Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/1/2015 5:47:17 PM EDT
A few days ago during one of our 20 straight days of rain I noticed this bro-truck down the street from me the guy had a plastic shopping bag bungee corded over the tops of his stacks to keep the rain out. They are the straight cut kind not the curved at the top type you see on semi tractors. Do all the bros with the stupid big stacks have to do this? Another reason to never get stacks I suppose.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:48:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I love the single giant straight stack in the front of the bed.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:48:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Bro, do you even roll coal?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:49:00 PM EDT
[#3]
no, some of them have stack flappers.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:50:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
no, some of them have stack flappers.
http://www.dodgetalk.com/gallery/files/9/1/7/0/4/100_2211.JPG
View Quote

clankclankclankclankclankclankclankclankclankclankclankclankclankclankclankclankclankclankclankclankclankclankclank
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:51:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I've seen that.

It's retarded.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:51:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I suppose my truck probably could if I wanted to I don't know I'm not 19 so never tried to or bought the stuff to.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:52:24 PM EDT
[#7]
lol

So if you fill the bro stacks with water...what would be the result?  Fill the cylinders with open exhaust valves?  I mean, that would be bad, right?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:53:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Bro dozers bother me less than cyclists. At least they generally stop at stop signs and red lights and can travel at safe speeds on highways.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:57:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A few days ago during one of our 20 straight days of rain I noticed this bro-truck down the street from me the guy had a plastic shopping bag bungee corded over the tops of his stacks to keep the rain out. They are the straight cut kind not the curved at the top type you see on semi tractors. Do all the bros with the stupid big stacks have to do this? Another reason to never get stacks I suppose.
View Quote

Truck envy?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:00:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I drive a diesel pick up, tuned. No stacks.

Guys who put stacks on trucks and over load their trucks/trailers to look cool are fucking stupid.

Real trucks have stacks. Real trucks also have  Peterbilt, Kenworth, Western Star or Mack on the hood.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:01:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Truck envy?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Truck envy?

Sure that must be it Get a dam CDL and drive a real truck son
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:01:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would have figured they'd have a small drain hole at the lowest point.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:03:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I suppose my truck probably could if I wanted to I don't know I'm not 19 so never tried to or bought the stuff to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:03:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope. Exhaust leak there.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:04:14 PM EDT
[#15]
A little water down the stack really won't hurt anything. The nasty black water that gets blown out after starting the truck make a mess of everything around.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:10:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I've never covered the stacks because of rain on my bro dozer. They are miter cut tops. But I live where there is very little rain compared to most. We only get 16" of rain a year. The hot exhaust burns the water out pretty quick.

I have a buddy with twin turbos on his truck. The bottom turbo is pretty low, so he covers his stacks. I doubt the water would ever reach it though.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:12:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very minor, and many do it.  

If water collects it blows sooty water all over the back of the truck when you romp on it.  

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:13:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If water collects it blows sooty water all over the back of the truck when you romp on it.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And on a commercial vehicle, in a DOT inspection you'd get a ticket for an exhaust leak.

Fact.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:14:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've never covered the stacks because of rain on my bro dozer. They are miter cut tops. But I live where there is very little rain compared to most. We only get 16" of rain a year. The hot exhaust burns the water out pretty quick.

I have a buddy with twin turbos on his truck. The bottom turbo is pretty low, so he covers his stacks. I doubt the water would ever reach it though.
View Quote

Y'all can have that in CA?? I thought they had all that exhaust emissions shit. No modifications or anything. Serious question
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:17:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

And on a commercial vehicle, in a DOT inspection you'd get a ticket for an exhaust leak.

Fact.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fact.

Yep instant fail in NY on an emissions check, not even going to hook up the meter; here's your fail ticket.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#21]
This thread needs more pictures
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:19:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Y'all can have that in CA?? I thought they had all that exhaust emissions shit. No modifications or anything. Serious question
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you asking what the law is, or what many do with their diesel pickups?

As far as stacks on pickups go, if the stack turns at the tip, it has to point strait backwards unless they are over 10'3" tall. No canting them outwards if under that height. Strait up pipes are fine but only when behind the driver. No hood stack for on road. You have to leave the CAT on for smog inspection. I eliminated the stock muffler but have "in stack" DOT approved mufflers.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:19:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h367/Use_the_2nd/Mobile%20Uploads/8858FB22-0D93-45E5-ADCA-B7D83C2F39ED_zps0kfmsglt.gif

Who is this chick ? ^^^^^^^
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:20:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This thread needs more pictures
View Quote

My truck is in for paint.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:22:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Out here in Ca bro dozers are now putting one huge fucking pipe under the cab angled downward at 45 degrees. The pipe is easily 8"-10" in diameter maybe bigger. It looks like ass...

Its looks like this but in the middle of the truck under the cab part.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Every time i see a truck with those on it, i question the sanity of the driver.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:23:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h367/Use_the_2nd/Mobile%20Uploads/8858FB22-0D93-45E5-ADCA-B7D83C2F39ED_zps0kfmsglt.gif

My future ex-wife and lover Jennifer Lawrence
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:24:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Mine:

Although the newest pete in my fleet is prettier... I just don't have pics yet.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do believe it's Jennifer Lawrence.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:25:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Guys who put stacks on trucks and over load their trucks/trailers to look cool are fucking stupid.

