BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:48:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

But if it's discussed here it's a no-no?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For better or worse, dark humor comes to a new level inside a police station.  Nothing is sacred.  Doesn't mean that cops like seeing kids hurt, but they'll talk shit about anything.

As a vet, dark humor I understand.  Time and a place I also understand, and keeping your dark humor inside the station I understand too.

But if it's discussed here it's a no-no?

If I'm not mistaken, you have your own forum for that like we do.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:51:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I actually think police like military should held to a high standard. Teachers also. That said I think most of the time cops are their own worst enemy, all three of these professions should also be highly respected. Now most of what we are seeing directed at leos is uncalled for but then you get high profile cases like the LAPD shooting up a truck or LA sheriffs horse thief beating and nothing happens no one is fired no one is told to find a new job. So what happens the publics opinions starts to shift they start to lose respect of the people. It is time for something to change or the feds are going to step in and force change which won't be for the better..
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:51:59 PM EDT
[#3]
So the girl Ava got cut and then shot, what a shitty day for her.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:52:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I totally appreciate that every occupation has their 10%.  And hats off to the LEOs in here who simply said this shooter is obviously a fuck up and left it at that.  My beef is with some of the usual suspects who are showing their asses, and sorry but I just don't think a thread about a 4 year old girl getting shot is the time to wax nostalgic about giving your co-workers a good ribbing about shooting an innocent civilian, killing an old granny, or discussing how if your co-worker shot a 4 year old girl how that would be comedy gold.  If you're looking around to figure out why LEOs get a bad rap, look no farther than this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you missed it.

Yeah, I missed the corollary to how "I had to draw down once" makes shooting a little girl a laugh riot.

I didn't read it that way but if I missed it please point it out.

Cops, just like in any other profession, have f-ing idiots in their ranks.  Appreciate the good ones and kick the others in the arse.

I totally appreciate that every occupation has their 10%.  And hats off to the LEOs in here who simply said this shooter is obviously a fuck up and left it at that.  My beef is with some of the usual suspects who are showing their asses, and sorry but I just don't think a thread about a 4 year old girl getting shot is the time to wax nostalgic about giving your co-workers a good ribbing about shooting an innocent civilian, killing an old granny, or discussing how if your co-worker shot a 4 year old girl how that would be comedy gold.  If you're looking around to figure out why LEOs get a bad rap, look no farther than this thread.

Completely understand what you're saying...  I think what I failed to understand in the early days on this forum is that there is a long history that preceded me before joining the forum.  Yeah, there could be that 10% here but the 90% got tired of being accused of being part of the smaller group and decided f-it, may as well have some fun jerking the anti LE's chain.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:52:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Me too, I'd gladly take the month off paid tax free.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll take a bite if it means not shooting a child. Assuming that's a choice.

I like the way you think.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:54:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It is time for something to change or the feds are going to step in and force change which won't be for the better..
View Quote

Going by the examples of what's happened in other areas where the feds come in and force change I would welcome it with open arms. I'd much rather have reactive cops in my area who don't want to do anything.
The completely reactive cops in my old area are one of the few things I miss about NY.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:54:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

GD might not be the most civil place on earth, but it isn't some repercussion free zone either.  If you expect to show your ass and have nobody draw conclusions about you or the organizations you represent, I got some news for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Regardless, you shouldn't take GD so seriously.  If you want a serious discussion this ain't the place.  Nor is it the place where people (who've got any sense) draw their conclusions about police.

GD might not be the most civil place on earth, but it isn't some repercussion free zone either.  If you expect to show your ass and have nobody draw conclusions about you or the organizations you represent, I got some news for you.

I've shown my ass?  Please show me where.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:55:16 PM EDT
[#8]
This shouldn't make you hate the police. This should make you hate idiots and hope they don't get hired at your local PD.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:57:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's an isolated incident.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this a dupe or does this happen that often?

