Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2015 3:36:42 AM EDT
Many people have been asking me how our life is going now.

I was laid off a contracting job on Fort Huachuca Sep 2013 along with nearly a hundred of my buddies. We lost our rental house by Oct and were forced to move into a RV. Dec 2013, we were being evicted from the RV park we were staying in with little notice. The RV would not start. Arfcom saved Christmas for my family. The advice I received help me get the RV running. Many of you donated, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Santa personally delivered the gifts to the RV in the yard behind the abandoned house where we had just moved to.

We spent about 18 months there before the county ran us off.  We had permission of the homeowner to be there. They will ship illegals to Phoenix and take them shopping but they will deport a veteran's family from their yard. I had worked several jobs over the previous 18 months. Day labor, yard jobs, digging ditches in the August heat, etc. The longest lasted two weeks before getting laid off, again. By the time the county came around with papers I had only had my job at Wally World for a few months. We had no savings. We were concentrating on paying bills and getting my car insured and registered. A really good friend had loaned me his truck to use for work transportation until I had the funds to get my car legal.

The first damn thing I did was start the RV. Of course it didn't start. It was the battery so it was an easy fix. Four days before we had to leave the property, my car's fuel pump sh&t the bed. I had to pull it and replace it myself, using the money we had saved to move into a sh&tty trailer. We had found a trailer less than a mile from the RV yard. Its easily the worst place I have ever lived. So, the car was fixed, insured, but we were broke.

I managed to sell a firearm, some ammo, and some personal possessions and came up with $360, $10 more than we needed to move in. My landlord waived the deposits. He also allowed us to park the RV next to the trailer for free, we just cant live in it.

Long story short, much hardship kept to myself, we are in a slightly better place. We are in a house! My daughter has her own room! We have a real roof over our heads and no tires under our feet!

Many, many, people helped us over the last two years and continue to help. Wally world pay is... about the same as unemployment. Every month is a struggle. I continue to work side jobs mowing lawns, digging holes, etc. I occasionally shoot some family portraits, and of course, I also write for kindle.

Which brings me to the important part of the post, the FREE STUFF! (I forgot to post the dates) Free books the 3rd and 4th!

www.bedtimetalesfromtheapocalypse.com

I try to pay the help forward when I can. I feed the neighbor kids. I buy the homeless guy at wally world a burger here and there. This experience has certainly changed my perspective on life.

I am not asking for money or anything, like someone accused me of the last time I posted an update. If you want to help someone, there is a family on your road, or a guy at work busting his ass to take care of his family. Slip them a grocery card, or drop off a bag of groceries, or call the power company and pay their bill. There is someone within arms reach of you, that needs your help more than I do.

However, please, download my free books and leave HONEST and COHERENT reviews this time, not that 87 and TIER 1 stuff like last time, LOL!

I am ready for your questions.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 3:45:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Good to hear from you and I'm glad things have improved
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 3:45:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I love Richard Scarry! Nice Avatar!
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 4:24:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love Richard Scarry! Nice Avatar!
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 4:27:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I just put this on my website. Picture and link. Leave cold. http://www.usflag.org/confederate.stars.and.bars.html
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:03:22 AM EDT
[#5]
you like the heat. Border Patrol is hiring as well as Customs. They always want people willing to live in AZ. FYI. usajobs.gov  Good Luck!
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:42:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
you like the heat. Border Patrol is hiring as well as Customs. They always want people willing to live in AZ. FYI. usajobs.gov  Good Luck!
View Quote

I hit them about every week with my resume for any intel jobs. Most jobs that are posted are for Prospective Contracts and are never real jobs. That's ok. Some day, if I'm good enough, smart enough, and likable enough, someone will hire me. Right? *crickets*

I can't do border patrol, too old, too broken, not enough patience. I would end up on you tube smoking a company sized element of Illegals to Insane Clown Posse.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:29:42 AM EDT
[#7]
The books are popping up free! Go get em! Feel free to share them around social media!
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:40:36 AM EDT
[#8]

I can't do border patrol, too old, too broken, not enough patience. I would end up on you tube smoking a company sized element of Illegals to Insane Clown Posse.
View Quote

That made me ROFL!!!!  
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:53:58 AM EDT
[#9]
In my town (four corners) they are always hiring county cops.  I mean hiring like they have highway digital displays and ads in the paper and flyers.  Not, I heard someone say "an officer quit."  