Real trucks have stacks. Real trucks also have  Peterbilt, Kenworth, Western Star or Mack on the hood.
View Quote

Those are tractors
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:26:52 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

lol

So if you fill the bro stacks with water...what would be the result?  Fill the cylinders with open exhaust valves?  I mean, that would be bad, right?
View Quote
Unless it was a hurricane and rained so much the truck was under water that won't happen. What it will do is spew all that crap all over the truck when started.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Those are tractors
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those are tractors

Better?

Also mine. It's a tanker-truck.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:28:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jennifer Lawrence.

thousands of nude pics she had hacked
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:29:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/254940858/DSC_4689_00001.jpg

Better?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those are tractors

Better?

Boner! Moreso than the nudes of JLaw. nohomo
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:29:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Out here in Ca bro dozers are now putting one huge fucking pipe under the cab angled downward at 45 degrees. The pipe is easily 8"-10" in diameter maybe bigger. It looks like ass...

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/attachments/general-diesel-discussion/24051d1273064057-big-exhaust-tips-powerstroke-tip.jpg
View Quote

That is a central Cal thing. And it is really popular with the some of the East Indian bros. We don't see that much up here in Jefferson.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:31:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those are tractors

Better?

Coolest thing about it? It's a glider kit.

Has a true, non-emissions motor in it. And probably the best non-emissions motor ever built.

2001 CAT C15 6NZ.

Platinium rebuild by cat before it went in the frame.  Second cat glider kit ever made.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:31:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Without stacks your exhaust points straight into open windows on priuses.

Stacks are a polite addition to the truck similar to gun silencers.

I've had multiple people roll up their windows when they see me coming.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:31:59 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Those are tractors
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Those are tractors
Yeah, because screw Freightliner!

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:33:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those are tractors

Sorry, I consider Columbia's and prostars rolling tupperware boxes.  Especially when they're coupled with wuss'd out ISM's and MBE 4000's.

Now, if you're talking an older FLD112SD or  9900XI? they're decent trucks.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Unless it was a hurricane and rained so much the truck was under water that won't happen. What it will do is spew all that crap all over the truck when started.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

lol

How about a theoretical pissed off spandex wearing cyclist who got coal rolled on a grade and now has a couple of gallons of water to dispose of?  Or a garden hose.

Would that do damage? Or just an inconvenience?

Yes, yes I know, shoot a motherfucker in the face, blah, blah, blah...would it cause damage?

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:34:45 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
That is a central Cal thing. And it is really popular with the some of the East Indian bros. We don't see that much up here in Jefferson.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/attachments/general-diesel-discussion/24051d1273064057-big-exhaust-tips-powerstroke-tip.jpg

A couple of highschool kids do it around here. Guess all that matters is if you're really loud. Don't have to actual perform well or sound good in any way. If it's loud it instantly better

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:36:41 PM EDT
[#42]
They used to use empty metal coffee cans on tractor stacks....Still do I suspect.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:37:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Stacks are a polite addition to the truck similar to gun silencers.

I've had multiple people roll up their windows when they see me coming.

View Quote

Never thought about it that way.

I daily ride a motorcycle and that shit kills me.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Jennifer Lawrence.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jennifer Lawrence.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:39:59 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm glad our resident coal roller gave us his justification for his pipes.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:40:20 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRu3xtTH9ng

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:41:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

INTERNATIONAL thank you.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:42:07 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
How about a theoretical pissed off spandex wearing cyclist who got coal rolled on a grade and now has a couple of gallons of water to dispose of?  Or a garden hose.

Yes, yes I know, shoot a motherfucker in the face, blah, blah, blah...would it cause damage?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol

It would take a lot of water, especially if it has all the stock mufflers and emissions equipment. But yes if you put a hose in it (as long as the stack is taller than the exhaust manifold, so pretty much stack ever) it would fill up the exhaust and then go through an open exhaust valve and fill up a cylinder. There's a chance that one of the intake valves could be open and the water could go through that. Or you could get stuff in a turbo.

Yes, you could harm an engine by doing that.

P.S. Whatever fight you're trying to make is not with me, I gave you my opinion and nothing else.

Eta: it's almost garuantee that any enigine will have a exhaust valve open btw
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:42:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
They used to use empty metal coffee cans on tractor stacks....Still do I suspect.

http://www.todaysphoto.org/potd/rusty-old-tractor.jpg
View Quote

until you forget to take the can off. Dam thing shoots 20 plus feet in the air and lands on your hood
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:43:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

http://www.todaysphoto.org/potd/rusty-old-tractor.jpg
View Quote

That's because if you didn't, you'd instantly fill the turbo or motor with water. Some of those old tractors, the manifolds pointed up and went to pipe strait out the hood. If it rained hard enough, it will water lock the motor on the first rotation and would snap the starter shaft instantly. Then you got to tare the motor down for a rebuild.

With pickups and stacks there is plenty of down and up piping to keep the motor and turbo dry.

My neighbor has a 1930s ford and he cans the exhaust for the same reason. But he uses a bungee cord to hold the can on. He's had the wind blow it off.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top