Your shitting me, right? This happens constantly. I read a story like this at least once a month in Michigan. Respect to law enforcement, but it takes a real pussy to shoot a dog.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:58:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Your shitting me, right? This happens constantly. I read a story like this at least once a month in Michigan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this a dupe or does this happen that often?

Your shitting me, right? This happens constantly. I read a story like this at least once a month in Michigan.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:59:25 PM EDT
[#11]
It looked like the pitbull was laughing in the video of the cop that shot himself in the leg.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:00:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

So a dog's name is now what decides what breed it is and how much it weighs?

link
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The dog's name is "Patches" according to the story.  I sure would love to see a pic of the dog.  That doesn't sound like a pitbull or rottweiler dog name.  sounds like a terrier or collie or pug, or something.

So a dog's name is now what decides what breed it is and how much it weighs?

They say the roughly 40-pound dog, a bulldog mix named Patches
link
Thank you, I missed that .

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:00:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Cop fucked up.  He'll pay get extra paid vacation for it.  Hopefully the kid will recover.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:02:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Go add up the reports and get back to me with stats.  The numbers are proportionately tiny....it just happens to be all that you see.  There are about a million officers who don't make the news everyday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The fucking police nowadays make it very hard not to hate them.  

Picture of the dog charging the pussy cop:

http://denvilledogpark.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/lewis-morris-dog-park-on-sunday-afternoon-438.jpg

Guy was an idiot, but that makes you hate police as a whole?  

Hm.

maybe it's the never ending reports of isolated incidents of protecting and serving

Go add up the reports and get back to me with stats.  The numbers are proportionately tiny....it just happens to be all that you see.  There are about a million officers who don't make the news everyday.

So.. kind of like dangerous dogs?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://denvilledogpark.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/lewis-morris-dog-park-on-sunday-afternoon-438.jpg

Guy was an idiot, but that makes you hate police as a whole?  

Hm.

maybe it's the never ending reports of isolated incidents of protecting and serving

Not in disagreement.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:08:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Missed the dog and shot the kid instead.. Is this going to be the new thing? Instead of hide your dags it's going to be hide your kads....
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:12:52 PM EDT
[#17]
I liked it better when idiots worked at McDonald's fucking up my order in the drive thru.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:15:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Huh, that's a funny looking 40 lb. bulldog mix.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh, that's a funny looking 40 lb. bulldog mix.

I bet the guy who comes up with the "roughly 40lbs" is the same guy who estimates street value of drugs seized.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:16:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ain't shit gonna happen. Shooting kids is an accepted practice.

Protected and served!
View Quote

Seriously. You are beyond reasoning with. Carry on.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:19:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What a fucking idiot!  Nevermind maybe using mace first, or kicking the little dog off his ankle.  What a pussy!

In cases like this, I wouldn't blame the citizen for shooting back in self defense.
View Quote

How little was it? What kind of dog was it? Just curious, since someone in GD appears to be in the know and posted a pic of a yorkie asserting it was the dog. Is that your source of info?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:19:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Protected and served!

Do you predict that the officer will be tried criminally or have any other real sanctions against him?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:21:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Do you predict that the officer will be tried criminally or have any other real sanctions against him?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Protected and served!

Either way, implying that this is "acceptable" is a bullshit child-troll statement.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:22:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I actually think police like military should held to a high standard. Teachers also. That said I think most of the time cops are their own worst enemy, all three of these professions should also be highly respected. Now most of what we are seeing directed at leos is uncalled for but then you get high profile cases like the LAPD shooting up a truck or LA sheriffs horse thief beating and nothing happens no one is fired no one is told to find a new job. So what happens the publics opinions starts to shift they start to lose respect of the people. It is time for something to change or the feds are going to step in and force change which won't be for the better..
View Quote

And here the footage of the horse thief being protected and served only heightened my respect for the police. Huh.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:24:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Either way, implying that this is "acceptable" is a bullshit child-troll statement.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Protected and served!

