brown people!    Hire more gay people!  Hire more black people!  Hire more yellow people!    

How about we just hire more qualified people??  I know, I know - crazy ass cracker should check his privilege
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:20:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Prior to  my policing days I saw several officers scuffling with a guy and the female officer's contribution to the melee was to hold
another officer's hat.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:22:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yay diversity!!  Hire more women!!  Hire more brown people!    Hire more gay people!  Hire more black people!  Hire more yellow people!    
How about we just hire more qualified people??  I know, I know - crazy ass cracker should check his privilege
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That chick was awesome!

You forgot the recent push to hire more muslims.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top