They really want people........

http://agency.governmentjobs.com/sanjuanco/default.cfm

Only lists one position, but I think it is multiple openings.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:05:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Thank you for the books. I noticed your editor is Jeff Covert. I know a Jeff Covert who lost his job around the same time you did. I wonder if it is the same person? If you have or can get a secret clearance the company I work for is hiring for a help desk position.

https://careers-stg.icims.com/jobs/10191/computer-operator-1---action-request-center-analyst/job]https://careers-stg.icims.com/jobs/10191/computer-operator-1---action-request-center-analyst/job

It is not much but starting pay is not bad around 15 to 16 bucks an hour and it is full time with benefits.

Link made cold
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:17:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thank you for the books. I noticed your editor is Jeff Covert. I know a Jeff Covert who lost his job around the same time you did. I wonder if it is the same person? If you have or can get a secret clearance the company I work for is hiring for a help desk position.

https://careers-stg.icims.com/jobs/10191/computer-operator-1---action-request-center-analyst/job]https://careers-stg.icims.com/jobs/10191/computer-operator-1---action-request-center-analyst/job

It is not much but starting pay is not bad around 15 to 16 bucks an hour and it is full time with benefits.

Link made cold
View Quote

There is only one Jeff Covert. We were coworkers. I also own a custom build AR he built and insists I keep even though I have no means to pay for it. He wants me to be able to defend my family since I have had to sell my guns. Good guy.

We are at 60 downloads!
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:44:38 PM EDT
[#12]
210 downloads so far!
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:06:41 AM EDT
[#13]
566 units downloaded, and 6 sold!!!!

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:14:52 PM EDT
[#14]
We are at 274 downloads for today so far.

I thought I would share why the Fourth is one of my family's most important holidays.

My wife was 9.5 months pregnant in 2007 for the fourth. No one is their right mind would drag a heavily pregnant woman to the fireworks show in Phoenix in the heat and crowds.
My wife wasn't feeling very well, anyway. The pregnancy was difficult and had several complications. As the night wore on, my wife felt nauseous and decided some juice wold help. We went to the Walgreen's near our house. As we were leaving, the fire works started popping off in the distance. I wrapped my arms around my wife and we leaned against the car and enjoyed the show. 22 days later our Mia arrived. At that time we didn't know the challenges we would face in the next 12 months.

I received mobilization orders in April 2008. By June 2008 I had already been away from home for a month due to training. We were allowed to head back for the fourth holiday. We decided, with my 11 month old daughter being sick, that we would skip the fire works that year. We ran out of medicine so we headed to Walgreen's by the house. As we were leaving, Mia resting in her carrier bumping on my hip, the fire works started. We held our babygirl between us and watched the show. I left the next morning for Iraq.

I was gone for exactly two days short of a year. My first sgt moved heaven and earth the get us all home for the 4th. My Daughter was an infant when I left, and was running and talking when I came home. We packed everything up and finally went to see the fireworks together, as a family. As the festivities were about to start they started playing the national anthem. I rose to my feet and put my hand over my heart as did my wife. Most people around us ignored it. Suddenly, my wife is screaming.

"Get on your fuckin feet, right fuckin now and show some gawddamn respect! My husband just got home from Iraq, yesterday!"

Wow! Her tone and demeanor gave them no options. Within seconds, everyone on our side of the stadium was standing.

It was joyous.

Its been 6 years since I came home.

We aren't going to see the fire works tonight, not together. I have to work and thats ok. Last year I didn't have a job. I am not leaving this year. I will lay my head down next to my wife's after I tuck my kid in. This year, our life has improved.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:24:13 PM EDT
[#15]
So reading order is .5, .9 then books 1-3?

I've checked periodically and books .5 and .9 didn't show up when I clicked your name on amazon.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:56:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Read 1-3, then .5 and .9
Follow my website link. Sometimes Amazon doesn't work right.

Book .5
Book .9
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 3:31:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Met some Arfcommers in person today at work!

Total downloads for the day are at 738! Six sales!

Grand total of the two days is 1222 downloads and 12 sales!

My books ranked very high. Book 1 made it into a #1 slot and the others made top 3 and top 10 and bounced around in there a bit.

My Facebook

I posted screen caps there.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:36:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Another small update.

I am now in college to finish up my Military Intelligence AA Degree.
I have a very slim chance of getting my old instructing job back by Sept. 20th making 70k a year.
The GI BILL should start paying soon. (I hope!)
My kid is now 8 years old and just lost her front teeth.

Unfortunately,

Everything else, my books, my side work, and even my photography has to stop so I can concentrate on school.
I thought math was going to be my nemesis, but its my favorite class. Its black and white. Right or wrong.
Anthropology is a bitch!

Thank you, again, Arfcom!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top