Anything short of actual prosecution says it is.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:27:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't disagree, but on the scale of childish troll statements, it kinda pales in comparison to laughing about the shooting, saying it would provide years of laughter in the office, and then going on to share stories of other laugh riots like shooting a woman, and killing a grandma on the porch, doncha think?

I will add as well, anyone else attempts to shoot a dog and instead shoots a 4 year old girl, the wheels of justice probably move a wee bit swifter, and will without a doubt result in some serious consequences legally.  However here we've had folks openly admit that it wont, and state they're sure they'd still have a desk at work afterwards.

So maybe some of the LEOs here are the ones perpetuating the idea that shooting a civvy is a practice without consequence.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:27:13 PM EDT
[#26]
That stupid kid should have respected that police officers authority. Good shoot.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:28:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's true.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:29:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't believe I have once implied that I believe this action was acceptable.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:31:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit.

People accidentally injure kids all the time and don't get prosecuted.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:31:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No you. Star_Scream.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:32:49 PM EDT
[#31]
It's getting to where I fear the police more than criminals.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:33:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Bullshit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit.

The totality of the circumstances points to this not being "just an accident".  Dropping his weapon and it fires, that's an accident.  Pulling the trigger with your fucking finger in attempt to shoot something with a child in the background within mere feet of you, is NOT an accident, it's negligent.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Protected and served!

Of course. He was out of his jurisdiction, shot another jurisdiction's resident, then left the scene of his incompetence/misconduct.
Even FOP Lodge #9 won't want anything to do with him.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:33:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Can we go a week without a cop shooting a child, dog, or otherwise innocent person?

Are people really arguing in this thread? It's a fairly cut and dry situation. Cop tries to shoot dog, hits kid in leg. What is there to argue about?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:36:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Bullshit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit.

So he didn't mean to pull the trigger?

Words mean things.....
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:40:37 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

What I don't get is.....why did the daughter run outside for an address for 911, when the article clearly states they were at home.  Sounds like the mother was the one who called too.  Who doesn't know their own address?
View Quote

If you'd ever been to Whitehall, you'd understand.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:41:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Protected and served!

And therein lies the problem.  Any other profession a person will be held criminally liable for shooting an innocent bystander, we're talking prison time.

But in a profession where people are supposedly trained to handle firearms in tense situations and avoid accidents like this, it seems to the layperson that a cop can injure or kill an innocent bystander and get off with a job suspension or a demotion (if even that).  And then we have geniuses in this thread talking about how they would be joking about it for years to come.

Is it any surprise why fewer people trust the police?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:41:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Well he served and protected the shit out of that adorable 4 year old blonde girl.

Hope he gets fired and criminally charged.
And the bitch didn't even stick around to check on her, or to offer aid.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:20:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
We had a local sheriffs deputy shoot him self while attempting to shoot a "vicious" dog. The vicious dog was shown in the news report to be playing with children after the incident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHsIwQkAJxw
View Quote

Not saying the cop needed to shoot the dog, but it was a Pit Bull.

I have one directly behind me. He gets in our yard all the time. He's playful as fuck. He even bellies up to my Beagles. My BIL also has one that's be cuddliest dog I ever met.

On the other hand, a "playful" pit bull mauled our dog when I was a kid. My father emptied his .357 into it. I also have two extremely aggressive Pit Bulls next door who smash head first into our fence whenever my dogs are out. I had to rebuild the fence to reinforce it to protect my dogs, wife, and kids and started keeping my shotgun in the kitchen near be back door. And my father was a cop. He was never in a hurry to shoot dogs, he only killed that one Pit Bull that I know of but he was bitten multiple times on the job.

I love dogs and know not all Pit Bulls attack, but a Pit Bull that I don't know is off the leash starts charging my way I'll shoot the fucker too.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:21:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Bullshit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit.

Firing a gun "in the line of duty" isn't an accident.

I giggled a little when I typed the in the line of duty part just so you know.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:34:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This causes you to HATE police?  Quite the emotional little butterfly, you are.

Sounds like the guy was an idiot, though I'm sure the words of the news story doesn't illustrate how things went down in a way that lends itself to clear understanding.  Call the guy a moron, say he's retarded, etc etc, but hate him for it?  Ok, drama queen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This causes you to HATE police?  Quite the emotional little butterfly, you are.

Sounds like the guy was an idiot, though I'm sure the words of the news story doesn't illustrate how things went down in a way that lends itself to clear understanding.  Call the guy a moron, say he's retarded, etc etc, but hate him for it?  Ok, drama queen.

Yes it causes us to HATE cops. He shot a little girl because he missed hitting a dog.

If it was your daughter you might not be so filled with derp.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:36:41 PM EDT
[#42]
clearly he didn't shoot her on purpose

Neglegent, maybe.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:43:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Neglegent, maybe.
View Quote

Maybe neglengent ?

Maybe?

If a gun is a tool of the trade you damn well better have your shit together when you fire it. You fire it in an unsafe manor you are directly liable for its effects down range.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:48:30 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Missed the dog and shot the kid instead.. Is this going to be the new thing? Instead of hide your dags it's going to be hide your kads....
View Quote
Few years ago a lady cop took a shot at a snake that was no threat to anyone.  She missed but domed a little kid fishing with his grandfather.  

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:49:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Nevertheless, using an event like that as an office joke is pretty messed up.  If I had a co-worker who (for example) tried to tie his shoes on the road in a company car and ran over a kid or an old woman through his own negligence, I don't think anybody would be making jokes about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We mercilessly mocked the cop at work who shot at a guy and instead killed a grandmother sitting on her porch. Even more so after we found out he wanted to put in for a medal.

IMO, that kind of negligence shouldn't be mocked or laughed at - it should be punished and held up as an example to others, that you own the consequences of every bullet you fire, from the moment it leaves your barrel until it comes to rest.

Meh, I'm not the PC or the DA.
Those decisions were wayyyy above my paygrade.

Nevertheless, using an event like that as an office joke is pretty messed up.  If I had a co-worker who (for example) tried to tie his shoes on the road in a company car and ran over a kid or an old woman through his own negligence, I don't think anybody would be making jokes about it.

I'm not a cop but even I recognize its a coping mechanism. See nothing but shit day in and day out and you don't think they have to find ways to deal with it?

My father had a permanent injury from a plane crash so was put on permanent light duty. They put him in dispatch. He hated it. They had civilians take the 911 calls and about a dozen officers do the actual dispatching.  The city decided to put civilians in dispatch to save money. I remember my father saying it was a bad idea because they wouldn't be able to handle what actually went on over the air. Sure enough, within a month the city was flooded with complaints from the new dispatchers that went all the way to the mayor's office, and officers were forced to undergo sensitivity training so they wouldn't damage the delicate sensibilities of the new dispatchers.

This all happened around the same time Boston cops were ordered to stop using the term "Paddy wagon" because it was deemed a racial slur. Nobody knows who was actually offended because despite a large portion of BPD being Irish, including three generations of my family wearing the badge, we don't see it as a racial slur. They also replaced all 2,000 BPD badges because female officers were offended they said "Patrolman" (or so the city claimed). They were issued new badges that said "Police Officer". Lots of herp derp in that city.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll take a bite if it means not shooting a child. Assuming that's a choice.

As a taxpayer, I'd rather you take the month off, FWIW.

(It's cheaper, too )
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:53:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Sounds like herp invited derp and her kid was shot since there was no real perp for derp.

View Quote

thats my legal assessment as well
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:54:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Of course. He was out of his jurisdiction, shot another jurisdiction's resident, then left the scene of his incompetence/misconduct.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Protected and served!

Courts and cops don't give a shit about jurisdiction anymore.  Your personal sovereignty truly doesn't' matter to them.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:57:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
but it takes a real pussy to shoot a dog.
View Quote

We'll see you preaching this in every non-LE related GD dog shooting or draw down thread, right?

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:58:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Neglegent, maybe.
View Quote

Just so you know, you are embarrassing yourself and making yourself look bad.

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top